DOUBLEDIGITDIVA

asked Jun 9, 2006 at 8:28am
Hp HP CopyJet Color

LEXMARK X4270 ERRO MESSAGE 1203

I HAVE HAD THIS MESSAGE NOW FOR 2 DAYS. I HAVE BEEN REFILLING MY CARTRIDGES NOW FOR APPROXIMATELY 2-3 WEEKS. RECENTLY I FOUND OUT THAT THE CARTRIDGES HAVE BEEN LEAKING AND I FEAR THAT SOME OF THE INK MIGHT HAVE LEAKED INTO HE PRINTER. MY QUESTION IS WHAT DO I DO BESIDES BUY A NEW ONE (FUNDS AREN'T AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW TO DO SO...NOT KNOWN IF IN THE FUTURE THAT THERE WILL BE ANY).
I WANT TO BUY NEW CARTRIDGES, COLOR LEXMARK (20), BLACK (70/71). HOWEVER, IF THE PRINTER ISNT WORKING THEN I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY TIME OR MONEY. I AM A HOMESCHOOLING MOM AND IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT I HAVE THIS PRINTER UP AND RUNNING.

ALSO I HAVE A HP INKJET 520 WHICH ISNT PRINTING AT ALL. IT PRINTS A TEST PAGE, BUT PRINTS NOTHING FROM THE COMPUTER.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive tried all of the above, after receiving the error message 1203, but nothing seems to clear the problem. This Lexmark X4270 has served me well. This is the second one I have had. I think I will put it to rest and purchase a new printer.
by unknown on Jun 28, 2011 at 11:53am Add comment
Does anyone know how to reinstall an encoder strip? Please help!
by mhowell1 on Jul 2, 2006 at 9:36pm Add comment
Sorry, but this error message essentially means that your printer is fried. I have the same error message. My suggestion is take it back to the store and buy an HP as lexmark has some significant poor quality issues. - Anonymous
Hey DOUBLEDIGITDIVA !!

Error 1203 is an issue that occurs either when a cartridge is bad or the printer cartridge Slot is bad... I would request you to try cleaning the copper contacts of the both carts and cart slot in the printer and try again..
If that doesnt work just call up their support number and check for replacement..

Note: Refilling carts may damage the contacts of the carts as well as the printer.
by macho_techie on Jul 3, 2006 at 3:28am Add comment
2 issues ..one.. ever since ive had this printer its said ALINGMENT PROBLEM ! ive tried every thing i know to fix but cant ......TWO..yesterday i got a message stating ....BLACK CARTRIDGE MISSING i aint im pressed with the 4270 or lexmark........thanks ///ive tried the wiping off the carrier rod /didnt help my above problems
by unknown on Jul 27, 2007 at 12:55pm Add comment
How do you unlock your lexmark X3470 scanner??
by unknown on Jul 28, 2007 at 12:18pm Add comment
How do you unlock your lexmark X3470 scanner??
by unknown on Jul 28, 2007 at 12:22pm Add comment
To unlock a scanner open it where you would put cartridges in and look for a red or green colored tab hanging down. There should be a little picture of a padlock. You can switch it from lock to unlock. It's kept locked to protect the scanner during shipping.

E - erosenkrans
nothing works
by Anonymous on Jan 26, 2008 at 4:31pm Add comment
Ref #1203 error I too had a 1203 error show up when I replaced
the black cartdridge - - when error shows up shut your printers power off wait one min turn it back on press copy and copy something mine works just fine now.
by unknown on Feb 1, 2008 at 1:38pm Add comment
I took out the color cart and selected black only when printing. Not perfect but at least I can print in black ink until I have the funds to buy another printer
by unknown on Nov 22, 2008 at 11:41am Add comment
1203 is result of the cartridge not making connection properly. I had a refilled black cart that gave me the 1203 error. Upon close examine, a corner of copper had been dogeared. This prevented the cartridge contacts from making connection with the printer contacts. I unfolded the bent over corner and pressed it flat again. This time when the cartridge was reinserted it worked fine.
by Anonymous on Dec 1, 2008 at 6:44pm Add comment
Thank you, I bought a cheap refill and after reading your message I was able to fix my problem by smoothing out the corners on the copper. - Anonymous
Thankyou very much . I'll check it out. I switched to an older epson 777 for now which works fine. I also bought a cannon lide scanner The lex printed great when it worked. I had to buy a flat scan tho.Thanks again Bob C . 1 DEC. 08
by Anonymous on Dec 1, 2008 at 8:16pm Add comment
I have just had new cartridges but I can print no page I may not understand that.
by unknown on Jan 12, 2010 at 11:31am Add comment
buy any printer but lexmark,poor quality ,the ink cartrige cost more than new printer
by unknown on Jul 31, 2010 at 3:26pm Add comment
i have the problem with code 1203 and do not know what to do.

thank you

cardridge is new.....
by donnys48 on Jan 13, 2011 at 11:14am Add comment
My Lexmark x4270 was work great until I purchased new cartridges and replaced the used one. It printed the aliegnment fine. I turned it off. The next day I tried to print and got the 1203 error. What do you think went wrong?
by unknown on May 3, 2013 at 7:01pm Add comment