unknown

asked Mar 12, 2003 at 1:26pm
Unknown Printer

magicolor

we have a minota(QMS) magicolor 2200
looking for repair infomation and parts
Everyone at QMS is a jerk. I've yet to get a decent answer about anything from their tech support.

Now, the info you need:

The fuses in the toner, drum, and oil roller are 5x20mm 80ma glass fuses, available at any electronics store, including radio shack.

The fuser and transfer belt use pico fuses. You do not, however, have to replace it to reset the timer. To reset it:

1. Remove the 2 screws and the plastic cover on the side of the fuser closest to the output bin.

2. Under that cover is a small circuit board, on which you'll see a small green component labled "F1". This is the pico fuse.

3. Short the pico fuse with a jumper (a paper clip works good for this)

4. Install the fuser in the printer and close the top cover until the display reads "idle"

5. Pull the fuser back out, remove the jumper, and reinstall the plastic cover.

6. Put the fuser back in the printer, and you're good for another 100,000 pages.

And no, this will not damage the printer. We have three magicolor printers, and I reset all of them with this method.

The transfer belt timer can be reset the same way. There is a plastic cover with two screws on the end next to the connector. Under it is small circuit board containing the pico fuse. Simply short the fuse, install the unit and wait till you get "idle", then remove the jumper.
by Derek on Jul 30, 2003 at 9:23pm Add comment
I tried "shorting" the fuse, but I guess i'm unclear on what "shorting" is. Do i wrap the paper clip around the metal part near the green part? I know, i sound like an idiot. - Anonymous
Derek

I wonder if you can help my magicolur 2200 has a registration problem accompanied by a grinding noise any ideas?

Regards

Mark - Anonymous
i tried it ,,,, were we supposed to do this with the old 'fuser oil roller' or with a new, or with fuser oil roller removed/installed
thanks
- wayne63
"Everyone at QMS is a jerk. I've yet to get a decent answer about anything from their tech support."?

They probably could be more helpful, but try to remember that their employer derives some of its revenue from service operations, and it would be wrong of them to damage that revenue stream.

How would you like it if you ran a company, and you found that one of your employees was doing things that took business away from you?
- Anonymous
Hellow Derek:
I have the problem " Replace Oil Roller" , This Problem Happened to mi after clean de white roller, before the machine was working Ok.
Please help me where can I found the fuse to fix this problem .
- Anonymous
i talked to the tech support people from the number on the printer and i got an answer easy, but my question was where i could get it repaired. the closest place is Erie (far away).

i have a problem, i think its just the door, it says door is open but its closed. - unknown
Hi!
I have a 2200 and I'm getting the Transfer belt error. I've purchased a replacement (used) belt, shorted the fuse, cut out the window, pulled out and thoroughly cleaned the sensor... No luck.

Anything else I can do other than chuck it in the trash?

Thanks!
Mark

by unknown on Jun 11, 2005 at 9:19am Add comment
Mark,

I've got the same problem. I've tried all the steps listed above and still receive the "service call 16 xfer belt rotate" error.

Have you found a solution?

Thanks,
Brian
- bodyalive
we have found the printer shuts down due to oil roller, drum etc
the must be a reset code or fuse to restart.
the is plenty of life left when we get the info.
the ink cartridges use a fuse to reset the counter but ?? for the others
thanks
by barry on Mar 17, 2003 at 9:10am Add comment
we have several of these printers which will not reset the oil roller counter even when the roller is replaced. the fuse has not blownin each of them.
does anyone know of this faulT???
by chris on Sep 24, 2003 at 7:56am Add comment
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem. - unknown
service call 16 xfer belt rotate" mean there is muck on the belt, on the side closest to the machine is a small hole cover n seethrou... and an optocouppler device, small black with two progs...

take these out and clean them.... the xfer belt can then find it's howm position and the error goes away
by Anonymous on Oct 24, 2005 at 6:03am Add comment
Hi, I have a 2200 that seems just fine, but when I try to print, it says "processing" then just sits doing nothing.
Any help greatly appreciated
H
by unknown on Oct 25, 2006 at 8:31am Add comment
I recently upgraded main computer to Window 7 and there are no compatible Drivers so I installed the printer on a networked laptop but the colors are not correct. Any suggestions?
by Kelly57 on Dec 10, 2009 at 7:56pm Add comment
what do you need to know about the magicolor 2200?
by unknown on Mar 17, 2003 at 7:08am Add comment
The MC 2200 has a couple of consumables fused, toner cartridges, drum unit, transfer belt, oil roller and fuser unit.

The toners and the oil roller and the drum unit have a glass fuse wich you can replace all the oters have a Pica fuse.

by unknown on Mar 19, 2003 at 2:41am Add comment
Mgms
thanks for the info
can you tell us where the Pica fuse is and where to buy replacments
thanks
by barry on Mar 19, 2003 at 8:38am Add comment
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. not realy as that is information that is not for public use.

I work for minolta-qms I will try to help every body as good as I can
by unknown on Mar 20, 2003 at 3:20am Add comment
Hi, I have my first 2200 service call. with a grinding or buzzing noise coming from the paper feed side. When you print multiple pages the first one prints then second starts the noise. After 20 seconds or so. it will spit the paper out but with tread marks on reverse side. - JWB
My printer shows message "Service call 14; xfer roller"
Is there a "workaround" to reset this error without changing the transferroller?
Is it possible to buy this sparepart in another store than Q-Shop, I think it is pn°4120-0356-05 or 171-0478-001?

Thanks
Ivan - Anonymous
Why are QMS staff so unhelpful?!

Get your fuses from RS components (best bet) or CPC barry

part number for toner/drum/cleaning roller fuses from RS is 416-174 from RS

;)
by unknown on Jul 17, 2003 at 4:22am Add comment
usualy this is caused by the lower cover (underneath the mp feeder) not being closed properly.
by future.child on Jan 6, 2005 at 10:13pm Add comment
Lower cover was the problem for ma. Thanks. - Anonymous
I have two problems with my magicolor 2200

1. the replace opc drum message will not go off. This is not that important to me because the machine still prints.

2. However, it prints with vertical black streaks. This is important because I can't use the prints. I have noticed that the streaking has gotten worse over time and the streaks thicken if I am printing in color mode.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.
by iamme on Jun 25, 2005 at 10:21am Add comment
I have a majicolor 2200 in the workshop and it seems to have a registration problem.

When a print is produced the paper reaches the transfer area and stalls making a rubbing sort of noise. when the transfer roller is engauged the feed then continues but the output is smudged and about a 1/3 of the way down the page from where it should be.

I am not a Minolta trained engineer and don't have any manuals which does not help much, so if any one has any ideas I would be gratefull.

by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2005 at 4:36am Add comment
i have the same problem as you have, if you find a solution could you please let me know.

Thankyou - Anonymous
I have this same problem did you ever find a fix for it.

Reagards

Mark - Anonymous
If I print a test page bfrom the menu, its perfect, but when I print from my desktop, all gaphica and text boxes have a yellow box behind them, can anyone help

thanks
by unknown on Mar 29, 2006 at 3:46am Add comment
try using yellow paper then you wont see the box?? lol
by Andy C on Mar 29, 2006 at 5:56am Add comment
I have a magicolor 2200 desklaser. It will print out a test sheet when you press the button on the machine but when you try to send a job to the printer from the computer, it says "load paper in any tray" or "load paper in MP tray" There is paper in the tray and I have tried feeding paper in the other tray but it doesn't recognize that there is paper there.
Is this something I can fix myself?
Thanks.
by unknown on May 12, 2006 at 6:49am Add comment
Make sure the size of the paper you are asking for matches the size of the paper in the tray and the printer is set for that size paper.
by dmzcompute on Oct 20, 2006 at 5:14am Add comment
One of my customers has a Magicolor printer, when you cnange paper sizes in the tray the fingers that indicate the current size don't always move to the proper positions.

I got frustrated and moved the guides back and forth rapidly which freed things up, at least right then.

Afterwards I got out my Sharpie marker and marked where the size tabs were supposed to be for the most common setting they use, that at least gave me a reference for the next time, and since then they seem to be figuring out their paper size problems without my help, .
by Stephen on Oct 20, 2006 at 5:41am Add comment
this printer give error message c1020- please help me
by mathan on Oct 30, 2006 at 12:44pm Add comment
Hi,
It would be great if someone could advise me on a problem I am have on my 2200.

The paper keeps on Jamming to a point where I can no longer use the printer. Some of the messages change to "paper mis-match" or "please put paper into mpt bin".

Heeelllllppppp.....
by CDG on Nov 8, 2006 at 3:06am Add comment
I get the error message "Sevice Call 1F Fuser Low Therm" when I turn on my 2200 and unit will not go into ONLINE mode.

Any suggestions, please
by capebretonmac on Dec 29, 2006 at 4:53pm Add comment
I just found the solution to my problem.....There are two small thermstats that control the electricity flow to the fuser lamps. One of those would not close, therefore defective.
The thermostat is called a " Snap action Disc Thermostat ", and it is a "normally closed" device. That is, it will allow the electricity to flow until it reaches around 150 degrees then the device opens, or shuts off the electricity. Once it cools down a to about 130 degrees,it closes again causing the fuser lamp to come on again. This repeats as long as you are printing.

The one I bought, and that works in the printer, is made by "Stancor" and it is model # STO-150.

I purchased the unit for $9.53 Cdn from a company in Halifax (actually Dartmouth, a city within a city, where I live) named

JENTRONICS LIMITED
15 Weston Court Dartmouth,
N.S. Canada
B3B 2C8
(902) 468-7987

However, you should be able to buy, or order to purchase, at any electronic shop in your area.

Here is a link to the device:
http://www.rs-components.com.au/1/index1588.html

I did find the device was not an exact match as the mounting holes did not line up perfectly but that was easily fixed with a dremel tool and a small reeming bit. There was also another small collar that I had to cut off with a pair of snips. Both jobs together took less than ten minutes. If you bring in the part when you order it, the supplier may be able to source out the exact mounting spec's.....I knew I could modify this one, and the girl working at the counter was new......
- capebretonmac
Yes, buy a new color laser printer. It's cheaper. Here are some starting at $199. http://www.tigerdirect.com
by moe on Dec 29, 2006 at 5:11pm Add comment
This worked! Saved me a bundle (time and $) on a service call. Thx so much.
by Anonymous on Feb 20, 2007 at 1:33pm Add comment

CLINA CS-7

Specification wako-clinac

clinac CS-7

Electrical Rating CS-7: AC 125/250V 15/7.5A resistive load

Operating Temperature CS-7: -20°C ~ 150°C

Differential Minimum 10°C, Normally 15°C~25°C model CS-7
Tolerance More than ±3°C (±5°C standard)
Dielectric Strength AC1,500V for 1 minute
Insulation Resistance More than 100MOhm (at DC 500V)
Contact Resistance Less than 50mOhm
Heat Resistance 150°C

Clinac" brand
Clinac" is the brand name of Wako Electronics Co., Ltd. "Clinac" thermostat
operates quick action with very high reliability by using disk type bimetal.

Wako Electronics - USA
3600 Chamberlain Lane
Louisville, KY 40241 USA
Phone: 502-429-8866
Fax: 502-429-8869
http://wako-usa.com/prodatht.htm
by Anonymous on Mar 7, 2007 at 5:07pm Add comment
Derek's fix for the transfer belt and the fuser unit works like a charm! Just bend a paper clip into a U shape to jump the fuse.
Thanks dude. You rock!!!
by Anonymous on Apr 7, 2007 at 9:25am Add comment
I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my problem. I previously posted-
I have a magicolor 2200 desklaser. It will print out a test sheet when you press the button on the machine but when you try to send a job to the printer from the computer, it says "load paper in any tray" or "load paper in MP tray" There is paper in the tray and I have tried feeding paper in the other tray but it doesn't recognize that there is paper there.
My husband wants to get rid of the printer but I would love to be able to use it again. The test page prints so beatifully and we probably only made a 2000-3000 prints. The toner cartridges never even ran out.
Thanks for any advice.
by unknown on Apr 9, 2007 at 9:59am Add comment
Sue, did you ever figure this problem out? I didn't see a response to your problem on this site. I am getting the same message. Please let me know if you can help.

Thank you,
Mike - Anonymous
Where are you seeing this message? Is it on the computer screen or on the printer display? If it's on the computer screen and it's printing the test page, then there isn't anything wrong with the printer. What you have is a failure to communicate. Something between the computer output and the printer. Could be a corrupt printer driver or possibly a loose or bad cable. Easiest and cheapest thing to try is delete and reinstall the printer driver.
by moe on Apr 9, 2007 at 10:20am Add comment
Thanks for the quick reply. It's on the printer display itself. I have tried reinstalling the printer driver with the CD which came with the printer and also tried downloading a new one. I have not tried replacing the cable.
by moongirl2421 on Apr 9, 2007 at 10:29am Add comment
I said if it's on the computer screen it would be a bad driver. What I suspect is happening is that somehow you are telling it to print on a different size paper than is installed in the printer. The fact that it prints the test page without giving a load paper message indicates that the printer does see the paper in the printer. For instance, the paper in the printer is letter and you tell it to print on legal. The printer sees the letter size and prompts you to load legal size in the tray.
by moe on Apr 9, 2007 at 11:18am Add comment
Anybody have a fix for this one yet??
Glass fuse is intact.
Replaced Fuser..
Replaced Oil Roller...
Replaced Connector Mainboard..
I even tried the jumper on the fuser thing just for fun..

Help??

by unknown on Apr 21, 2007 at 8:23am Add comment

Anybody fixed this problem yet.. No matter what I do this error is there.. Even if I pull the fuser then start the printer it says Replace Oil Roller...aaaagggghhhh!!!! - unknown
I found that I had to do all 3 (glass fuse and 2 pico fuses)the same way.

as the page that helped me said.........

The fuser and transfer belt use pico fuses. You do not, however, have to replace it to reset the timer. To reset it:

1. Remove the 2 screws and the plastic cover on the side of the fuser closest to the output bin.

2. Under that cover is a small circuit board, on which you'll see a small green component labled "F1". This is the pico fuse.

4. Install the fuser in the printer and close the top cover until the display reads "idle"

6. Put the fuser back in the printer, and you're good for another 100,000 pages.

And no, this will not damage the printer. We have three magicolor printers, and I reset all of them with this method.
by wayne63 on Apr 22, 2007 at 10:57pm Add comment
Yeps i went through the same thing ,,, do all 4 pici, at the same time.
by unknown on Apr 23, 2007 at 7:11pm Add comment
what is the 4th pici:

1. Oil Roller - glass
2. Fuser - pica
3. Tranx Roller - pica
4.???
by unknown on Apr 24, 2007 at 7:48am Add comment
1. Oil Roller - glass
2. Fuser - pica
3. Tranx Roller - pica
4.???
5. Profit - Anonymous
Okay..We finally cleared this message by Replacing the glass fuses in all 4 cartridges, and the oil roller, we also jumpered the fuser and THEN we powered on the machine..It fired up and printed out a beautifully crumpled page, great now what??

by unknown on May 2, 2007 at 7:33am Add comment
I had that problem too,,, i used some 60pound cardstock from the manual(right) tray after i did a thorough check that there were no paper pieces (paper clips or other dustbunnies) between the rollers,,,

*** not the bottom tray****
by unknown on May 2, 2007 at 8:23am Add comment
where exactly is this "thermostat" i have and old 2200 that i would like to take the part out of to replace with only i don't know where it is and i can't find it, help... please.

thanks N8
by nats00m on May 25, 2007 at 6:26am Add comment
from above:

The MC 2200 has a couple of consumables fused, toner cartridges, drum unit, transfer belt, oil roller and fuser unit.

The toners and the oil roller and the drum unit have a glass fuse wich you can replace all the oters have a Pica fuse.

I have not yet replaced the thermostat, but will do so, it will no longer 'fuse' toner to cardstock reliably, so am only using it for 20pound papers. I like the refillability conveinance of the toners,
unscrew the cap,pull the plug,pour in toner. so simple..
by Anonymous on May 25, 2007 at 7:44am Add comment
Do you have any solution for the error on the display "replace oil roller" even if i replaced it displays the same.
what I have going to do?
by unknown on Aug 30, 2007 at 11:17pm Add comment
I not the expert here,, but seems to be just the process of jumping/replacing the fuses,, in the correct order.. jump them start up then shut down remove jumper needs to 'blow the fuse' to make it work
by Anonymous on Aug 31, 2007 at 4:43am Add comment
Somebody know how to over-ride, bypass and/or resett the toner cartridge chips on the Konica/Minolta Majicolor 2400W?
Thanks Ahead for any and all Info. Jimmy da GEEK
by Jimmy da Geek on Sep 3, 2007 at 7:19am Add comment
Somebody know how to over-ride, bypass and/or resett the toner cartridge chips on the Konica/Minolta Majicolor 2400W?
Thanks Ahead for any and all Info.
by Jimmy da Geek on Sep 4, 2007 at 7:38am Add comment
jimmy ,,, can you read the past posts??? its all there.
by Anonymous on Sep 5, 2007 at 10:26am Add comment
Where? what post? I don't see any posts for the Majicolor 2400W.
show me Please.. - Jimmy da Geek
So Anonymous, I read all the posts on the Majicolor printers, but I don't see anything pertaining to the 2400W concerning my questions, maybe I missed it, if you could direct to some info. on this I would sure appreciate it. Thanks, JdG - Jimmy da Geek
magicolor by BARRY (3/12/03 1:26 PM) reply + / -
we have a minota(QMS) magicolor 2200
looking for repair infomation and parts

Re: magicolor by SHARK (3/17/03 7:08 AM) reply + / -
what do you need to know about the magicolor 2200?

Re: magicolor by barry (3/17/03 9:10 AM) reply + / -
we have found the printer shuts down due to oil roller, drum etc
the must be a reset code or fuse to restart.
the is plenty of life left when we get the info.
the ink cartridges use a fuse to reset the counter but ?? for the others
thanks

Re: magicolor by Mqms (3/19/03 2:41 AM) reply + / -

Re: magicolor by barry (3/19/03 8:38 AM) reply + / -
Mgms
thanks for the info
can you tell us where the Pica fuse is and where to buy replacments
thanks

Re: magicolor by Mqms (3/20/03 3:20 AM) reply + / -
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. not realy as that is information that is not for public use.

I work for minolta-qms I will try to help every body as good as I can

Re: magicolor by matt (7/17/03 4:22 AM) reply + / -
Why are QMS staff so unhelpful?!

Get your fuses from RS components (best bet) or CPC barry

part number for toner/drum/cleaning roller fuses from RS is 416-174 from RS

;)

Re: magicolor by Derek (7/30/03 9:23 PM) reply +2 + / -
Everyone at QMS is a jerk. I've yet to get a decent answer about anything from their tech support.

Now, the info you need:

The fuses in the toner, drum, and oil roller are 5x20mm 80ma glass fuses, available at any electronics store, including radio shack.

The transfer belt timer can be reset the same way. There is a plastic cover with two screws on the end next to the connector. Under it is small circuit board containing the pico fuse. Simply short the fuse, install the unit and wait till you get "idle", then remove the jumper.

