dslongstaff

asked Jan 3, 2012 at 11:48am
Samsung Samsung CLX 3175

Samsung CLX 3175 FW - System Error Cycle Power

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I am getting a message "System Error Cycle Power" on my Samsung CLX 3175 FW printer. Rebooting machine multiple times makes no difference. Some suggested you should reinstall the drivers on your PC, but that seems completely wrong to me.

Most Google searches suggest it needs a new fuser unit (only 14 months old, so a bit annoying.) However, the error message seems a bit vague.

I've managed to get the old one out, but can't decide what part to buy. The service manual I found online says "JC96-04780A" (it's a 220V - UK model). This part seems to be quite expensive at around £90.

However, Google searches for a "fuser unit for Samsung CLX 3175" seem to bring most results for a part "JC96-05491B" at about £40. The images look like it's the right part, and so it's tempting to go for the cheaper product. I don't know if this helps but this cheaper part makes reference to "ELA" in it's product title.

I have 2 questions.

1) Does anyone know if the system error really does mean a new fuser unit is required?
2) Any ideas if the cheaper part will be fine? Any help will be really appreciated.
Hi,

Someone has suggested that these are the same parts. If that is the case, that at least answers one point.

Anyone know if the "System Error Cycle Power" means a new fuser?

Many thanks.
by dslongstaff on Jan 4, 2012 at 11:27pm Add comment
Did you get to the bottom of the problem? I've the same issue on a 3170FN.
by elqueso666 on Feb 14, 2012 at 7:34am Add comment
The reason why they tell you to load the software package is because if the printer has an issue the software will tell you exactly what is wrong. System error can be more than one item and that is why you need to load the complete software package which has a pop up on the screen which tells you what is wrong with the printer.
by dmzcompute on Feb 14, 2012 at 5:17pm Add comment
the cheaper fuser is usually from the us and rated at 110volt,
have you loaded the software to find out what has failed...
by carneage on Feb 14, 2012 at 10:57pm Add comment
The problem is the fuser with the one I have and if you can take the fuser out 4 screws, remove the right hand side cover one screw and be carffull with the front door when removing you don't want to break your laser accuator lever, diconnect the Ac wire and the themistor wire. remove the tow themostate after you get the fuser out.
measure with ohm meter and to fix them or one of them hold in needle nose where the wire connect to it and bang it on hard surface, try it till it reset measure it to know it reset. put back and you should have a working printer

by SalemS on Aug 1, 2012 at 10:29am Add comment
Hello. I banged the two thermisters but how do I know these are reset and how to measure. When I measured with ohmmeter I am getting 'continuity'. I will appreciate for yr early response. Thnx - Gsingh45
Thank you, SalemS, I had a solid paper jam around the fuser roller in my Samsung CLX 3175FN, I was able to remove the fuser, take it apart and remove the paper(6 layers). After refitting the fuser unit an error message, 'System Error Cycle Power' was displayed. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software, this did not solve the problem. Then I phoned Samsung about a repair, cheaper to drop printer in the bin. Finally I found your advice for a fix, removed the fuser, unscrewed the 2 thermostats, hit them on the table, refitted all and hey presto, printer working like new. Thanks again, hope this helps someone else as I wasted hours on this before finding your fix. - FroggyP
Yes, I managed to fix it. It was the fuser unit, and the cheaper product did the trick. Bit of a pain to change though, especially to say its supposed to be a consumable part.

I'll not buy Samsung printer next time.
by dslongstaff on Aug 1, 2012 at 12:10pm Add comment
Hi

Here are some solutions to "system error cycle power":
http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.fr
by Jann31 on Feb 12, 2013 at 10:12am Add comment
Hi,
Great. Thanks to Salems, i followed his instructions removing fuser and themostate, banging them and i solved the "system error cycle power" saving 100€!!!
Thanks a lot!!!
by Mogolone on May 16, 2013 at 9:47am Add comment
Hi,
Great. Thanks to Salems, i followed his instructions removing fuser and themostate, banging them and i solved the "system error cycle power" saving 100€!!!
Thanks a lot!!!
by Mogolone on May 16, 2013 at 9:47am Add comment
Hurrah for SalemS!!
His words put me in the right direction and now my printer is like new without a single $ expense.
Thanks a lot for your sharing!
by unknown on May 21, 2013 at 8:58am Add comment
Thanks to SalemS. Don't know why, but it worked.
Cheers
by unknown on Nov 21, 2013 at 12:48pm Add comment
Hi, I just posted previous comment. In the meantime my printer have chosen to cooperate and it's now functioning, but I needed to cleanup the toner waste bin first. I needed to wash it and fan dry it. Thanks Lord it's working now. :)
by unknown on Oct 9, 2014 at 12:07pm Add comment
Wow thanks for posting this, I fixed my printer after 2 days working on it, thank you.
by unknown on Dec 9, 2014 at 2:14pm Add comment
Hi,
Great. Thanks to Salems, my SCX 4825FN working like new!!!
Thanks!!!
by unknown on Jan 19, 2015 at 7:12am Add comment
I did this fix too, found fried paper under the thermostat, cleaned up the contact points banged it on desk a few times, put back and hey presto. Saved a packet. Thanks very much guys.
by unknown on Mar 9, 2015 at 6:27am Add comment