unknown

asked Aug 28, 2008 at 9:47pm
Unknown Printer

fix ink system failure on hp printers

hey, with this document you will be able to fx the printer if you ever got a message like ink system failure 0x...
on hp printers

http://rapidshare.com

have a good day
Thank you very much
It worked like a charm on the first try...

VERY VERY MUCH APPRECIATED....

It was driving me nuts.....

Have a good day......
by unknown on Oct 29, 2009 at 1:47pm Add comment
This looks to be a rip-off. The RapidShare link is only accessible if you become a Premium Member. I wonder if the "solution" and endorsements are even real?
by unknown on Nov 12, 2009 at 9:37am Add comment
wow okay i cant understand why people would rather bitch about people bitching. not everyone is capable of navigating the web. the fact that the avg. person has even found this forum is a feat in of itself. here are the cliff notes for those who have trouble downloading from rapidshare.
the above document is for the following PHOTOSMART printers.

if your printer DOES NOT SAY "photosmart" on it and it does not contain Six (6) (magenta, light magenta, cyan, light cyan, yellow, black) then this will NOT help you.

if you dont know what your doing then dont do it. you risk more damage than there already is.

proceed at your own risk!!!

here i copied, and pasted the document verbatim (exactly as is)
please note that this appears to be a HP internal document so its highly confidential and if you are not an HP employee or owner of this document you must not read this and leave now. :)

***oh and one last thing i all of my inserted edits appear with " *** and end with ***" so pay attention and read it twice if you have to. ***

List of Actions for DMS/ASG Agents for INK SYSTEM FAILURE & ASSERT CODES (on HP PhotoSmart 6 ink products):

*** the following models are the only printers this will work on so if your printer is not listed move on now ***

Quick Hyperlinks: Photosmart C5100, C6100, C6200, C7100, C7200 & C8100 series products
Photosmart D6100, D7100, D7200, D7300, D7400 series products
Photosmart 3100, 3200 & 3300 series products
Photosmart 8250 series products

*** below is a pre-note describing the error codes that appear on the printer LCD screen. its trying to tell you they are not going to explain all the codes because theres only two ways to fix all errors ***

NOTE: "y" means any character can be in that position (0 thru 9 and A - F)

Photosmart C5100, C6100, C6200, C7100, C7200 & C8100 series products:

ASSERT CODES:
All Asserts beginning with "0xC05d" (in other words 0xC05dyyyy)

ACTION - Replace Unit: unit can not be recovered or is almost certain to fail again

ASSERT CODES:
All Asserts beginning with “0xC18A” (in other words 0xC18Ayyyy)

ACTION – *Reset IDS Hardware Failure (see below): try only ONCE to recover the unit [IF Unit is very cold (under 40F/5C), Allow Unit to Warm Up first] *** see note below***

*** thats important to let it warm up even if you are above 40F, you want the the room temp. to be at least 72F and if its not you need to let it warm up for at least 4 to 8 hours. think about the ink inside, as water warms up or (ink) it contracts and as it cools it expands.. if you have a clogged nozzle you want that liquid ink to be thin as possible. so i'd go as warm as 85-90F you have to also remember there are many layers of plastic the ambient air must penetrate so waiting as long as you can is crucial. but please do NOT get any bright ideas about setting some heat source directing hot air at the unit. that will ruin it. you must let it change temp. slowly. its a highly sensitive and complicated machine containing more computer parts than what we used to put a man on the moon. ***

ASSERT CODES:
All Assert Codes Beginning with "0xC19A" (in other words 0xC19Ayyyy)
ANY OTHER ASSERT CODE NOT LISTED ABOVE

ACTION - Attempt to Recover Unit Once: Use Normal ‘Assert’ Troubleshooting –see below....

Photosmart D6100, D7100, D7200, D7300 & D7400 series products AND
Photosmart 3100, 3200 & 3300 series products:

ASSERT CODES:
All Asserts beginning with "0xC05d" (in other words 0xC05dyyyy)
All Asserts beginning with "0xC18A" (in other words 0xC18Ayyyy)

ACTION - Replace Unit: unit can not be recovered or is almost certain to fail again

ASSERT CODES:
All Assert Codes Beginning with "0xC19A" (in other words 0xC19Ayyyy)
ANY OTHER ASSERT CODE NOT LISTED ABOVE

ACTION - Attempt to Recover Unit Once: Use Normal ‘Assert’ Troubleshooting –see below....
NOTE: there is no way to reset the IDS Hardware Failure in the field for these units

Photosmart 8250 series products:

ASSERT CODES:
ALL Assert Codes

Definitions/Solutions:

Normal ‘Assert’ Troubleshooting-
1. Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on.
2. Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges.
3. Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and the wall socket, then wait for one minute.
5. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
6. Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
7. Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
8. Print a Self Test to verify product is functional.
9. Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print from the computer.
10. If the error is still there replace the unit.

*RESET IDS HARDWARE FAILURE Method:
An “Ink System Failure” error message displays on the printer during initialization or setup. See the following picture:
Sample Error Message on product’s Front Panel display
Solution
The Following solution should ONLY be performed on Photosmart C5100, C6100, C6200, C7100, C7200 & C8100 series products having the specific “”Ink System Failure” Assert Codes:
All Asserts beginning with “0xC18A” (in other words 0xC18Ayyyy)
Do NOT perform this solution on any other assert codes or products NOT listed in this area.
The following steps MUST NOT be used more than one time on a unit. Verify from Case Notes, that a RESET has NOT already been performed on the unit. If this solution does not fix the problem the first time, replace the unit.

Steps:
1. Get the unit into the “Support Menu” by following the steps below according with the product, see the table below:
PhotoSmart C5100 Series
PhotoSmart C6100, C7100 & C7200 Series
A. - Press and hold the “left arrow” key.
B. - Press the “Setup” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release the “OK” button. A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Photosmart C5100

Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0616R) Photosmart C6100 & C7200

Photosmart C7100

Photosmart C6200 & C8100
A. - Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
B. - Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0616R) Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
5. Press and release the “OK” button.
6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
12. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
13. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
14. If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.

**** one last thing if all else fails try unplugging the power cable and waiting 1 min. then while holding down * 6 plugging it back in and if i can recall resets it to as if you 1st opened it from the box. ***

hope this helps everyone!

ciao,

-koocat
los angeles, ca
by unknown on Aug 7, 2010 at 11:05am Add comment
great info that worked great for me and my c7280
thanks
by Anonymous on Aug 29, 2008 at 9:02pm Add comment
Hi, How do you fix the above problem (ink system failer on hp c7280 printer.any help would be great. - brin
Worked for my C7280. I had almost given up. Thanks so much!!!
by Brownie54 on Feb 3, 2009 at 2:45pm Add comment
It worked!! We are so happy, thank you very very much!!
by moe2009 on Mar 17, 2009 at 10:14pm Add comment
THANKS ALOT,
I was almost hopeless but your guide really fix the 6 month old issue in just 10 minutes..

THANK you verymuch

keep up the good work
by unknown on Mar 18, 2009 at 6:52am Add comment
my hp c 7288 photosmart printer to fix ink system failure,please help me.
by unknown on Dec 2, 2009 at 12:36am Add comment
Hi i have an error message oxc18a0001 on my hp c7280 can any one offer some help?.
by DOCONNELL on Feb 10, 2010 at 11:20am Add comment
I don't understand why so many people do not see the obvious link at the top of the page. You click on it, click on the download button under the "free user" and it will download the document. Then you read it and follow the instructions for your model.
Oh, I just tried it and it works fine, so if it doesn't work for you, it's your problem so don't come back to this forum whining about how it wouldn't download or how the site is a rip-off like DelawareDave above.
by moe on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:56pm Add comment
I have a hp 7150 printer. an amber lite is blinking in the front of the printer under the top button. I am told this has to do with the ink cartridges. I replaced both cartridges (57 & 56). I've cleaned the contacts. I've turn it off, then turned it on, holding the power button and clicked the resume button 4 times. I've even offered to have sex with the stupid machine!!! What can I do . I need this printer to take my online college courses and I can't afford to buy another. HELP
by unknown on Mar 10, 2010 at 2:43pm Add comment
Wow, it was so easy. Don't worry about the download. It tells you exactly what to do. It is ligit! Just click the free button and download. It really is that easy.
by unknown on Apr 6, 2010 at 3:39pm Add comment
printer hp c5180 error 0xc18a0507. help me.
by unknown on May 20, 2010 at 11:58am Add comment
Thanks a lot. I have hp6280 with the 0xc18a0101 error, and I could fixed. tnx again.
by blondu on Jul 10, 2010 at 5:21am Add comment
thank you moe!
by unknown on Aug 3, 2010 at 11:42am Add comment
the problems we ahve is Photosmart C7180
when its turn on, the display shows
0xc19a0006
it has #2 ink cartridges.
followed the above link..but this is not include the 006 code.
ideas?
customer told us to ditch it! but giving it the college try.
by unknown on Aug 3, 2010 at 12:30pm Add comment
my Printer No.: HP C7288 All In One Printer

Error:0xc19a002
What can I do in this printer
Please Send me a reply as soon as possible minutes
because ihad more pending works in Printer
by unknown on Apr 3, 2011 at 6:21am Add comment
Thank you so much for the instructions. This worked like a charm on my C7250. Whew!!!!
by unknown on May 11, 2011 at 4:11pm Add comment
Thank you so much this is applicable on the HP Photosmart C7288 All in one printer.This will fix this error.Thanks once again.............
by unknown on Oct 9, 2011 at 11:17pm Add comment
Just posting the model number so this thread will show up in searches.

Read through the posts for the instructions.
by Stephen on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:29am Add comment
@koocat
thank you so much, your post helped me! the printer is fixed! :)
by unknown on Oct 22, 2011 at 9:07am Add comment
thanks so much.. i was about to throw it out the window and go buy a new one!
by unknown on Oct 27, 2011 at 1:59pm Add comment
The RESET IDS HARDWARE FAILURE Method worked great for my C7280. Thank you so much!

NOTE if you have a C7280 though, the instructions for the C7200 Series never displayed the responses expected on MY printer, but the instructions for the Photosmart C6200 & C8100 did. Following them on my C7280 solved the problem.
by unknown on Feb 3, 2012 at 5:30pm Add comment
OMG! This works!!! I have been pulling my hair out for months. Sometimes it would take up to an hour for my HP C5180 to get ready to print. It kept doing some mysterious internal setting and resetting. I was about to trash it and buy a new printer. I am so glad I caught this blog. I have always liked the printer and was so sad when it went bonkers. Now I'm happy! Thanks for the fix!
by unknown on Feb 7, 2012 at 3:16pm Add comment
This totally worked!!! I have the Photosmart C6100. I had tried everything recommended by HP online and nothing fixed the problem. I'm not very tech savvy but I just followed the steps. Yay! Thank you!
by unknown on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:53pm Add comment
You have provided great information that helps to fix the printer. Thanks for sharing!
by WinfieldZenith on Mar 13, 2012 at 4:15am Add comment
My c7280 all of a sudden is spraying ink on inside bar where the thingy goes back and forth on ??? now it will not print at all . NO CODES displayed ?? HELP
by rog903 on Mar 16, 2012 at 6:36pm Add comment
Like an earlier contributor who had a C7280, I followed the directions for the C6200 and C1800 and it worked like a breeze. Thanks guys, I reckon you have saved me a $350 as I was about to drive over it like the guy in the youtube video
by unknown on Sep 24, 2012 at 12:05am Add comment
I have the printer and sent the following message: error 0xc18a0001. Can you help; Thanks
by filosofiki1986 on Feb 27, 2016 at 8:19am Add comment
I have the printer hp photosmart c7280 and sent the following message: error 0xc18a0001. Can you help; Thanks
by filosofiki1986 on Feb 27, 2016 at 8:21am Add comment