unknown

asked Jan 20, 2004 at 11:03pm
Unknown Printer

Canon S9000 - Used Ink Tank

Does anyone have any idea how to clean out the Canon S9000 used ink tank. I am getting an error messag that reads: " The used ink tank is almost full". Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,

Peter
[email protected]
david-brown....I couldn't remember what happened, so I went through the proceedure with my 9900. same code works for it..
Disregarding the message that appears on your monitor, what actually happens with the printer. Does the green light flash and then get steady as described in code? If it does, just go on through the rest of the code sequence and don't worry about the error message. A friend, who is a computer tech, explained to me that the computer has a finite number of messages programmed into it, so even if the message doesn't really fit the situation, it is the closest one it can find. When the error message pops up, have you opened the "faxes and printers" box. Don't. Also, since you have done so much cleaning, those colors my be empty. Try replacing them and then run the code again. Cleaning uses a lot of ink. Also, I had to use a pin to gently pull the little sponge back up to it's correct height. Just be careful not to pull it apart.1
by joanagan on Jul 12, 2005 at 1:51am Add comment
My S9000 printer stopped working and was flashing the 8 orange flashes followed by one green flash; the code for used ink tank full (the used ink tank is actually a tray formed by the bottom of the printer that contains a 19” X 4”X 5/8” thick pad that absorbs the ink that misses the paper during printing or is ejected during cleaning cycles) It is reached by pushing a small screwdriver into the six slots (two at the back, two on the sides, near the back and two at the front edge) to release the outer case as mentioned above. The outer case lifts off up and forward. Be sure to unplug the USB and power cords first. If you start this process with three or four small screwdrivers and leave them wedged in as you work from the back to the front the case will not re-close on you.

The pad can be removed for emptying and cleaning by removing the printer mechanism. This is easily accomplished by removing three Philips head screws from the left end of the mechanism and two from the right. These screws are the ones that hold the printer mechanism to the base, do not release the screws that hold the mechanism together. Have a small sturdy ~3” high support handy to rest the left end of the mechanism on after you lift and rotate it. It does not come clear out of the plastic base since several power supply wires link it with the power supply that is built into the plastic baseplate. Just lift it up a few inches and rotate it clockwise to expose the large waste ink pad built into the baseplate tray. Using rubber gloves pick up the pad and place it in a 5 gallon bucket of water with a few drops of detergent. Gently squeeze the water through the pad and squeeze it out. Three buckets of water is enough to get it to where very little more ink is coming out. It is best to do this messy step outdoors. Then squeeze it flat with an old towel and hang it to dry overnight. The small sponge at the left end of the mechanism, the long one in the center of the print track and the head cap pad all drain into the large pad at the bottom of the printer. It is not necessary to clean these, the ink just moves through these areas to the waste-tank tray pad. Re-assembly is just the reverse of the above steps. Make sure both the waste ink tubes are positioned into the hole in the waste ink pad. Apply the reset code from Alan (above) and you are ready to go for another year or two. (Many thanks to Alan for the reset code). This process takes an hour or so to complete, not counting the time it takes the waste ink tank pad to dry.
by mikeTt on Aug 4, 2005 at 4:59pm Add comment
Canon S9000 - Waste ink "bottle" full error message.

Consumable Philosophy: If you can get $1200 per litre for ink then perhaps $600 per square metre for felt is a bargain!

In the base of the printer, under then engine is a well for "waste" ink. It appears that the counter associated with this error message is incremented by turning the printer on.

I have read about users who receive this message a few time per year. My S9000 is a few years old and has done lots of volume work, (all with non-genuine ink at one third of Canon's prices.) I rarely turn the printer off so the notion that the counter increments and power up/down seems to be correct.

I took the blotter pad out and washed it, dried it, reinstalled it and reset the counter very easily, thanks to the reset instructions I found on this site, reproduced hereunder.

You will need:

Small blade screwdriver
Small Phillips head screwdriver
Rubber gloves
An empty 1.25 litre plastic drink bottle
A stable working surface with lots of newspaper to control ink spills
A wawhing area that can handle ink spills.

Disconnect the printer.
At the back you will see a small removable cover recessed and holed for the USB connector. Slip the screwdriver into the small slot at the base of this cover and release the locking latch. Remove the cover.

You will see another six such slotted locking latches. The two the back work exactly the same as the cover you just removed. The others are just a friction type fit and require only a small pressure to release.

When you have release all six clip/locks the entire cover will lift off.

The engine assembly is held into the case by phillips head screws ( four, I think). One at the rear left, two holding a small bracket at the front left and one holding a similar metal bracket at the fronf right. I always take a photo of these points to be sure I can reassemble correctly.

With the correct screws removed the engine assembly will lift clear of the base, reveling the felt blotting pad. Put on your gloves and remove the pad.

Cut the base from the plastic drink bottle. Roll up the blotter pad and insert it into the cut down bottle.

Put the bottle (with blotter inside) under the water supply and let cold water run through the bottle neck and through the blotter pad.

After a few minutes the water should run clear.

If you have a few old towels or absorbent rags you can press the excess moisture from the pad to accelerate drying. Be sure not to distort the pad.

Dry the pad in the sun or wherever heat will not be excessive.

When the pad is dry put it back into the printer and re-assemble.

GENERIC “S” SERIES RESET CODE. (Worked on my S9000)

Waste Ink Counter Reset.

(1) Turn off the printer.

(2) Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.

(3) Release the RESUME button, Next press and release the RESUME button two(2) more times in succession. Note:

you are still holding the POWER button). The printer's carriage will “reset" or move momentarily.

If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the "Service Mode".

(4) Press the RESUME button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp will alternate (change) color with each key press.
by Anonymous on Aug 24, 2005 at 9:45pm Add comment
Hi Peter, I saw a load of postings on this topic last year and the best place to go is www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

there's a section at the very bottom of this page which should help.

by Ian on Jan 28, 2004 at 6:21pm Add comment
The neilslade.com page no longer exists. Any other ideas?
by Alan on Jul 22, 2004 at 10:53pm Add comment
If you send me a fax number I will fax you the Neil Slade article that shows you how to clean the used ink tank (think big sanitary napkin) and how to reset the printer so it knows that the tank is empty.

Dennis Nusser - Anonymous
Alan,

I took my printer to a local service center. They replaced the pad and cleaned the printer. Cost me $150.00. Plus $95.00 for a new print head. Moral of the story buy cheap printers that you can us the WeInk camel system with and when the printer needs the maintenance throw it out and buy a new printer. Thants my plan for the future. Canon will not sell you a new pad neither will they give you the reset code. Besides I have concluded its not worth the effort.

Good luck,

Peter
by unknown on Jul 23, 2004 at 6:16am Add comment
Peter,

Thanks for the input.

I found some instructions for cleaning the tank elsewhere on this board. It's worth a try. If it doesn't work, I have a tech guy that does it for about $80. But paying anything to have it done twice a year is ridiculous. I wish someone had told me about the high cost of maintaining this thing before I bought it. My next printer won't be a Canon.
by Alan on Jul 23, 2004 at 9:48pm Add comment
Alan,

That is what I thought at first also. And, Ilike you I purchased mine believeing it would be a work horse. -- NOT! However, Canon still makes one of the best printers. The way I see it we accept the ink jets for what they are - disposable printers. I factor in the life expecancy of the printer over a set period of time. Set aside funds for a new one and go balls to the wall with my printing. When the head goes bad or it requires servicing its time for the trash can and buy a new one. No rocket science here. I also use bulk inking systems for my printers. Saves a tremendous amount of money over the cartridges. Buy my systems from WeInk.com They are great to deal with and very techncal skilled.

Peter
by unknown on Jul 23, 2004 at 10:31pm Add comment
Alan,

That is what I thought at first also. And, Ilike you I purchased mine believeing it would be a work horse. -- NOT! However, Canon still makes one of the best printers. The way I see it we accept the ink jets for what they are - disposable printers. I factor in the life expecancy of the printer over a set period of time. Set aside funds for a new one and go balls to the wall with my printing. When the head goes bad or it requires servicing its time for the trash can and buy a new one. No rocket science here. I also use bulk inking systems for my printers. Saves a tremendous amount of money over the cartridges. Buy my systems from WeInk.com They are great to deal with and very techncal skilled.

Peter
by unknown on Jul 23, 2004 at 10:31pm Add comment
It is possible to take the 2 pads out of the printer and wash and dry them and put them back.
That is what is called the ink tank. It can be difficult to take the printer apart, but what have you got to lose. At the prices you were quoted its cheaper to bin it. Have a go and save a lot of money. Apparently this error message is based on the number of times the printer is turned on, so the ink tank may not be full anyway. It can be reset see other postings on this site. I cleaned my Canon s630 pads it probably took 2-3 hours which included washing them under the tap for about one hour and drying them over night. David
by Anonymous on Jul 24, 2004 at 9:11am Add comment
Thanks David. I'm going to take a crack at it this week.
by Alan on Jul 24, 2004 at 10:22pm Add comment
David - Alan,

It is not so much the problem of taking the ink pad out and washing it. The problem arises in the fact that you need to reset the S9000 printer chip. There is a sequence of buttons that needs to be pressed. Neither Canon or the local center will release the code. I have attempted to get the code through several forums but no one was able to provide the correct info. By the way, the S9000 is a little more complex to take apart and then cleaning the whole bottom of the machine - Been there, done that. I would say it will take 3-4 hours to do the whole job correctly. Make sure you wear latex gloves - it gets messy. It really is not work the effort. I can be more productive elsewhere. My philosophy is to opt out and purchase a new printer. Its not worth the time and effort.

Peter
by unknown on Jul 25, 2004 at 5:54am Add comment
Peter,

So, are you saying that the reset code that I found somewhere on this forum is incorrect? If that is the case, it occurs to me that the tech that I have used in the past would be able to restet it. So the question becomes one of, "would it be cheaper to clean it myself, then have my tech reset it?" The reason that I realy want to try this is, while I don't recall how much I paid for this printer two years ago, I do remember that it was substantially more expensive than the average printer. So, it is worth my time and trouble to fix it myself. It just isn't worth the cost to keep paying someone else to. (Can you tell that I'm the kind of guy that drives a car until it dies?) Like David said, there is nothing to lose by trying.
by Alan on Jul 25, 2004 at 8:06pm Add comment
Herewith the reset code link http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/printer/new/16073.html. Its the Canon generic S reset code, so it should work on a s9000 hopefully. Regards David
by unknown on Jul 26, 2004 at 9:59am Add comment
I used the re-set submitted by David46 and it worked just fine. There was a bit of a delay waiting for the carriage to move (about 15secs) so that may be a bit of a trap so just hang on -it works! - Anonymous
Works a treat - Anonymous
Thanks David! I'll give it a try.
by Alan on Jul 26, 2004 at 11:15am Add comment
The reset code looks different from what I remember than the one that was given to me and did not work. So, my suggestion is give it a try. CAUTION: remember how everything came apart and make sure you do not have any pieces left over when you put it all back together again.

MY S9000 cost around $400 US when I purchased it. That was two years ago. OK, so I put $150 US into getting it fixed and a new printhead - another $95US. Won't do that again. After this one gives me a hard time I will either sell it for parts on ebay or place it in the trash can. Then go out and buy a printer (Canon 860 model) for about $150US. Mkes more sense to do this. New printer every 6 months. (I prink a ton of images for my customers).

Good luck with your printer cleaning. Let us know how you make out.

PCBoats
by unknown on Jul 27, 2004 at 11:09am Add comment
Peter,

Good points all around. That's what brought me here in the first place. I think I paid closer to $600 when I bought mine. I've replaced the print head once ($95) and had a tech replace the used ink tank once ($80). I don't want to spend another cent on it. But I don't mind spending a few hours tinkering with it myself.

I have a photographer friend who makes about half his income printing portfolios for models and other photographers. He figures the cost of a new printer into the bill for every job. I use my printer in my work, but I do not make my living with it. So I can't do that. But if I can get the quality I want from a cheaper printer, I'm all for buying a new one every six months.

I'll let you know how it goes.

-- Alan
by Alan on Jul 27, 2004 at 10:25pm Add comment
im a tech and do not recomend canon or epson for those reasons the best is hp however the inks are more expensive and they are going to a seperate ink jet system as well by a cheap appollo made by hp cost 50$ cheaper to replace than to buy ink cartridges for it lol.
by unknown on Jul 27, 2004 at 10:49pm Add comment
Alan,

I feel your pain..... I have been talking to a "guru" in the printer/ink business. Never met the guy but he knows his stuff. I guess that means I am impressed with his words of wisdom. Anyway, my conclusion is that of all the ink jets on the market, Canon by far is #1 for what we do. Even better than Epson and HP. I used to think that Epson was the best. If you ever need some words of wisdom feel free to contact John at www.weink.com - I am not connected to them and neither do I make any renumerations from sending people their way. I do spend $$$ for their products. Their friendly tech support is the greatest and they are always there when I get frustrated and @#\%!#& with my printers and need a helping hand.

I understand the delima of having purchased a printer and put money into it and now what do we do. I say do what you are planning and after that run it to the hilt and start setting aside funds for a new printer. Recommend either the Canon 860 or 850. They should run you less that $150US. Spread the cost over six months and the cost is not so bad. By the way, limit your number of cleaning cycles as much as possible. This not only "eats" up the ink but also dumps it into the res. at the bottom of the printer. I suggest you consider using a bulk inking system. It brings the cost of the ink down to a fraction of the price. (That is why I can affort to buy a new printer).

Let me (all of us) know how you make out with the cleaning project.
by unknown on Jul 28, 2004 at 8:31pm Add comment
David, HP has its place - no doubt about it. But, in my opinion and experience - having a HP as well as Epson and canon printers, I rate the Canon well above the other two. Been there - done that - and paid the price! I have my Canon printers frequently running all night doing print jobs. The HP couldn't even come close. Don't get me wrong the HP has its place. But not for the longer, production type jobs.
by unknown on Jul 28, 2004 at 8:38pm Add comment
I like the quality of the work but print heads can fail when you least want them to and they are expensive to replace. I have found I can extend their lives by injecting water through them. They are expensive to replace. But my real headache is the ink tank. This is like being told you have 12 months to live. If I spend on an expensive printer I don't expect to have to keep rebuying it to get it working. My old Epson 660 has been running for years on cheap ink and has never failed. I doubt it has heard of on ink tank. Does anyone know of a decent printer that is more reliable than Canon. I feel I have made my donation to their organisation.
by unknown on Aug 2, 2004 at 3:00am Add comment
Ken,
Your observation with regard to the quality is correct. That is what I and others who use the Canon printers prefer. You don't actually have to inject the water.... just run it under the tap. Also, try to reverse flush the print head. It will give you some more usage "time". You can usually tell when it is time to consider the replacement of the head. So for me that is not an issue. I keep an extra head for just that purpose. In all fairness to Canon, I will print, on average, in excess of 5,000 8x10 photos per month. Therefore, I am not bitching that I have to replace the head. Its part of the cost of doing business. Once you learn how to perform the periodic maintenance it will work great.

As far as info on other printers, why don't you contact John Mills at www.weink.com and ask him what he thinks. You may be pleasantly surprised as he has tested many different brands. - No, I do not get any finders fees for referrals.

The ink tanks let me buy ink in quantity and it saves me a "ton" of money. Best investment I ever made. I do not feel, therefore, that I have made the donation that Canon or as a matter of fact any other printer company may expect from me by purchasing their factory cartridges.

Good luck with your printer.

Peter
by unknown on Aug 2, 2004 at 2:53pm Add comment
Alan,

How did you make out with the cleaning of your Canon printer?

Peter
by unknown on Aug 2, 2004 at 2:54pm Add comment
Peter,

Last week was crazed so I ahven't gotten to it. I hope to take a shot at it on Wednesday.

- Alan
by Alan on Aug 2, 2004 at 10:38pm Add comment
Alan,
Do you plan on replacing the pad or are you going to just wash it out and reuse it? Make sure you clean the little res. that holds the excess ink.

Peter
by unknown on Aug 3, 2004 at 11:20am Add comment
I'll probably just clean it. It will depend on what the pad looks like. If it's something simple to duplicate, I might replace it. Thanks for the tip about the res.
by Alan on Aug 3, 2004 at 10:53pm Add comment
Thank you all, so much, for all of your advice! I just finished the procedure and I'm pleased to report that the patient made it through with flying colors.

The whole operation took about 45 minutes. (I used a blow dryer to dry the sponge.) The most dificult part of the whole thing was getting all the little tabs on the casing to pop at once.

For future reference, the reset code that I found elsewhere on this board is the one that worked. It goes like this.....

1. Turn off power.
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let the
Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let both
buttons go.
5. Green light will flash then stop blinking.
6. When Green light is solid, press Resume button
4 times.
7. Press the power button and the printer should turn off. If not, press the Power button 1 more time.
8. Done.

Once again, thank you all for taking the time to post!

-- Alan

by Alan on Aug 4, 2004 at 7:07pm Add comment
I have tried the code and it works. But how do I clean the ink tank? When I open the printer, do I have to watch out for something in particular? - Elisabetta
I have to say I am so angry with this company for making that case so impossible to open. The plastic tabs are practically invisible, the plastic of the case is so soft that the screwdriver can't help but marr the edge. Even as I carefully slip in soft cardboard in the wedge opening, the tabs won't let go til it is almost enough to crack. I have only one left and I have pushed in enough to cause a 1/2 inch gap, and the stupid thing still won't let go.

I'm trying to be patient, but I've already gouged the area where you stick the screwdriver in. I love my Canon, but this stupid ink tank reservoire thing is just chapping my hide.

What is the deal! Since every owner is going to run into this problem eventually, and it is a simple little thing that shouldn't kill the machine... why Oh WHY is it such a Bitch to do? A small hatch, and perhaps a simple instruction should be in the manual.
Ok I'm better now.. but JEEZ! - strongv
Hello,
thanks men for your code it works also for canon i560.
God Bless you.
the matrix cyber cafe. suriname-south america. - Anonymous
Alan

works phantastic !!!!!!

You´re the one
by Anonymous on Aug 17, 2004 at 1:58am Add comment
Fantastic, worked a dream and I am a fairly non-technical sort of person!

by unknown on Aug 17, 2004 at 4:37am Add comment
I have discovered that the secret behind having to reset the Canon 900/9000 printers is to NOT do so many prin head cleanings. It seems that Canon as an "internal" counter that when a certain number of cleanings is reached it triggers the request for cleaning the unit and having the system reset. What a way to get you to take the printer in for maintenance and spending $$$.
by unknown on Aug 17, 2004 at 6:31am Add comment
Reset code worked a treat - genius!
by unknown on Aug 26, 2004 at 5:23am Add comment
Is there any sequence or special tools needed to access the tabs to remove the case of my S900? Also, what is weink, inc. Is this a system that replaces the individual color ink cartridges and prevents the ink well problems? Thanks, Barb
by Barbara on Mar 15, 2005 at 6:08pm Add comment
Barbara, go to www.weink.com and you will learn about the ink tank that you can use rather than the small cartridges. They sell ink, paper, etc. If you haven't cleaned your's yet, I posted just above this to tell how to remove the case. Good luck and let us know how it goes. - Anonymous
I just ran the reset procedure on an i9100 and it works as well. I'll have to give the cleaning procedure a go.
by Anonymous on Apr 5, 2005 at 7:20pm Add comment
BUMP....... I was so excited to find answers to my questions, then suddenly....bam....end. I also need the answer to barbara's question about the tab sequence or tools for removing the case of the 9000. Come on guys, give it up. ALAN, if you are still around, you got the help you needed, now HELP us.
by unknown on May 8, 2005 at 5:31pm Add comment
Hi Elisabetta. I see no one stepped up to the plate and answered your question, so here I go. First you have to get the case open. Look in the back and on the sides and you will see little slots with tabs in them. Take a screw driver and starting in the back, push the tab back and lift up on the case. Work your way around and soon the entire top will lift off. My girlfriend and I worked together, because just as you get one side loose and move to the opposite side, the first one pops back down. I held up a side as she opened the other one. On the left side of the track you will see a small square hole with a sponge in it. It is about 3/4 inch square. Carefully pull the sponge out and wash thoroughly, then dry it. We also very carefully lifted the sponge that lays along the track that the ink travels across. You can not completely remove it, but we used paper towels to squeeze out the ink and wiped under it. Be very careful as it is delicate and you might tear it. When you replace the sponge, it faces with the squared side to the right (inside) and the shaped side faces to the left (outside).
Now, I need to know how to reset the code. Can you help me here? I did not get a message, so I don't know if it can be done until the printer thinks the tank is full. ??? Jo Ann

by Anonymous on May 8, 2005 at 11:23pm Add comment
I did the code like you said. The only thing that didn't happen just as directed is I had to press the power button a third time to shut it off at the end. How do I know if it worked? Do you just assume it when the buttons light up, or flash, as you go through the sequence? I even went through it a second time, but still had to press power 3 times to turn off. btw, how do you get your name to show when you post?
by Anonymous on May 9, 2005 at 9:15pm Add comment
Hhmm... I have done this only once so I don't remembe well. But if your printer prints fine, then you know it worked.

To make your name show you just put it into the user field on top of the message you are typing. I think that if you are not registered, it will ask you to register it.

In future, when you want to post with your name again, you simply enter your name and then you will be prompted to put your password. That's it :)
by Elisabetta on May 10, 2005 at 2:04am Add comment
I thought I'd signed in when I posted, but apparently not. I went through the process again, and now my name shows. Just wanted to tell everyone, I am going to sell my Canon 9000 for $200, so if anyone is interested, contact me by email. [email protected] It works great, I just don't have room for two printers since I've moved. - joanagan
My reset codes don't work. I follow the directions posted and printer won't enter the "service mode". The first steps work fine, I press resume button twice and it toggles as per posted methods. BUT: when I release the power button the print head moves and it enters the error code of 7 orange/1 green, (clean the tanks message). It doesn't seem to enter the "service mode". I've tried it 20+ times.

Incidentally I did deep cleaning multiple times to unclog the heads due to infrequent use, just before all this started. I have dissasembled and cleaned everything thoroughly. The 1" square sponge on the tank at the right where the heads park, did not spring back to full height after rinsing.

Why can't I enter the service mode?

by david-brown on Jul 10, 2005 at 9:43am Add comment
did somone try this procedure on a ip1500 ???
by Anonymous on Jul 18, 2005 at 11:08am Add comment
I need to reset the interlan chip on a canon IP-1000!!! - Anonymous
Don't see how it could hurt to try. If it works, great. If not, so what. - Anonymous
Guys, if you don't already own a hair dryer, I would suggest you get one. It is great for drying those ink pads and you can reassemble the printer in much less time.
by joanagan on Aug 5, 2005 at 7:15am Add comment
Hi,

I've advised many people on various Canon Printer Solutions.
Please visit my site at http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html and read about resetting the printers, and all kinds of other stuff.

It is a commercial free educational site.

Thanks
Neil

by neilslade on Aug 19, 2005 at 5:18pm Add comment
I used the canon compatible generic ink cartridges in my i9900 and i9000 for about six months. I printed professional photos taken in my portrait studio with excellent results. Then, gradually, the pictures became more and more green toned. I was ready to purchase new printers, but decided to first change to Canon cartridges. After a few print runs, the color returned to normal and I have continued to pay the high price ever since. I have been reading about bulk ink tanks. Would someone please explain what they are, how to use, and where to get them? Do they use generic or canon ink?
by joanagan on Aug 21, 2005 at 6:46pm Add comment
I have developed the same greenish hue to all prints, including FULLY black and white photo's or anything chosen as monochrome. I've been buying the cheaper cartridges also. Thanks for your post as it seems you've pinpointed what I thought was a head problem. Most appreciated. I'll let you know how it turns out also. -ron - Anonymous
none of the canon printers use pigmented ink, to my best knowlegde- they use dye-based ink, which is not light fast. the canon OEM inks might be higher quality, indeed- which would fade less, but still, they are not lightfast, like the Epson Ultrachrome inks, etc. You can make your own CIS (continuous ink system) very easily, by basically hooking tubes to the bottles- I have done this, with success, but it would be easier to look on ebay for a cheap CIS for the canon you are using. If you want to make your own, that is possible, and it would save you alot- I calculated that the cost to make my own CIS is approx. $8. yes, eight dollars. BUT, it requires a bit of patience and fussing. If you have $90 to spare- just buy a pre-made kit with the ready-to-go adapted cartridges. I print quite a bit, many 13x19s and web printing, etc- and I can print for a year on about $40 of ink. It is worth setting up- for sure. good luck and happy printing! -www.jamescurtis.com - unknown
I was going nuts trying to find my used ink tank. This forum was a huge help. The reset worked great and I no longer get that annoying message after every picture. However, I have a few questions.
If the message to "empty the used ink tank" is triggered by either;
a)the power being shut off and on a certain # of times (which I doubt because I rarely turn off my printer) or
b) triggered by the # of cleanings, or
c) the # of prints made...
my question is, does the "used ink tank" or pad or whatever the hell it is really have to be cleaned? The process sound like a huge pain. What happens if I don't do anything except do a reset. Which btw is all I've done. Does anybody know what could happen?
For what it's worth here are my experiences with generic ink. I can't stand the thought of paying canon's prices for toner so I started buying from myinks.com. They sent me toner from Color Laboratories and G&G. They seemed to work fine for a while but after a bit I started having probems with my pictures. My first batch always came out bad and I found I had to clean my print head and number of times before the color balance worked itself out. After a while I found that if I used canon's product for Photocyan and Photomagenta my pictures were ok for the most part. I would still have some trouble with the first couple of pix. Now, I hate to say it, but I just gave up with generic and use canon's toner exclusively. Was it the toner from Myink.com? Was it my imagination? Does anyone else have this experience?
Thanks
by Datura on Sep 4, 2005 at 12:22am Add comment
Thanks, Datura, for your input about the ink. Yes, the ink I bought was from myink.com. I have a lot of it, still, and I only use it when I run out of canon ink when it is not possible to jump up and replace it. I always have to do the cleaning to get the pictures to come out ok. It has to be repeated every time I start a new run of printing. This would not be so bad, but it wastes a lot of the canon ink that I can't afford to waste. Now, in one of the above listings you find the following link: http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html
There, you see a couple of new brands I've not tried. The author claims they work almost as good as Canon and I plan to try them. I hope they work, I think Canon has us by the proverbial balls, even if I don't have the physical ones, I feel they are really putting the squeeze on me. Just how much can it cost to produce virtually the same product? Why must they charge four+ times the price???
by joanagan on Sep 4, 2005 at 10:54am Add comment
I've discovered that using the "plain paper" setting with generic ink (Xprint) rather than selecting the photo paper type gives excellent results.

Also discovered when calibrating with MonacoEZcolor their test program would print perfect prints but when using the Canon program furnished, the prints were lousy. I asked the Monaco tech why this happens and he became evasive. It appears that Canon has something built into its program and/or an optical device in the cartridge to screw things up with generics.

Is there someone out there clever enough to write a "generic" program? - Anonymous
My friend cleaned his S900 out and took some pics also.
I'm send you one of them (showing the ink "pads" in the bottom
of the printer) and how to clean them.
He said it took him almost 3 hours to complete the job!

by Anonymous on Sep 28, 2005 at 3:53pm Add comment
Do you still have that picture?

Contrary to my other post, I am mechanically inclined. I'd love to have a roadmap though... Canon doesn't seem to want us to worry our pretty little heads.

P - strongv
Hello all,
This is pretty off-topic, but I'm hoping anyway.

I have an s9000 that has suddenly developed an electronic problem. If anyone out there has an s9000 that they're thinking of dumping because of print head or waste ink problems, I'd sure like to hear from you and give you an opportunity to turn your trash into gold... well, cash anyway, and at the same time to do another beleaguered human a big favor.

Thanks for your time.

Bill Krause

BTW if you have any wisdom for me as to a fix or an inexpensive parts source, that would be appreciated as well.
by bkrause on Sep 30, 2005 at 11:34am Add comment
Hello all,
This is pretty off-topic, but I'm hoping anyway.

I have an s9000 that has suddenly developed an electronic problem (banding at intervals in photos). If anyone out there has an s9000 that they're thinking of dumping because of print head or waste ink problems, I'd sure like to hear from you and give you an opportunity to turn your trash into gold... well, cash anyway, and at the same time to do another beleaguered human a big favor.

Thanks for your time.

Bill Krause

BTW if you have any wisdom for me as to a fix or an inexpensive parts source, that would be appreciated as well.
by bkrause on Sep 30, 2005 at 11:53am Add comment
Hello:

On the one occassion I experienced problems with "banding at intervals in photos" with my s9000 it turned out to be nothing more than time for a head replacement and cleaning.

Incidentally my s9000 is for sale - asking $225. It's a very low usage unit. The head went out during its once in a lifetime heavy run (and was replaced by canon free of charge). The unit has never had any other problems and get this - has never once given an error message (other than feed me more ink please :). As indicated by my email, I am located in Portland OR
([email protected]) - Anonymous
When I got banding, it seemed to have been from trying to exceed the optimal resolution of photos. Took me a long time to figure it out. Tried cleaning umpteen million times before discovering it was a resolution problem. Alas, now ink tank is full. - Anonymous
Ink tank full, of course, means cartridges empty; such a waste. Hopefully, you will see the posts previous to this and clean the ink tank yourself. I assume you are referring to the waste tank. I am curious, what resolution were you trying to print?
by Anonymous on Oct 24, 2005 at 11:25am Add comment
hi boys sorry for my english..
i have a problem with this printer..
i don't want use any ink tank.. i use only the original ink...

so.. when i do the allignment of the print head.. the printer print the column A, B, C, D, E correctly...

but not the F column!!!

there isn't any picture near the number +5, +4, +3, +2...

and the number are written to half.. not for their entire!!!

Why this??

I've tried to remove or change the original black ink tank.. but in the printer monitor doesn't change enithing.. how if the software doesn't find the new tank!!!

Why?? i've already tried to reset the printer with the procedure that found in this topic.. but nothing change.. now the monitor show that all the ink tank are full.. but will not print the column F in the alignment process..

i think that if doesn't print it.. will not use the black ink for print the normal picture or document.. isn't it??

Please help me!!

Thanks a lot!!

Bye
by unknown on Nov 22, 2005 at 4:25am Add comment
Hey guys..I just finish reading threads on this site and now I'm hating myself for buying this printer. I read glowing reviews
from a respected photo magazine on this printer. So me and my other
photographer artist friend bought this printer. It was great for
two years and now it looks like the Printer head has gone bad...
I called Canon USA Parts/Customer Service 800-828-4040
they told me the Canon S9000 print head ( Part no. QY6-0039)
would cost me about $ 76 tax, shipping including.... Also I
think my big problem would have been the use of generic
non-Canon Inks that may have a different viscosity rating than
original Inks. that can clogged up the print head...
I still have not gone through the process of cleaning the ink tanks.. Would it be worth replacing the print head or should I jsut buy another printer..I really like Canon and its quality but many friend said I should have been better off with an Epson.I print
both color and black and white,,....I was think of selling the
printer for $ 175 withouut the new print head..will anyone
ever buy this ....sometimes I think it would have been cheaper
to go print all my big prints at Costco. can really used your advice
guys..

disappointed Canon owner in San Diego
by unknown on Dec 5, 2005 at 10:40am Add comment
I've had the problem of pictures turning purple also, I found out it was the type of ink I was using. Apprently the Canon use a slightly different ink than most ink jet printers. I have found Canon specific ink in bulk quantities at PrinterInkWarehouse.com. After changing my ink tanks and running a cleaning solution through the printer (sold there also) it seems to have taken care of the problem. - HonestJoe
I too have had the same experience. The printer worked fine for 2.5 years on Jet Tec inks (supplier assured me they were as good as Canon - in writing!), then I returned it under warranty and the print head was replaced. Ever since then printing with Print Quality on High has resulted on very purpley output. Normal Print Quality is fine. Strangely, one application , Adobe Photoalbum, works fine with Print Quality on High. I have returned the printer again to Canon with this info and they just dismiss it saying that it as it works with one application it is my software at fault. I have just completely reformated my PC and the output is still purpley.
Where to go from here is a problem - except to throw the printer out.
How did you get around the problem? - Anonymous
Before you give up on it, why don't you take the heads out and swish the bottom in a shallow dish of hot water. Blot dry with a paper towel. Since the heads aren't any good, you have nothing to lose. Also clean the electrical contacts with some alcohol.
by moe on Dec 5, 2005 at 11:15am Add comment
I agree, don't give up on the 9000 yet. I have had three Epson printers, and while I got great pictures from them, I had more trouble with them than with the Canon. They would be fine till just after the warrantee was up, then crash. I have not had any trouble with my 9000 that this forum hasn't been able to solve. It sounds like you bought your's about the same time I did, and I paid $499.99 for mine. $76 doesn't sound like too much to spend on a printer that has lasted two years. If you do the cleaning as suggested, and it still doesn't work, then I would say, buy the printhead. If you are still not happy, you would get more for the printer, than without the new printhead. In your subject line you say the pictures are coming out purple. I would say that is due to the use of the generic inks, rather than the print head. Try using the Canon inks and I would be surprised if the color problem doesn't correct itself. In my case, the pictures were all greenish. Using the Canon inks cleared that up after a few pictures were printed.
by joanagan on Dec 5, 2005 at 12:05pm Add comment
so guys... i've foud the problem..
the problem is the print-head.. i try another print-head on my s9000 and work great..

now.. i must buy another print-head.. but it's too much expensive.. 150€ in italy!!!

Do you know a internet site.. where i can buy it with a lower price??

The part number is: QY6-0039

Thanks a lot for all!!!
by unknown on Dec 5, 2005 at 12:10pm Add comment
Orei,are you ordering from Canon in the USA, or from a local dealer in Italy? How much is that price in USA currency? It could be that even if you ordered it cheaper from here, the shipping costs could bring the price back up to what you would pay if buying over there. According to a post just above yours, Canon sells the part for $76. - joanagan
I have performed the resumption of the counter on the machine (to correct the waste tank full message) but the machine will not work. Do I have to take out the print heads before doing the procedure or not?
The indicator lights never become steady.
It was a fine printer but now it is a nuisance.
Philip Tarbuck 8 Dec 05
by Philip Tarbuck on Dec 8, 2005 at 8:26am Add comment
I can only suggest that you become colour blind, and then you can't see so many irritating things. My wife still doesn't understand that green is grey - no matter what other people say.
I don't suppose anyone has an answer to my ip9100 query - have they?
I think my ip9100 produces colours just fine - but, then, how would I know?
Philip Tarbuck 31 Dec 05
by Philip Tarbuck on Dec 31, 2005 at 4:41am Add comment
Of course they're going to tell you Jet Tec inks are 'just as good...' that doesn't mean it's true!

Try cleaning the print head and then deep cleaning if that doesn't work.

I've used Canon inks exclusively and printed thousands of photos as well as thousands of pages of text documents. Although it's now time for me to get a print head, the Canon has been a real workhorse for me.
by Anonymous on Jan 11, 2006 at 3:52am Add comment
Ok, I got it.

Step by step, this is how it went. Unplug it and set it somewhere where you can see the whole thing easily. Don't leave it plugged in or try and do this while it's hard to reach.
You really don't need to take off the cover... just lift the hinged lid and get a little flashlight to look inside. Under that cover, you can see the sponge. It's a small square sponge in Black plastic resevoire under and to the left of the track on which the print heads travel. The other pad is actually in a shaped well directly to the back of the track. That sponge is long, thin (about a quarter inch in width and has some shaped cut outs that fit into its little raceway perfectly. it is a die cut rubbery stuff with rectagular shapes on each end, and a single rectangular shape followed by a pair of rectangular shapes in the center. Pay attention to these shapes and their orientatin, you have to match it back to get it to fit back in, there is only one way.

Both these are of a spongy material, but the square ink resevoire to the left side is a little coarser texture. You can see and actually acess both these sponges without actually taking the cover off if you have a longish (I used a 4"tweezer)tool. Just gently pick up the squareish bit, it comes out easily, it isn't stuck down or wedged in very tight. carry it on the tweezers to the sink and rinse that puppy out til the water runs clear. Blot it dry, look at it, it has a little slot in the bottom that will run parellel to the long axis of the printer when you put it back in. I don't know if it is particularly important, but it seems to meet up wiht some divots inside the well, small as they are, so just put it down back where you found it. Gently push it flat with the tweezer making sure its nicely seated.

Next use those tweezers and tease out one end of the long shaped blotter. Get hold of that end and gently pull the whole thing out from the race in which is sits. One side will be darker from ink than the other, but use the asymetrical shape to keep track of its' position. Wash it, dry it, and replace it. Make sure that BOTH ends are properly seated, you may have to check that blind end (under the print head) after you start the printer up again.

Re plug in the printer, reset the printer code and then open the cover letting the print head travel to the center so you can check the alignment of right side of the long blotter.

I didn't need to take off the cover at all. It took me about 5 minutes to actually change and clean the stupid sponges.... and I"ve been resetting the printer for weeks, because I could't visualize WHERE the sponge was....!!

It took me an additional few minutes, probably 10 because I'm stupid and didn't follow the directions right the first time, to get the inktankreset thingy done.

Pulling apart the case took HOURS. I have permanent gouges in my erstwhile perfect machine... and it ticks me off! But it works beautiful now.

I'd add that I"ve done the aftermarket ink... I hate to buy Branded ink as much as anyone.. and it screwed up my colors comepletely. More than that I wasted more than a whole tank trying to get the darn colors to recalibrate to the new inks because they just looked odd.

I went back to the factory presets and a whole set of new Canon ink, and NO PROBLEMS.

I don't know why but the aftermarket inks just don't seem to work in my s900.

sigh.

Its done and I hope my struggle can save someone else from scratching their case to hell.

Pat

by strongv on Apr 26, 2006 at 11:31pm Add comment
Thank you, Pat, for your instructions! We were able to remove both pads without having to remove the printer cover. And thanks to everyone who posted how to reset the printer after cleaning the pads. My S9000 works like a charm now.
A tech service estimated $100 in parts and labor with 2 days in the shop. Following the instructions step by step, we were done in 20 minutes.
Thanks big time,
Alexis:)
Santa Clarita, Calif.
by Anonymous on May 10, 2006 at 8:42am Add comment
Alexis and all...

Sorry, it CAN NOT be done without removing the cover. Read on...

I just completed the process on my S9000. Yes, you can clean the square sponge on the left and the long sponge below the track, but there is a large (full width of the printer by about four to six inches by about half-inch thick) blotter **underneath** and along the bottom of the printer shell. That's the one you're really after. To get at this part (quite messy to remove), you must open the case as described earlier, and remove five screws holding the printer assembly to the bottom of the case (one on each side in the back, two in a bracket on front left and one in a bracket on front right). You will find a great deal of ink sopped up into the blotter, mostly on the right-hand end. The gloves are a good idea... I was being careful and now have black fingers.

The key to opening the case is to use a very small flat-bladed screw driver. Pop one side of the back first, then the other side, then do the two front positions. Look carefully into and under the screwdriver holes and you can tell what needs to be done. To get to the rear-left position, you must first remove the plastic insert that contains the USB socket. I managed by pulling out and up on the sides near the rear while pushing straight in with the screwdriver in the respective rear hole. Once both sides are loose at the rear, the front is a fairly simple matter (look at the slots from below to see how you need to push the screwdriver in to unlatch them).

My problem now, with it all back together and reset (twice), is that I'm getting communication error (Printer not responding) on the computer, and the printer is flashing an error code: amber..green..amber..long green, repeat.
by guising on May 11, 2006 at 12:40pm Add comment
Can that article be sent to me with email?

Thanks,
Bob
by Anonymous on Jul 28, 2006 at 6:59am Add comment
After reading all the comments I felt a little intiminated regarding the mess I might create by entering my printer. Overall job took 25 minutes. It took 20 minutes to get the case off. Canon engineers make the parts fit perfectly; wish my car door was as tight. Removing the two screws on the rear floor plate and lifting the printer off the bottom and replacing the pad (which I purchased for $5.00 + $6.00 postage from the nice customer service department at Canon/took two days from order to receipt). The only reason I would see cleaning the "sanitary pad" would be if I planned on keeping the printer more than 5 years - it may not be available from Canon as the printer would be very outdated by that time.

By the way the pad was only half full of ink. Thanks Dennis Nusser for the heads up on what to look for. If you order the part from Canon it becomes rather obvious what you need to do.
Darrel
by unknown on Sep 7, 2006 at 10:11am Add comment
Have had a Canon S9000 for approx 5 years. Had the waste ink tank remedied at a Canon repair statin once, 200 miles one way, 100 bucks charge. Am very satisfied with the printer to where I just bought a back-up printer from ebay(used). Guess the seller didn't know about waste tanks cause she removed the 6 cartriges but the post office turned it upside down and the interior was one big mess. Anyway searching on line I did find the Canon service and parts manuals at 2Manuals.com. well worth the ten bucks showing the assembly drawings and also the reset codes, Seems Canon has used "Unit Assembly" to where getting into these machines is relatively simple and to get to the waste tank you don't have to disturb any adjustments.
As to Ink cartrige refilling I have done it for years and no bad results once I learned to reseal the cartriges. Don't use just any old ink . I have found inkjetkits.com to supply a quality product. That company is primarily known as Lab Software inc.
by unknown on Jan 1, 2007 at 8:42pm Add comment
no bad results once I learned to reseal the cartriges
??????????????????????????????????????

PLS XPLAIN IF U DONT MIND

THANKS
JIMMY... - unknown
Thanks to everyone who has posted instructions here.

I have a i9100 and have just successfully cleaned the ink pad and reset it, thanks to the help of this virtual community.

One thing wasn't as expected when I went through the reset codes: halfway through the instructions it says the green light will then stop blinking (no. 5), however mine continued with long pulses of green alternating with several shorter orange flashes. After retrying I eventully caught it on a green blink and then continued with the rest of the button pressing. It seemed to reset OK and is now working fine (the only thing I notice is that it thinks that all ink tanks are full).

The other thing to note was that I left the pad to dry for two days. It was then bone dry and seemed to have shrunk - it was quite a stretch getting it reseated over the plastic posts that stick up from the floor of the printer.

By the way, my partner and I did this together - it would have been tricky taking the cover off or reseating the mechansim alone.

Thanks again.
by unknown on Jan 16, 2007 at 2:31am Add comment
I have replaced the waste ink pad and cleaned the two sponges under the print head. I've reset the printer using the reset code above several times. I consistantly get no yellow or no color. After one reset, I was able to get perfect prints. Then, the next day, no color. I reset it again, got no yellow.

What is my next step? I've cleaned out the print head with canned gas (I read this somewhere else). Is is a bad electric connection to the print head? I get black perfectly on all my prints. Do I need a new print head? I use generic ink but still get perfect prints when I get all the colors.

Thanks for any advice!
by Teacher Guy on Jan 30, 2007 at 6:15pm Add comment
It sounds like most people are having trouble with the S9000 printing properly after a reset.
The problem most likely is a plugged or worn purge unit. They are not to difficult to change if you know how to get into the printer. But if your going to change the purge unit, change at the same time the blotter and don't forget to transfer over the wiper unit on top of the purge unit. Parts needed are Purge unit#QG4-0204-000 and absorber #QA4-0776-000, change those then restart the unit and then do the reset. Incidently these are also for the i9100.
You can find these parts at HTTP://www.beckscrs.com in their parts tab.
by BAB on Mar 20, 2007 at 5:11am Add comment
Need help.
Printer quit working.
Lights blink 7 orange, 1 green, 7 orange, 1 green etc.
Any ideas out there.
Fred
by unknown on Apr 13, 2007 at 12:31pm Add comment
you are having printhead problem. you may need to replace printerhead which you may able to get it online. it costs about $70. please go to www.usa.canon.com/consumer. in the Support/Service section, type in 'flashing power light' and hit 'search'. you'll see what each number of blinking yellow lights mean. - Anonymous
Fred:
I found that the only way to deal with the problem was to replace the print head - i.e. the thing that holds all the print cartridges. Take out all the cartridges and fiddle around with the print head, applying very little pressure. It should come out with very little resistance. Insert the new one, and the ink, and away you go? Admitted new print heads are fairly dear. Mine cost me around £60.
Best of luck.
Philip
by unknown on Apr 14, 2007 at 5:59am Add comment
Thanks Philip,
I had a feeling that might be the problem. I replaced the print head about a year and a half ago and was hopeing it would last longer. At that time it cost about $70.00. Guess I will take the chance and replace it. If that doesn't work then it's time for a new one. Pro9000 sounds good. Any suggestions? I need one that prints 11 X 17.
Fred
by unknown on Apr 14, 2007 at 8:18am Add comment
I had a friend who was a qualified electronics expert. His video went wrong and he thought that he knew what it was and it would take only a few minutes to put it right. He couldn't get the bit (or, at least, not at any reasonable price) and he wound up throwing away the old one and buying a new one.
I am beginning to think that that is the only process worth considering. Canon is a good printer (I think) but I think it has an absolute maximum design life of 5 years. If you have had that much life out of it, just count yourself a winner and buy a new one.
I used to love preparing A3 sheets in decent form with tables, etc. but that is out now that I know how much they cost. A photograph made on a printer at home is dearer than one made specially for you at a chemists.
The only trouble with a chemist is that if you have 50 photos on a CD then they insist on printing the whole 50. What I propose to do, when I can afford a camera, is to copy one or two photographs to a new CD/DVD and having the whole of that printed properly So I would get, say, 6 prints out of it.
I was thinking of buying Windows Vista from the States, but it is better, on the whole, to buy a new computer here. Windows will cost (I am informed) about £250. A new computer will cost about £500. I understand that the £/$ rate is about 1/2.
Philip
by Anonymous on Apr 15, 2007 at 3:19am Add comment
Hi Philip,
The print head was the problem. $75.00 for a new one. Cheaper then buying a new printer. The tech guy said the Pro9000 is a great printer. Takes 8 cartages, has a red and green color. Anyway maybe next time the printer breaks down I'll get a new one.
As for Windows Vista, wait a few months till they get the problems worked out then buy the new computer or build your own.
Fred
by unknown on Apr 18, 2007 at 1:36pm Add comment
For future reference, the reset code that I found elsewhere on this board is one that worked? It goes like this.....

