fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Printer Not Showing in Device and Printers

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Printer Not Showing in Device and Printers by steve.hick (8/22/10 11:10 PM) reply + / -
Hello,

I have an HP Laserjet 2100 Parallel printer. my devices and printers are not appearing on the devices and printers window even it is connected to the computer.but if you plug a usb the flash drive was recognized but the device is not available in the remove hardware icon....but on the deivce manager all drivers are ok...

any idea?

Re: Printer Not Showing in Device and Printers by michelsmith (8/22/10 11:15 PM) reply+1 + / -
If the printer icon is not displaying in Devices and Printers , you can view the printer properties, print queue, and preferences by following these steps.
On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and Printers . The Devices and Printers windows opens.Under Devices , right-click on the computer icon.
The device menu opens.
On the menu, click one of the following options for the printer.
See what's printing : Lists the current print jobs for the printer.
Set as default printer : Set your printer as the default printer.
Printing preferences : Customize the options for your printouts.Printer properties : Lists the properties for your printer.
Delete print queue : Allows you to delete the printer driver from Devices and Printers.
get more information and help from here http://tinyurl.com/383htoz

Re: Printer Not Showing in Device and Printers by dmzcompute (8/23/10 5:24 AM) reply + / -
Did it ever work on this computer. Appears from you description you are using a usb to parallel adapter which means the computer has to load the drivers for the adapter and some of them just cause problems. Plug the adapter into another usb port without it being connected to the printer and see if the computer see the adapter. If not the adapter is the issue.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters