PrintUse

asked Oct 10, 2011 at 4:14pm
Canon Canon Pixma MX700

Canon MX700 error U052 - Incorrect print head

I get the error message, "The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head" on my Canon MX700 printer. This is the same print head it came with. It just started giving me this error message. I've replaced all the print cartridges with new ones, and I've cleaned the print head (and contacts on both the printer and the print head). I still get the same problem. Is there a way to reset the chip on the print head so that it recognizes it again, or is the chip toast? Also, is there a way to still use the scanner even if the print head is bad?
I get the error message, "The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head" on my Canon MX700 printer.It Had worked fine for quite some time so this does'nt make sense.Anyone had this problem and found a solution?
by Lancer777 on Nov 15, 2011 at 9:37pm Add comment
I have experienced the same problem, and from what I have found searching the net, there is no reasonable solution. If indeed the printhead is suddenly defective (it is not "incorrect", that is an insult to our intelligence), a new one costs about $80.

I don't know about you, but I am extremely wary to invest that kind of money into this crappy printer. I have a friend who has the same printer (no problems, YET!) so I will probably give him my-almost-full ink cartridges.

Other than being a very large paperweight, there is not a DAMN THING this unit will do once this error message shows up.

If you search around the net you will find that it is not only the MX700 that has this problem. It seems to be very common among Canon units. The only solution is to boycott this company, do not buy ANY of their products. Canon SUCKS!
by unknown on Nov 21, 2011 at 3:09pm Add comment
- everytime i send fax to clients it displays auto redial.
- when i check my printers memory reference and printed the
documents..the printed documents is the same documents that i
sent to my clients
- plese help me with this.

thank you
by lonie on Nov 21, 2011 at 6:34pm Add comment
I had a canon that did the same thing. I even replaced the print head and got the same error. The best solution i found for this problem is a hammer or cricket bat have a bit of stress relif and then buying a new printer
by insomnia000 on Nov 22, 2011 at 1:53am Add comment