unknown

asked Jan 1, 2004 at 6:32pm
Hp HP LaserJet 2200D

HP Laserjet 2200D Duplex Jam

Anyone have any idea why my HP Laserjet 2200D keeps jamming in duplex mode? Works fine as long as I do not duplex. It is fairly consistent - almost always jamming when the second page is fed in. When I clear the jam, the first page is about half way out of the printer and one,sometimes two pages are under the toner cartridge.

thanks
Hi,

Check this tread:
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/28556
I thinks it's the same problem I had.

Hope it can help.

Michel
by unknown on Apr 22, 2005 at 8:53am Add comment
You will also want to drop the duplex tray after removing the paper tray and look for any shreds of paper caught in there. That is the most common cause for duplex jams.
by dmzcompute on Apr 22, 2005 at 12:44pm Add comment
Welllll......

My 2200d duplexed fine until I took the back apart to check the fuser. After re-assembly, the paper stops on it's way back in to have the other side printed and the orange light comes on. The paper is feeding down the back toward the back of tray 2 but stops right above it. Removing the paper allows me to begin again.... with the same results. I feel like it's something I didn't do right in re assembly, not a bad part, but.....

Thanks to all,

Fred
by frady on Aug 28, 2005 at 1:04pm Add comment
So how do you expect us to figure out how you broke it? Why don't you download a service manual and figure it out for yourself? http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/hp
by moe on Aug 28, 2005 at 3:51pm Add comment
Hi Moe,

I already did that....I was hoping someone who knew about this would respond....

by frady on Aug 28, 2005 at 4:47pm Add comment
You need to follow Moe's suggestion. Download the manual, goto the removal and replacement chapter and remove the items again as the manual tells you to remove them. Then reassemble in the reverse order. Impossible for anyone to know what you did wrong if in fact you did anything wrong. Did you check the duplex unit itself just to make sure there is not a small piece of paper stuck there. You do that in the front after removing the paper tray.
by dmzcompute on Aug 28, 2005 at 5:48pm Add comment
OK....I fixed it....it had nothing to do with instructions or re assembly mistakes....more subtle than that.

The power supply board had bowed up slightly, such that the leftmost (from the back) goalpost like optical device (ps501) was up by 1/16" and was interfering with the rotation of the black "shade" mounted in the duplex guide. Since the "shade" would not rotate down out of the paper path, the paper stopped there. I put a spot of silicone adhesive under the left side of the board and it stayed down and solved the problem.

Sour grapes: If all this forum can do is tell us to "read the manual", then why bother. Why not take the time to focus our attention on our problem, such as "where the paper stopped" and lead us to a solution.....

Fred
by frady on Sep 4, 2005 at 7:33am Add comment
Fred,

First off I was not even going to respond to you "Sour grapes", however, the more I thought about it, the more I have to. First off you have the printer in front of you. We can not see it. Your description of the issue was it worked fine until I took off the back to check the fuser. Well logic would say to any tech and Moe and myself are techs with many, many years of experience who have probably together have worked on over 500 of your model printer that you reassembled someting wrong and to look in the service manual to see what you did wrong. The advice we gave you was sound. We at least have the service manual on this site. Try to get it from HP. Now as to what you say was the issue. I know in the over 250 HP 2200D printers I have serviced I have never seen what you describe. I have seen were if the guide unit was not mounted correctly you may have issues and my assumption now is that is in fact what you did wrong. The main board is not going to "bow up" just because you removed the back cover and guide unit. Its akin to you changing the tire on your car and then asking for help from someone when you say the wheel will now not turn. What a mechanic will tell you is to take it off again to see what you did wrong.
by dmzcompute on Sep 4, 2005 at 8:53am Add comment
I really find this one hard to believe. You really expected us to diagnose a "user input error"! That wouldn't be a problem with the printer in front of us. Even if we had psychic abilities, we couldn't figure it out by description alone. There is almost no way you can figure out how a person broke his printer reassembling it. Did you really expect us to diagnose a bent board? I've never, ever seen one. I have seen a couple that were broken because the printer was dropped.
Suggesting you download the service manual (which we provide free) is about the only thing we can offer. We could have suggested you take it in to a repair shop. Most do charge extra when the customer breaks it.
You really haven't got any reason for the "sour grapes" attitude. You didn't pay anthing for the advice so you have no reason to complain. You're lucky you didn't get charged for the service manual.
I suggest for future problems you go to the HP community forums at HP.com I'm sure you'll find the advice over there more to your liking.
by moe on Sep 4, 2005 at 1:01pm Add comment
You guys are mighty touchy when someone doesn't act just like you want....I hope you don't deal with people in person that way....You seem to have a "right" to your "opinion" but not I.....I think I'll leave You'all out of my future. (Come on Moe, say it....)

F
by frady on Sep 4, 2005 at 2:12pm Add comment
They did take time to lead you to a solution.

If I take a machine apart, and it is worse than when I started after I reassemble it, then I take it apart again and refer to the manual as I reassemble it so I can figure out what I did wrong.

The proper thing for you to do was follow Moe's advice, and if you didn't find anything wrong then ask for more help.

I resonded to a post yesterday where a person was on their fourth HP 7210, all the 7210's had ADF feed problems After I responded and let them know that they were the only poster I had ever seen with that issue they figured out the problem themself, and no sour grapes because I didn't figure out that their filing cabinet wasn't level.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/31592#2

I haven't worked on as many 2200's as Moe and DMZ, but I do have over 25 years experience in the Computer Maintenance field.

by Stephen on Sep 4, 2005 at 2:12pm Add comment
Hmm, Atlanta ip, but you don't exactly exude that southern charm. I'm guessing a transplant from NY.
I can just offer suggestions. You can either follow them or ignore them. If you think you know better than us, I really don't understand why you even bothered asking for help.
by moe on Sep 4, 2005 at 2:34pm Add comment
What we don't like is when we advise someone to do something, and then they don't want to take the advice they were given.

And when it's so obvious that the first step is to disassemble and reassemble, and you didn't try that before you posted... well, that makes us wonder what "magic" we are supposed to perform.

Anyone who has a problem that develops immediately after they work on a machine should first attempt to undo the problem they put on the machine, then they should ask for help.

Personally I'm very frustrated by people who read my advice, and answer one question I asked them, when I asked three questions, then I have to ask the two they didn't answer over, and they also don't tell me if they tried any of the procedures I gave them.

When the help is free, at least you should be really nice to the Technicians. I spend a couple of hours most days reading and answering posts, and doing research that in many cases the poster could have done themselves, and I get an occassional thank you, and that's all I get out of it. That's right, nobody pays me to do this, now if you want to pay the billable rate the company I work for charges I'll be happy to suck up to you, ($65 per hour), but for free it's vice versa.
by Stephen on Sep 4, 2005 at 6:26pm Add comment
Has the Manuals been removed from this site? as I can not find them at the above link.

My 2200D prints fine, but when printing, single side prints, that are 2 pages, it pulls the page back in and jams... but it also prints the 2nd page and that one gets jammed too.

BUT if I were to open the rear tray, it prints fine out to this tray.

Any suggestions to what might cause this?

Chris
by CBoug76 on Jun 22, 2006 at 10:01am Add comment
When you open the back tray you are defeating the duplex ability of the printer. Sounds like you may have a shred of paper in the duplex unit causing the jams. As I answered in the other post, you need to turn off the duplex option in the software driver on the computer and the printer will print each page individually.
by dmzcompute on Jun 22, 2006 at 2:14pm Add comment
CBoug76

Open your 2200D up and check the face down delivery rollers (Final Exit Rollers) If they are not clicked in properly the pages will be pulled in as if duplexing and then jam. I do not know why this is but I came across it at one of my training courses when a student gave themselves the same error.

Michael
by molsen on Jun 25, 2006 at 5:16pm Add comment
all the service manuals i can find cost money, are there any free ones?
by Anonymous on Jun 27, 2006 at 9:31pm Add comment
I have one of these Laserjet 2200D printers. Worked great for couple years, except when paper got damp. But now the duplexer jams every time, will print one copy both side ok, but if you print three, one starts coming out after both sides are printed, the other two are in the printer under the toner cartridge. One has printed on one side, the other has toner that is just being put on the paper. I have pulled it down, cleaned rollers, and it still does the same thing. Any help on the part that could need replacing would be welcomed.

Jay
by jay15248 on Jul 27, 2006 at 3:14pm Add comment
I have the exact same problem with my 2200D. I have reviewed the manual, cleaned all rollers (and even replaced the Tray 2 pickup roller thinking this was the problem), and am still getting duplex jams.

After reviewing various threads on this site from a couple years ago, it seemed that Michel suggested replacing the duplex pickup paper sensor and/or the power supply board, but then he also noted that the fix didn't last. So was the bottom line that the solenoid should be replaced?

I really just want to know which parts I should order ... I don't really want to try them all if I don't have to.

Thanks!
Trina - unknown
Orange light keeps blinking when set up for tray 2 and top tray is closed. Also tray 2 is not recognized in the printer setup options (has yellow on it) When I open tray 1 to use/manual feed the green light comes on & it prints fine. Any ideas? I have tried everything that has already been posted at many websites except replacing things. Too expensive.
by unknown on Jun 26, 2007 at 12:11pm Add comment
What? Wait, there are other websites? The printer does not know if the tray is installed or not as there aren't any tray switches. It can just tell if there is paper in the tray, that is done by an optical sensor and a pivoting arm. Pull the tray out and lift up on the black arm to the right of the pickup roller. The orange light should go out and the printer should go to ready. If that doesn't happen, the arm is probably out of place as we all know, the optical sensors never go bad...there are other websites? huh!
by moe on Jun 26, 2007 at 2:23pm Add comment
Dear sir

How to take print on bothsides of paper? please give the instruction or what option i select and take print.

Thanking you
by unknown on Oct 13, 2007 at 3:37am Add comment
Hi Trina,

I talked to my colleagues who works with printers and copiers a lot. One mentioned that the 2000 series laserjet are notorious for having printer jams with duplex. He mentioned that I should check the duplex solenoid first (HP Part No. RG5-5552-000CN).

I too have a 2200. :) I'll let y'all know how mines go.

Peace.
by Anonymous on Oct 14, 2007 at 7:20am Add comment
Perhaps my post for the 2300d might help you as well :-)

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/laser/47529

Sergio
by unknown on Dec 6, 2007 at 1:15pm Add comment
I'm starting to trouble shoot my LJ2200DN with optional 500 sheet 3rd tray installed; some duplex problems but more often multiple page feed and similar paper jam issues. I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever tried to recondition in place, rather than remove and replace, the various rollers (the wide one as well as the smaller paper pickup type) in these HP printers using a rubber cleaner/conditioner. The parts aren't all that expensive, I know, but the time to order them, to take things apart and swap in the new for the old, etc. can add up. Years ago at an auction I bought a bunch of computer cleaning supplies; sold off most of it because it was too much for my own use, but kept some items for both personal use and also because I was at the time rehabbing and selling IBM Wheelwriter typewriters and also Okidata dot matrix printers, both of which rely on a large rubber "platen roller". For those printers it was mostly a cosmetic issue, but I've used the same product, PerfectData brand "Platen Cleaner/Conditioner II", on some ink jet printer feed rollers and performance did seem to improve especially if the rollers were looking a bit dried out, "glazed", etc. I'm wondering if the same fluid might work on HP LaserPrinter rollers. The "Contents" are listed solely as "Butyl cellusolve (10-16\%) and isopropyl alcohol (3-6\%)." I know that doesn't add up to 100\% but no other ingredients, "active" or otherwise, are listed. The product is not on PerfectData's web site, nor are any MSDS's for it as they do for some other products. Anyway, if someone has any experience in this area I'd love to hear about it. In fact, for the first actual "pro" like Moe (whose advice I enjoy and have followed) who says they are interested, I'd be happy to donate and free-ship one of my one ounce bottles of this stuff for them to play with and then report back the results. This is not a sales ploy, I don't have any extra to sell and have no plans to buy a pallet of computer cleaning products ever again! Thanks!
by DDB on Nov 27, 2009 at 8:21pm Add comment
We sell our own Rubber Rejuvenator on the site. I've experimented with different fluids and this by far is the best. In my experience, the soft type of rubber used in the pickup rollers on this model, doesn't respond well in the long term to rejuvenation. What I've found it best for is the type of rubber in ADF feeders in the fax section of printers or the rollers used in inkjet printers. It also works well on the harder rubber in the exit sections of printers. In your case, you could probably benefit from the pickup roller kit and the multiple feed kit sold on the site. The parts do have to be replaced for long term solutions.
by moe on Nov 27, 2009 at 9:32pm Add comment
Thanks for the info. I was wondering whether a product designed to recondition hard rubber rollers (as in the platen in a dot matrix printer) might be too "harsh" for the softer type of rubber used in the pickup rollers in a LaserJet, and it sounds like your experience confirms my concerns. I'll check out your kits, compare them to some kits I'm 'watching' on eBay, and unless your kits (including shipping) are a lot more expensive (for what looks like comparable quality) than on eBay (with shipping) I'll go with yours. PS you can get a laugh out of looking at some maintenance kits for the 2100 and 2200 series now listed on eBay, some for over $200 -- they want more for a kit, where someone would have to tear down their old printer to do the rehab themselves with that kit, than people are selling guaranteed already-rehabbed entire 2200s for, including shipping! Some people look at what something used to sell for "MSRP" when it was "cutting edge" rather than yesterday's news, and just mark down the price by what may seem to them to be an impressive percent off the original price, without considering what the current market price might be.
by DDB on Nov 27, 2009 at 10:18pm Add comment
Most kits on eBay consist of cheap Chinese imitation parts and contain no instructions or any kind of support. You get what you pay for
by moe on Nov 28, 2009 at 7:23am Add comment
Wow! DDB really considers 15 minutes to replace rollers that valuable? I'd rather pop out & replace rollers any day then mess with goopy liquids that may get it to work for another couple days or weeks...
I have a user at a school district that has started roughing up tray rollers with sand paper (and wipes off the dust with alcohol so dust doesn't get in there) to stretch them till the parts come in. i'd rather do that then mess with chemicals that may or may not work.

Thanks for the info on the site -
I have a 2200 that is jamming at the black rollers after the fuser no matter how many times I take apart & re- assemble. I'm going to rip apart again now & check those rollers more carefully - figure that's the only thing I haven't checked. Fun stuff!
by unknown on Jun 3, 2010 at 1:32pm Add comment
I got it - it wasn't the black output rollers it was the gray rubber ones above that connect with the black rollers to push the paper out. The gray ones just snap in place and the white plastic snap had popped out of place.
Now I can get this off my bench - life is good.
by sam12587 on Jun 3, 2010 at 2:52pm Add comment
if you search for service manuals y finde some in these site:

http://findingpdf.com
by deathlessghoul on Jun 10, 2010 at 10:46am Add comment
We have two of these printers at work, one will print double sided the other won't. The one which does print both sides has a tick box option on the print menu under 'document options'. Could anyone help me to set up the other one to print both sides too?

Thanks in anticipation.
by jilliana on Jun 16, 2010 at 9:01am Add comment
If your duplexing is jamming when printing more than 2 pages then use the solenoid fix:

1. Download the HP 2200 service manual:
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/hp

2. Expose the duplexing solenoid by removing the formatter (there are parts that need to be removed first, including rear cover, front cover, control panel, top cover assembly).

3. remove the screw holding the duplexer solenoid. The solenoid will remain attached to the printer by a wire.

4. opening and closing the solenoid you will probably notice that it sticks. This comes from residues of silencer fabric which has deteriorated. Unhinge the retaining spring and clean the sticky parts of the solenoid, both sides. either leave it clean or attach something to dampen the solenoid 'click'...I used a small piece of electrical tape, but it wasn't necessary.
5. reassemble in reverse order.

You need a Phillips 2 screwdriver and a flat screwdriver. Working carefully it should take an hour. Keep the screws from each part of the disassembly organized to make reassembly easier.

Good luck.
by nimnar on Nov 24, 2010 at 10:02am Add comment
For anyone having duplex jam problems on Laserjet 2200:

DON'T jump straight to fixing the solenoids.

I had the duplex jam problem on my 2200dtn, and it was just the warped circuit board problem that above user FRADY had, that fixed with glue. I fixed with a wedged piece of champagne cork, to hold it down.

Again, to do the warped circuit board fix:

1) remove right panel
2) remove back panel
3) remove two screws on white curved plastic, and remove white plastic piece
4) place glue, or cork, to hold circuit board down where it should be (the circuit board has two light sensors, which can jam the sheet sensor if the circuit board is bent)
5) reassemble

good luck! hope this helps.
by pentium0 on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:15am Add comment
A few photos from fixing of this printer:

http://www.rozenek.com/english,733
by unknown on Dec 10, 2011 at 11:48am Add comment
K, I am old copier tech, now HP printer and copier tech, and today I fixed one of these with the duplex jam.

I was expecting to see some felt on the duplex solenoid, but there was none.

Furthermore, on the "white curved plastic" there are two plastic tapping screws, the hole for one of them was stripped.

I used a bit of tape around the screw threads and carefully screwed it back in.

I also cleaned the solenoid contact points, but as I said, there was no felt.

So, maybe another tech removed the felt?

Maybe the modified screw fixed it?

I also put an extra wrap on the sensor flag that is part of the "white curved plastic" piece.

What do you all use to fix stripped plastic screw holes?

I found this also;

http://11junk.com/jeffl/hp2200/hp2200.html
by dazebreak on Jan 29, 2013 at 6:51pm Add comment