Danny Young

asked Mar 3, 2005 at 7:51am
Hp HP DesignJet 4000

HP Laserjet 4000

I've been looking at this printer and it keeps showing all these different codes: 13.2, 13.5 and 41.5. What would happen is i would fix one error then the next one would show then fix that then the other code and so on and so on. The printer has new rollers, new fuser and a new paper feed assembly recently.

Can anyone help
Try this,

Remove the Feed/Sep roller from tray 2.
Take out the clutch.
Holding the outer cylinder, push down the clutch on a hard surface. The clutch top plate pops off. Remove the inner core. You will find the core is covered in iron filings. Remove half of the filings (they will be magetised, so its fun). Rebuild the clutch, put it back into the tray, fit the roller and try printing again.

Trev
by Trev Pearson on Mar 3, 2005 at 1:04pm Add comment
Thank you for that. Just to let you know i've also noticed that the paper seems to feed through at a angle thats not straight, would the clutch cause this problem?
by Danny Young on Mar 4, 2005 at 4:56am Add comment
Just take the clutch off the shaft and put the roller back on without it. Do a test and see if the same thing happens. That is only the separation roller so movement of it is not critical. If the paper goes thru ok the clutch is the issue, if not it could be a small obstruction in the paper path, a bad registration assembly or even a bad paper tray.
by dmzcompute on Mar 4, 2005 at 6:00am Add comment