sirquickly66asked Oct 1, 2010 at 4:57pm
HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR
Sending the RFU file with "copy /b c:\\lj4250.rfu lpt1" is not sucessful. Windows informs 2 seconds after sending the file, that the file was sucessfully copied! This must be a joke. The file size is 17 mb!
Then an error window (Title "sy_p2d_client32") appears with the message "Error occured during print job".
Also a cold reset isn´t possible. Always the entire error message appears.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I´ve found the solution for my problem, after using google for hours.
Resending the rfu file via parallel port (and all other activities) was blocked by the RFU error message.
Here is how to solve the problem:
Clearing RFU Error Message
1. Turn the printer power off.
2. Power on the printer and watch for the memory count to begin.
3. Holds down the STOP button when you see the memory counts begin. Continue holding down the STOP button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
4. Press the SELECT (Checkmark) button and then the MENU Button.
5. Scroll down until you see “Clear All RFU Errors”.
6. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is the letter “C” in the word “Clear”.
7. Scroll down until you see “Set Runmode to Manual”.
8. Press the Select button once until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “R” in the word “Runmode”.
9. Scroll down until you see “Set RFU Error Off”.
10. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “S” in the word “Set”
11. Turn the printer off and power up the printer.
When I push no on stop button but on "V" button I see select langage, cold reset,... I can't obtain clear all RFU Errors.
Please help me.
I have contact HP helpdesk and they are no found a solution for me....!!
I went step by step using the procedure for clearing rfu errors and now my 4350n is working again.
First off let me say I know nothing about printer maintenance. When this problem occurred I called my brother who is suppose to be a printer guru with all these different certifications. He is also the one that suggested I get the 4350, since it was an oldie but goodie.
As most relatives do they spout off a few things but only are around when they want something from you.
My printer has sat for months unable to print, till today I stumbled upon this post.
I am very happy now and thank you for posting the reset procedure.
Oh my cure for fixing the problem was to order a formatter board. LOL I'll have a spare part now!
Salve a tutti ho risolto questo problema!,
ho passato molti giorni alla ricerca di un post in tutti i siti di assistenza che potesse risolvere questo problema ma senza successo poi grazie ad un'altra stampante dello stesso modello sono riuscito a copiare il file firmware originale che non troverete da nessuna parte e vi spiego la soluzione i pochi passaggi
La soluzione è semplice:
- Dovete smontare il formatter e staccare la compact flash memory che contiene il firmware corrotto
- tramite un lettore di compact flash formattate in file system (fat) la vostra Compact Flash memory da 32mb
- tramite il programma HDDGURU: HDD Raw Copy Tool copiate il file immagine del firmware
lo so vi chiederete e il file immagine firmware della mia stampante dovè??
penso di essere l'unico in possesso di questo file x la stampante HP ColorLaserject 5550/5550DN/5550DTN
se volete il file immagine potete contattarmi su [email protected]
Hello everyone I solved this problem!,
I spent many days searching for a post at all sites of care that could solve this problem without success then thanks to another printer of the same model are able to copy the original firmware file that you will not find anywhere and there i explain the few steps solution
The solution is simple:
- You have to remove the formatter and remove the compact flash memory that contains the corrupted firmware
- Through a reader compact flash formatted file system ( fat ) your Compact Flash memory from 32mb
- Through HDDGURU program : HDD Raw Copy Tool copy the image file of the firmware
I know you will ask , and the firmware image file of my printer is where??
I think I'm the only one in possession of this file for the HP ColorLaserject 5550 / 5550DN / 5550dtn
if you want the image file you can contact me on [email protected]