1. Turn off power.
Resume button go.
buttons go.
4 times.
7. Press the power button and the printer should turn off. If not, press the Power button 1 more time.
8. Done.

by Anonymous on Jun 8, 2007 at 9:32am Add comment
Thank you, 'Anonymous'. Can you tell me how to get at the used ink tank inside the printer, please?
by unknown on Jun 9, 2007 at 12:21am Add comment
I haven't tried it, but from what I read it is not easy.
A person with the name "Datura" has the right idea. Read his responce.
Fred - Anonymous
I found the perfect solution to my printer problem. I picked up my S9000 printer after carefully unplugging it. I walked over the my second story window and tossed the rat bastard right into the garbage.
I went out and purchased a Canon iP6700D. Great printer. It has two trays, one for regular paper another for photo paper. I now live in world I could have only dreamed of. I can print crisp, clean photos without having to endlessly clean my printhead or make time consuming adjustments. And on top of that I don't have to switch out paper when I want to print a picture. Money well spent.
I just read a write-up in Consumer Reports about printers that is totally in sync with my experiences;
The useable life span of a printer is about 5 years and, if photo quality is important (duh!) it doesn't pay to use generic ink. They may be able to get the formulation close but it's not an exact match and that is why there are so many problems with picture quality. While I hate being forced to pay for the manufactures ink, the truth is, their ink works better than the generic.
What is the saying? Penny wise and pound foolish.
A world without printer problems...Ahhhhhhhhhhh, that feels good.
by Datura on Jun 9, 2007 at 11:22am Add comment
Love your responce. I don't think there is a person out there that hasn't wanted to do that. Not only to the printer, but also to the computer.
Fred
- Anonymous
Sorry guys but I have to disagree with you. I have found Canon and HP printers in use that are 15 and 20 years old. The difference in most cases was just plain and simple maintainence. Things do wear out and need to be replaced from time to time. Do you throw away your car because the tires need replaceing or its time for and oil change or your windshield wipers no longer clear your windshield when its raining? No of course not you maintain and replace. Same with these printers! The other day i worked on and repaired an HP 4Si with 5 million pages of use. The guy said because he has had it for so long and it works perfectly on his system, he wanted it repaired, cost him $300, sounds high but I lot less then buying a new HP 4350dn and then getting it set up on his system of several computers.
In the Canon and HP inkjets, try using OEM ink, your not saving that much with after market and your preventing a lot of agravation. Canon inks are alcohol based, aftermarket is water based. The alcohol also cools the print head, the water base will eventually burn out the print head. Canon inks are heavily filtered for impurities to keep the print ink cartridge ink screen from clogging, aftermarket is not, nuff said.

BAB
Authorized Canon Tech
by BAB on Jun 10, 2007 at 6:28am Add comment
Hi!

My S9000 has been on the shelf for a few months.

When I tried printing only 4 colors. Bought couple of OEM carts and tried cleaning the head with compressed air, water and ammonia solution. After drying ... only 1 color. Cleaned it again ... only blank pages despite several cleanings.

Put in new Canon print head ... still blank pages after several cleanings.

The seller I bought the head from says that purge pump is probably plugged up. Any ideas would be dearly appreciated.

roman - rpkrupczak
BAB,

Reminds me of a story...

Three IBM Staffers were driving in a car when they had a flat tire.

Each had his own solution to the problem:

The IBM Salesman said "We need a new Car"

The IBM Hardware Engineer said "Lets try changing parts until it starts to work again"

The IBM Software Engineer said "Lets try turning the car off and back on to see if that will correct the problem"

Sometimes it's a lot easier to just fix the problem, but everybody seems to try to find a way around it instead.

by Stephen on Jun 10, 2007 at 9:02am Add comment
Datura,...enjoy your few moments of relief from printer problems. Just wait till you print a few things and start to run out of ink on your new iP6700, which is basically the same as my iP6600. These printers use the new "Chipped" ink carts "CLI-8" and when you replace them one set will cost you almost as much as you paid for the printer. Canon has also fixed them so you won't be able to use any carts except Canon.

If you dropped your print out the window,.. who went down and cleaned up your mess. You could have given the printer to some thrift shop and let others fix it. I'm sure it only suffered from neglect. There is nothing different about the new printer you are so happy with, than the one you threw away, except your ink will cost you a lot more. If you neglect this one, you'll have the same problems in a year. The inside guts of the iP6700 is virtually the same as all other Canon printers, only the ink cartridges are new.

Look at it this way, you will have at least a year to learn how to do proper maintenance on your printer,...before it goes bad.
by unknown on Jun 10, 2007 at 9:49pm Add comment
originally i just replaced the absorber pad on the bottom of the ink tank. but then I saw people were getting purplish prints and then i saw BAB's post on the purge unit clogging.

I ordered the purge unit and went ahead and re-opened the printer to replace it. there are just 2 screws, not counting the one on top that holds the small plastic wiper unit.

the first time I opened the printer I saw caked in ink stains, and was like what is this mess, lol. guess what, that mess comes from the purge unit! HA I took out the old purge unit and it was pretty much ink stained purple. I'll get back to how it operates with the new purge unit in a week or so. when the old purge unit was in sometimes it would streak and the yellow was darker than it should be. let's see if this fixes it. btw, I also replaced the print head with a new one and a new yellow ink cartridge, so those can't have been causing the problem.
by unknown on Jun 12, 2007 at 8:56pm Add comment
I am afraid that I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about. I thought that the ink chambers or the holder of the chambers were chipped but they weren't. I gave it to my son-in-law to clean and he did that, but I gather that was fairly straighforward. Then I bought a new holder for the Ink Cartridges and then inserted mostly new cartridges, and all is fairly well right now.
I have not had the problems you mention.
Philip Tarbuck
by Philip Tarbuck on Jun 13, 2007 at 7:30am Add comment
Well, here I am with a fully working S9000 again and the advice is..... if you want to use this printer alot and keep it for a long time and aren't prepared to 'have a go' with a few screwdrivers and some disposable rubber gloves (oooooh!), you're probably better-off buying something else, though god-knows what because this printer really is very good provided you treat it right.

First ..... dont be tempted into buying so-called 'compatible' cartridges, or, even worse, refilling the old ones (like I did), because, as others have said, the Canon ones use a dye that is far superior to the compatible rubbish, that's why they cost so much more. You'll only start to realise it after a while when the photos you've printed using the compatibles start to fade in the sun, whilst the Canon ones are still fresh. It's not that the colours are wrong, it's simply that the cartridges use a better dye with better UV-resistance.

Second ..... when the dreaded used-ink tank error-code comes-up, dont be misled by the countless other posts on this site that infer that resetting the printer is the solution ..... it isn't, or at the very least it is only a short-term fix. The error code is there for a reason, and if you dont clean or replace the used ink pad, you'll just end-up with contaminated cartridges: the 'overflow' from the used ink tank eventually gets sucked-up into the cartridges and the colours get changed - that's why some people have reported prints having a strange 'hue' to them. The situation is worse when using the refill route because;
a) they leak because the rubber bungs you use to seal the refill hole dont seal properly and let air in.
b) they suck ink in from the used tank and neighbouring cartridges for exactly the same reason as in a) - simple changes in atmospheric pressure will minutely expand and contract the ink cartridge, effectively pumping ink in and out over time - that's why the situation can appear worse for a printer that is infrequently used, rather that one that's used on a daily basis.

To clean the ink tank pad, follow the instructions that 'Alan' posted in this thread, but I'd advise a slight change. Once you've got into the case (no mean feat ..... why didn't Canon simply use screws to hold the top on ???!!!!!), and unscrewed the five Philips screws, and recovered the two bits of bent metal that hold the printer chassis to the base (One front left, two screws, one right-hand side, one screw), carefully tip the whole mechanism over the back of the base so that it's sitting on the paper feeder. This allows you to easily get at the pad and the underside of the printer mechanism to effect the not-inconsiderable amount of cleaning you'll have to do. Propping the mechanism up at one end puts unnecessary strain on the rollers and is much more unstable than my suggested method.

When you reassemble, please make sure the two small plastic tubes that are at the right-hand end of the mechanism, below the print-head parking location are clipped-back into the plastic holder so they are angled backwards - this is to ensure they drain into a hole in the pad - it's fairly obvious if you look at the cut-outs in the pad at the right-hand-side of the printer.

One other thing ..... you've got it all apart, so why not use a soft paintbrush to clean all the dust out of the mechanism, that will undoubtedly have built-up - just be gentle and dont 'scrub' at things .....

Lastly ..... dont forget to go through the print-head alignment routine once you've got it all back together - all that struggling and swearing trying to get the mechanism out and cleaned will undoubtedly have shifted something !!

Hope this helps
by Rick Beament on Aug 2, 2007 at 3:26am Add comment
On printing the vertical or horizonal has microline's all the way across. When you try to get an alignment with the block's and all the line's come down then you select, all of the time zero, there are lines all the way down. Can not select zero. Also new print head does not fix unit. There is a mark 1" in on the right side all the way down. Does not matter what kind of paper or size. Using Canon ink's.
by unknown on Aug 10, 2007 at 8:06am Add comment
Oh happy day! Thanks to the info found here, I was able to:

- Disconnect the Power and USB Cords
- Pop out the USB port cover for a "grasping point" then remove the cover
- Pull and clean the small square sponge on the left
- Locate the five (5) screws that hold the printing mechanism to the printer base
*** One (1) at the back left
*** One (1) at the back right
*** One (1) at the front right that holds a bracket
*** Two (2) at the front left that hold a bracket
- Remove the five (5) screws that hold the printing mechanism to the printer base (then red acrylic paint their edges for future identification)
- Lift up and support the entire printing mechanism
- Use latex gloves to pull the ink soaked pad from the belly of the beast and clean it in an old plastic dishpan in the kitchen sink (then squeeze excess water onto paper towels and let it air dry for twenty-four hours)
- Contact a folded paper towel to the five (5) pad tabs on the underside of the printing mechanism to wick the ink from them
- Replace the small square sponge and the "belly pad"
- Reposition the entire printing mechanism being careful to position the two (2) small drainage tubes correctly and reset the five (5) screws and two (2) brackets
- Replace the cover (grateful for the secure snap down action to easily create the needed contact for the Power/Resume buttons)
- Pop in the USB port cover and reconnect the Power and USB cords
- Perform the Power/Resume buttons reset sequence (those eight amber flashes were a royal pain!)
*** 1. Power off
*** 2. Press and hold Resume button
*** 3. Press and hold Power button
*** 4. Release Resume button
*** 5. Press Resume button two (2) times
*** 6. Release Power button
*** 7. At a moment when the Green light is solid press the Resume button four (4) times
*** 8. Press the Power button to turn off the printer (might need to press the Power button a second time for off action)
*** 9. Done deal!
- Perform the Nozzle Check and Print Head Alignment utility functions (NOT the Cleaning or Deep Cleaning utility functions!)
- Enjoy your "like new" Canon S9000 printer!

CAUTION: Several intermittent hand washings will be required throughout this entire process! :-)

Good luck to all!

Bg
by Beej on Aug 14, 2007 at 6:20am Add comment
The proceedure for the reset is slightly different for UK model Printers.
Turn the power on, remove the printhead, turn power off.

With the printhead out, press and hold resume , release resume and then press resume twice and release power.

When the green light stays on , press resume 4 times and then press power once. Replace the printhead and then press resume 4 times, press power once to go back into maintainance mode and then once again to power off and save settings.
by deadzeb on Aug 23, 2007 at 12:23pm Add comment
Great thread. I just got the "ink tank" message on my S900. I just used tissues to blot out all the ink from the pad, reset the printer and was good to go. I think I will do the "blot" thing every few months as preventative maintenance rather than pull the thing apart.

I don't know if the error message is linked to cleaning cycles or actual ink on the pad, but I can tell you my ink pad was loaded, and I hadn't done a cleaning cycle in quite some time.

Thanks to everyone for all the great info (and a tip of the hat to Google, who has helped me repair hundreds of items and save thousands of dollars).
by unknown on Nov 5, 2007 at 6:40am Add comment
I thought that the main trouble was that the ink feed cradle became blocked, and that is extremely difficult to clean. If that really is the case then merely clearing the ink is insufficient, but, if it works for you, then great - keep on doing it.
I have an ink feed cradle which I have had soking in Milton, which is a sterlising/cleaning agent. I very much doubt if it will work but I shall try it out fairly soon.
Philip Tarbuck - Anonymous
I have the i9900 and am getting black lines on the back of my prints. They run the length of the paper and are about an inch apart. I successfully cleaned the used ink tank on my 9000 a couple of years ago, and I'm wondering if the same method works on the newer 9900. Could my black line problem have anything to do with the used ink tank, or is it something different altogether? If not the tank, then what should I clean? This is a real problem because I want to print calendars and that calls for printing on both sides of the paper. btw: I have used this printer for four years and have never had any problems, nor cleaned any part of it. These Canon printers are the best.
by joanagan on Nov 6, 2007 at 11:38am Add comment
To Joanagain:
Lines on the back side of paper run thru the printer suggests that the lower rollers need cleaning. It is possible that the roller materioal could be breaking down and need replacing; but cleaning should be the first ordere of bussiness. Good Luck - Anonymous
can you tell me where you buy you canon dye ink in bottle
by unknown on Feb 4, 2008 at 11:40am Add comment
Marc - I doh't think you will ever find Canon ink as such supplied by Canon in bulk/bottles for refilling. Properitery issues ya know. There is a wide range of quality in aftermaket ink but I have found one that refills and works better than others for me. It is at www.inkhetkits.com. Good Luck
by unknown on Feb 4, 2008 at 3:04pm Add comment
Could someone let me know how to clean out the Waste Ink Tray for my Canon I9900. I would like to know if its something I can do myself or should have someone else do it. Oh once I do clean it do I need to do anything after that or just turn it back on? Thank you..
by unknown on Feb 7, 2008 at 11:00am Add comment
How do I go about removing/cleaning those lower rollers on the i9900? If the question has been posted and answered before, please point me to it. Thanks....
by joanagan on Feb 8, 2008 at 10:13pm Add comment
well......

after hours of driving around, calling around, and reading tips I've officially destroyed my Canon s9000 in trying to fix it. From cleaning that bottom pad, to cleaning that little punk ass sponge, to flushing the ink head with warm water, to using the air spray can to blow it out...

Nothing worked. This printer might have beat me in the game of patience and trying to figure things out. It was no match against me in kick boxing though!!!

by unknown on Mar 4, 2008 at 11:57pm Add comment
Thanks everyone for all the input on my S9000, its 5 years old and prints on average 100 4x6 & 8x11 color pictures per month. My sales force & production managers always pick the 9000 for its quality even though I own 14 printers (laser's, HP's color & some epson's)all on my server. When we started having Used Ink Tank problems & bad colors (We have always used canon ink)I found your forum & read every responce with notes on parts, manuals etc which I am very happy I did. After reading all the post I had the unit apart in 10 minutes and all the ink pads in water cleaned & drying in another 30 minutes. The print head made me nervous so I just kept bloting it with paper towel overnight while (I took it home)waiting for the pads to dry. The next morning had back togeather and online in an hour.
Question: Does anyone have the part # for the print head? I want to order new pads & print head before Canon stops supplying parts for the best color printer I have ever owned. I am in the commerical construction business and we take thousands of pictures every year to support our change order charges.
Thanks in advance
Pat
by ept on Mar 9, 2008 at 8:56am Add comment
To Pat at EPI:
I have two S9000 and a i900D. Have had to buy printheads for both in the past and the best service and price I found was at Inkcessories.com. The pintheaed Part# QY6-0039. That is the Canon number
Chipp
by unknown on Mar 9, 2008 at 10:08pm Add comment
Hi all,
I came across this site through Google. Had a problem with my S9000 not being able to print. Phoned a repair guy in the UK who said that he couldn't get parts for Canon, so I was really resigned to purchasing a new printer (Yes, I would go Canon again, probably Pixma Pro9000). Anyway, I read through the threads and foud the one talking about Generic "S" series reset Codes. It worked... Finally I have my printer working again.
Many, Many thanks to all who contribute and run this web site. Your work/input is so appreciated. Best regards, Peter
by Peterb02 on Mar 28, 2008 at 5:48am Add comment
Success!

I reset the printer code, opened my S9000, cleaned the giant sopping pad, let it dry and just reassembled everything. From start to finish it took me about 2.5 hours. With two days of air drying the pad in 80 degree summer heat and humidity!

Thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge and made this possible. I hate to throw away a perfectly good printer. It's bad enough that Canon and Apple have 'hobbled' the S900 since Mac OS X no longer seems to let me print wirelessly... unless someone know a way around this?

Bill
by billsabram on Jul 10, 2008 at 7:18am Add comment
This has been a great forum. A huge help. I did the reset, did the deep clean and aligned the heads. Since the resets the photos I have printed have been terrible. Any suggestions. Replace print heads???? The printer was printing much better prior from to the reset. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
by unknown on Oct 22, 2008 at 7:08pm Add comment
Check your inks to make sure they are in the correct slot! Also check your inks to make sure there is no color contamination, you can easily tell if the yellow is brown and not yellow or the magenta is purple or maroon instead of magenta. If you have a contamination problem, replace both the inks and the print heads.
Please use Canon inks as they are alcohol based and clean and cool the print heads which need to operate and a very specific temperature. If you use generic ink which is water based, you will eventually fry your printhead.
Its one thing to know how to reset the waste ink warning, but its entirely another thing to know why its happening. Your dealing with wet liquid ink. Inside the printer are blotters to absorb the wet ink from normal use, cleanings and purgings. When you reset the waste ink counter without checking or changing the blotters you do run the risk of wet ink eventually seeping out of the printer and ruining your nice oak desk or your wife's coffee table. Neither of which I think you want to do! If you can't get it serviced properly, then you should at least buy a new set of blotters and do it yourself.
You can find blotters for all Canon inkjet printers at beckscrs.com. They an authorized Canon service center and parts reseller.

BAB
Authorized Canon Tech
by BAB on Oct 24, 2008 at 6:28am Add comment
I followed these instuctions written for the s9000 on my i9100 and got it to work (yeah!):

"Waste Ink Tank Reset

1. Turn off printer

3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.

4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.

5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.

6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.

7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.

8. Your printer should respond as normal."

However, it didn't give a solid green light in step 6 (alternated green and orange" so I finally just went to step 7 (pushed twice) and IT WORKED!
by Anonymous on Oct 30, 2008 at 1:22am Add comment
I've done all that but can't get the blasted cover back on! Anyone know how?
by chrisby123 on May 4, 2009 at 3:11am Add comment
Hey folks, I have a great i9900 I want to sell. It is about five years old, but still going strong. The rollers need cleaning as they sometimes leave small streaks on the backside of the paper, but that is easily done. It has a good supply of ink in it, plus, I have a set of new Canon cartridges that haven't even been opened. I may not have a new red or green, but I do have the basic six pack. I just don't have room for that large a printer anymore. It's a steal for only $200. The ink is worth almost half that. I'm in the Los Angeles, CA area, but can ship it to you.
by joanagan on May 4, 2009 at 10:57pm Add comment
Hi guys, I too have a full ink tank so my cannon i250 tells me, a small machine I know but essential for me. At the risk of sounding a bit thick, does anyone know how to access the sponges so I can clean/empty the tray? Oh, and the code I have seen in this thread, will it be the same for the i250? I have tried to reset using it but it wont play so I guess the tank is full.

Cheers to anyone who replys !!
by unknown on Jun 19, 2009 at 7:30pm Add comment
Hi
Great thread
S9000. I had 7 orange flashes...
I have done the big clean-out and a print-head flush as well.
On putting it back together I'm now getting two orange flashes, and the carriage is parking at the wrong end of the track.
Any suggestions as to what I have done wrong?
by Anonymous on Nov 5, 2009 at 8:22pm Add comment
Greetings All,

My S9000 seems to do many unnecessary head cleanings, like it almost always needs to clean before printing. Besides the delay, it's frustrating to hear the sound of cash dribbling into the used ink tank.

I recently did the ink pad cleaning and when I saw how much ink was in the pad, I nearly passed out! There had to be 30 carts of ink down there!

I have contacted Canon, and of course they claim there's no way to control cleaning cycles- why would they? It would only cut into their obscene ink profits!

Anybody got any ideas on a work-around? It's a workhorse of a printer, and even as old as it is, still spits out great photos, but this wasteful cleaning nonsense needs to stop.
by Boliver on Nov 9, 2009 at 6:12pm Add comment
For what it's worth, I bought my s9000 in 2003 or 2004. I went with cheap ink refills (they refilled the original cartridges) from a store on ASU's campus. The print head was toast in 3 months flat and managing the colors was a nightmare. (Though the refill ink did work well with cheaper Kodak paper)

Ever since then, I have used Canon ink, and I have not had to replace the print head since. The printer has gone through days on end of heavy use, and sometimes it sits for a while.

I also saved almost every empty ink cartridge, and Staples now gives me $3 for each recycled cartridge, up to 10 a month. That pays for most of my ink now, which is great, because the original $9-$12 per Canon brand BCi-6 cartridges has skyrocketed to $14-$16!

It is now 2009, and I am having to do the used ink tank clean/reset for the first time. It's possible that when I had a printer repair shop replace my print head in 2004 they did this for me.

Thanks for all the help in this thread!
by Anonymous on Dec 3, 2009 at 12:42pm Add comment
This whole thread had been crazy good, but I still have a problem. My Yellow ink cartrige disappears without use. Is that do to the print head? Jummyzzz said something about sealing the cartrige correctly, I believe I do that. (with the rubber plugs that come with kit I buy from Stratitec).

Can someone help?

By the way, it is no problem to get the cover off, please tackle the issue of the "used ink tank full", as I did. I stayed clean, rinsed it right in my kitchen sink, and never got a spot on me. It was not hard, just dried too long in the oven. It too shrank and I had to wet a little to stretch back into shape. Again, no problem there, but I wore gloves for that one.

Can someone help with the yellow ink problem???

ripleymann
by Ripleymann on Jan 7, 2010 at 12:27pm Add comment
from ripleymann:
"My Yellow ink cartrige disappears without use. Is that do to the print head? Jummyzzz said something about sealing the cartrige correctly, I believe I do that. (with the rubber plugs that come with kit I buy from Stratitec)"

By the very words you wrote, it is obvious you are using refilled cartridges. If the ink dissappears without your using it, then it has to be leaking out. Why not bite the bullet and buy the genuine Canon Yellow ink and see what happens. If is is the print head, then it will also dissappear and you will know that is the problem. If it doesn't, then you still have your answer. I have used my i9900 since 2004 and gone through the cycles of using generic or refillable ink cartridges. It just doesn't pay. Regardless of the price, the Canon ink is the best and will keep your printer working the way it is suppossed to.
by joanagan on Jan 7, 2010 at 4:24pm Add comment
Thanks for the note. Yes, I did try to replace with a Canon ink, which I often do. However, at that time I just thought it was always using more yellow. Now I know, within 24 hours the ink is gone and I just don't see this happening with other users. I can't find anyone else online to duplicate my problem. I guess I am surprised that there are no other reports of this, even on this tread which is 6 years old.

I was hoping someone else was able to tell me that they changed the printhead for the $100 and it worked for this same problem.

I guess I may need to experiment!

ripleymann - Anonymous
If you are losing the yellow only, both with the refilled cartridge, and the Canon cartridge, then it does point back to the printer head. Sounds like just that one point of contact is messed up. Be sure to post if you find the solution.
by joanagan on Jan 8, 2010 at 3:56pm Add comment
Thank you for your opinion. I will try the Printerhead and let you all know.

ripleymann - Ripleymann
Hey everybody, so I popped off the printer lid, cleaned out the sponges, and rinsed out the printer head in warm water. But now, after following the steps to reset the printer:

Waste Ink Tank Reset

1. Turn off printer

3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.

4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.

5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.

6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.

7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.

8. Your printer should respond as normal.

I can't seem to get past step 5. It never stopped blinking and still blinked green to 7 amber. I proceeded anyways as anon said but it still blinks green to 7 amber after I turn it back on. Anybody else have the same problem?

Thanks!
---Jimmy
by Anonymous on Jan 23, 2010 at 10:47am Add comment
Hi Jimmy, I get the same problem. Printer is now in bits hoping that someone can help? - Anonymous
I am finally getting back to the link to answer my problem for those who care. After Clening out the ink sponge, and getting the printer back together, my yellow ink was still departing without doing any printing. I invested in the $80 printer head and installed a couple months ago. The printer is working like brand new, and I am glad I fixed it and didn't toss away. I am once again using it for my side business and personal use on photo's and larger mosaic projects.

ripleymann in MN.
by unknown on May 20, 2010 at 11:55am Add comment
I bookmarked this page years ago knowing that someday I would need it. All this time, I just waited for this error. OK, I followed directions. I somehow managed to pry off the cover of my S9000, unscrewed it, pulled out the ink pad, cleaned it out, dried it out, put it back, screwed it back, reset the printer, reinstalled it on the computer, and printed a page. But how the heck do you get that stupid cover back on? Is there some trick to it that I didn't notice when I was prying it off? I can clip on the left side for the most part, but not the right, or I can get the fronts, but nothing else. I think I have some kind of mental block for this sort of thing. I can take apart a computer or peripheral and fix it, but I can't always get the outer cover back together again. I have an old Atari 800 that I opened up and can't get that completely back together either. Is there anyone still here who can give me a hint?
by unknown on Jun 19, 2010 at 1:57am Add comment
I love this forum, it never dies. I think Canon made the printer hard to get apart on purpose. They just didn't realize the tenacity of the owners. Congratulations, banai, on your accomplishment. Now, putting it back together is as hard as taking it apart, as you realize. I would say that if some of the clips meet, they all must. If even one snaps, then they all will eventually. You should use the screwdriver. Just as you pried them apart to release them, they now need to be pried apart so they can snap back together.

by joanagan on Jun 19, 2010 at 10:05am Add comment
Unbelievable. Just needed a fresh perspective. For the record, getting the cover on is simple if you do everything else right. I actually screwed down the whole printer mechanism incorrectly. All the screws went in and it seemed good, but it wasn't. Once I reseated the whole thing and screwed it down properly, the cover went on easily. D'oh! Thanks to anyone who's still getting notifications on this forum who left some of these instructions that I used.
by unknown on Jun 22, 2010 at 5:51am Add comment
Thanks for all the info on here. I have had a S530d for several years and didn't know it had an ink tank. Followed the directions and I was finally able to print. Thought I was going to have to buy a new printer. I just love my canon.
by unknown on Jan 29, 2011 at 4:19pm Add comment
Elisabetta, you're amazing! It worked. I have rarely replied to posts, but this worked a treat and I thank you very much for your words of wisdom.

Cheers

Mark
by unknown on Sep 3, 2011 at 1:56am Add comment
Just popped back in to tell ya'll that I no longer needed the large format printer, so got rid of it and bought an Epson Artison 810. Don't go that route. Will definitely go back to Canon!!! Epson works good, but only if you use Epson Paper, which is more expensive than any other kind. They won't even back up the warrantee if they know you aren't using their paper.
by joanagan on Sep 3, 2011 at 3:12pm Add comment
Haya! Thanks for the answer. This is the code as explained earlier in the thread:

1. Turn off power.
Resume button go.
buttons go.
4 times.
8. Done.

See if it works. It worked fine with me :)
by Elisabetta on May 9, 2005 at 1:05am Add comment
Hi,

I used the reset code on my Canon S300 and it works fine.

What I haven't been able to do is find the waste ink pad. Does anyone know where to find it on a S300 model?
by AnaBanana on Mar 18, 2007 at 11:38pm Add comment
Where can I find and implement reset code please, or did you mean right hand button on top of printer? - unknown