fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP CP1025nw Ghosting/Too Much Toner

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP CP1025nw Ghosting/Too Much Toner by nboylan (8/31/11 6:09 PM) reply + / -
Model: HP CP1025nw

Problem: Images are ghosting, like there is too much tonor being stuck to the drum and it's getting repeated all the way down a page.

ONLY the color tonors are doing this. Black/text/excel sheets with borders, etc are not ghosting at all.

I've tried cleaning everything and wiping it down. Does it really need another drum already? It's almost brand new.

Re: HP CP1025nw Ghosting/Too Much Toner by nboylan (8/31/11 6:11 PM) reply + / -
I should also add, colored text is not ghosting. Black does, however, ghost when in an image or PDF.

Re: HP CP1025nw Ghosting/Too Much Toner by moe (8/31/11 6:45 PM) reply + / -
Only thing it could be is the black toner cartridge. It does seem a bit early for it to fail since the drum wiper should last longer. Those things come with starter cartridges that are only good for 750 pages, so it's close to empty. HP cartridges were guaranteed until out of toner, don't know if they still are. You'd have to look on the box the toner comes in and contact them and see if they'll replace it. Good luck.

Re: HP CP1025nw Ghosting/Too Much Toner by nboylan (8/31/11 6:48 PM) reply + / -
I'm running new cartridges in it now. The starters ran dry after about 500 pages. The first ~100 prints on the new toners were fine, but recently it's started this problem.

Why would it be just the black, when all 4 toners are ghosting on non-text, but nothing is ghosting on text or thin lines?

Re: Re: HP CP1025nw Ghosting/Too Much Toner by moe (8/31/11 9:27 PM) reply + / -
Sorry, didn't see the part about the color images ghosting. I thought they were originals. What is the source of the replacement cartridges? Are they HP OEM or remanufactured? If remanufactured, they can't be trusted. With that few copies on the printer, I'd have a real hard time blaming the fuser assy. which can also cause ghosting.

Re: HP CP1025nw Ghosting/Too Much Toner by nboylan (9/1/11 3:20 AM) reply + / -
They're original HP cartridges, not remanufactured. New from Staples.com

Re: HP CP1025nw Ghosting/Too Much Toner by nboylan (9/1/11 3:34 PM) reply + / -
So one of my friends who runs a different office has the same printer. I went over there today with mine, and we swapped toners and the image drum trying to figure out what the problem was. Even with all my pull-able parts in his machine, his would not reproduce the problem. With all his in mine, my printer still had the same issues.

Now I'm completely lost.

Re: HP CP1025nw Ghosting/Too Much Toner by moe (9/1/11 3:53 PM) reply + / -
That kind of leaves the fuser, which I find hard to believe. I've never tried it on one of those, but on the black and white lasers we do a half stop test. That involves stopping the paper just before it hits the fuser. That's done by opening the toner cartridge door at the right moment during a print job. Then you look at the image and if it's clean, then it's the fuser's fault. With only 3 months on the printer, you're best bet would be to get it replaced under warranty. Make sure you keep your new toners.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters