fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by shanstock (3/5/11 9:03 PM) reply + / -
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Brother HL-2270DW. It printed less than a ream (500 pages) with the cartridge the printer came with. It said it was out of toner - it was supposed to last 700 pages.

The Toner light came on, and as I'm sure most of you know, Brother printers REFUSE to print if they think they're out of toner (I didn't know this before I bought the product).

Also, I know there is a tape hack for Brother printers but this is a newer model and I cannot find where the sensors are, or if it even has sensors.

So I sucked it up and bought another toner cartridge, installed it correctly, and it STILL would not print. The window for the printer says it's out of toner, but when I "check supplies" it says that the Toner Cartridge is OK.

Also, when I go to print something, it spends a long time "sending file" but never actually rejects it - it's like the printer never receives it.

Please help. I contacted Brother customer support via email, and they said, "Thank you for taking the time to write us regarding your HL-2270DW. After reviewing your email, we determined that the steps that you have already taken should have resolved your issue. Please contact us at 877-Brother (877-276-8437) between the hours of 9:00 am and 8:00 pm ET, Monday through Friday to reach a Customer Service Representative.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced."

NOT VERY HELPFUL!!! Please offer any guidance.

Thank you!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by moe (3/6/11 7:46 AM) reply + / -
http://www.youtube.com

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by printman1 (5/25/11 11:05 PM) reply + / -
This video shows you how to resent the toner cartridge so that your printer thinks its a new one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W7so5-yDoY

All you do is unscrew this plastic thing and turn another plastic thing 180 degrees. Then you rescrew the plastic thing back on.

You can also manually refill it when it ACTUALLY runs out, but for now you should be fine.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Bizzyh87 (6/14/11 11:29 AM) reply+1 + / -
Solved it.
Go into the control page on your network. This will be whatever IP address your printer is on, for e.g. 192.168.1.x where x is the ip assigned by your network. Just type it into your address bar.

Once in, choose "printer settings" - it will ask you for a user name and password, and Brother tells you on the page to use "user" and "access"

Then go down to where it says Replace Toner - right down at the bottom. Change the bullet from "stop" to "continue". Press the "submit" button. Exit from the whole thing.... and off you go, printing away merrily again.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by jlungu (7/18/11 3:43 PM) reply + / -
I was also having the same problem after 748 prints on the included cartridge ... pretty clever (!) on Brother's part ... "Here man, the first cartridge is FREE!" But the buzz doesn't last very long ...

I used the solution above to set my printer to print while the Toner light was on. In my case I was able to use Brother's "BRAdmin Light" tool to access the printer's Homepage on the local area network. I believe the Homepage is the only place this setting can be changed, I was unable to find it in the Admin tool itself.

For me:

user = admin
passwd = access

The Option is located under the "Printer Settings" link at the very bottom of the page.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by nivek (7/18/11 6:50 PM) reply + / -
Yeah I looked this up for someone else. Unlike the old style brother toners which used the windows that you could block. this machine uses toner dot count and developer rotations to determine the life of the unit. Generally it will want to stop based on the dot count,toner consentration, to avoid running the toner cart empty resulting in poor print quality. By setting it to "continue" it goes to the number of developer rotations before stopping which is typically the longer of the two. When a new toner is installed the developer rotation count and bias is reset by the new sensor flag. Also another thing to consider is that warm up, opening doors, 1 page print outs, and power off and on requires developer rotations lessening the life of the unit. So the more continuos printing you do the longer the life of the unit if your basing it off page counts.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by minaleigh (10/13/11 12:09 AM) reply + / -
Hello,

I made the change to Continue, but it said "request acknowledged" and the machine still thinks it's out of toner.

Is there a way to get the thing to approve the request?

Thanks!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by minaleigh (10/13/11 5:18 PM) reply + / -
I did hit refresh; there were no changes. It still refuses to print.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by shanstock (10/14/11 10:13 AM) reply + / -
If you hit the "go" button, or whatever - there's a big button on the printer (I don't have mine in front of me). Hit it 7 times, and that'll override the printer thinking it's out of ink.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by minaleigh (10/19/11 5:59 PM) reply + / -
I did, it still doesn't want to print (toner light still blinking).

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by let (10/29/11 2:39 PM) reply + / -
I tried all three solutions shown above and found that the video with audio shown above, was a very quick easy solution for getting my printer to start printing again like new.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by R- (2/11/12 3:17 PM) reply + / -
I have tried most solutions for getting my toner light to turn off. I wanted to try Bizzyh87's solution, but don't know where the control page on my network is... Can anybody help so I can use my printer?

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by phiolle (3/6/12 7:42 PM) reply+4 + / -
Please do the following steps to reset the toner sensor.

- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the 'go' button (or "start' button) while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
- Release the 'go' button (or "start' button).
- Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 2 times.
- Pause. All panel lights should be on.
- Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 5 times.
The toner light should be off. (error may be flashing)
The paper light should be on or flashing.
- Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by dflash99 (3/20/12 5:56 PM) reply+1 + / -
This is the only button combination I have found that works to clear the towner low flashing led.

Thank you for taking the time to post it, man, really, thank you.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by brobri (4/23/12 11:41 AM) reply + / -
I got it to print again, but before I found out that it is not the actual level of toner that causes the printing to cease, I added more toner in from the little pop out hole on the side (the one with the void warranty tape over it). Now there is a gray haze over everything being printed. Is there a way to fix that? What did I do wrong?

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by philly5706 (5/11/12 10:44 PM) reply + / -
Leave it on.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by seriously (edited 5/11/12 11:38 PM) reply + / -
on only when needed. nothing to do with saving toner but to save power...

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by yob (6/8/12 7:43 PM) reply + / -
This key combination worked for me, but keep in mind it resets everything, so I had to re-install my printer on my wireless network for it to work again. As soon as it was installed, it started finishing the print job that it "ran out of ink" on. Thanks.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by LJmedia1 (8/6/12 1:21 PM) reply + / -
Two things you need to know if you own one of these printers:

1) There is a great video on YouTube that you need to watch to flip the gear around that resets the cycle counts ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W7so5=yDoY )

2) You can only add certain toner formulas to the toner in the cartridge, or you will wreck both the toner cartridge and your drum cartridge. I order my toner from Fillserv, and make sure you only use "Formula 7" for Brother printers. We have a cohort of 15 grad students using one printer, so we print a TON of documents on this little printer, and so we bought a 10kg bag for $395...and that translates to about $7 to refill our cartridges that used to cost us $89 at Office Depot. I kept six cartridges, so when I break open the bag to make a hideous mess I fill all six at once, rotate all the gears at once, and then set them our for our cohort to use for the next two months.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Twincol (9/8/12 3:32 PM) reply + / -
COSTCO member price 4 Brother DR420 Drum Unit (for 12,000 pages), delivered, is $70.59 FYI.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by bingooo (9/19/12 6:35 AM) reply + / -
I actually want to take the printer and smash it against a brick wall, nobody came up with that solution.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by forrestorser (11/6/12 8:18 AM) reply + / -
I tried some of the suggested fixes but none of them worked for me. I put a new cartridge in and printed one page. Then I took the new cartridge out and put the old one back in and it's still working fine, maybe a hundred pages later.

Thank you! by brawley (11/13/12 7:32 AM) reply + / -
Just wanted to take a second to offer a quick "thank you!" to the people who have spent a few minutes to post to this thread. Extremely helpful, would have been lost without you! Why doesn't Brother put this information on their own site? I don't understand why it has to be up to volunteers, but I am extremely grateful to those of you who helped out.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Bullroarer_Took (12/15/12 7:45 PM) reply + / -
After trying the spool turnaround and having no luck, I fixed it with the total reset procedure phiolle suggested. Thanks phiolle!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by bdernst (12/30/12 3:12 PM) reply + / -
Thank-you, everyone. I adjusted the gear and that seems to have worked. I will never buy another Brother product again. I'm wasting far too much time on the 2270DW.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by geewhiz (1/3/13 7:37 AM) reply + / -
Thanks phiolle!!!!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Walter McCall (1/11/13 12:48 PM) reply + / -
phiolle solution worked for me

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by agk (1/23/13 4:24 PM) reply + / -
OH MY GO!!! THANK YOU phiolle! I am off to an important meeting and couldn't print my documents because my printer thought it was out of toner! Bless YOU!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by weamish (2/4/13 10:33 PM) reply + / -
Tried this, but keep getting the same message: Printer Busy - Please try again.

Any idea how to get around this? Thanks!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Teufela (2/8/13 8:09 AM) reply + / -
I pushed the GO button 7 times and works fine for me.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Teufela (2/8/13 8:09 AM) reply + / -

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by MissV (2/17/13 7:10 AM) reply + / -
Oh my! I have been waiting for weeks for this Brother model to return to under a hundred bucks. After this thread, I probably won't. I've owned 2 Brother 2140s, a 2040 and HP laser for a few years with 0 problems.

Is this exasperating problem with a 'no toner' button the same issue with other wireless lasers?

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by goc (2/18/13 4:38 AM) reply + / -
My ML2270DW printer stopped printing. The "Toner" LED light is on.

Initially I replaced the toner cartridge with a 3rd party supplier product - the toner light remained on, the printer does not print.

I fixed the problem by following the instructions for a factory reset of the printer.

Then I reinserted the original toner cartridge - and yes - there is sufficient toner to print!

I will never again buy a Brother printer. I will never buy a Brother product. I will tell at least 10 of my friends and colleagues that this Brother printer wasted so much of my time and is cheating me by informing me of lack of toner when that is not true.

This is the only approach that a large organisation understands. I'd recommend you do the same thing.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by MissV (2/18/13 7:32 AM) reply + / -
Brother may have difficulty with this one product. I'm quite impressed with my other Brother laser printers and won't denigrate the company for this reason alone.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by cavman (3/9/13 6:33 AM) reply + / -
Well I'm at where most of you are...toner says it's low.

I've read thru the posts and saw a couple that interest me

Will phiolle's method REALLY work AS stated? I'm concerned if that may lead to some software issue that I'm not savy at fixing.

forrestorser posted a simple solution as well.....

I tried some of the suggested fixes but none of them worked for me. I put a new cartridge in and printed one page. Then I took the new cartridge out and put the old one back in and it's still working fine, maybe a hundred pages later.

Eventually you'll have to get a new toner anyway so I ask... DOES THIS METHOD WORK?

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by cavman (3/9/13 7:01 AM) reply + / -
Per Brother's site...

To enable Continue Mode, please follow the steps below:

Press the GO button 7 times (quickly). All of the LEDs should flash twice, and the Ready LED should turn on. Continue mode is now enabled.

To disable Continue Mode, please follow the steps below:

Press the GO button 7 times (quickly). All of the LEDs should flash once. Continue mode is now disabled.

Will this work? Will this print until the toner is actually empty?

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by cavman (3/9/13 7:06 AM) reply + / -
Another question...

If it is as easy as pushing a button 7 times, why are there videos showing how to change gears on the toners?

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by weamish (3/9/13 8:17 AM) reply + / -
Since overriding the toner shutdown, I've printed over 1,000 pages with no reduction in quality. This is obviously a scam by Brother to force the purchase of more toner.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by cavman (3/9/13 9:15 AM) reply + / -
weamish,

I assume that by "overriding the toner shutdown" you mean to do as per the website...

Press the GO button 7 times (quickly). All of the LEDs should flash twice, and the Ready LED should turn on. Continue mode is now enabled.

I'm still wondering why would Brother put enough toner in the cartridges when they're trying to get you buy another?

Seems a waste for Brother to set the toner to give a "Low Toner" message AND put more toner in than is necessary for the message.

Why wouldn't they ration the toner out to equal the set message?

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by 2fools (3/17/13 6:57 PM) reply + / -
We had replaced our cartridge with a new one, but the toner light stayed on. We did the workaround to set the printer to "continue" so no problems, but we would like to point out that updating the firmware (current number is 1.16) made our printer recognize the new cartridge and shut of the toner light! Double bonus

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by aquaphoenix (3/28/13 12:11 PM) reply+1 + / -
phiolle's toner reset sequence worked for me! thanks :)

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by suzanntee (4/2/13 1:10 AM) reply+1 + / -
Had to turn on and off one more time, but the button reset by phiolle worked like a charm!

See this post above
Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by phiolle (3/6/12 7:42 PM) reply

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by berndr (4/30/13 4:08 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for the hint with the management web page. "Continous" works. If it gives you "Printer busy" - have you tried turning it off and on again? That worked for me. Of course, if I knew that pushing the button 7 times does the same ... Anyway ... it works and it works okay for such a little machine.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Bolmards (5/8/13 8:44 PM) reply + / -
TO CLARIFY THINGS TO ANYONE PARANOID ABOUT TRYING THESE RESET METHODS....

PHIOLLE'S - METHOD WORKS GREAT!!!!!

I assume its the same as the push go seven times method....

or the enter "continue" mode method...

THE MANUAL GEAR RESET METHOD IS NOT NECESSARY!!!!
Although it may work just fine for you why bother...

If you have a hard time getting your brother to print because it goes offline and therefore turn it on and off a lot, it will slowly advance the gear that tells the printer its out of toner, I'm sure this is an attempt to get the people who hardly use their printers over a couple years to buy toner eventually too.

No need to manually reset the clock so to speak,
just enter "continue" mode

*Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.

1 Turn the printer off.

2 Hold the 'go' button (or "start' button) while turning the
printer on. All panel lights should be on.

3 Release the 'go' button (or "start' button).

4 Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 2 times.

5 Pause. All panel lights should be on.

6 Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 5 times.

The toner light should be off. (error MAY be flashing)
The paper light MAY be on or flashing.

7 Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.

Thanks PHIOLLE
and everyone else who had a similar method...

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Snoop Lion (edited 6/1/13 6:39 AM) reply + / -
I tried the press 7 times reset and it resets then it runs again and the replace toner pops back up. I had resetted this thing months back when it said to replace toner and it worked then and has printed fine (still plenty of toner left). Now this time around its just not resetting. Im just getting pissed now. What a pos brother printer. And i know there is still some toner left because I printed on it yesterday and the quality and every thing was fine.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by dcoplan (7/11/13 12:16 PM) reply + / -
THANK YOU phiolle for that button combo - worked for me! Love the printer but almost ready to boycott Brother for this BS - very dirty of them. I wish there was a way I could include these instructions in every printer that gets sold.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Bladerunner (7/13/13 12:44 AM) reply + / -
Phiolle's suggestion does work except I had to turn the printer off then back on and no error lights followed! This technique also created a Brother BHL2-Maintenance Printer in Windows Devices and Printers, which was set to default. Putting your printer back to default puts everything back to normal. Since this is the first time ever doing this, fingers crossed that it stays this way. At least for a little while.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by nomadicp (10/14/13 12:23 PM) reply + / -
Thank you, Phiolle. I am forever indebted.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by oeqioq (11/4/13 1:24 PM) reply + / -
how do you turn the printer off?

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by philly5706 (11/8/13 12:37 PM) reply + / -
Pull the plug.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by philly5706 (11/8/13 12:37 PM) reply + / -
Pull the plug.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by indhpatel (12/21/13 8:38 AM) reply + / -
These steps worked for me on my Brother HL-2270DW printer.

a. Toner manual reset should only be performed on NEW, out of the box toner cartridges. Performing the manual reset on a used toner can seriously affect the future print quality of the toner cartridge.

b. Turn off the power switch on the printer machine. Unplug the USB cable from the machine.

c. Open the front cover. Be sure to open the front cover, not the manual feed slot cover.

d. While holding down the GO button, power the printer back on. Continue holding the GO button until you confirm the Toner, Drum and Error LEDs are on and the Ready LED is off.

e. When the Ready LED turns off, release the GO button. All of the LEDs will turn off.

f. After all LEDs turn off, press the GO button 2 times. The Toner, Drum and Error LEDs will turn on.

g. Press the GO button 6 times. All LEDs turn off and then the Error LED will start flashing.

h. When the Error LED starts flashing, close the front cover. The Error LED will turn off and the Ready LED will flash briefly.

i. Verify the Ready LED is on steady and the Toner LED is off. If the Toner LED is still on, cycle the machine’s power off and on.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by GoodEnough (1/16/14 7:07 PM) reply + / -
Another +1 for phiolle!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by GoodEnough (1/16/14 7:09 PM) reply + / -
I have a question about that "flag gear" thing that sells for $7. What is the point again? I installed the flag gear onto my starter cartridge, and it did nothing. Toner light was still on until I used Phiolle's method. So, why did I need the flag gear again? What is the point?

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Good4unme (1/24/14 4:24 AM) reply + / -
Hit that button 7 times, worked like charm!! You guys are awesome.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by rbodenhamer (1/28/14 3:34 PM) reply + / -
I also had a nagging Toner light with the toner cartridge shipped with the printer (1.17 firmware).

I used a Roswill TN-450v2 toner cartridge from New Egg.

The procedure from Phille worked.

I printed the Printer Setting pages and it reported I printed 569 pages before the Toner light came on. No print quality problems.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by weamish (1/28/14 3:42 PM) reply + / -
I still don't get what's in for Brother to disable the printer and anger their customers. Is everyone buying Brother replacement cartridges rather than generic?

Re: Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by moe (1/28/14 3:46 PM) reply + / -
It's not just Brother, everyone is putting kill chips on their cartridges. They build these cheap printers in China and sell them for almost nothing, so they have to make money on something. They make 1000% on the cartridges, so they want to make sure you change them when they want, not when they are totally deprived of toner.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by weamish (1/28/14 3:52 PM) reply + / -
But that assumes people are buying genuine Brother replacement cartridges rather than generics at maybe 1/3 the price.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by bwdavis59 (2/3/14 11:32 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

We had a printer that had the toner and drum light on and we couldn't fix it. With a new drum and refilled toner we still got the toner light. We had inadvertently put the printer into the maintenance mode, so:

1. Step 1 (cancel maintenance mode)

a. Power Off, Open Front Cover
b. Hold GO, Power ON when all 3 lights lit,
release GO and then press GO twice.
c. All lights turn on solid. With all lights solid
press GO 5 Times. Ready Light should turn red.
d. Close front door.

2. Step 2 (factory reset printer)

a. front cover closed, turn power off.
b. hold GO, power on. With all lights ON and ready OFF,
release GO.
c. when all lights turn off, press GO 10 times. Ready LED
will flash while printer is reset, when reset is complete,
you will have steady ready LED.

3. Step 3 (reset drum life counter)

a. With Power ON, open front cover.
b. Press & hold GO for about 4 seconds until all LEDs light
up, then release.
c. close front cover, Drum LED should be out.

After a lot of searching and trial and error, this is what worked
for us. Good Luck.

Bruce

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by robJeffrey (2/7/14 10:52 AM) reply + / -
thanks for the help

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by 3piglets (2/24/14 9:30 PM) reply+1 + / -
simply pressed "go" button 7 times and "continue" mode worked. The toner light started at 760 pages. We'll see how much more it can print.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by weamish (2/24/14 10:23 PM) reply + / -
I generally get close to 1,000 pages of excellent quality after the first toner shutdown. Whaddascam.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by oinkmaster (2/27/14 6:14 PM) reply + / -
How do I check how many pages I have printed?

I got a message that my toner is low.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Nothing (4/12/14 4:50 PM) reply + / -
None of the methods work! My Ready LED didn't turn on!! Help me!!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by damnprinterfuckit (4/12/14 4:56 PM) reply + / -
DAMN!!! I AGREE WITH NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Nothing (4/12/14 4:58 PM) reply + / -
None of the methods work! My Ready LED didn't turn on!! Help me!!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by SuppliesOutlet (4/13/14 10:35 PM) reply + / -
Open front door
Turn off printer
While holding down the GO button, turn printer back on
When all four LEDs light up release GO button. All LEDs will turn off
Press the GO button 2 times. The 3 LEDs (toner, drum, paper) will light up solid
Press the GO button 5 times
Paper light will be blinking
At this point the toner end-of-life condition has been reset. Close front door.
Also, just a reminder, timing is important here so don't pause between button presses

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by antsnees (7/16/14 12:55 PM) reply + / -
Cheers for all the help. I did exactly what phiolle suggested and it worked. Sometimes it is so worth googling problems as I was stressing and about to purchase a new toner in a mad panic. Thanks again phiolle.

Cheers

Re: Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by Giraffe Heart (7/24/14 5:27 PM) reply + / -
Thanks 3piglets! Pressing the Go button 7 times worked for me. I hope this fix continues.

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by smilestar (9/25/14 11:05 AM) reply + / -
thanks for everyone's help. phiolle's trick worked like a charm!

Re: Brother HL-2270DW thinks it's out of toner by cowboyjim (10/6/14 10:24 AM) reply + / -
Just a quick note for anyone that is wanting to refill their own cartridge. Do not let it run completely empty before refilling it. If you do, it will cause the doctor blade to be etched and will leave streaks on your roller, which will leave streaks on the paper. Also, do not think that the old toner inside the cartridge is still good. It needs to be disposed of. You can replace the doctor blade, but you need some practice first. Might not be worth it. There are some good youtube videos that can help reset the gears right, but the springs can cause problems in certain cartridges. They don't reset the printer toner counter right if it is a bad spring. (I am a rebuilder for business).

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters