unknownasked Jun 8, 2010 at 9:29pm
Canon Pixma ip3000- 5 orange flashes. How to fix ?
Did my own search for the cause of the problem but only info found was that 5 orange flashes mean problem with cartridge.
No info which cartridge or how to fix the problem…
Can someone give me some detailed guidance how exactly to eliminate these 5 orange flashes, please?
Thanks in advance!
If that doesn't work it may be that the waste ink tank is full. Try this ...
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
I have done all this, many times, but still saw 5 orange flashes. With great reluctance bought new printhead at cost of £70 but STILL doesn't work. Contacted Canon support who offered NO SOLUTION. Anyone any ideas please?
I have had the same issue with my Canon IP3000. I also purchased several printheads and that was a waste of money. Has anyone out there been able to solve this problem