unknown

asked Jul 12, 2006 at 12:42pm
Epson Epson Stylus Photo RX425

epson rx425 problem

can anyone help me please

i have an epson rx425 and it has recently started to show an "E"

and all the lights are flashing

i have used the ssc utility but it does not seem to have done anything
hi,I've got exactly the same problem with my rx425,have you had any luck and if so how?I understand that its only a matter of holding certain buttons down to reset it but which ones??.Thanks in advance,Tony
by Anonymous on Sep 14, 2006 at 12:36pm Add comment
I've got exactly the same problem with my RX425.

Have you guys worked out the answer yet?

Cristian
by Anonymous on Sep 24, 2006 at 2:08am Add comment
Call epson and ask them to explain what is happening. Maybe, maybe they might be able to answer you. I hope you get someone that is in the United States and speaks great English.

Good luck!!
by dcycle on Sep 24, 2006 at 4:09am Add comment
Call epson and ask them to explain what is happening. Maybe, maybe they might be able to answer you. I hope you get someone that is in the United States and speaks great English.

Good luck!!
by dcycle on Sep 24, 2006 at 4:09am Add comment
Managed to contact Epson and yes, they suggested having the thing serviced! Personally I think it just needs to be reset.

Anyway, found a local Epson service centre and been quoted a minimum tenner to have a look and then it all depends on what they find wrong. If it's serious cash then I'm off to buy a Canon printer!
by Anonymous on Oct 4, 2006 at 1:32pm Add comment
Oh well,

I was hoping that someone would have a great way of overcoming this Epson problem. The "E" and flashing lights on the printer means that the Porous Pad needs replacing. I called Epson, and then some of their Express centres and was told by one that it was probably just the chip that needs resetting (apparently Epson's count how many pages have been printed and then decide that the porous ink pad is now saturated and needs replacing - the first centre I called said that probably just the chip needs resetting (UK £15)). The second one said that both the pad needs replacing AND the chip restting (UK £35).

So, does anyone know how to reset the page counting chip?????

schmoo
by schmoo on Nov 24, 2006 at 8:20am Add comment
Aha! Found the SSCSERVICE.exe facility, and after a reboot the printer is fine.

schmoo
by schmoo on Nov 24, 2006 at 9:55am Add comment
hi, can you tell me how to sort problem out please, be very grateful, regards liz - eliz,maynard
Hi Liz,

If you google for the SSCSERVICE.EXE file and install it on your PC it will let you reset the page counter to zero thereby bypassing the problem (though you will have to lie and say that you have replaced the pad!) However, always remember that this is only a quick fix as the porous pad will not actually have been changed - strange inky streaks on your printed pages mean that the porous pad will definitely need to be changed.

schmoo
by schmoo on Jun 25, 2007 at 9:58am Add comment
arkadaþlar bana yardým lütfen
by Anonymous on Sep 14, 2007 at 2:10pm Add comment
sende ne problem var kardeþ
by Anonymous on Sep 22, 2007 at 5:04pm Add comment
I am sorry I do not understand. I only speak English (and a little bit of French). What language is this?
by schmoo on Sep 23, 2007 at 4:14pm Add comment
Same prob, SSCSERVICE.exe facility didn't do anything which was a shame because I have had good service out of this machine and first class results. What a shame that the printer puts up a message about needing parts servicing without saying how, which bits, where to get them and how to fit them. As to a "LOCAL" service agent - Epson are surely joking - not heard of one in this neck of the woods in Cumbria yet. Why can we not get the necessary pads or whatever and change them ourselves? To pay almost half the original price of the printer (more if you include getting the damn thing to a service "agent") is nothing but a rip-off. The answer appears to be "throw it in the tip" and buy a new one. Such a pity because when Epsons work, they work well. So will ditch it unless anyone has any bright ideas!!!!
by unknown on Oct 13, 2007 at 11:45am Add comment
Hold buttons: On, Stop, Black, Color,load/eject: a message will come up press color again and it will tell you to restart your printer.

This fixes the problem, by reseting the printer counter. If your pages start streaking you will have to replace the ink pads or buy a new printer, which is what I will do. - Anonymous
The ink pads can be purchased from express group online at around £2 58 each plus vat

Hope this helps

Andy Russell - Anonymous
Only one problem with your answer, there is no load/eject button on a RX425, the buttons are ON/INK/Memory Card/Copy/Paper Type/Paper Size/Fit to Page/B&W/Colour/Stop.

Anymore ideas ?

by Anonymous on Nov 9, 2007 at 3:11am Add comment
try this it worked for me http://www.eserviceinfo.com
by elbistro on Dec 7, 2007 at 10:38am Add comment
Bingo!!! Told the program that everything had been replaced and presto all lights went out and we are printing again - unfortunately I had to lie to it and say that everything had been replaced (which of course it had not)!! Obviously this is temp fix - so where can I get the replacement pads/bits etc so that next time I can change them (then reply truthfully and sail off into the sunset??!!)
Many grateful thanks - Anonymous

Bingo!!! Told the program that everything had been replaced and presto all lights went out and we are printing again - unfortunately I had to lie to it and say that everything had been replaced (which of course it had not)!! Obviously this is temp fix - so where can I get the replacement pads/bits etc so that next time I can change them (then reply truthfully and sail off into the sunset??!!)
Many grateful thanks

This reply posted to anonymous by mistake -- Message meant for elbistro not anonymous!! - Anonymous
also worked for me :)
just one note, program does not work under vista, you will get a missin DLL error message when trying to update counter, works fine under XP - Anonymous
I LOVE YOU! - Anonymous
Service utility fixed my problem in a couple of clicks.....

Most excellent thanks...... - Anonymous
I have an Epsom R425 and have installed the software 3 or 4 times now. Alot of the text seems to be in either Italian or Spanish but i don't speak either. Is there an option to change languages any where in the software??
Because as it stands i'm "no comprendez"
by unknown on Dec 14, 2007 at 10:15am Add comment
same problem on my rx425, the service message comes up on screen when printing. can anyone give me a quick fix (there is no load/eject button) Thanks
by trentdriver on Jun 9, 2008 at 3:23am Add comment
hi there. iv'e got the same problem with my rx425(parts are at the end of their serviceable life), can anyone help with information (how to reset counter)
by trentdriver on Jun 22, 2008 at 8:30am Add comment
grateful to all who responded originally. SSCSERVICE.exe did work for me and printer has produced several hundred high quality glossy A4 prints since. Occasionally it says it does not recognise the (compatible ) cartridges that I use. I have found that the answer to this was to go through replacement procedure - but instead of replacing, lift 'unrecognised' cartidge out a fraction and slam it back home again. Am still printng, no ink all over desk either, no other probs. The new DX7450 I bought to replace the RX425 sits to one side awaiting the "great day" when I find I can no longer get the RX425 to work. Come on Epson - surely you can do better than this.
by unknown on Jun 22, 2008 at 9:16am Add comment
Neil, Have just tried everything on this thread with no sucess but slaming the cartridges in seems to have worked. Thanks
by unknown on Jun 23, 2008 at 8:47am Add comment
The questions have made me curious. I am in the process of selecting a new printer but would like to AVOID this hassle. DOes Canon also count pages and tell you to go to the nearest service center? In my old printer,(CX6400) I noticed two separate pads which look like foam. Are these the type of pads they want you to replace?
by Jeri on Mar 9, 2009 at 5:32pm Add comment
Hi - here in Spain I had endless problems with my print heads clogging/drying up in summer heat. When my E for Maintenance came up I dumped the Epson and went back to Hewlet Packard (HP) - a new scanner/printer cost less than the service would on the Epson. I like the HP printer & software, too.

My advice is stay clear of Epson. - Anonymous
unbelievable! i slammed the cartridge down as the user earlier advised, and hey pronto, you would never guess what worked. thanks guys
by Anonymous on Jul 22, 2009 at 6:58am Add comment
Hi- I have tried all of the above and nothing seems to work. When i turn on my printer the LED lights flash and a letter E is displayed. I have tried pressing on, ink, colour, black and stop when i turn on the printer and then pressing colour, but nothing works. I cannot get SSC to work?I have windows vista is this the problem? Is there anything else i can try?
by Anonymous on Apr 11, 2010 at 11:33am Add comment
In most cases, it's a waste ink pad full problem (the sponge that sucks wasted ink is full). But it probably isn't full yet (Epson claims it's full long before it really is!).

You'll have to download the service program for Epson printers (which gives you access to service functions of your printer):
http://www.eserviceinfo.com

Run the exe file (it doesn't work in Windows Vista or 7 - you'll need old xp for that). Then Select Sequential Adjustment Mode. Select your printer model and then Waste ink pad replacement. Press Ok.

You might have to try a bit.
After you suceed, you need to turn off the printer and turn it on again. If all went well, you won't be seeing all the blinking lights on your printer ;)
by unknown on May 11, 2010 at 6:29am Add comment
The first time this happened I had XP and the utility worked fine. I then fitted a baby bottle and silicon tube to the back of the printer so waste ink was discharged externally - it collects an unbelievable amount of ink during cleaning.
This time round I have Vista and the utility doesn't display properly and fails "cannot find dll".
However, I have experimented and found it works in Compatibility mode. if you highlight the extracted "APSPRX420Series_Ver12".exe" file and select "Properties" - then the "Compatibility" tab - the tick the "Run in compatibility mode" - then select "windows XP SP2" - the tick "256 colours" and tick "Run as Administrator" - then OK - when you then double click the .exe it works!!!!!
Had to return VISTA to High Colour mode manually but printer is now fine - just printed a photo - Lovely Jubbly!
by unknown on Dec 18, 2010 at 3:01am Add comment
Sorry - missed off some detail last post
The first time this happened I had XP and the utility worked fine. I then fitted a baby bottle and silicon tube to the back of the printer so waste ink was discharged externally - it collects an unbelievable amount of ink during cleaning.
This time round I have Vista and the utility doesn't display properly and fails "cannot find dll".
However, I have experimented and found it works in XP Compatibility mode. If you highlight the extracted "APSPRX420Series_Ver12".exe" file then right mouse click and select "Properties" - then select the "Compatibility" tab - then tick the "Run in compatibility mode" - then select "windows XP SP2" - then tick "256 colours" and then tick "Run as Administrator" - then OK - when you then double click the .exe it works!!!!!
Had to return VISTA to High Colour mode manually but printer is now fine - just printed a photo - Lovely Jubbly!
by unknown on Dec 18, 2010 at 3:10am Add comment
for windows 7. Use right click and compatibility mode. After install program, for rx425, choose printer model "epson stylus cx4600.....Rx42X". Reset protection counter and restart... All enjoy gays :)))
"http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html"... briefly do this :)...
by unknown on Oct 21, 2012 at 3:10am Add comment