Re: magicolor by chris (9/24/03 7:56 AM) reply +1 + / -
we have several of these printers which will not reset the oil roller counter even when the roller is replaced. the fuse has not blownin each of them.
does anyone know of this faulT???

Re: magicolor oil roller counter refuses to reset by Peter Holloway (1/6/05 7:57 AM) reply + / -
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem.

Re: magicolor by future.child (1/6/05 10:13 PM) reply + / -
usualy this is caused by the lower cover (underneath the mp feeder) not being closed properly.

Re: magicolor by Nochance98 (6/11/05 9:19 AM) reply +1 + / -
Hi!
I have a 2200 and I'm getting the Transfer belt error. I've purchased a replacement (used) belt, shorted the fuse, cut out the window, pulled out and thoroughly cleaned the sensor... No luck.

Anything else I can do other than chuck it in the trash?

Thanks!
Mark

Re: Re: magicolor by bodyalive (6/13/05 10:02 AM) reply + / -
Mark,

I've got the same problem. I've tried all the steps listed above and still receive the "service call 16 xfer belt rotate" error.

Have you found a solution?

Thanks,
Brian

Magicolor 2200 by iamme (6/25/05 10:21 AM) reply + / -
I have two problems with my magicolor 2200

1. the replace opc drum message will not go off. This is not that important to me because the machine still prints.

2. However, it prints with vertical black streaks. This is important because I can't use the prints. I have noticed that the streaking has gotten worse over time and the streaks thicken if I am printing in color mode.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Re: Re: magicolor by Anonymous (9/22/05 3:43 PM) reply +3 + / -
I tried "shorting" the fuse, but I guess i'm unclear on what "shorting" is. Do i wrap the paper clip around the metal part near the green part? I know, i sound like an idiot.

Re: magicolor 2200 feed by Anonymous (10/7/05 4:36 AM) reply + / -
I have a majicolor 2200 in the workshop and it seems to have a registration problem.

When a print is produced the paper reaches the transfer area and stalls making a rubbing sort of noise. when the transfer roller is engauged the feed then continues but the output is smudged and about a 1/3 of the way down the page from where it should be.

I am not a Minolta trained engineer and don't have any manuals which does not help much, so if any one has any ideas I would be gratefull.

Re: Re: Re: magicolor by Anonymous (10/24/05 6:03 AM) reply +1 + / -
service call 16 xfer belt rotate" mean there is muck on the belt, on the side closest to the machine is a small hole cover n seethrou... and an optocouppler device, small black with two progs...

take these out and clean them.... the xfer belt can then find it's howm position and the error goes away

Re: Re: magicolor 2200 feed by Anonymous (11/12/05 3:32 AM) reply + / -
i have the same problem as you have, if you find a solution could you please let me know.

Thankyou

Re: Re: magicolor by JWB (1/24/06 11:51 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I have my first 2200 service call. with a grinding or buzzing noise coming from the paper feed side. When you print multiple pages the first one prints then second starts the noise. After 20 seconds or so. it will spit the paper out but with tread marks on reverse side.

Re: magicolor by Pat Pearl (3/29/06 3:46 AM) reply + / -
If I print a test page bfrom the menu, its perfect, but when I print from my desktop, all gaphica and text boxes have a yellow box behind them, can anyone help

thanks

Re: magicolor by Andy C (3/29/06 5:56 AM) reply + / -
try using yellow paper then you wont see the box?? lol

Re: magicolor by Sue P (5/12/06 6:49 AM) reply + / -
Is this something I can fix myself?
Thanks.

Re: Re: magicolor 2200 feed by Anonymous (7/23/06 11:41 PM) reply + / -
I have this same problem did you ever find a fix for it.

Reagards

Mark

Re: Re: magicolor by Anonymous (7/23/06 11:43 PM) reply + / -
Derek

I wonder if you can help my magicolur 2200 has a registration problem accompanied by a grinding noise any ideas?

Regards

Mark

Re: Re: magicolor by wayne63 (9/30/06 11:43 AM) reply + / -
i tried it ,,,, were we supposed to do this with the old 'fuser oil roller' or with a new, or with fuser oil roller removed/installed
thanks

Re: Re: magicolor by Anonymous (10/20/06 3:25 AM) reply + / -
"Everyone at QMS is a jerk. I've yet to get a decent answer about anything from their tech support."?

They probably could be more helpful, but try to remember that their employer derives some of its revenue from service operations, and it would be wrong of them to damage that revenue stream.

How would you like it if you ran a company, and you found that one of your employees was doing things that took business away from you?

Re: magicolor by dmzcompute (10/20/06 5:14 AM) reply + / -
Make sure the size of the paper you are asking for matches the size of the paper in the tray and the printer is set for that size paper.

Re: magicolor by Stephen (10/20/06 5:41 AM) reply + / -
One of my customers has a Magicolor printer, when you cnange paper sizes in the tray the fingers that indicate the current size don't always move to the proper positions.

I got frustrated and moved the guides back and forth rapidly which freed things up, at least right then.

Afterwards I got out my Sharpie marker and marked where the size tabs were supposed to be for the most common setting they use, that at least gave me a reference for the next time, and since then they seem to be figuring out their paper size problems without my help, .

Re: magicolor by The Boss (10/25/06 8:31 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I have a 2200 that seems just fine, but when I try to print, it says "processing" then just sits doing nothing.
Any help greatly appreciated
H

epson aculaser 2000 by mathan (10/30/06 12:44 PM) reply + / -
this printer give error message c1020- please help me

Re: magicolor by CDG (11/8/06 3:06 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
It would be great if someone could advise me on a problem I am have on my 2200.

The paper keeps on Jamming to a point where I can no longer use the printer. Some of the messages change to "paper mis-match" or "please put paper into mpt bin".

Heeelllllppppp.....

Re: magicolor 2200 Sevice Call 1F Fuser Low Therm by capebretonmac (12/29/06 4:53 PM) reply + / -
I get the error message "Sevice Call 1F Fuser Low Therm" when I turn on my 2200 and unit will not go into ONLINE mode.

Any suggestions, please

Re: magicolor by moe (12/29/06 5:11 PM) reply + / -
Yes, buy a new color laser printer. It's cheaper. Here are some starting at $199. http://www.tigerdirect.com

Re: Re: magicolor 2200 Sevice Call 1F Fuser Low Therm by capebretonmac (2/6/07 7:15 PM) reply + / -
I just found the solution to my problem.....There are two small thermstats that control the electricity flow to the fuser lamps. One of those would not close, therefore defective.
The thermostat is called a " Snap action Disc Thermostat ", and it is a "normally closed" device. That is, it will allow the electricity to flow until it reaches around 150 degrees then the device opens, or shuts off the electricity. Once it cools down a to about 130 degrees,it closes again causing the fuser lamp to come on again. This repeats as long as you are printing.

The one I bought, and that works in the printer, is made by "Stancor" and it is model # STO-150.

I purchased the unit for $9.53 Cdn from a company in Halifax (actually Dartmouth, a city within a city, where I live) named

JENTRONICS LIMITED
15 Weston Court Dartmouth,
N.S. Canada
B3B 2C8
(902) 468-7987

However, you should be able to buy, or order to purchase, at any electronic shop in your area.

Here is a link to the device:
http://www.rs-components.com.au/1/index1588.html

I did find the device was not an exact match as the mounting holes did not line up perfectly but that was easily fixed with a dremel tool and a small reeming bit. There was also another small collar that I had to cut off with a pair of snips. Both jobs together took less than ten minutes. If you bring in the part when you order it, the supplier may be able to source out the exact mounting spec's.....I knew I could modify this one, and the girl working at the counter was new......

Re: Re: Re: Re: magicolor by Anonymous (2/20/07 1:33 PM) reply + / -
This worked! Saved me a bundle (time and $) on a service call. Thx so much.

Re: Re: Re: magicolor 2200 Sevice Call 1F Fuser Low Therm by Anonymous (3/7/07 5:07 PM) reply + / -

CLINA CS-7

Specification wako-clinac

clinac CS-7

Electrical Rating CS-7: AC 125/250V 15/7.5A resistive load

Operating Temperature CS-7: -20°C ~ 150°C

Differential Minimum 10°C, Normally 15°C~25°C model CS-7
Tolerance More than ±3°C (±5°C standard)
Dielectric Strength AC1,500V for 1 minute
Insulation Resistance More than 100MOhm (at DC 500V)
Contact Resistance Less than 50mOhm
Heat Resistance 150°C

Clinac" brand
Clinac" is the brand name of Wako Electronics Co., Ltd. "Clinac" thermostat
operates quick action with very high reliability by using disk type bimetal.

Wako Electronics - USA
3600 Chamberlain Lane
Louisville, KY 40241 USA
Phone: 502-429-8866
Fax: 502-429-8869
http://wako-usa.com/prodatht.htm

Re: magicolor by Anonymous (4/7/07 9:25 AM) reply + / -
Derek's fix for the transfer belt and the fuser unit works like a charm! Just bend a paper clip into a U shape to jump the fuse.
Thanks dude. You rock!!!

Re: magicolor 2200 won't print by Sue P (4/9/07 9:59 AM) reply + / -
I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my problem. I previously posted-
My husband wants to get rid of the printer but I would love to be able to use it again. The test page prints so beatifully and we probably only made a 2000-3000 prints. The toner cartridges never even ran out.
Thanks for any advice.

Re: magicolor by moe (4/9/07 10:20 AM) reply + / -
Where are you seeing this message? Is it on the computer screen or on the printer display? If it's on the computer screen and it's printing the test page, then there isn't anything wrong with the printer. What you have is a failure to communicate. Something between the computer output and the printer. Could be a corrupt printer driver or possibly a loose or bad cable. Easiest and cheapest thing to try is delete and reinstall the printer driver.

Re: magicolor by moongirl2421 (4/9/07 10:29 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the quick reply. It's on the printer display itself. I have tried reinstalling the printer driver with the CD which came with the printer and also tried downloading a new one. I have not tried replacing the cable.

Re: magicolor by moe (4/9/07 11:18 AM) reply + / -
I said if it's on the computer screen it would be a bad driver. What I suspect is happening is that somehow you are telling it to print on a different size paper than is installed in the printer. The fact that it prints the test page without giving a load paper message indicates that the printer does see the paper in the printer. For instance, the paper in the printer is letter and you tell it to print on legal. The printer sees the letter size and prompts you to load legal size in the tray.

Replace Oil Roller by masfocus (4/21/07 8:23 AM) reply + / -
Anybody have a fix for this one yet??
Glass fuse is intact.
Replaced Fuser..
Replaced Oil Roller...
Replaced Connector Mainboard..
I even tried the jumper on the fuser thing just for fun..

Help??

Re: magicolor by wayne63 (4/22/07 10:57 PM) reply + / -
I found that I had to do all 3 (glass fuse and 2 pico fuses)the same way.

as the page that helped me said.........

Re: Replace Oil Roller by masfocus (4/23/07 6:21 PM) reply + / -

Anybody fixed this problem yet.. No matter what I do this error is there.. Even if I pull the fuser then start the printer it says Replace Oil Roller...aaaagggghhhh!!!!

Re: magicolor by fuzzy60 (4/23/07 7:11 PM) reply + / -
Yeps i went through the same thing ,,, do all 4 pici, at the same time.

Re: Replace Oil Roller by masfocus (4/24/07 7:48 AM) reply + / -
what is the 4th pici:

1. Oil Roller - glass
2. Fuser - pica
3. Tranx Roller - pica
4.???

Re: Replace Oil Roller by masfocus (5/2/07 7:33 AM) reply + / -
Okay..We finally cleared this message by Replacing the glass fuses in all 4 cartridges, and the oil roller, we also jumpered the fuser and THEN we powered on the machine..It fired up and printed out a beautifully crumpled page, great now what??

Re: magicolor by fuzzy60 (5/2/07 8:23 AM) reply + / -
I had that problem too,,, i used some 60pound cardstock from the manual(right) tray after i did a thorough check that there were no paper pieces (paper clips or other dustbunnies) between the rollers,,,

*** not the bottom tray****

Re: Re: Re: magicolor 2200 Sevice Call 1F Fuser L by nats00m (5/25/07 6:26 AM) reply + / -
where exactly is this "thermostat" i have and old 2200 that i would like to take the part out of to replace with only i don't know where it is and i can't find it, help... please.

thanks N8

Re: magicolor by Anonymous (5/25/07 7:44 AM) reply + / -
from above:

I have not yet replaced the thermostat, but will do so, it will no longer 'fuse' toner to cardstock reliably, so am only using it for 20pound papers. I like the refillability conveinance of the toners,
unscrew the cap,pull the plug,pour in toner. so simple..

Re: magicolor 2200desklaser by girma (8/30/07 11:17 PM) reply + / -
Do you have any solution for the error on the display "replace oil roller" even if i replaced it displays the same.
what I have going to do?

Re: magicolor by Anonymous (8/31/07 4:43 AM) reply + / -
I not the expert here,, but seems to be just the process of jumping/replacing the fuses,, in the correct order.. jump them start up then shut down remove jumper needs to 'blow the fuse' to make it work

Re: magicolor by Jimmy da Geek (9/3/07 7:19 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Ahead for any and all Info. Jimmy da GEEK

Re: magicolor 2400W by Jimmy da Geek (9/4/07 7:38 AM) reply + / -
Thanks Ahead for any and all Info.

Re: magicolor by Anonymous (9/5/07 10:26 AM) reply + / -
jimmy ,,, can you read the past posts??? its all there.

Re: Re: magicolor by Jimmy da Geek (9/5/07 10:39 AM) reply + / -
Where? what post? I don't see any posts for the Majicolor 2400W.
show me Please..

Post to this thread:
by Anonymous on Sep 5, 2007 at 6:15pm Add comment
Hallo Minolta 2200 Users!

It is allready posted on other Printerpages , but its useful to have it here also. :-)
IF the Minolta starts to print about 10 cm to late + a color- stripe at the beginning -> its "only " the solenoid.
The Home position has a damper made of black rubber.
Every sheet going trough the printer the solenoid pushes against the rubber
( only 2*3 mm )So the rubber gets thinner and thinner.....
The way to stop the clutch longer and longer, so the timing is bad. Remove the backside + Powersupply + replace the rubber with new selfmade one and ist ok again.
by alterSchrauber on Sep 10, 2007 at 12:18pm Add comment
5-7 Call for Service 14 XFER ROLLER (Transfer roller error)
Detection of image transfer roller pressure release position is performed during the pressure and release operations
before and after paper image transfer.
An image transfer roller operation error is detected when there is no change in the output of the image transfer roller
pressure sensor (PC7) after the specified time has passed since the image transfer roller pressure solenoid (SL7) was set
to on.
Image transfer roller operation error detection
No. Check Result Corrective action
1. Is the AIDC sensor dirty? Yes Operate unit release lever A (center) and
clean the AIDC sensor.
2. Does the image transfer belt rotate during printing?
(Open the front cover and check.)
Yes Replace the image transfer belt unit.
Replace the OPC drum.
Others Ensure the connection of the connector for
the high voltage unit is secure.
Replace HV1 (high voltage circuit board).
Replace PWB-A.
No. Check Result Corrective action
1. Does the image transfer roller pressure solenoid
one-way clutch have a hook? Check for wear.
No Replace the one-way clutch.
2. Remove the multipurpose tray cover and check
whether or not the image transfer roller pressure
sensor light breaker plate rotates.
No Replace the image transfer roller pressure
solenoid.
Yes Replace the image transfer roller pressure
sensor.
Others Replace PWB-A
by Anonymous on Sep 20, 2007 at 10:39am Add comment
I get end of life messages for the cartidges I have refilled myself. How do I make the printer ignore the message and continue? I cancels all print jobs at the moment.

Thanks
by unknown on Oct 1, 2007 at 3:41pm Add comment
My Magicolor 2200 won't print more than one page per run. A single page prints fine, but if you try to print 2 copies the first gets three-quarters of the way out of the printer and then the whole operation stops, and you get the message MEDIA JAM TRANSFER. The second sheet has stopped with its leading edge just below the slot that leads into the fuser unit section. I've cleaned every sensor in sight and replaced the pads on the SL4 and SL5 solenoids.

Any ideas will be very greatly appreciated.
Jonathan
by Jonathan Copus on Nov 19, 2007 at 9:05am Add comment
Many thanks for your response, but in the end I gave up and summoned an engineer - who also failed to fix it so didn't charge. Then I noticed an excessive amount of spilled magenta toner; and the trouble turned out to be a leaky toner cartridge which was scattering toner over various sensors and preventing them from seeing the passage of the paper. Replaced the cartridge, cleaned the whole machine, and it now prints beautifully.

Just one word of warning, though, to anyone cleaning large amounts of spilled toner with a vacuum cleaner: it's worth removing the controller board first (observing anti-static precautions). I didn't, and the static generated by sucking up the toner has obviously blown something on the board because the machine won't now connect to the network. However, it will print from a PC's parallel port, so I'm a happy fella.

Thanks again for your help.

Jonathan
by Jonathan Copus on Dec 20, 2007 at 4:43am Add comment
I m also interesstet to know how to override and cant find the ansering posts, can u pls make a link or even a email.

Greets rhanie.
by Anonymous on Jan 16, 2008 at 7:21pm Add comment
I found that by going into the setup menus for the printer there were selections I could disable that allowed me to keep printing. Mainly I think I just turned off all the warnings for all the toner cartridges and all replacement notifications. The lights still remain ON on the printer showing that there is no toner but you can print until the toner actually runs out.

Kim
by Anonymous on Jan 16, 2008 at 8:03pm Add comment
can the drum be reset on the magicolor 7300?

thanks so much
rob

[email protected]
by rob lowe on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:22pm Add comment
can the drum be reset on the magicolor 7300?

thanks so much
rob

[email protected]
by rob lowe on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:26pm Add comment
Printer prints test from Menu but it wont print from computer, I have tried anew cable and driver.. Can u email other tips??
by ftolosana on Mar 17, 2008 at 10:33am Add comment
No, I was never able to get the printer to work but I still have it and would like to try again if someone knows how to fix it.
Thanks.
by unknown on Apr 7, 2008 at 8:41am Add comment
Magicolor 2200 desklaser error aidc error how do i fix this?
hope someone knows.
Thanks Mikega
by unknown on May 29, 2008 at 7:26am Add comment
I have the same problem. My printer went through a phase where this error caused the printer not to be able to print at all for about 2 months. Just for kicks, I decided to turn it on again (after it sat off for about 2 weeks) and somehow it started working again. Not sure what happened but it worked for about a month without the error and today, the error came back and I'm back to square one without a working printer.

I hope someone has encountered this error before too.

- Anonymous
Caused by dirty AIDC sensor on the bottom of the transfer belt assy. You can just clean it.
by moe on Jun 11, 2008 at 9:26am Add comment
Hate to seem so ignorant, but I have no clue where the transfer belt is or how to clean it... can you help me with that too? - Anonymous
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419B38XFBXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Then read the rest of the thread and it explains where the sensor is. Can't do everything for you.
by moe on Jun 11, 2008 at 9:47pm Add comment
Hi, i have a low therm F1 message on printer and have traced the wires back to the THERMOSTATS all seems ok, but need more advise as to what to do next as I need this beast to print again as it still fairly young with not too many prints gone through, any help much appreciated.
by strewf on Jul 6, 2008 at 10:14am Add comment
Hi, I am looking for a Service manual for this printer, as mistakenly put injet labels though it, and something has attached to the fuser rollers, as every print since has an impression and skid mark from a piece of the labels and cant for the life of me get inside the fuser unit!
Any one tried to clean the fuser unit? These are so difficult to get into, I am sure this is an easier way!

Or is there a work around?

Any help appreciated, contact me for either the service manual or a work around [email protected]
regards Steve
by strewf on Jul 6, 2008 at 10:19am Add comment
Magicolor 2300 here also had labels put through it - on every roller, fuser, etc. Anyone have any ideas? spare parts? All Parts cost more than another color printer. Anyone in Rochester NY with experience fixing - will pay reasonable fee if it can be done. I do not want to mess with it myself - I fix computers, not much on printers anymore as it is usually not cost effective except on the more expensive ones. This is in the middle - almost worth fixing.
by jackgzero on Jul 6, 2008 at 1:01pm Add comment
Hellon
can the drum be reset on the magicolor 2400W?
Can tell me anybody how?
Thanks...
by Anonymous on Aug 12, 2008 at 2:26pm Add comment
Hi,

I need help. I get the error 18H anytimes I switch on the printer. I found out that is the fuser. Have anybody a solution, what there defect is?
by Anonymous on Aug 12, 2008 at 3:20pm Add comment
I have assembled an instruction guide to fixing the "Service Call 16 XFer Belt Rotate" error. It is very detailed with many photographs to show you (not just tell you) how and where to find everything. All photographs are in HD!

I would post the guide on my web site for direct download. But with HD photographs, the file size would eat too much into my server's monthly allocated transfer volume. And, since e-mails eat into the same, I will have to charge a minimal fee to send it - not much, just a dollar. Sorry for the need to charge!

If you want it for free, either find me a free FTP site on which to post it for direct access or find me someone who needs a web site (that's what I do and business is poor at the moment).

Contact me thru my web site: http://www.BurkhartTech.com.
by unknown on Dec 20, 2008 at 5:06pm Add comment
I posted detailed instructions on how to extend use of the oil roller in my blog: http://dlburkhart.spaces.live.com

If for some reason the link for the blog entry does not work, contact me thru my web site: http://www.BurkhartTech.com/
by DLBurkhart on Sep 1, 2009 at 7:07am Add comment
Hi. I know the QMS 2200 DL is really old but I like it. It is printing a double image on the page about half way down. It's not the rubble pad--I already fixed that problem. I actually have 2 machines (someone else had problems so gave me theirs--they had purchased a new transfer belt and that didn't fix the problem). Tried a differnt OPC drum, shorted the glass fuses, installed OEM toner, cleaned it. Both machines have the same problem. Any help other than giving up? Thanks!
by rmkddk on Dec 10, 2009 at 10:06am Add comment
double images are usually caused by a drum unit or fuser unit

stop a page halfway thru machine to see if it is one or the other
sounds like a fuser unit is needed
by Anonymous on Dec 10, 2009 at 1:43pm Add comment
Thanks for the advise. - rmkddk
I recently upgraded main computer to Window 7 and there are no compatible Drivers so I installed the printer on a networked laptop but the colors are not correct. Any suggestions?
by Kelly57 on Dec 10, 2009 at 8:03pm Add comment
I have a Magicolor 2200 and the display reads replace OPC drum which I did but the message won't go away. I have tried the resets but I don't where to find the fuses. Can Anyone help me?
by jjasuhy on Dec 11, 2009 at 6:09am Add comment
I have a Magic color 2300 and it folds the first print almost every time we use it now. Any ideas what I can do????
by srfaith on Jun 18, 2010 at 6:43am Add comment
Most times that I've seen this happen it was because a scrap of paper was in the paper path. You'll just have to find it.
by moe on Jun 18, 2010 at 10:26am Add comment
I have a Magicolor 2400w, it was working fine until I the replacement chip fell off of the yellow toner. I removed the case and searched for the chip, found and replaced the chip. When I went to reinsert teh drum, it didnt fit right, I pulled it out and found a connector with 3 pins that sit at a angle where the replacement chips contact to read (I assume). After I pulled the clip out examind that the pins were detached fromt eh pad internally, soldered the pins back into place and found the connecting and reconnected, snaped the block back in place. I restarted the printer and the cyan cartrige comes up as replacement. Is there a way I can check to see if the cyan toner is bad, its full of toner, has less then 200 copies, and I pulled the replacement chip, as indicated on one site for continual usage without cartridge replacement, and the error still continues. All other cartridges are good.

Thanks for any input
by darkrdr318 on Jul 1, 2010 at 8:29pm Add comment
Can I vent a little??!!!! The 2400W is the worst piece of crap that I have ever seen. So many headaches with this thing it makes me want to chuck it through the window. It prints great when you can get it online or no error codes or recognized by you computer!!! If I could only get it to print, I'd be a happy man. (Sorry, I've been working on trying to get it to print for about 6 hours now, I need to go home and get some rest).
by unknown on Jul 20, 2010 at 6:00pm Add comment
Well I can agree that the 2400w is proned to some headaches. I used rebuilt cartridges for a while and just purchased a new cyan cartridge which has been detected, my yellow and magenta are now being a burden so when I have the funds I will replace with new also. All in all the printer has worked great for a better part of 6 years. The move was, I think, the biggest problem with the printer. I also emptied the toner catch on the drum side as it was full and leaving a mess over the entire printer. I have learned a few new fixes for it, and had to reinstall the springs for the paper tray on my last pull down. After I am able to purchase new cartridges , and hope the problem is solved, I have no quarums with the printer. My best advice to anyone is that if you have a toner issue just purchase new, if that doesn't fix it there is a pickup sensor that is attached on the inside by the drum with a rocker clip and a moldex 3 pin connector. The leads that protrude through the clip are soldered very lightly to the pads, assume they are IR heat soldered by machine, and break off easily after time, hence the reason I had a towner issue to begin with, couldn't fine the replacement part # and an actual speaking person that could help me in replacement, find a friend or electronics guy, and solder the pins back into place. Not a difficult task, but worth looking into. After I soldered the clip and reinstalled (note: be very careful when pulling apart as the side clips to seperate the connector can easily break off and you will end up gluing the part together) the printer seems to be working fine without repeated errors from the toner problem. I will post again after I replace the toner cartridges and see what is next.

For connection issues its worth noting that the USB port needs to be a 2.0 or higher, and the software to run the printer is sketchy, always hit the KM site to reinstall and use the monitor of course to evaluate the problem (my biggest obstacle since I was shooting in the dark with the flashing error light and booklet). Toner is a metal oxide that can block connections to connectors and electrical pads giving false reading so cleanliness is a big problem with all toner machines and a large part of all errors in general. If a part goes bad, have an error code that needs maintenance, research it well instead of just purchasing and dropping it in. Some may work but used rebuilt parts on older machines negate the cost and may be benefical to just purchase a new machine, several posts I have come across suggest it would have been easier, and cost effective to just pay 400 to 500 instead of the 200 to replace the part and headaches that are involved- most office equipment for home use are one shot throw aways nowaday- like all home use products. A better version is always after the one you have and will eventually go down in price, or on sale.

Laser printers are becoming cheaper by the day where they get you is the consumables. I have spent in the six years over 1000 dollars, my family prints alot, just to get the use out of the printer, my drum is stll good, and I have cleaned the printer often to keep it in good order, used toilet paper without aloe to wipe down the internals, no problems with lines, scratches on the glass projection area, and prints great.

Just this one hick up and hopefully its a fix after the toners.

I hope some of this helps, I will continue to post when I get to the next step.

by darkrdr318 on Jul 20, 2010 at 10:01pm Add comment
Well the yellow and magenta cartridge arrived yesterday, I put the cartridges in and reset the switch. At first cycle the 2400w picked up the new cartridges and warmed up, cycled some more and then went into stand by, I tried printing a test page and now know what a printer sounds like when it is screaming in agony... I looked up the manual I purchased as a safety net and parts locator and found the pickup roller was not adjusted for the paper, (since also the display was showing paperjam), I then pulled out the paper from the tray and closed the lid, the printer asked to load paper which I ablidged, and then began to do its norm, the printer screamed again which brought me back to the roller, according to the manual the cams and roller were out of adjustment and was giving a false to the misfeed sensor for paper jam, I turned off the printer and rotated the roller to the position of alignment according to the manual for adjustments, in the process the gears meshed with a little help from me and then seemed to roll in sequence with the cams again, a final manual turn and then reset the pickup roller to the position of alignment. I turned the unit back on and the roller moved to pick up the paper with no agony of screams. No paper fed into the machine giving yet another paperjam indication. The pickup was clogged with tons of toner and a quick eraser to the pad cleared up the roller. it now works like it did from the factory. Hope this helps anyone who needs it; also the manual was $29.95 if I remember correctly from an internet site on repair, I belive I picked up the link from here; well worth the money. The package included a parts catalog and a set of advisories. Of course it is in japanese too but for the extra help it gave in breakdown of the unit it was well worth it.

by darkrdr318 on Aug 13, 2010 at 11:14am Add comment
$29.95 for a manual? You got ripped off.
by philly5706 on Aug 13, 2010 at 5:24pm Add comment
Actuall all said and done it was $11.77; not 29.95. I just found the reciept, either way well worth the money even if it was $50 dollars.
by darkrdr318 on Aug 15, 2010 at 4:02pm Add comment
My magicolor 2200 quit working and is showing a code that says:
Service Call 16 XFER Belt Rotate.

Can someone tell me what this is and how I can fix it ?

Thanks
LT
by NPI.LT on Aug 15, 2010 at 5:41pm Add comment
Remove the transfer belt and see if it will turn by hand. Most times the error indicates the transfer belt needs to be replaced.
by dmzcompute on Aug 15, 2010 at 7:49pm Add comment
I replaced the opc drum in our Magicolor 2350.
First time it was switched on after this there was a bang and a message Service call 08
Second time it was switched on there was another bang and a message:
Service Call 14 XFER ROLLER
Would be grateful for any advice.
Amanda
by Amanda123 on Mar 17, 2011 at 3:24am Add comment
Amanda;

I can send specific instructions on how to correct the issue.
E-mail me at [email protected]
LT
by NPI.LT on Mar 19, 2011 at 12:12pm Add comment
Thanks for the offer but we have fixed it now - the drum was a little bit out of alignment.
by unknown on Mar 20, 2011 at 4:33am Add comment
Thanks NPI.LT for the info but I still have the same error service call 15 XFER belt.
My Printer Magicolor QMS 2350
This happen when I corrected the paper folding issue i repaired the sl4 and sl5 solenoid.
I believe I threw the timing off .

Is there a way to reset the timing?
What does it mean when they say short the fuse with a paper clip?

Thank for any replies.
by unknown on Mar 26, 2011 at 8:12am Add comment
Update..

It was sl5 solenoid the new pad i put on was too big I removed and wrapped plastic tape where the little felt used to be end of “service call 15 XFER belt”.

Now I have the folding paper issue again.
by unknown on Mar 27, 2011 at 6:22am Add comment
Does anyone know what Magicolor CX printer part this Error Message is referring to? "F6 Transfer HU Unit"
Thanks!
by unknown on Nov 1, 2012 at 8:57pm Add comment
Never heard of a Magicolor CX. What country are you in?

PK
by philly5706 on Nov 3, 2012 at 1:51pm Add comment
USA. The QMS Magicolor CX is in the lineage of the "ColorScript 1000, Magicolor, Magicolor Plus, Magicolor LX, Magicolor CX, Magicolor WX and Magicolor II CX". The Error Message should read, "F6 Transfer HV Unit" instead of "HU Unit". [Maybe "HV" stands for "High Voltage". - unknown
USA. The QMS Magicolor CX is in the lineage of the "ColorScript 1000, Magicolor, Magicolor Plus, Magicolor LX, Magicolor CX, Magicolor WX and Magicolor II CX". The Error Message should read, "F6 Transfer HV Unit" instead of "HU Unit". [Maybe "HV" stands for "High Voltage".] - unknown
Hi,
Wow, it looks like some great resources here about the Magicolor 2200 - well, i am having a problem now, i am getting the "service call 14 - xfer roller" error ....
Interesting because before sometimes i would be able to get it started by leaving the front cover open when turning on printer, wait for the printer to say "cover open", then close cover and then it would work ... but now it never works , and i get the error pretty much every time now.
Any suggestions on what to do?
i have replaced the transfer belt, transfer roller (little roller on the side door) and toners ....
In the past I had replaced the solenoid pads with a piece of felt sticker.
thanks,
Eric
by unknown on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:44am Add comment
by Kelly57 on Dec 10, 2009 at 8:05pm Add comment