fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp color laserjet 1600 door open message

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp color laserjet 1600 door open message by skatom (1/11/11 1:52 PM) reply + / -
i have a color laserjet 1600 and i cleaned the lasers because it had the magenta issue but when i assemble the printer again and turn it on it displays door open in the display who can help me please i cant find anything wrong

thanks for any help provided

Re: hp color laserjet 1600 door open message by moe (1/11/11 4:47 PM) reply + / -
Make sure you have all the connectors firmly seated on the controller board. I did one last week and thought I had them all down, but one was the tiniest bit up. I do push them all firmly down, but I must have missed that one. Looking at it, it looked OK, but I felt it go down the tiniest bit and the printer worked after that.

Re: Re: hp color laserjet 1600 door open message by skatom (1/12/11 2:14 PM) reply + / -
done that reasembled the whole printer and checked the door switch but still have the same message

Re: hp color laserjet 1600 door open message by skatom (1/18/11 11:16 AM) reply + / -
still need help

Re: hp color laserjet 1600 door open message by moe (1/18/11 12:01 PM) reply + / -
Sorry. Really can't help besides the advice offered earlier. User input problems are impossible to diagnose since I have no idea how you tore it apart and put it back together.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters