carolw

asked Feb 9, 2007 at 11:06am
Unknown Printer

Reset counter on Samsung ML-2510

Just refilled Samsung ML-2510 toner cartridge but test sheet still reports old page count and toner status. Can this be reset? Refill center said there was no way to reset chip since there isn't any.
great info, thank u EJBURR and KNP650!
now the question for me is how did u get the new toner into the old empty cartridge?

i just bought one of these printers (built 3/08) and i do not see any obvious plug or other area where u would load new toner into it. is samsung maybe making the starter cartridge differently now? without a refill plug? if so, does anyone have any info/experience refilling one of these?

also, is it critical what brand (or type) of toner to use? are there different types of toner? the greedy printer companies want us to believe that the only good/useable toner comes from them.

by unknown on May 1, 2008 at 9:57pm Add comment
Thank you very much, EJBURR and KNP650. I just solved the problem with the forever blinking red light. I just changed the fuse and, really, I am a lady who is not related to technical work. Many of us, users, are just that - users. When it comes to solve situations, we feel lost and it is not easy to get help from the manufacturer. It is so good to count with people like you. I appreciate your sharing your knowledge with us!
by LuzNan on Aug 24, 2008 at 2:12pm Add comment
LuzNan said "...When it comes to solve situations, we feel lost and it is not easy to get help from the manufacturer. "

I think that's because the manufacturer does not want you to know how to fix the problem without buying his/her product at very high premium. - Anonymous
PCR means "Primary Charge Roller" its behind the drum. its black in color. its charges the drum. if it is not neat then the drum wont get properly charged and thus the light printing.
by Yaswanth on Dec 8, 2009 at 11:01am Add comment
Hi all

This is Yaswanth again. Sorry for not being online for so long. As I mentioned earlier this is the right procedure as I am in to Refurbishing Business and I do all kinds of refilling.

1. First open the two screws in the front and push the front side a bit and lift the waste bin section up and remove.

2. You will see a black rod which is made with rubber and metal inside,This is the PCR (Primary Charge Roller) below That there is a green drum or Blue drum in some cartridges, this is called OPC drum.

3. Now you should open the sides of the cartridge in order to remove the PCR.

4. On either side there are 2 (two) screws please remove them and carefully pull the black sides part out. (both sides)

5. Then you can see the pcr with one end with a gear which touches with the gear of the OPC drum.

6. From that side push the pcr to he opposite side so that it comes out of the lock. be careful as its tricky.

7. when its is moved one side comes out. then pull back so it comes out.

8. It should be a bit white in color because of the usage

9. Now take distilled water and clean the pcr one side only from like you magnetize iron. not up and down. please do this with caution as pressing too hard will damage the pcr as it is made of sponge inside. but clean it properly till its black and uniform.

9. Now take the drum out and then clean it with a neat soft cloth and be careful not to place any scratches or dots on the drum as thy may end up in the print. if the drum is not clean by only cloth then you can use distilled water and soft cloth to clean the drum but dont allow the water to stay long on the drum. when finished please clean back with a dry soft cloth and make sure the drum is completely dry before going to point 10.

10. Now when both are clean, you will see a back roller which is present beneath the drum. this is called DVR (Developer Roller) which collects the toner from toner hopper and then places it on the drum. so make sure its clean by cleaning it with soft cloth. please rotate it when cleaning so its clean around.

11. Now rotate the DVR slowly from outside, dont touch the dvr with hand as its will collect your finger print and will come in you print. now see if the toner is spreading th dvr properly and evenly. if it is spreading evenly then place bac the drum in its position and slide back the PCR in its place. first the non gear end and then the gear end.

12. Then placing the gear end make sure you lift the contact which has spring a bit up and then slide the PCR in to it. and make sure the gear is sitting right on top of the drum gear. it should be perfectly matched else the drum wont rotate and you get a blank page while printing.

13. Now place the sides of the cartridge which you removed in point 4. and place the screws back total 4 dont forget.

14. Now clean the waste bin which you removed first and place it from back first. see that the they are two locks in the back and they go into the sides.

15. Now place the screws in the front. 2 screws.

16.Now print and enjoy.

You should get the print very good if you do this right.

If you still get faded print then your toner is not supporting this model. please change the toner and get toner for samsung models only not any other brands. it looks the same and black in color but there is a lot of difference in the chemical part of the toner.

If you still have doubts please feel free to mail me and i will try to help.

Hope you all understand my English

Please forgive for any mistake I have made in typing.

Thats all for now Happy Recharging:)

by Yaswanth on Feb 25, 2010 at 11:12am Add comment
These are rest with the fuse in the "nose" of the replacement carts. There is not one on the starter. We build these, and the fuse can reset the counter, but it will be out in another 100 pages or so. If you need, get a small tube-type fuse in a 100mA, 250V setting. If you like, email me and I will send you one. :-)PCRMike
by pcrmike on Feb 12, 2007 at 7:18am Add comment
what do i do if i have a starter cartridge as far as resetting the counter? - Greg40
mine printer is ML 2245 , it cartridge has a fuse of 63mA250V , i am not able to find the fuse of this rating please help me.
can somebody send me the fuses of this rating or compatible rating.

contact me at jumulla@yahoo.com - Anonymous
i have ml-2240 smsung printer plz tellme how i reset counter of printer i refill it and printer not accep catridge it give red light - Anonymous
hai can you help me my printer samsung ml 2150 can prin toner new but no image pls help - Anonymous
I've read through a lot of the messages regarding the fuse situation and the copy count on this printer. I too had the situation where the red light was blinking and would not print. I checked the cartridge and the fuse was blown. I replaced it and I've printed a 100 or more copies until now. The light remains green but will not print yet there was a print job in the queue. I removed the cartridge and the fuse was blown, I replaced it and hit print again and still nothing. I removed the cartridge again and the fuse was blown again. I an using 250 mA fuses which I believe is what is required.
What would cause the fuse to blow? And how would I get the copy count? Is there a way of resetting this so called count? By the way the test print printed out flawlessly. Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
- forest813
Please let me in to the secret of how can can reset the M:-2510 cartridge. Thanks Michael
by michaelsjd on Mar 4, 2007 at 1:40pm Add comment
Umm. See previous post? The fuse IS the secret. :-)PCRMike
by pcrmike on Mar 8, 2007 at 9:41am Add comment
would this also fix the flashing red error light? refilling my toner worked fine, i just can't get the error light to go out. - Anonymous
Where exactly does the fuse go on the cartridge?

Thanks!
by Anonymous on Jun 5, 2007 at 9:07am Add comment
Had a paper Jam.
Remomed cartrige an Paper jam. now The green light flash on for a second then the red light stays on. printer does not start. Where is the fuse ??? - Anonymous
If you hold the cart like you are going to put it in, the far, left edge of the cart, that first goes in, you will see a phillips screw head. There is a small "claw" there that holds the fuse in place. :-)PCRMike
by pcrmike on Jun 6, 2007 at 1:00pm Add comment
My printer has a red light and does not work. The printer is very new. I took the ink cartridge out to get a paper jam out and has never worked since. Please help. Samsung is not helpful at all. - Victoria Phillips
refilled my toner cart only problem is it will only print light if i change settings still prints the same
by tcerroni on Jun 13, 2007 at 10:39am Add comment
There is more to "refilling" a toner than dumping toner in it. THere is a drum and a cleaning blade, and a development roller, and a primary charge roller, and a doctor blade, etc that should be replaced. This is why I HATE refill kits as they do nothing but cost the customers money and frustration. Either buy a new one for this model, or get a real, honest to goodness remanufactured toner cart for it. Popping a fuse in it to get hte last pages out of it, yes I can understand that. :-) PCRMike
by pcrmike on Jun 14, 2007 at 6:35am Add comment
I have an ML-2510 that is just over 1 year old. I am now getting faint printouts. I changed the settings, but it made no difference. I put in a compatible (refilled) cartridge a few months ago. Would a blown fuse cause this problem? I tried cleaning the LSU, but I am not sure if I actually found it. The user manual said it is hard to find, and they are not kidding. Tried contacting Samsung by e-mail with no response. The web site is equally unhelpful. I called them, but they said they would call back in five days. Any suggestions?
by vreese on Dec 10, 2007 at 9:36am Add comment
I have the same problem -faint print- and i'm pretty sure that the fuse isn't the thing that causes a problem (essentialy you can use any piece of metal that doesn't even blow up instead of buying fuses to reset your printer for the next 3000 pages --(1000pages when buying new printer) that's what i did a couple of times. So if anyone knows how to get rid of faint printing, please let me know. - Anonymous
When refilling the unfused cartridge that came with the printer, can you reset the count and stop the flashing red lamp?
by nicksteel on Feb 10, 2008 at 9:52am Add comment
Finally figured out that the toner fuse holder only holds the fuse, with the contacts on the printer itself.

I somehow assumed that the lack of contacts on the fuse holder itself (and the fuse) were "missing" because mine is a starter cartridge and could not utilize a fuse.

Put in fuse from Radio Shack. Message gone, blinking light off, etc.

Thanks
by nicksteel on Feb 17, 2008 at 4:31am Add comment
what size fuse did you get from Radio shack? - mogg2008
do I understand correctly that I can add the fuse to the starter cartridge?
by pablobombero on Apr 16, 2008 at 10:14am Add comment
The fuse is 250 milliamp (250 volt but this is not critical). The fuse is 3/4" inch long (20 mm) round glass with metal ends. The electrical contacts are not in the cartridge they are inside the printer. There is a plastic fuse holder on the cartridge, even the starter cartridge. If you face the cartridge with the green roller horizontal and down, the fuse holder will be on the right side just above the phillips screw and in front of the white gear you can see inside the cartridge. The fuse installs horizontally, (in line with the green roller). You just simply pop it into the holder. (I wish I knew how to post a photo, it's really easy when you figure it out.) This will stop the annoying flashing red LED and your system tray will say the cartridge is full. Good luck!!!
by ejburr on Apr 27, 2008 at 5:41am Add comment
Thanks!!! It now has a green light and works fine - unknown
is there anyway you can send me a photo of the fuse holder, seems like I am having trouble to locate it. the white gear is on the left side. when I holding the handle pointing at me. Thank you.

my email address is joeyoyo@gmail.com
- Anonymous
Thanks to the previous posts and guidance I was able to locate the fuse holder on my starter cartridge. A 250mA or smaller fuse was not available at the local Radio Shack, so I bought the 315mA fuse (4 for $2.99). I placed the refilled cartridge with the fuse into the printer, powered on, and the blinking red light went off and the green light came on. Hopefully the following linked picture makes it easier for others to locate the fuse.

http://www.2and2.net/files/48174a40226e0.jpg
by knp650 on May 1, 2008 at 4:26pm Add comment
I put a fuse in but my copies are faint. It is a starter cartridge with a few thousand pages printed. Any idea on how to
have it print darker? Also, how do you check the counter number? - Anonymous
"Thanks to the previous posts and guidance I was able to locate the fuse holder on my starter cartridge. A 250mA or smaller fuse was not available at the local Radio Shack, so I bought the 315mA fuse (4 for $2.99). I placed the refilled cartridge with the fuse into the printer, powered on, and the blinking red light went off and the green light came on."

Did everything that was in this post and my light still blinks red. - Anonymous
My ML-2510 has the dratted blinking light and the test page indicates a page count of 2515. I'd like to replace the fuse as the post from knp650 indicates but the link to the jpg photo doesn't work. Any one know where I can find that photo or a similar one? There does not appear to be a fuse in my cartridge My Samsung cartridge, a ML-2010D3/SEE, should not be empty yet. - ericblair
There are two Phillips head screws on each end of the cartridge. Remove the two screws on the end with the rectangular metal contact. The contact is about 1/2" long and about 3/16" wide. Use a very small flat screw driver to carefully pry off the end plate. Underneath you will find a round plastic plug. Remove the plug, fill with toner, reassemble.

I do not know what toner to buy. I bought something designated for my printer.
by ejburr on May 5, 2008 at 7:41pm Add comment
Most companies won't sell to end users, here's one that will http://www.uninetimaging.com/list/engine.asp?eng=44
by moe on May 5, 2008 at 8:58pm Add comment
thanks, EJBURR...great info once again. just curious > where did u get the toner u used and what did it cost u? and are u happy with the results?

and thanks for that link, moe...

and to GREG40 >
if i understand correctly whats been said in this post/thread all u have to do install a low amp fuse (like less than about 0.3 amps and the voltage rating is not critical) in the starter cartridge. just read the early posts here. KNP650 even provided a pic of it. thank u, KNP650! it sounds very easy.

i guess the printer detects the fuse and purposely blows it, which also resets the counter memory for another 1000 pages. or maybe it blows the fuse when the counter gets to 1000 pages?

either way tho if thats correct it now makes me wonder how a high capacity 3000 page cartridge works to allow 3000 pages instead of only 1000? or does it just allow 3000 pages automatically? that doesnt make sense tho either since the starter cartridge stops at 1000 pages, or at least thats how i understand its supposed to work. anyone have any info about this?

by unknown on May 6, 2008 at 9:48pm Add comment
For toner, I went to eBay and searched for:
toner Samsung ML-2510
Just pick one. It's all the same stuff.

As for the page count, the fuse blows at some point. How about you figure that one out? Watch your page count and post when you find out.

by ejburr on May 7, 2008 at 5:50pm Add comment
ok...thanks again, ejburr.....

and i will let u all know here when i find out but it'll be a long time from now, i bet...i very seldom print anything...i bought this laser printer only because i had several inkjet printers that dried up after only a year or 2, even tho i had printed far less than 100 pages on each one...and i refuse to pay $30 or $40 for a few milli-liters of ink! what a rip-off! i assume the toner wont do that...or something similar, i hope...since its not a liquid...

i asked all these questions mostly because i'm just curious how things like this work....

this is a great printer info site....thanks to everyone for all the posts and info they provided!
by unknown on May 8, 2008 at 5:30am Add comment
Just came back to this post and thought I can add a few more cents to this thread.
I also bought the toner refill from Ebay, 2 bottles for $13.98 including shipping. The refill is being used now and seems to work fine.

When does the fuse blow? I was curious about that so immediately after resetting the counter (blinking red light went away and green light came on), I turned off the printer and removed the cartridge to check the fuse with a continuity meter. The fuse had blown already.

Here’s my theory on the 1000 and 3000 count. When Samsung programmed the counter with the starter cartridge, they set the counter at 2000. At 3000 the red blinking light comes on. When a new fuse is installed, it resets the counter to 0. Just my theory and I could be totally wrong.

Here’s a linked photo showing the round refill cap or plug after the cartridge end cover has been removed.

http://www.2and2.net/files/481e2c24aa449.jpg

by knp650 on May 10, 2008 at 1:30pm Add comment
That's exactly what happens.Once the printer has printed x pages the error light comes on. The light will only go out when you fit a new toner cart or you change the fuse in the old one.The fuse blows immediately it's turned on which signals to it(or fools it to believe) that a new cart has been fitted. The fuse will only blow when the error light is on, if you fit a new fuse before the error shows it doesn't blow the fuse nor reset the counter. - Anonymous
u need to refill it with toner...read the above posts...and to get a test print of the counter number press and hold the big colored CANCEL BUTTON on the printer...its in the manual...
by Anonymous on Jun 11, 2008 at 10:34pm Add comment
Thank you all so much for the information in this thread.

After about 600 pages my red light started blinking etc. I went to Radio Shack and got the fuses (270-1046). Put one in and bam, no more red light, reset to 0 on the toner page count etc.

Also thanks for the toner refill info. Will try it soon as well.

Again, thank you all for your help.
by tederov on Aug 30, 2008 at 11:53am Add comment
Thanks so much! The advice here was spot-on.
by unknown on Oct 5, 2008 at 5:03pm Add comment
Try Laser Tek Services out of Fargo, ND. They include the fuse(s) with the toner. Fast and reliable.

You can Google up their web site.
by rdmarr on Oct 23, 2008 at 1:07pm Add comment
I had the toner refilled locally in my city. When I got home, I noticed that the fuse was missing on the re-filled cartridge, I then searched this thread and bought a radio shack mini fuse with a 2.5 A 250 Volt rating. I do not know if this is the correct fuse.

I tried the fuse in the cartridge, powered off and on my printer, re-boot my computer and got a red light where it was blinking before.
I then attempted to print and it would not print.

I pulled out the fuse, tried another one and the same thing happened.

I only am able to print without a fuse installed in the cartridge!
-with the red light blinking.

Do I need a different fuse to stop the red light from blinking?

Thanks, HASIEL
by hasiel on Oct 23, 2008 at 1:21pm Add comment
I hope you made a typo! The instructions are pretty clear. The fuse should be a 250 milliamp fuse, thats 0.25 amps. I doubt a 2.5 amp fuse is going to blow as intended. It will probably burn out something on the board inside your printer. The system may never work if that has happened.

Try the 250 milliamp fuse. If that does not work, you are stuck.
by ejburr on Oct 23, 2008 at 3:06pm Add comment
EJBURR
Thanks for your quick reply. It was a 2.5 amp fuse, I am very lucky that you notified me and am grateful.
I know little about electronics as you can see.
I went back to radio shack and got a 0.31 amp fuse, and now I get a green light. Please let me know if 0.31 amps is still too much.
The printer is printing!

Thanks,
Hasiel
by hasiel on Oct 23, 2008 at 4:09pm Add comment
The 0.31 amp fuse is fine. As my old high school math teacher used to say, "I'd rather be lucky than good any day." Yeah you were lucky.
by ejburr on Oct 24, 2008 at 3:01pm Add comment
I just refilled my ML-2510 starter cartridge with toner I had left over from an old refill kit.
I didn't bother buying a fuse just to have it blown right away to reset the counter. Instead I used test leads to extend the contacts in the printer where the fuse connects (with cartridge removed - they are in the top left in the very back). I routed the wires through the paper intake opening of the front cover, then connected the two test leads, shut the front cover and disconnected the leads from each other after the printer started to spin up (it stalled after a very short spin up). I then opened the front cover again and removed the test leads from the printer and inserted the cartridge. This essentially simulated the fuse getting blown. If you want to play it save you can insert a 50 ohm (or so) resistor between the leads when you short them but directly shorting them didn't break my printer.
When I print a test page it now shows 924 pages total, 3k cartridge and 0 count on the cartridge.
BTW I picked this printer up a couple weeks ago from Office Max for $59 (and price matched it a week later for $49 with a Fry's ad). I bought this one to print a ton of applications my wife has to prepare currently. I also have an old (4 years or so) ML-1740 with heavily refilled cartridge but it doesn't print very dark anymore. I think the other parts of the cartridge are wearing out so instead of buying a new cartridge I bought the new printer for about the same cost. I figure since the starter cartridge is only filled partially but likely uses the same components otherwise I'll get quite a few more pages out of it before it fades with refilled toner. Overall I'm pretty happy with the two printers (the old one still works perfectly except for the light black intensity but that's probably a problem f the cartridge). Unfortunately though the Samsung driver for Mac OS X doesn't work with the Airport Express very reliably (it used to be fine) since some recent update. I have a D-Link ethernet print server though that works fine. I'll probably pick up another one when I find one on sale for the second printer.
by Keymaster on Oct 24, 2008 at 4:49pm Add comment
Hi ,
I am Having samsung 2245 printer, it came with a cartridge having 63mA 250 V rating, I was unable to find the fuse in the market so I tried the trick provided by KEYMASTER, when i turned on the printer it spinned and stopped immediately with a green light, then i cut the leads,but nothing happened ,the printer was still asking for toner replacement. can you(keymaster) give me the details on when to cut the leads or can u provide me with the fuse of above mentioned ratings.

Thanks
Jameer
jumulla@yahoo.com - Anonymous
Cheers Keymaster, I was wondering if you could do it this way, good tip!
by unknown on Oct 27, 2008 at 10:29am Add comment
Just wanted to say that this is one of the better sites that you can extract info about the Samsung ML 2510 printer. I'm waiting for the deleivery of my fantastic buy ($50.00) including shipping. Thanks to all for participating and sharing your thoughts. You guys (and gals) are just great.
by Mike Herbstman on Oct 30, 2008 at 11:15am Add comment
The printer keeps a counter of how many pages were printed and the initial counter is set to about 700 after which the low toner light comes on. Once you replace the starter cartridge with one that has the fuse this counter will be reset and then will count to somewhere below 3000. So if you refill the starter cartridge right away that doesn't really do you any good in terms of avoiding the low toner light - you'll still get it after around 700 pages. I'm not sure if placing a fuse in the starter cartridge right away would help either. It's my understanding that the fuse will only blow if the low toner light is already on. I don't think it would hurt though - and actually if the printer detects a fuse right away maybe it assumes that it's a 3k cartridge and starts out with the 3000 counter.
I think either way you're going to be fine - you won't break anything or have higher cost one way or the other.
I'd probably just start out with the starter cartridge until the light comes on - if you have some other problems with the printer and you need to return it you won't be out your extra toner.
by Keymaster on Oct 30, 2008 at 7:58pm Add comment
Thanks for answering me so quickly. I think I will take your advice and wait until I have the low toner light on, and then I will add toner and replace the fuse. thanks again.....Mike
by Mike Herbstman on Oct 31, 2008 at 8:19am Add comment
I brought a Samsung ML-2510 about 8 months ago and had the starter cartridge refilled when the alert light came on about 2 months ago. I also put in a fuse to reset the counter. The status pages indicates the cartridge will give 3K pages. The printer was also set in Toner Saver Mode so I can extend the life further.

Everything works until I reach around 800 pages and the prints started to fade. I shook the cartridge and the result did not change. Also, the Alert lamp did not came on. The cartridge still have around 3/4 toner in the cartridge when I checked. Does anyone have this problem? I was expecting the fading to start around 2800 pages not around 800 pages. It seems like the starter cartridge can only prints around 1000 pages regardless if we reset the cartridge to 3K. I am not sure if this will happen if the refill is from a regular 3k cartridge instead of a starter. Is there anything else I need to reset beside the fuse? Thanks!

My Total Page Count = 2013, Toner Page Count = 914, Toner Status = Normal, Cartridge Capacity = 3K
by unknown on Oct 31, 2008 at 8:29am Add comment
Need help with my samsung printer ML-2150/ same problem as you. - Anonymous
For what it's worth. The fuse is strictly for resetting the toner page count to zero. I believe the page count is what trigger the red blinking light - not the fuse itself. You can save the fuse from getting blown out by installing it to getting the toner page count to reset to zero and THEN remove it from the cartridge and save it for the next refill/reset of the toner.
by unknown on Nov 14, 2008 at 9:39pm Add comment
Does the red blinking light affect how many pages are printed, or is it just the annoyance of a blinking light? I've been just ignoring the light and when pages get faint or partially printed I shake the toner cartridge and then it will print ok again for a while. I guess my question is will it continue to print and use all the toner in the cartridge even if the fuse is blown and the light is blinking?
by bonnie08734 on Nov 20, 2008 at 3:37pm Add comment
The way it works is this, when the page count gets to a pre-determined level the light will begin blinking to let you know that you will soon need to replace the cartridge. This gives you time to order a new one before it runs out. After another x amount of pages the light will stop blinking but be permantly on and no further printing can take place. If you change the fuse at this point it will fool the printer into thinking you have put in a new cartridge. The trigger is the blowing of the fuse. If you change the fuse before the light comes on it will not blow and the page count will not be reset. Bonnie your fuse would have been blown since the cartridge was replaced and not recently when the light began to blink and so your printer will continue to print until the light remains on and stops blinking.
by pkelectronics on Nov 21, 2008 at 10:29am Add comment
Thanks for the explanation. I'm still a "little" confused..... I bought a new printer a month ago to replace one that broke. I had just put a new cartridge in the old printer before it broke. I only printed a couple pages on the cartridge. So instead of putting in the starter cartridge that came with the new printer I used the 3000 page one that I took out of the broken printer. The red light started blinking on the new printer at 470 pages and said that the toner capacity was 1000, even though it was supposed to be a 3000 page cartridge. Since then I used that cartridge and the starter cartridge and its still blinking. I just put in another cartridge right now. So you think I should change the fuse now? Also, the pages were faint with missing print that's why I changed the cartridges. Is it possible that they're not really empty? - Anonymous
Pls suggest me how can i fix that problem " The tone is exausted". It is mostly in new samsung models.
by satty42 on Dec 12, 2008 at 7:15pm Add comment
There seems to be a wide disparity in the price of ML-2510 bulk toner. I finally realized that some sellers put 50 grams in their bottle and sell it a "high capacity" amount, while others sell you a "high capacity" with 100 grams in the bottle.
Which is correct? It's was interesting to note, that when I inquired of ebay sellers who do not tell you how much toner you are getting, but claim "high capacity', they ignore my email and do not respond.
Can anyone let me know just how many grams constitute "high capacity?" Thanks Mike Herbstman
by Mike Herbstman on Jan 19, 2009 at 9:30am Add comment
pl. send me reset counter software for samsung ml-2245 printer
by yogesh on Jan 27, 2009 at 12:16am Add comment
Who is "you"?
by Mike Herbstman on Jan 30, 2009 at 7:30am Add comment
Hmm...the original pictures that were linked arent working anymore due to exceeded bandwidth. I still don't know where the fuse is. Can anyone help me?
by unknown on Feb 1, 2009 at 11:32pm Add comment

Is it true that there is NO place for a fuse on
the starter cartridges?
by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2009 at 2:32pm Add comment
I am working on a ML2510 with the starter cartridge . When the printer is turned on the engine run then the red light blinks. I looked for jams and did not see any . If it is out of toner, will it cause this condition (vs working but printing light ) . So does the start cartridge have a fuse ? What else should I look for ? - Thanks
by rkpatt on Feb 15, 2009 at 5:21am Add comment
I would like to find the fuse location too . Could someone please post a new link to those files . - Thanks

" Re: Reset counter on Samsung ML-2510 by Byakko (2/1/09 11:32 PM) reply + / -
Hmm...the original pictures that were linked arent working anymore due to exceeded bandwidth. I still don't know where the fuse is. Can anyone help me?"

by rkpatt on Feb 15, 2009 at 1:46pm Add comment
I don't know how to post a photo, but follow the instructions that ejburr wrote on 4/27/08. Just do the following: Take out the toner cartridge. Put it in front of you exactly as you retrieved it. Look at the left side, just above the green roller. See that little fuse there with shiny metal ends? Take it out and install a new one. I hope you find it now.

by LuzNan on Feb 15, 2009 at 3:58pm Add comment
Ok but I am still confused . I see what appears to be the fuse holder at that location on the starter but no fuse . I guess the my start cartridge has no fuse. So do I refill the cartridge and what happens next ? Do I need to add a fuse to reset the counter (and stop the blinking red light ) ?

- Thanks

Re: Reset counter on Samsung ML-2510 by LuzNan (2/15/09 3:58 PM) reply + / -
I don't know how to post a photo, but follow the instructions that ejburr wrote on 4/27/08. Just do the following: Take out the toner cartridge. Put it in front of you exactly as you retrieved it. Look at the left side, just above the green roller. See that little fuse there with shiny metal ends? Take it out and install a new one. I hope you find it now.
by rkpatt on Feb 15, 2009 at 4:48pm Add comment
When I had the forever blinking red light, I changed the fuse and it solved the situation. But I must say that my toner had the fuse and that I never refill the cartridges because I have new spare ones. What I am doing now is that I save the fuses before discarding the cartridges. If your cartridge doesn't have the fuse and you are going to refill it, just buy a fuse and install it.
by LuzNan on Feb 15, 2009 at 5:54pm Add comment
I understand now . I will empty, refill and install a fuse . I wonder if it is safe to use some ML-1740 toner I have in my collection of stuff ? - Thanks
by rkpatt on Feb 15, 2009 at 6:24pm Add comment
Does anyone know if I can use a new fuse in a refilled cartridge for the ML 2240 printer to reset the counter as discussed in the ML 2510 thread? I have been told that the cartridges are interchangeable. Thanks
by bautacon on Feb 23, 2009 at 2:11pm Add comment
when I printed the test page, my ML 2510 said that toner capacity 1k, status low, and total pages count 740.
As I read and following some post above. I bought fuses .315amp -250volt ( 270-1046) at Radioshack. and when I opend screws on cartidge and I found now fuse in there. So can some one post the picture where the fuse located or send it to my email. I really appreciate.

dattranq@yahoo.com

thanks
by wirespeed on Mar 3, 2009 at 3:37pm Add comment
The location of the fuse is outside the cartridge in the back left end of it. Pull the cartridge out and look at the far left end, just below the screw is a claw type clamp that holds the fuse.
by Anonymous on Mar 9, 2009 at 3:03pm Add comment
Hey thanks everyone for this great information! A Radio Shack 27-1046 315 miliamp fuse solved my flashing red light problem. The fuse blew immediately as previously said and I'm back to a solid green light. Checked the fuse with an ohm meter and it definitely blows after reseting the counter.

Still on my starter cartridge with only 350 pages printed and nice dark print. When it gets light I'll replace the starter cartridge.
by Anonymous on Mar 10, 2009 at 3:19pm Add comment
Best Forum for Samsung ML-2510. Great people.
I used to replace my laser with a new one when its toner was low. Seems I could do refill and reset counter according to posts here.
BTW, many forums have posts on hot deals of laser printer. as low as $20~$30. That's a reason I didn't do refill previously.
by Anonymous on Mar 15, 2009 at 2:54pm Add comment
I did search. Here is Newark link selling the fuse. 0.6~0.7/each. but don't know shipping charge yet.

http://www.newark.com
by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2009 at 12:50pm Add comment
I just refilled an ML-2510 and am having some issues. The refill went fine, and I changed the fuse. However, the pages comes out horribly dark when printing, so I removed the fuse and now it prints fine. My question is: will it continue to print to 3,000 copies with no fuse, or do I need to try a different fuse or what? Let me know. Thanks.
by ossarian on Mar 19, 2009 at 11:21am Add comment
The fuse just tells the software to reset the counter.
Once blown it can be removed and discarded. It will not change the duration, qulaity and number of prints left in the cartridge.

I'm sure there is a machine registry key somewhere in the printer area that can do the same, but the fuse is easier. I had flashing lights, and put a fuse into the holder and the light went to green on the next boot. Make sure the fuse is in place before you power on the printer.

I also refilled with some toner, and the prints are not clear, only get half the page clear. Put up with the light until the flashing stops and the pages are light. You can try the toner refil instructions above, they are very good. But there may be differences on toner types, mine was not helpful. Do not wait too long either to try and fill.
by unknown on Mar 29, 2009 at 8:20am Add comment
How many times can a starter cartridge that comes w/ a ML-2510 be refilled w/ toner?
by Anonymous on Apr 4, 2009 at 11:08am Add comment
I just received the toner and fuses from prucahsed from an ebay vendor . I the instrucctions mentioned than it was very important to vacuum out the wast toner bin with the proper cvacuum cleaner ( HEPA ?) . What are people here doing ? - Thanks
by Anonymous on Apr 11, 2009 at 12:42pm Add comment
I found this post at www.slickdeals.net . Is this correct concerning the waste toner -

"Quote from WhoMeCheap? View Post :

EDITED TO INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONS
Buying toner:
eBay. Buy more and save on shipping. Be sure to get a funnel tip.

Adding Toner:
Go outside.
There are two end caps. Using a Philips-head screwdriver, remove two screws from the end with the metal electrical contacts. Remove the end cap.

Find, then remove the 1 inch round black plug. Use something thin, like a knife or a small blade-type screwdriver, and rock the plug from side to side while lifting. It's easier the second time.

Fill with toner, replace plug, replace cap, replace two screws. You're done.

Emptying waste (when you get dark streaks and blobs):
Go outside.
Using a Philips-head screwdriver, remove two screws from the TOP. Lift the waste collector. Your mission is to empty it even though there is no opening. Method 1) Tap it gently against something and toner will come out through the slot. Enough taps and it will be empty. Method 2 (still under development)) Drill a 3/8 inch hole through the top and tap the waste out through that bigger hole. Cover drilled hole with electrical tape to seal. Next time I'm drilling a second hole. Really though, I need a vacuum but I'm hesitant to put toner in my vac..

Replace the waste collector and the two screws and you're done. "
by Anonymous on Apr 11, 2009 at 1:18pm Add comment
Has anyone had a situation where a remanufactured cartridge's fuse was blown before installation?

I read all the very helpful posts above (I didn't know anything about the fuse before), and my new cartridge does have a fuse in it, but did nothing to stop the red blinking light or change the printout on the printer info when I installed it yesterday. It's as if the printer has no idea I put a new cartridge in.

Can you visually see if a fuse is blown?

by Anonymous on Apr 17, 2009 at 8:00am Add comment
I just had a thought - I hadn't turned the power switch off before installing my new cartridge. I just did that (turned it off, then on again), and voila, the counter is reset!!

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
by Anonymous on Apr 17, 2009 at 8:05am Add comment
For those of you going out to RadioShack to get a fuse. DO NOT BUY PART NUMBER 270-1002. It's a common fast-acting 1/4-amp fuse, that was the first choice from my salesman, but it's too large. It's 1.25 inches long and the holder on the cartridge is only about 0.75 inches (20mm) long. They came 4 to a pack for $1.99.
by Anonymous on May 6, 2009 at 10:48am Add comment
The 270-1046 fuse from RadioShack worked great. - Anonymous
I read the whole thread, but I'm still having troubles.

I have an ML 2240 printer. From the text, I must have close to the same cartridge, if its not identical.

I now have two toner cartridges, the starter and what I assume is "re-manufactured" one that I just received with a claimed capacity of 3000 pages.

The printer behaves the same way with both. The red toner light flashes, and the test page shows 10\% toner remaining with 520 of 700 pages printed. The page count increments when a test page is printed.

Before ordering the cartridge the printer would not print. Now it prints. This the case with BOTH cartridges.

BTW: Wish I had found this web site before I ordered the cartridge. But that's life
by LouArnold on May 12, 2009 at 8:03am Add comment
Can someone please send me a valid picture showing where the fuse is? I simply can not locate it......is there one on the original cartridge that comes with the printer?...or are they only on the new ones.

I have purchased the fuses and I am ready to go!

Thanks,

Beau
by beau00125 on Jun 4, 2009 at 7:07am Add comment
Hi,
bought new toner but the blinking red light remained. Printed test page, it has 800 count.
Prinds in faded colors.
Any sugestions?

Thank you
by unknown on Jul 6, 2009 at 5:08am Add comment
I have no suggestions for the faded colors. For the light, change the "fuse". See the thread for the type and radio shack (The Source/Circuit City) number. That should handle the page count.

I suggest you try the old cartridge again. If its an original you should get about another 700 pages out of it (for a total of 1500). If it is a previous large-sized replacement, then there may be some 2700 pages left.
by LouArnold on Jul 7, 2009 at 12:00am Add comment
I installed new fuse, reset the light, page count is 0, however light copies are still printing, despite full toner reading and in cartridge, any suggestions?
by dmort on Jul 10, 2009 at 7:48am Add comment
solved
by Almaz on Aug 22, 2009 at 2:39pm Add comment
hi this is yaswanth

the printer is printing light, faded documents because of the PCR Problem as its not getting charged properly. if any one has a problem regarding this please mail me
by Anonymous on Sep 15, 2009 at 5:54am Add comment
hi this is yaswanth

the printer is printing light, faded documents because of the PCR Problem as its not getting charged properly. you have to clean it properly when you are filling the toner in the cartridge. If any one has a problem regarding this please mail me
by Yaswanth on Sep 15, 2009 at 6:25am Add comment
what did I forget to clean, be more detailed, thanks. - Anonymous
You posted:
the printer is printing light, faded documents because of the PCR Problem as its not getting charged properly. you have to clean it properly when you are filling the toner in the cartridge. If any one has a problem regarding this please mail me

I have this problem after re-filling both the original and the replacement, please email solution

Thanks
Joe - Anonymous
How do I fix the PCR problem so it charges properly? My printer is printing too light. - Anonymous
Thanks to all about the info on refilling my toner. I was successful and it was easier then anticipated.

I have another question out of couriousity about the ml2510.

Whenever I turn my printer on, it evidently draws a high amperage to do a fast heat of the fuser, but it results in the overhead room light then blinking on and off. My UPS also will will peep as if there is a power interruption. I can;t leave my prionter plugged in as the amperage reccyles every 15 seconds or so this my lights dim every 15 seconds or so.

The printer is plugged into a wall socket, not the UPS, and the UPS is plugged into a different wall socke. Evidently both wall sockets are on the same circuit. The only other thiong on the circuit are a 19 ' tv that ois seldom on, and the 20 lcd monitor I use, plus my laptop. It is not like I have a dozen items using electricty.

Has anyone else experienced this immediate draw of amperage that make the rooms light s blink on and off. It is similar to if I hada power sag . My home is 4 years old, and I watched them do the electrical when I had it built, but I never expected this to happen... anyone have this issue?

thanks in advance,
Toetag
by unknown on Oct 2, 2009 at 8:35pm Add comment
Toetag,

the downside of laser printers is that they draw a lot of energy to heat the element. It is best that you do not leave it on all the time as you will notice an increase, all be it slight, in your electrical bill.

See this for an example of this
http://forum.desktopreview.com/showthread.php?t=233354
here in you can see that running an HD TV takes about 225 W full on brightness, while a Gaming PC takes 250 W. This printer for comparison uses 500 at idle (just plugged in keeping it warm) and 800 while in use.

Now you ALL know. - unknown
I am an electrician. I just checked the load figure on the ML2510 sitting right next to me. There is a heater in the printer that takes a fair slug of juice; 5.5 amps which is about 600 watts.

That won't make your lights blink.

My bet is you have a loose connection in the wiring or even possibly an intermittent short.

If I were you I would disconnect everything in that room and call an electrician. Theoretically a short should kick a breaker but if it is intermittent or there are loose connections pulling an arc, heating could lead to a fire. Of course the scheme of wiring systems is to enclose and prevent a fire but don't bet on it.

Get it checked.

Jack Jersawitz
404-892-1238 - Anonymous
I have replaced the toner cartridge in my newer ML-2510 printer. The quality is terrible. It looks like they forgot to fill the new toner cartridge. I did take out the cartridge thinking that I forgot to remove a shipping (protection) tape of some kind and shook the cartridge. It continues to come out very light, especially in the middle. HELP????
by unknown on Oct 14, 2009 at 8:21pm Add comment
The fuse holder is on the cartridge itself, back left side, at the top, there is a plastic "clip" that you press it in to to hold it.
by Anonymous on Nov 2, 2009 at 11:19am Add comment
Printer working fine besides toner cartridge running out. I swapped out cartridges and now light is solid red. I tried different combinations of toner cartridges with fuses (the one that came with new one and even replaced with the one on the cartridge that was working fine). The kicker is this: when i put the old toner (with old fuse) back in there to eke out a few more pages, the solid red light remained. power down and reboot, still solid. unable to print. Any thoughts?

by jpm on Nov 10, 2009 at 7:36pm Add comment
OK,

So quite a few folks have asked how to solve the light printing problem. I have encountered this as well.

I have done the fuse thing... Also refilled cartridge. Just prints too light like it is toner saving mode. Some folks have eluded that it can be fixed, but not posted the fix as far as I can see...

Can someone please tell us how to fix the problem? I know, replace the cartridge with a new one... Don't want to do that, want to fix the issue with the one I have

Thank you so much to anyone who posts the fix!
by tederov on Nov 12, 2009 at 4:40pm Add comment
Well, here is the latest on the light/faint printing problem...

Read a post somewhere else and found my solution to the faint/light printing problems...

Needed to empty ALL of the toner out and refill again. Seems that I had NOT emptied all of the old toner out before refilling. Bad choice... The original toner and the refill toner are not "compatible" so it prints lighter/does not fuse properly etc.

After emptying completely and refilling, printing darkness is about normal. :)

Just wanted to update you all... - tederov

the printing is light because of the PCR Problem. clean the PCR when you refill the cartridge with distilled water or non ionised water from one side to the other side. not up and down.only one way.it should be perfect black. if you still have doubts mail me to yaswanth.aluri@gmail.com.

will help you surely

- Yaswanth
I looked at my toner cartridge and I saw that there was no fuse there. The reason a lot of people can't find the fuse is because the starter cartridge which comes with the printer has the fuse removed but I think you can still put in the fuse in since there is that plastic clip previous posts talked about. All you have to do is to look for a plastic clip where you can stick in a small fuse don't look for the fuse itself because you won't find it on the starter cartridge look for the fuse holder.

I'm also interested about cleaning and preping the cardridge for a refill. What do I have to clean?
by unknown on Nov 14, 2009 at 7:49pm Add comment
Thank you very, very much everyone!!
by unknown on Nov 23, 2009 at 6:28pm Add comment
I just replaced my toner cartridge on my ML 2510 and red light still flashes and cartridge count didn't reset to zero. I put a new fuse in my new cartridge and it still blinks red. Any help??
by unknown on Nov 25, 2009 at 2:29pm Add comment
Here's some information and photos about replacing the Fuse

http://www.taiga.com/~m_m/printer.html

by unknown on Dec 2, 2009 at 7:26am Add comment
Toetag,

The problem with your lights dimming concerns me a little. The only way an incandescent light will dim is if it’s getting less than 120V. What concerns me is that the voltage should never drop on any outlet - no matter how much load you put on that circuit.

Voltage drop in a circuit is a function of the current and resistance as described Kirchhoff’s Voltage Law (KVL). Namely, V(voltage drop) = I(current) x R(resistance), or more commonly just: V=IR. If a light is dimming when one device in the circuit is drawing a lot of current, it would lead me to beleive that there is resistance in the wiring of your house - there shouldn’t be any measurable resistance in any wires in any part of your house.

Resistance can be caused by things like a frayed wire, a poor connection in a junction box, or failing or corroded breaker - the kinds of things that start fires.

You might find it helpful to use a hydrodynamic analogy to visualize the components involved. Think of a garden hose as the wire, the water as the current, the water pressure (at both ends of the hose) as the voltages, and any kinks in the hose (or even the diameter of the hose) as the resistance.

Just for fun, for those extra credit students the hydrodynamic analog of a Capacitor can be visualized by imagining the diameter of the hose expanding (like a balloon) when the water is turned on. To visualize an Inductor imagine the hose actually stretching in length when the water is turned on.

Bet ya didn’t know that :)

Afro.
by afrosonic on Dec 7, 2009 at 8:42am Add comment
i have created a step by step manual and i dont know where to post/how to post it on the internet so every one see it and enjoy how easy it is with out your problems. i covered all the possible reasons in it also as i am basically a cartridge tech. know almost all printer cartridge.
by Yaswanth on Dec 8, 2009 at 2:41am Add comment
What exactly is the PCR that needs to be cleaned?
by Anonymous on Dec 8, 2009 at 5:15am Add comment
I know this does not concern this forum, but I am having a problem with my multi function Brother MFC 8460N. The screen message is "Paper Jam Inside" and I already followed all instructions - it doesn't exist a paper jammed inside. I have been looking for a similar forum concerning the Brother, but haven't been lucky. This forum is the best and have solved me my situations with the Samsung. Any of the experts in this forum knows anything about the Brother MFC 8460N or can provide me with a link? Thanks!
by LuzNan on Dec 8, 2009 at 12:59pm Add comment
How do I clear the message "Paper Jam Inside" from the LCD display in Brother MFC 8460N.
Description:

To clear paper jams, please follow the steps below.

1. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.

2. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.

3. Hold down the lock lever on the right and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.

Take out the jammed paper if there is any inside the drum unit.

4. Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.

5. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.

6. Close the front cover.

hope this helps you out.
by Yaswanth on Dec 10, 2009 at 12:12am Add comment
what are you trying to ask. be specific please
by Yaswanth on Dec 10, 2009 at 1:58am Add comment
To Yaswanth: I do appreciate your help. Thank you for your reply to my post. As I noticed
that you know about these equipments, I want to share with you what I did to
solve the situation, although perhaps it is only temporarily. I already took
out the drum and checked for any jammed paper so many times that I knew there
was nothing wrong with it. Also, I opened the back part and also checked for
any paper, the same with the paper tray. I turned it off and on many times.
Well, I turned it off yesterday and turned it on today and, don't ask me how,
but it is working. I would like to say that it was because many copies were
made and it was hot or something, but that won't be true. So, I can't explain,
but it is working now. Thank you!
by LuzNan on Dec 10, 2009 at 3:38pm Add comment
I have my printer connected to both a pc and a mac with their own factory drivers installed. When I print on the mac, I have no choices, odd or even pages, amount of pages, selection only, etc.but have them on the pc, any suggestions *Mac driver is 1.19 from samsung.
please email me

Thanks
Bob (pazerbob@comcast.net)
by unknown on Dec 14, 2009 at 8:13am Add comment
cleaning the roller as someone mentioned earler does not solve the light printing issue.
by Anonymous on Dec 25, 2009 at 7:54am Add comment
What is the red light that keeps flashing?
by Anonymous on Dec 26, 2009 at 9:39am Add comment
Just go back to the start of this thread. We already solved that issue with the help of the experts on this site.
by LuzNan on Dec 26, 2009 at 4:16pm Add comment
(I'm famous! That was me quoted on 4/11/09 (emptying the waste))

Thanks Yaswanth for the pointers on correcting the problem with faint print.

I have removed the waste collector from the top of the cartridge and can see a small black rubber roller that is pressed against the back of the green drum. At the right end there is a metal contact which would allow the printer to charge the roller and thus the drum. Is this the PCR?

How do I clean it? I expect that getting water on the green drum will damage it... so is the process something like this?

-start-
Clean a stripe
...wipe with a damp cloth from one side to the other
...dry that stripe
...should be perfect black
rotate the roller slightly
-repeat until complete-

Can I use ethanol or isopropyl alcohol? Should I put a plastic shield between the PCR and drum while I'm doing it?

Thanks.
by unknown on Feb 23, 2010 at 4:18am Add comment
I tried that before and it makes no difference at all
by unknown on Feb 23, 2010 at 4:36am Add comment
whomecheap, I don't know what you are trying to do with cleaning the drum and the PCR. Cleaning the PCR won't do much if anything. The drum gets cleaned by the drum wiper blade so you're pretty much wasting your time cleaning that.
by moe on Feb 23, 2010 at 10:03am Add comment
On 12/8/09 Yaswanth said that light printing can be caused by a PCR problem, and that the way to clean it was to wipe it with distilled water. He was very convincing.

I have a cartridge marked "bad" that I recall setting aside due to faint printing. I took it apart tonight, blew out the loose toner under the waste collector, and wiped the PCR with 70\% isopropyl alcohol.

I can't say if it worked though. A test print revealed that /that/ cartridge was the one with the marks on the drum.

While I had it apart, I noted that there is a metal plate with a strip of clear plastic screwed to the underside of the waste container - the wiper blade I presume. Removing the two screws opened the waste container wide open for easy dumping.

I wouldn't try to clean the drum until it was the very last resort before recycling the cart. I didn't think it would do anything but cause problems with the coating.

This is the best fix your own printer website I've ever seen. Thanks to you all. (Radio Shack tomorrow to kill my red light).
by unknown on Feb 23, 2010 at 8:18pm Add comment
Can someone tell me how to fix this 'gear stripping' noise? The printer is not now printing.
by unknown on Mar 18, 2010 at 5:07pm Add comment
Hi All...
Refilled and all working well, except for the flashing red led...
Like the post 3 previous to this one, I used the 315ma fuse from
Radio Shack but my light will not clear.... I have tried (2) so
far without any luck... Any chance they changed the fuse value
on newer ml-2510's ? Or is there any other way to reset ?
Also, will the printer quit after it gets to 1000 pages on the starter
cartridge....
Thanks again for all the help !
by Anonymous on May 10, 2010 at 7:06pm Add comment
Cannot print because door open. What is the problem. Please help
by Victoria Phillips on Jul 20, 2010 at 2:24pm Add comment
I am having the same problem. I had a paper jam, but I cleared it. Then grinding of the gears, which required me to open the entire assembly. Everything was put back together and was ok, but then (1) I lost a screw in the underside assembly in a gap where the circuit board sits (not sure if this is posing a problem) and (2) a small, black plastic piece fell out when I inserted the toner cartridge. The plastic piece was square-ish, seemed to be a tab on the toner catridge with a raised circle in the middle. Now, when I go to copy, a "door open" fault comes up on the menu screen, though the door is closed. Please help! - Bengali_Tyger
WTF is all the hullabaloo about the blinking red light!?! I've been merrily printing along for months w/nary a care in the world about "no stinking red light"...

I think the secret to longevity of your cartridges is....don't run low on toner! I refilled a new "compatible" after 1700 pgs and kept up that routine for 6500 pages before it finally printed my contracts too faintly/streaked!!

Now I'm gonna try yaswanth's "deconstruct" it yerself tips and see how many more pages I can get from that green drum(?) Saved me a ton of money! thnx to each and everyone of Y'all.

PS I love the 2510 its a hella work horse!

PPS anyone know how to reset the chip on an SCX-4623, I lept into that one not realizing the earlier version uses the same cartridge as the 2510, booiiingggg!
by col Kurtz on Aug 19, 2010 at 2:11am Add comment
The toner kit from TonerKing LLC www.1010saving.com
worked well for me. Had a fuse and more toner than the drum could hold along with halfway decent instructions. But their description of where to put the fuse weren't as good as those found here.

Did find that having a bottle of compressed air was VERY useful to clean off the cartridge after filling. The toner does have a tendency to get every where. You can find the compressed air at any electronic or computer store. Just need something dry to blow it all off with.
by jjefferies on Sep 18, 2010 at 12:07pm Add comment
i try to put in 0.1a fuse, 0.15a fuse, o.25a fuse and even larger 0.5a fuser all blow up in samsung ml-2510. but, the red light still blingking and the test print still telling me in the same result, which is 500pages to go. any other method to reset it? please let me know. thanks.
by benkoh76 on Nov 20, 2010 at 10:27pm Add comment
I replaced the fuse but my printer still doesnt work. I get a quick flashing red and green light. The pirnter turns on but wont print. Help!
by iworktoplay on Dec 5, 2010 at 11:46am Add comment
SUBJECT: Samsung ML-2150 "Invalid Toner" error message, faulty chip set, reset counter on an ML-2150D8 cartridge.

ISSUE: Purchased two Samsung ML-2150D8 toner cartridges. These are brand new, never used, in sealed original bags, matching serial numbers on bags and catridges......both get "Invalid Toner" message when installed in my ML-2150-XAA monochrome laser printer.
Printer driver updated. Power cycled printer. Cleaned contacts on side and front of new cartridges and inside printer. No change.
There is no error message with the existing toner cartridge when it is re-installed (and its been re-installed many times today).....the printer works just fine with the old cartridge. My existing toner cartridge is a re-mnufactured Samsung 8k cartridge.

SOLUTION: I swapped out the chip set between my existing toner cartridge and one of the new cartridges. The new cartridge now works using my old chip set. By the way, my existing cartridge with the chip set from the new cartridge now produces the Invalid Toner error msg.....so root cause of problem appears to be the chip set.

QUESTION: How do I reset the data on my old chip set to get full service life from my new cartridge?
I've read this excellent post several times and I know where to look for the fuse and what the fuse looks like BUT....the ML-2150D8 cartridge (and I have 3 of them now) does not appear to have an external fuse nor an external fuse holder.

Thanks for any help on this question.....Mav
by maverick.ca on Jan 9, 2011 at 8:43pm Add comment
I have two ML-2510's. Love them!! (FYI - I recently completed the 'WD-40 rubber rejuvenation'. It works great!.)

The issue:
I have been using compatible cartridges & only get the 'red light' when there is a paper jam or low paper. Never get the red light due to 'toner' issues. The toner cartridge seems to just run low on toner (not sure how many pages print) and begins to print lighter.

My Questions....
1) Should I expect more life out of the cartridge?

2) Why don't I get the 'red light'? Should I be getting it?

3) How many pages should I expect from the compatible cartridges?

I just learned about the 'counter'. I'll keep my eye on the counter in the future.

Thanks.
by RG'sprinters on Jan 23, 2011 at 5:53am Add comment
buat share ajah bro
by unknown on Apr 22, 2011 at 9:29am Add comment
Hi. If you want to reset without a fuse, just make a bridge between the pin 1 and 4 of the chip 93c66wp, while you start the printer, once the printer start turn it off, end the turn it on again. I hope this helps.
by unknown on May 25, 2011 at 5:13pm Add comment
Hi, guys. All the help I have needed in the past for my Samsung ML-2510, has been through this forum. So I'm going again straight with you. I just bought a new IMAC, running OS 10.7.2 and there's no way of installing the printer drivers. I just want to know if I won't be able to use the ML-2510 in my new Mac or if there's some way that I can download a new driver. Thank you!
by LuzNan on Oct 19, 2011 at 8:32pm Add comment
EJBURR:
No one seems to have this problem. You seem to give the best answer. I hope you can do one more. Samsung ML-2510: Replaced the catridge from Amazon.(Fuse is there-only on the left side as you described it)Still this happens when turning on the the printer: Both lights blink this way: R(3)-G(1); R(8)-G(1);R(4)-G(1);&both lightup. This cycle starts again and go on. No printing. You said that fuse is inside the printer. I could not see since I am unable to open it fully.Is there another fuse inside the printer?If so, how to get to it? Pl. let me know Thanks for your excellent help.RP
by unknown on Oct 24, 2011 at 7:51pm Add comment
printer sumsung scx 4321 Lsu Arror
by unknown on Dec 25, 2011 at 4:38am Add comment
I was also having a problem with my low toner light flashing with a new cartridge in it. The cartridge had a fuse in it and all of them that I have bought had one. I looked up inside of the printer in the area where the fuse makes contact and there are two wires that protrude out that make contact with the fuse. They were slightly bent up, apparently form taking a cratridge in and out the wires got out of alignment with the fuse. I pushed down a little on them and flet them kind of snap into place and I inserted the cartridge and the light was off. I printed out a spec sheet the page count had been changed to zero.
by macbasser on Feb 8, 2012 at 8:39am Add comment
Does this fuse also work with Dell 1110?
by derek47 on Feb 13, 2012 at 10:07am Add comment
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I was here...the thread has been invauable to me.
I bought my 2510 about 3 years ago and exhausted the STARTER cartridge after 400 pages. Same time I found a discarded Samsung with the same cartridge.
I popped it in with a new Radio Shack fuse and it worked great for a while and ran out of toner. I filled it with toner and got another year out of it.
Now it's getting schutzy and the drum has a 1/8 inch diameter serious mark on it that makes a big black dot and I think the brushes aren't brushing weell anymore...time to go back to the dumpster where it was born.
No complaints: it was free.

The counter probably has about 2000 more pages to go before it "counts out."

So I thought I'd put some toner into the STARTER and pop it back in and give it a run for it's money.

My thinking is that the count on the starter without a fuse will be the same as the tossed out cartridge with the blown fuse.

Does that sound right to you?

I don't mind buying a remanufactured cartridge but if I get a couple hundred more pages out of the starter that will last me months, maybe a year. The best cost is a postponed one. :D
by zip2play on Nov 15, 2012 at 9:31am Add comment
Why do you want to reset the copy count?
by philly5706 on Dec 22, 2013 at 11:26am Add comment
I believe that is the reason for the blown fuses. - forest813
Is anyone able to respond and help to my questions and concerns from my original post of 22/12/2013?
by forest813 on Dec 23, 2013 at 8:23pm Add comment
counter reset is a fuse located in front of printer cartriage.. No you do not have to disassemble anything or take off screws.. its a plastic holder in front.. If starter cart then no fuse... its that small metal/glass 3/4 inch fuse... To refill then you have to remove side of cart. New ones have no screw but melted plastic to hold together so use small drill to remove or chisel off nib of plastic..

by lsfr3 on Feb 8, 2014 at 5:20pm Add comment
Samsung permits 3,000 copies (approx)to be printed on a toner cartriage. They say its to warn user that toner is used up. But really its to get you to buy there expensive toner. The fuse blows immediately and resets the machine counter to 0 indicating a new cartriage has been installed.. (newer machines use a more expensive chip on the cart.) The fuse in contact with 2 wires in the back of the machine resets the counter and then blows the fuse.. I have seen in one machine the 2 contact wires in the back of the printer to be mis alligned and does not contact the fuse properly but then it does not blow the fuse.. If the fuse blows then it should reset the counter.. The red flashing light can also indicate another problem so read the user manual. I have Been using toner refills for 10 years 3 different laser printer no problem much cheaper...
AGAIN IF U HAVE THE FIRST CARTRIAGE THEN THE FUSE IS MISSING SO YOU CANNOT FIND IT..(HAPPEND TO ME) FRONT UPPER CORNER 2 PLASTIC CLIPS TO HOLD FUSE... ALL REPLACEMENT CART. HAVE FUSE INSTALLED TO RESET COUNTER. - lsfr3
After viewing this I went to my local Radio Shack in Anaheim Hills, CA and purchased fast acting fuse #270-1047 pack of 4 1/2amp 250volt for $3.46. These fuses worked like a charm as the original was 63mA 250volt fast acting fuse.

Thanks everyone who contributed!

ps have another ML-2510 printer that prints lightly in one strip area of the paper. Tried a brand new cartridge and still the same...any ideas to remedy this??
by unknown on Feb 17, 2014 at 1:21pm Add comment

regarding the toner...when you remove the cartridge from printer there are 2 phillips head screws holding the plate on the right side...remove those 2 screws (1 on edge of cartridge and one near middle...remove plate...you'll find a rubber stopper under plate covering toner add hole...remove (in there very firmly so you may need something thin to start prying the stopper out...on an old newspaper or paper towels stand cartridge up and add new toner...careful not to overfill and have toner go all over the place...if so, shake cartridge a little, replace stopper and take outside or something and blow excess toner off (be careful, it is very fine powder and will get all over you)...replace plate and screws and put back in printer and you should be goo 2 go. Note: I have used same cartridge up to 2 or 4 times and then replaced cartridge completely...I have never changed a fuse (use your judgement). Let me know how this works.

by alvienus on Jul 30, 2016 at 10:49pm Add comment