asked Aug 10, 2004 at 11:59am
Hp HP OfficeJet OfficeJet

HP Officejet Pro 1150C - Scanner Bulb

HP will not sell me the scanner bulb. They want me to send the machine in for service. I want to replace the bulb. Where can I buy it?

I went to HP Parts Surfer and looked up the part you want.

C5300-60106 Scanner carriage assembly - Includes lamp

As you have probably guessed the lamp does not come seperatly. And the Scanner carriage assembly is no longer supplied.

Welcome to the world of technicians. We deal with this everyday on 1 to 10,000 different kinds of machine. Suggest that you put that part number into your search engine and see if any one has it in stock. Or if you can find a machine on Ebay for cheap. Sorry I could not be more help.


by Mike B on Aug 10, 2004 at 9:22pm Add comment
Go here and select the best fit. Please let me know if one of these aftermarket RGB cold cathode fluorescent lamps will work.
by Bert on Aug 10, 2004 at 9:32pm Add comment
Mike: I did a google and found only the assembly listed but no stock.

Bert: I only need the bulb. I looked at the PDF you sent. Now I have to figure which bulb to select.

Thanks to all.
by unknown on Aug 11, 2004 at 5:38am Add comment
I've been looking and looking but drawing blanks.

My last look:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not have this lamp. Lamps for HP products are usually custom made for their units and protected by contract with the lamp manufacturers. Even if the lamp were still available, we would not have authorization to buy and resell the lamp. Sorry we can't help.
Best regards
Liz Congero
Aamsco Lighting, Inc.
(813)654-7339 ext. 5

Any more ideas? I can't be alone with this simple issue.
by unknown on Sep 3, 2004 at 7:53am Add comment
I have the same scanner and the same problem. So I took the bulb out of an old scanner I had and turned it on. Still get the message that the bulb is failing even though the bulb is clearly on. Then I read that most the time it's not the bulbs that go bad it is the inverter. So where do you get the inverter board for this over priced paper weight?
by Susan on Sep 4, 2004 at 12:07pm Add comment
Yeah I paid CAN 1000 for this boat anchor in 1997.
HP is like all the rest: older than a couple of years it becomes a "legacy" machine which always means no parts and no help.

Not sure here if it is bulb or power supply.

Pxx off thing is that the bulb is a big HP secret.

by unknown on Sep 5, 2004 at 4:23pm Add comment
Ive just bought one of these without software or any disk. Please can anyone inform me what I would need in total to print, scan and copy under my win xp system
Yours with thanks
by unknown on Feb 21, 2005 at 2:46pm Add comment
The driver is included with XP. If XP does not detect the printer and install the driver, go to Add Printer.
by Bert on Feb 21, 2005 at 3:45pm Add comment
Dear Bert
Thank you for this .I presume the win xp driver will run the printing function of the machine. Please may I ask if additional software and drivers need be added to scan, and if so, what software and drivers ?
Yours with kind regards
by unknown on Feb 22, 2005 at 7:53am Add comment
call, 1-800-462-6279 they have it.!!!
by unknown on Nov 2, 2006 at 9:13am Add comment
Who are they?
by Stephen on Nov 2, 2006 at 9:22am Add comment
HP, DIRECT ME TO THEM. $ 129.00 US. - Anonymous
by unknown on Nov 2, 2006 at 9:30am Add comment
Accidently, broke the power ribbon that one can see thru the glass when the top lid is open...It needs replacing...
by regregory on Sep 29, 2014 at 9:25pm Add comment
Have the above listed printer...I have damage the operating ribbon that one sees when the lid is open...Need to know how,
where & who may have a usable one...Richard Gregory; Evans,Ga.
by regregory on Oct 12, 2014 at 6:33pm Add comment