fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by varun_deb (2/4/11 8:55 PM) reply + / -
hi all new to this forum , my printer started throwing up 49.ff03 device failure, did cold reset, NVRAM iNIT, but still same problem , can i request some help. I will be grateful.

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by moe (2/4/11 9:09 PM) reply + / -
49.FF03
That is generally a network error or internal firmware error due to the fact that the device could not complete or understand an operation.

From a computer operating system point of view it is a general error. In most cases you restart the device if that does not resolve it you may reset the device, if that does not resolve it you examine your current firmware and consider an update based on that.

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by varun_deb (2/4/11 9:15 PM) reply + / -
thanks for a speedy reply. How do i update a recent firmware when the device is not only booting up or showing in pc. Is there a way to bypass network & boot the device. I read it somewhere but i have forgotten . awaiting reply

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by dmzcompute (2/5/11 9:00 AM) reply + / -
Someone on one of the the other sites gave a good description of a firmware error. The printer is suffering from indigestion. Your issue could be as simple as a bad job in the printq trying to print so each time you turn the printer off and then back on the job tries to print again and you get the same error. First disconnect the network cable and turn on the printer. Do you get the error? If not the issue is a job and you need to go to the server or each computer and clear the printq. Then reconnect the cable and see if you still get the error. Odds are you will not.

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by varun_deb (2/5/11 10:37 AM) reply + / -
well i disconnected all cables, but the error is still there. i even tried the baking method wherein i had put the formatter at 250 deg for 9 minutes. still the error is there. I understand that it is a network error. does any one has any idea how to bypass the network while the printer is booting??? I even had the formatter bty short. Still the error stays. Req please guide,

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by dmzcompute (2/5/11 3:40 PM) reply + / -
First off baking this formatter will not fix a firmware error. Since you mention 250 degrees, lets hope that was F and not C. If 250C you may have destroyed the board. All that said if the unit is not under warranty you need to try to do a firmware upgrade using the usb port on the printer. If the computer sees the printer on the usb and you have drivers loaded for the printer you should be able to do the update. If you know the ip address of the printer you could try to ftp the address and if a port1 shows up you should be able to drag and drop the firmware upgrade into port1 which should then update the firmware. The error is not a network error but a firmware error with the operating system of the printer. To ftp to the printer just type in the address bar ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and substitute the ip address for the x's. If port1 shows up you are in luck and then download if you have not done so already the latest firmware for you operating system, go to the file while keeping port1 open on the desktop and drag the file to port1. Very easy to do.

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by varun_deb (2/5/11 7:55 PM) reply + / -
thanks dmz, first let me tell you even after baking the formatter is working. but i have performed cold reset as well as NVRAM INIT, so will the old ip remain?? or will the printer have some default IP . If so what is the default IP for the printer. Thanks in advance for helping

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by dmzcompute (2/6/11 12:56 AM) reply + / -
The cold reset and nvram reset probably set the printer back to dhcp or bootp so the printer if the nic card is working is probably getting a new ip address from your router or server. If your network is small you can download a program call netscan.exe (just do a google search) and run the program having it scan your network frame for your computer's address like the last digits from 1-255 and see if a device shows up which may be your printer. With the error I assume you can not print a config page so that will be the only way or trying the usb cable. When you turn on the printer you will have to wait about 3 minutes after the error comes up to give time for the nic card to find the next available ip address.

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by dmzcompute (2/6/11 12:57 AM) reply + / -
The cold reset and nvram reset probably set the printer back to dhcp or bootp so the printer if the nic card is working is probably getting a new ip address from your router or server. If your network is small you can download a program call netscan.exe (just do a google search) and run the program having it scan your network frame for your computer's address like the last digits from 1-255 and see if a device shows up which may be your printer. With the error I assume you can not print a config page so that will be the only way or trying the usb cable. When you turn on the printer you will have to wait about 3 minutes after the error comes up to give time for the nic card to find the next available ip address.

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by varun_deb (2/6/11 2:02 AM) reply + / -
fine i will try this tomorrow in office & get back to you , thanks a lot for taking out time & giving me solutions .

Re: Hp 4025N error 49.ff03 device failure by pkasad (7/28/12 12:16 AM) reply + / -
Hello friend I am having the same issue in CP 4025, please if you have solve this , please tell me step by step i will be thank full, have a nice day

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by Mercer Dewey (1/2/13 6:13 AM) reply + / -
We are having the same problem, has anyone found a solution?

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by varun deb (1/2/13 6:49 AM) reply + / -
Nope still awaiting solution, thought of changing formatter board , but some expert told me that its a blind guess, may work may not work

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by Eddie fiari (2/1/13 2:29 AM) reply + / -
please how can solve this problem Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure

Re: Hp 4525N error 49.ff03 device failure by Sem sidet (9/19/13 9:08 PM) reply + / -
-I have an hp color laserjet cp4525 error code 49.ffo3.
-Im try update firmware but it's still problem .
-please help

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters