fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by cwa (5/16/12 7:36 PM) reply + / -
Hi guys,
I'm trying to fix a P07 error on my Canon MP280 printer. This is apparently caused by a full waste absorber. I've been able to get my printer into service mode (from power off, hold down stop/reset, hold down power, relese stop/reset, then press stop/reset 5 times), and I've loaded up a service tool, but when I click the various buttons (clear waste absorber, set waste absorber etc) they don't actually do anything, despite the program saying the operation was successful. When I check the EEPROM it still says D=100.1. I'm not sure if the version of the service tool I'm using might be the cause, when I try a different version, all the buttons give me errors. What should I do?

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by cwa (5/21/12 9:49 PM) reply + / -
*bump*

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by jann31 (5/25/12 9:20 AM) reply + / -
Hi CWA,

Some solutions to solve this error here:
http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.fr

Good luck !

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by cwa (6/3/12 5:41 PM) reply + / -
No entries for the MP280 (or any other MP series printer) on that blog that I could find :(

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by boffin125105 (6/13/12 11:40 PM) reply + / -
I am having the same problem have searched the net for hours trying to find a cure.

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by boffin125105 (edited 6/14/12 12:21 AM) reply + / -
Eureka I have a solution

1: turn off printer
2: Whilst pressing down stop/reset button (denoted by triangle inside a cycle) press the power button and hold down stop/reset button until power light comes on, continue to hold down power button and release stop/reset button
3: Continue to hold down power button and press stop/reset button 6 more times, alarm light will toggle on and off as you do this
4: Release all buttons , printer has now entered service mode of operation
5: download service tool v1074 from below website and extract file once downloaded and run the file to open service tool page
http://printertools.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/servicetool-v1074.html
6: towards the top of the page find the "clear ink counter" section and click on the "main" button now scroll down page to find "ink absorber counter" on the left and to the right of that "counter value" ensure ink absorber counter box reads "main" and counter value reads "0" now click the set button to the right of the counter value box.
Also
7: the printer will now make some noise and will print out a page of paper, you will also get a couple of prompts on your computer screen telling you a process has been completed just click on the prompts.
8: once that is complete turn the printer off wait a few seconds and turn it back on and your back in business, at least I was, I hope it works for you also

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by boffin125105 (6/14/12 4:10 PM) reply + / -
Still working this morning so all looks good.

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by cwa (6/14/12 5:36 PM) reply + / -
No go for me sadly :( I can get the printer into service mode (5 reset button presses also appears to do the same thing) but the printer doesn't try to print anything when I finish the proceedue with the service tool. I get notification windows that imply that everything was successful but no printing happens and the printer still has a full waste absorber.

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by boffin125105 (6/14/12 5:58 PM) reply + / -
you do have a mp280 don't you?

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by cwa (6/14/12 6:19 PM) reply + / -
I do, but it's an Australian model, and there's sometimes differences between printers from different regions even if the model is the same, so it might be that. Either that, or there's something wrong with the printer.

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by boffin125105 (6/14/12 10:34 PM) reply + / -
I'm in Oz also so it can't be that, maybe try again, I did leave it sitting after entering service mode for quite a while whilst I downloaded and extracted the service tool so maybe that was the key, anyway maybe you will have better luck 2nd time. Joe

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by boffin125105 (6/18/12 5:59 PM) reply + / -
I also had a problem with another mp280 with error code 5200 P08 and I used the same procedure as above for the P07 and it also fixed the P08 problem.

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by pierto25 (10/7/12 10:51 PM) reply + / -
Hello! everyone! I try more time but wehen i click on the main below the ink counter, but nothing appears. Thanks

HOW TO CLEAR INK ABSORBER FULL ON CANON PRINTERS by jerie (10/21/12 8:30 AM) reply + / -
If you are really serious about getting back to business without much stress just call Jerry on (+263)775 140 445,(+263)713 285 990 I service canon printers without spending much time, after 30mins everything will be fine with guarantee, its wise to do it the shorter and faster way than spending days trying to find solution on the net, yes coz at tyms the information you find on net is not enough to make u understand and do the job. Cheers

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by Parekoy (10/24/12 9:11 AM) reply + / -
i am doing the hold press the power and stop/reset button... I even click the stop/reset button 5 times while holding down the power button....nothing happened except the steady light in ALARM and i can even turned off my printer...for me to to turned it off is should unplugged it....please somebody help me. I badly need to use my printer....thanks in advance

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by faisan98 (edited 11/11/12 7:35 AM) reply + / -
I have a Canon Mp280, this showing p07 error code, when I try to enter service mode, using the step by step

step to enter services mode
2: Whilst pressing down stop/reset button (denoted by triangle inside a cycle) press the power button and hold down stop/reset button until power light comes on, continue to hold down power button and release stop/reset button
3: Continue to hold down power button and press stop/reset button 6 more times, alarm light will toggle on and off as you do this

just stays on the alarm led and the program for reset donīt work

please help me

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by boffin125105 (11/11/12 2:30 PM) reply + / -
I don't know why it doesn't work for your mp280 i tried it again on my printer just now and it entered service mode no problems, maybe you are not holding the buttons exactly as described.

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by sorted123 (11/18/12 2:32 PM) reply + / -
Youtube video is a 250 or 270 solution, but it worked for my 280 as well. I had the same error "5200" and the POS wasn't playing the game. The link of boffin125105 didn't work for mine. When old mate on you tube presses the reset twice at the beginning with the on/off button held down, try pressing the rest button 6 times as suggested by boffin. It didn't work when I did it twice, but did with six. Then follow the rest and all is good. Hope it helps.

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by junroy (12/8/12 12:53 AM) reply + / -
any help pls.
everytime i do these steps:

my computer will ask to install new found hardware it says: canon device and when i tried to install the driver it cant.. pls help pls.. i cant proceed to reset coz the resetter errors the code 006 what should i do? pls help pls.

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by liyanpi (6/18/13 8:03 PM) reply + / -
while doing the steps from your posts, my printer was turned off and I can no longer turn it on. I hit the power button several times but still does not work. i even unplug the cord, even the power cord from the outlet :( please heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp me!

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by biplab ganguly (8/28/13 12:37 PM) reply + / -
dear everybody i use canon pixma mp 280. from few days an error code shown my printer and i can not able to run it. the error code is p 0 9. pls help me.

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by Callum Henderson (9/12/13 7:59 AM) reply + / -
I have an pixma MP499. Spent a couple of days following various online suggestions and was struggling to get the printer on to service mode. After following normal instructions (pressing reset 2 or 4 times) it came up with a 1 rather than the 0 which would indicate service mode. So when tried to reset counter it gave error. I reset the printer first (take out usb, unplug, presss on/off once, leave ten minutes, reusb and plug) and then did the usual routinewith the reset button but this time did 6 times and it worked. I did then get an error message for empty cartridges but this can be overridden. worth persevering!

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP499 waste absorber by DCCR (11/11/13 3:06 AM) reply + / -
Help I have tries downloading the CD again, downloaded drivers off the internet, followed other instructions, albeit not for my exact model of canon, nothing. Could you please help me get my printer up and running again. Thanks

Re: Trying to reset Canon MP280's waste absorber by RW42 (2/19/14 12:47 PM) reply + / -
This worked for me when the printer wouldn't let me print because it said the black cartridge was empty. I think it helped reset the counter even though the black ink light still flashed. It did get rid of my error code P-1 6 and might clear up the waste absorber problem. I found it on YouTube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNP1FTZpIx0

Note: there is a point where the printer is making a loud noise when he says to press the Stop/Reset button again. I actually didn't follow the directions to that point as I couldn't figure out for awhile what was being said. But, just getting it to recycle fixed my problem as the Error code went away and it printed perfectly. The gist of it is to follow the video and try different permutations and possibly a random attempt will help fix your problem. Good luck and God bless.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters