fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by sirquickly66 (10/1/10 4:57 PM) reply + / -
I have a Laserjet 4250 dn that is showing the error message "Downld file now. RFU LOAD ERROR. RESEND RFU OVER PARALLEL PORT."

Sending the RFU file with "copy /b c:\lj4250.rfu lpt1" is not sucessful. Windows informs 2 seconds after sending the file, that the file was sucessfully copied! This must be a joke. The file size is 17 mb!

Then an error window (Title "sy_p2d_client32") appears with the message "Error occured during print job".

Also a cold reset isn´t possible. Always the entire error message appears.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by dmzcompute (10/1/10 5:24 PM) reply + / -
Do not know but are you going to a dos prompt or what. What you want to do go to start, run, cmd and hit enter. At the dos prompt change to the directory where the file is saved. cd\ and enter if in the root directory. Now type copy lj4250.rfu lpt1 and hit the enter key and then watch for any activity on the printer menu. Make sure you are using a IEEE printer cable and the port is lpt1.

Re: Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by sirquickly66 (10/2/10 12:53 PM) reply + / -
Follow your instructions, using a IEEE printer cable open a DOS-box in windows, change to directory where the rfu-file is stored and enter "copy lj4250.rfu ltp1".

2 Seconds after hiting the enter key, the response is "1 File copied" and the message window appears (Title "Sx_p2d_client32" with the message "error occured during print job".

There ist no activity on the printer menu, still the entire message "Downld file now. RFU LOAD ERROR. RESEND RFU OVER PARALLEL PORT".

I´ve no idea, how to resend the firmware update file or how to reset the printer to factory settings

Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by dmzcompute (10/2/10 7:34 PM) reply + / -
I made a mistake as the command line should have included the /b which you already did. The fact that you get some sort of windows error tells me maybe something is wrong with your operating system. If using xp reboot and hit the f8 key just before windows starts and you should get a menu. Choose safemode, command prompt and when you get to the C:\ prompt, type the command again and see what happens.

Re: Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by sirquickly66 (10/3/10 1:35 PM) reply + / -
Sorry, following your instructions was not the solution . Also I tried it with another pc (win 7) without success, so i think it´s not a problem of the os. Same error messages same result. Have you any other ideas?

Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by dmzcompute (10/3/10 2:23 PM) reply+1 + / -
Try downloading the firmware again. Sometimes it gets corrupt and can cause issues.

Re: Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by sirquickly66 (10/4/10 3:35 AM) reply + / -
Sorry. No success using a new firmware download. There is no reaction on the printer display, only the error message to resend the rfu file using the parallel port.

Is there a chance making a cold reset setting jumpers on the formatter board or using a shortcut on the printer?

Re: Re: Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by sirquickly66 (10/6/10 4:43 PM) reply + / -
"dmzcompute" thanks for your patience and help.

I´ve found the solution for my problem, after using google for hours.

Resending the rfu file via parallel port (and all other activities) was blocked by the RFU error message.

Here is how to solve the problem:

Clearing RFU Error Message
1. Turn the printer power off.
2. Power on the printer and watch for the memory count to begin.
3. Holds down the STOP button when you see the memory counts begin. Continue holding down the STOP button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
4. Press the SELECT (Checkmark) button and then the MENU Button.
5. Scroll down until you see “Clear All RFU Errors”.
6. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is the letter “C” in the word “Clear”.
7. Scroll down until you see “Set Runmode to Manual”.
8. Press the Select button once until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “R” in the word “Runmode”.
9. Scroll down until you see “Set RFU Error Off”.
10. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “S” in the word “Set”
11. Turn the printer off and power up the printer.

Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by wolfrhk (5/31/11 12:43 PM) reply + / -
Sirquickly66's tip actually worked for me on a P4015N, thank you!

Re: Re: Re: Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by hilldweller (4/17/12 3:45 PM) reply + / -
This is brilliant. On my 4700ph, after the critical STOP/SELECT/MENU sequence, what works is scrolling down to RUN BOOT IMAGE. Running that resets the unit so that it works again

Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by belmar (5/24/12 7:52 AM) reply + / -
Hello I have a 4250n
When I push no on stop button but on "V" button I see select langage, cold reset,... I can't obtain clear all RFU Errors.
Please help me.
I have contact HP helpdesk and they are no found a solution for me....!!

Re: HP Laserjet 4250 - RFU LOAD ERROR by Wildrat58 (7/6/13 1:48 PM) reply + / -
I know this is an older thread but it solved a problem I have been having for months.
I went step by step using the procedure for clearing rfu errors and now my 4350n is working again.
First off let me say I know nothing about printer maintenance. When this problem occurred I called my brother who is suppose to be a printer guru with all these different certifications. He is also the one that suggested I get the 4350, since it was an oldie but goodie.
As most relatives do they spout off a few things but only are around when they want something from you.
My printer has sat for months unable to print, till today I stumbled upon this post.
I am very happy now and thank you for posting the reset procedure.
Oh my cure for fixing the problem was to order a formatter board. LOL I'll have a spare part now!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters