fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP CP1518 - Cool Down Mode

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP CP1518 - Cool Down Mode by terryriv (edited 3/27/11 7:12 AM) reply + / -
I have a HP CP1518 that is about 1 1/2 years old. The unit has been working great till recently. Now it prints about 25 pages then goes to Cool Down Mode for about 2-3 minutes then print another 2-3 sheets and go back to Cool Down Mode. If I cycle the power to the unit, I seem to be able to print another 25 sheets till it goes back to Cool Down.

I have replaced the cartridges, and have updated the firmware, but neither have helped. I have tried the HP forums, and there are posts on there, but no answers about this issue. I thought I would try on here and see if anyone had any ideas?

Thanks

Re: HP CP1518 - Cool Down Mode by terryriv (4/26/11 10:39 PM) reply + / -
Apparently this one has stumped everyone.

Re: HP CP1518 - Cool Down Mode by moe (4/26/11 10:52 PM) reply + / -
I guess nobody's ever seen it before. I sure haven't and there are no answers that I could find. Only thing is this from the service manual.

After prolonged continuous operation, or printing on narrow paper, the product must pause to cool. Printing will continue when the product has cooled.

Maybe have a fan blow on it? I'd point it at the back where the fuser is.

Re: Re: HP CP1518 - Cool Down Mode by terryriv (4/27/11 4:15 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for responding moe.

Yeah I had read that in the service manual as well, and thought it maybe a sensor that is going bad in the fuser as these printers have no fans. The strange part is that if I shut the printer off and start it back up, then I can print again for a while, but if I let it cool, then it will only do 1 or 2 sheets then error out again.

I talked with HP about the issue, and they want me to depot the printer, but won't tell me what part is bad. Also I have found several posts on this issue with various HP Color LaserJets of this style, and no one seems to have a response as to what causes this issue.

Re: HP CP1518 - Cool Down Mode by genuine Tech (12/5/12 10:28 AM) reply + / -
I am having the exact problem and it is frustrating i need to print multiple copies of a document but the printer keeps going in cool down mode therefore persons are here waiting 10 minutes to receive a reciept or invoice

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters