unknown

asked Nov 9, 2002 at 11:31pm
Hp HP DeskJet 1100

HP 1100 separation pad

I received the free separation pad from HP and it did not work. It made it worse. I have asked for another free pad in case the first one was defective. I know (or I think) the clutch and rubber wheel that pulls the paper is fine.
Does the kit they sell at this site work better than the free pad they offer from HP?

Pat
The free kit is very risky. If you get it stuck just right it will work ok for a while. If it gets misaligned before is is stuck down you'll either continue to get multifeeds or, more often, it won't feed at all. The worst thing that happens regularly with the free kit is that it will come unstuck and get pulled into the printer permanently destroying either the cartridge or the fuser. To answer your question, the kit sold here works much better than the HP freebie.
by david belton on Nov 10, 2002 at 8:45am Add comment
I'm in with Pat. I installed it and now no paper feeds through. What do I need to do from this point ?
by Stuart on Dec 19, 2002 at 10:37am Add comment
The word "free" pretty much tells how good it works.
by unknown on Dec 19, 2002 at 1:47pm Add comment
I must confess that I found out after the fact that I had put it in wrong the first time. I ordered another one and I still put it in wrong but I corrected the problem. It seems to be working fine now but I would recommend that you buy the $20 fix. I was lucky to have caught my mistake. HP's free fix is not that great eventhough it seems to be working.
The problem was that the rubber pad folded under itself and stuck on the sticky part that was supposed to stick to the top where the paper sits. I had to peel the second fix off and luckily thwe glue had not set up enough to make it permanent. I reapplied the fix the right way and it is working for now. I will get a better fix later.

Pat
by unknown on Dec 19, 2002 at 4:11pm Add comment
We regularly remove the "free" fixes in our shop. They cause more problems than they cure. We posted a picture of a 3100 "free" fix that we pulled at http://fixyourownprinter.com/freefix.html
All of the free fixes work on the same principle. Problem is they have to go in perfect to work. Even if you put it in perfect, you're sticking it down on a layer of dust. I don't have to tell you how well scotch tape sticks to dust. Another brilliant engineering fix by HP to avoid an expensive recall.
by moe on Dec 19, 2002 at 5:19pm Add comment
I must also confess something that I did not mention in the first section. I did clean the part that the pad stuck to very thoroughly with alcohol because I stuck the first one down with another adhesive. It went on real well when it did stick.
I would still recommend you get a better fix though. I wonder how long this free fix will last?

Pat
by unknown on Dec 19, 2002 at 10:30pm Add comment
I was having the mutli page feed with my HP1100 and found hp free fix and it works. My printer only feeds one page. It works if I only have one page to print but if I have a two page document it won't print that. Will Moe's fix work better on this or does any one think that this is a different problem. Thanks!
by Kay on Dec 31, 2002 at 5:10am Add comment
I think there is something else wrong with your printer. I know my printer worked with multi page documents just fine after the second install of the free fix.

Pat
by unknown on Jan 1, 2003 at 10:12pm Add comment
What parts does the "HP LaserJet 1100 Multiple-Sheet Feed Repair Kit" include?

by Coen on Jan 15, 2003 at 6:13am Add comment