fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by David Etling (4/11/12 2:16 PM) reply + / -
Have installed a new black toner cartridge and still says replace toner. Have tried the "open cover, press black start, press 1 to reset. Also have tried the press 10 to reset. Neither worked. Any help out there?

Re: Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by betokamacho (4/18/12 5:33 PM) reply + / -
Same Problem.

Re: Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by betokamacho (4/18/12 5:44 PM) reply + / -
OTHER FORUMS:

Answer1: "To get to the reset menu, hit the stop/exit button. then the number 3 and 9 at the same time.

We had trouble getting to the reset menu. What was listed in the manual didn't work and we couldn't find anything about it online. After an hour on tech support with Brother and having to send in the reciept of the new drum that we purchased, they finally gave us the answer."

doesnt work!

Answer2
"1. Turn on the printer

2. Push the button on the front of the printer to open the cartridge door.
Don't remove the cartridges.

3. Push the Clear/Back button to bring up a reset menu. There are 9 different
toner functions (for simplicity, three K's, three C's, three M's, and
three Y's).

4. For each of these nine functions in turn, push the O.K. button and then push it
again to indicate 'Reset'. After a few seconds, it will say 'Accepted' and will
then display a message that the cover is open.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each of the 9 toner functions.

6. When finished, close the door and the status bar will be reset to normal with
no error message."

I can´t Find the "clear/Back" button!! ¬¬'

Re: Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by SuppliesOutlet (3/20/13 1:56 PM) reply+1 + / -
The reset menu on this printer can be a little tricky and not always show up. Due to the printer not always displaying cover is open. To correctly fix the issue please follow the below instructions.

1. Completely remove the drum from the printer and then turn the printer off.
2. Then turn the printer on with the drum removed and cover open.
3. The printer will say “Cover is open”, and then press the “1” Key and it will take you to the Reset menu.
4. Look for the toner cartridge that needs to be reset. K.TNR-HK would be black for example and choose that option.
Printer will say “Accepted”.
At this point it should be reset.

Re: Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by txrking99 (7/20/13 11:23 AM) reply + / -
I just did this on the the brand new MFC-9970CDW that I just bought and started using on Monday of this week. First I put electrical tape over the "eyes" on the cartridge, closed the door and was still receiving the low toner message. I opened the cover and pressed "1" on the dialpad and that brought up the Reset Menu. I reset the standard black toner and it works fine now.

Brother MFC-9970CDW and DCP-9270CDN Toner Reset ! by XavierD (2/3/14 10:19 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for this post !
I had the same problem with a DCP-9270CDN, reset gear in "full" position, laser holes obfuscated by the manufacturer(OEM cartridge).

The "maintenance menu" (obtained by typing * 2 8 6 4 while in standard menu) does provide infos about internal counters like YTN_ERM yellow toner remaining, but no way to reset them.

The service manual (which is common to DCP-9055CDN, DCP-9270CDN, MFC-9460CDN, MFC-9465CDN, MFC-9560CDW, MFC-9970CDW) says to enter the "reset menu" by typing "back" when front cover is open.
But DCP-9270CDN has a touchscreen and a little keyboard with no "Back" key.

When toner is low, the touchscreen shows a procedure beginning by "open front cover". No matter the key you type, nothing happens.

At last, the "Toner Reset Menu" shows up when typing "1" after powering on with drum removed, cover open. It's easy then to reset the counters that need to be.

As a result, the printer works again, and the "reset menu" is now available at any time by typing "1" with power on and front cover open.
Firmware is at last level.

Re: Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by lisach (3/14/14 7:23 AM) reply + / -
I am having difficulty following the steps listed here, and other places, to access the maintenance menu.

When in standard menu I try pressing * 2 8 6 4 and my machine only beeps multiple times with each press. Thinking this was a deterrent I continue but no maintenance menu presents itself. I have tried this with the cartridge door open and with it closed. Same results.

Can anyone give me better instructions?

Re: Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by SuppliesOutlet (3/14/14 7:39 AM) reply + / -
Open the toner access door, take out the drum. Turn the printer off, then back on. when you turn it on open the door and press the 1 button. This will enable the reset menu.

Re: Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by lisach (3/16/14 12:46 PM) reply + / -
Thank-you for the reply. But I am trying to get to what I think is the "Maintenance Menu", Not the reset menu. I want to see the page count for each toner cartridge.

Re: Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by Realtorcvb (4/2/14 9:21 AM) reply + / -
After refilling my cartridges, I am not able to reset my machine so I can print. I keep getting the message low toner, open door. Do I have to reset for each color or does one "reset" cover all of the toner colors ?

Re: Brother MFC-9970CDW Toner Reset by Bsarchet (4/2/14 3:21 PM) reply + / -
You have to reset each.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters