fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon MX700 error U052 - Incorrect print head

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon MX700 error U052 - Incorrect print head by PrintUse (10/10/11 4:14 PM) reply + / -
I get the error message, "The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head" on my Canon MX700 printer. This is the same print head it came with. It just started giving me this error message. I've replaced all the print cartridges with new ones, and I've cleaned the print head (and contacts on both the printer and the print head). I still get the same problem. Is there a way to reset the chip on the print head so that it recognizes it again, or is the chip toast? Also, is there a way to still use the scanner even if the print head is bad?

Re: Canon MX700 error U052 - Incorrect print head by Lancer777 (11/15/11 9:37 PM) reply + / -
I get the error message, "The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head" on my Canon MX700 printer.It Had worked fine for quite some time so this does'nt make sense.Anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Re: Canon MX700 error U052 - Incorrect print head by Arcee (11/21/11 3:09 PM) reply + / -
I have experienced the same problem, and from what I have found searching the net, there is no reasonable solution. If indeed the printhead is suddenly defective (it is not "incorrect", that is an insult to our intelligence), a new one costs about $80.

I don't know about you, but I am extremely wary to invest that kind of money into this crappy printer. I have a friend who has the same printer (no problems, YET!) so I will probably give him my-almost-full ink cartridges.

Other than being a very large paperweight, there is not a DAMN THING this unit will do once this error message shows up.

If you search around the net you will find that it is not only the MX700 that has this problem. It seems to be very common among Canon units. The only solution is to boycott this company, do not buy ANY of their products. Canon SUCKS!

Re: Canon MX308 can't send fax by lonie (11/21/11 6:34 PM) reply + / -
- everytime i send fax to clients it displays auto redial.
- when i check my printers memory reference and printed the
documents..the printed documents is the same documents that i
sent to my clients
- plese help me with this.

thank you

Re: Canon MX700 error U052 - Incorrect print head by insomnia000 (11/22/11 1:53 AM) reply + / -
I had a canon that did the same thing. I even replaced the print head and got the same error. The best solution i found for this problem is a hammer or cricket bat have a bit of stress relif and then buying a new printer

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters