fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

xerox 8560 ram error

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

xerox 8560 ram error by skyespirit (5/27/11 2:04 PM) reply + / -
Hi, we had a storm, couldn't get to my printer before the power went off, now it has a ram error message. Did the power off and wait...did the remove and replace of the ram...even bought new ram...nothing is working. Anyone have any ideas please? I run a small non profit and we rely on this printer for everything.

Thanks,
Maryjane

Skye's Spirit Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
www.skyes-spirit.com

Re: xerox 8560 ram error by Bmindak66 (6/1/11 8:51 AM) reply + / -
Sounds like the storm blew the power supply/engine control module

Brett

Re: xerox 8560 ram error by skyespirit (6/1/11 9:59 AM) reply + / -
THanks Brett, I found a download of the repair manual and I'm hoping that I can get one to replace this one and pray it works. We just can't afford a repairman to come out.

Thanks so much!!

Maryjane

Re: xerox 8560 ram error by pjw73nh (11/10/11 11:36 AM) reply + / -
Well, it seems I have the exact same issue. Worked fine before we lost power (and went to generator power) Now there are no sounds, fans, clicks, nothing. RAM ERROR in the display. Pulled the ram module out. Nothing. Replaced the module with a new one. No difference. I took the unit apart and found 3 fuses on the power board in the electronics module. All tested good. There are two lights on the side of the electronics module where the AC cord plugs in, PE and PS. Page 3-3 of the service manual

http://www.inkcloners.com

Shows the PE LED and PS LED to indicate "Boot loader memory test failure. Ensure the printers RAM
chips are properly seated and that the correct RAM type for
this printer is installed."

I bought the same RAM (by specs) at Staples except it was a 512m module. (There is a 256 in there now. In the lower slot). No difference.

Xerox ram modules are $600. Xerox electronics module is $350.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I may just part this unit out and get an HP.

Thanks.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters