fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon PIXMA MX320

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon PIXMA MX320 by AstonMike (4/20/10 10:19 AM) reply + / -
Hello!
I have a fairly new Canon PIXMA MX320. It’s an inkjet multifunctional (Printer, Scanner, Copier and Fax). I have refilled the cartridges many-many times. So although, I get message for the ink being (supposedly) empty, I can print without problems. However, when I receive a fax, it doesn’t let me print it! Also, when I send a fax, it doesn’t let me print the report at the end! This is very annoying!!! The messages that are displayed on the machine’s screen are "Replacing the colour ink is recommended" and "Black ink is running low". Any ideas of how to get round with this?
Thanks a lot!!!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by deep (4/20/10 11:25 AM) reply + / -
I didn't find MX320 in my area but I think MX300 is similar to the MX320. The following is the reset ink counter for a MX300:

1. Disconnect the power cable
2. Connect it while holding down the power button
3. With the power button still down, press twice the "Cancel/Stop" red button
4. Release the power button
5. The printes turns into a kind of factory mode...(wait for about 10 seconds, utils it says "Idle")
6. Press the ">" (next to the "OK" button) once."Shipping Mode 3"
7. Press the "OK" button.
8. Press "OK" again for "Without cleaning"
9. A test page will print..
10. Open the cover, like you are about to change the cartridges.
11. Disconnect the power cable again.
12. Take out both cartridges.
13. Close the cover.
14. Connect the power cable once again.
15. Turn the printer on.
16. Now just put the cartridges back and the ink level in the canon Pixma MX300 have full again.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by AstonMike (4/20/10 11:39 AM) reply + / -
Thanks a million for your very quick and precise response!!!!!!! I'll try it asap and let you know how it went!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by AstonMike (4/23/10 10:45 AM) reply + / -

Hello!
I’ve tried this method in somebody’s MX300 and it worked, exactly as it says!!!
However, in my MX320 it didn’t work. To be more specific, step 5 is not happening. I followed exactly what it says, but the machine doesn’t display “Idle’’- in fact the display doesn’t show anything at all! So I’m still stuck, I guess!
Any ideas please???

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by deep (4/24/10 1:09 PM) reply + / -
Try this to see if it works:

1. Turn off the printer.
2. Press and hold the ON button while pressing the Stop button. (DO NOT release both buttons).
3. When the Power LED lights in green, while holding the ON button, release the Stop button. (DO NOT release the ON button.)
4. While holding the ON button, press the Stop button 2 times, and then release both the ON and Stop buttons.
5. The printes turns into a kind of factory mode...(wait for about 10 seconds, until it says "Idle")
6. Press the ">" (next to the "OK" button) once."Shipping Mode 3"
7. Press the "OK" button.
8. Press "OK" again for "Without cleaning"
9. A test page will print..
10. Open the cover, like you are about to change the cartridges.
11. Disconnect the power cable again.
12. Take out both cartridges.
13. Close the cover.
14. Connect the power cable once again.
15. Turn the printer on.
16. Now just put the cartridges back and the ink level in the canon Pixma MX3XX have full again.

Please anyone feedback on this fix would be welcomed.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by AstonMike (4/24/10 2:09 PM) reply + / -
Hello!
Thanks for once more!
I’ll try it and let you know! :-)

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by AstonMike (4/27/10 1:49 PM) reply + / -
Hello again!
I just tried your new method. It worked fine, up until step 5. This time, step 6 is not happening. So although the screen says “Service Mode” and “Idle”, when I press ">" nothing else happens…

I would really appreciate if you have any more ideas on how to proceed from there!
Thanks a million!!!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by AstonMike (5/2/10 11:31 AM) reply + / -
Any ideas please guys???

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by deep (edited 5/3/10 11:16 PM) reply + / -
Hi Mike,

Up to now there is no further progress on this remedy to clear the ink counter but you can override the low/empty ink message by pressing the STOP button for 5 seconds. But this method will prohibit a few Fax functions.

I'll follow up this thread if I get any progress.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Centauri27 (5/21/10 3:41 PM) reply + / -
I am trying to refill my MX320 as well. I can get the status to display "Idle", but pressing ">" does nothing for me as well. I tried pressing all sorts of key combinations while in Service Mode and nothing happens.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by AstonMike (5/22/10 2:52 PM) reply + / -
Hello!
Deep: Thanks a lot for your valuable help so far! I really appreciate it!
Centauri27: I found a possible solution here: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=33047#p33047
I haven’t tried it yet, since I had to buy brand new inks. But please let me know if it actually works!

pixma mx320 by The Thai BKK Eagle (6/16/10 1:25 AM) reply + / -
I have come as far as Aston mike , where it says idle , and from there it stops, whatever i do.
i have consumed 4 refil cartridges within 2 month of time, and when the ink level starts to complain about the ink is running out , the quality of the printing start to get bad also. That has happened every cartridge i changed.

My old printer mp250 refill ,accidently fell to the floor and ended in a garbage can.

But my old printer mp250 , was working 100 procent , before it fell to the floor , the record of printing nonstop , was 5000 copys with no stop or something, ofcourse i refuled while it was printing.

that is why i choose to by canon mx320 , because i knew my old printer was working moore than i expected and moore than that.

well , i miss my old printer.

anyway, i giving my canon mx320 1 last chance to survive,but then i really need to know how to reset the ink level monitor,or ells my mx320 canon will end in a garbage can.

i forgot by The Thai BKK Eagle (6/16/10 1:34 AM) reply + / -
I forgot to tell , that my mx320 is doing only 80 copys and after that, the quality gets worse and finally stop printing black.

The strange thing is that i have never bought a new color cartridge because it still working, it is the black cartridge i have changed 4 times, the color refill cartridge is still working with no probs.

So i find that very strange.

mabe someone can explain that.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by helpful lad (6/18/10 8:40 PM) reply + / -
I went to my printer shop and they said to override the problem you should press and hold the stop/reset button for at least 20 seconds.
This procedure will need to be repeated for each cartidge that was refilled.

I've done it and it works.
Best of luck to everyone.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by rociovelis (6/28/10 2:40 PM) reply + / -
Error 5200 keeps comming up on my printer, I´ve all ready tried to disconnect and reconnect I don´t know what else to do. Please help!

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Miguelina (6/29/10 8:04 AM) reply + / -
It worked for me. Thanks! Now I can print without a problem.

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Centauri27 (6/29/10 3:40 PM) reply + / -
No go--I still can't get it to do anything once it's showing "Idle". I feel we're so *close* to a solution! Unfortunately the nifty-stuff page doesn't tell you anything useful.

I am continuing to print with the refilled cartridge even though the printer is complaining about low ink. Let's see how long this lasts. Maybe I might be stuck having to buy a real Canon cart eventually. 8-(

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Sxyee-refills (7/1/10 4:20 PM) reply + / -
It did not work for me.

Could you show me step by step, please?

Thank you.

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Sxyee-refills (7/1/10 4:22 PM) reply + / -
It did not work for me.

Could you show me step by step, please?

Thank you.

Re: Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Sxyee-refills (7/1/10 7:56 PM) reply + / -
Could you tell me exactly what you did to reset the low ink ???

Thanks a lot.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by grandpaclint (7/2/10 7:43 PM) reply + / -
i cannot believe, with all the pc guru's out there
nobody can come up with a solution the 320 refill
problem.
cannon must pay off a bunch of people, or there are
an awful lot of greedy printer guru's out there.

i refill mine and simply ignore the low ink warning
i like the printer, beats anything i have had in the past.

good luck to all

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by thomys (7/23/10 5:46 PM) reply + / -
como reseteo mi canon mx320 favor ayudenme ya encuentro que hacer

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by anabel rose (7/27/10 5:41 AM) reply + / -
I have lost the driver cd's for canon mx320 all-in-one. So I ahve downloaded the drivers from the canon website. I can now print, but cannoy scan and there are no shortcut buttons on my desktiop! Thnaks, Rich

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Joan Kins (7/29/10 11:52 AM) reply + / -
i have a Cannon mx 320 all-in-one I had the paper jam when I was scanning. I pressed stop and gently pulled it out now I can't get rid of the error message. It is only 1 week old and I phoned the place I bought it and he said that he hopes I didn't jar the feeder roll. How could I when I followed the instructions. Can anyone help?

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by moe (7/29/10 5:17 PM) reply + / -
I don't know how jarring the feed roller could have given an error message. If you don't have a clue, you should keep your mouth closed. The printer works off of little plastic arms that get pushed down to tell it when the paper enters or leaves. If the arm gets stuck, then it thinks that the paper is still there, when it's not. In all probability, you either knocked an arm off of it's pivot or you somehow got it stuck in the down position. What you're looking for is a skinny black plastic arm somewhere in the center of the feed path.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Menandro B. de Leon (8/4/10 10:16 AM) reply + / -
Reset the printer after refilling the cartridge. This will clear it from displaying common printer errors. The steps below is recommended to do after refilling an ink cartridge.
1. Turn off your printer
2. Press and hold the STOP/RESET button
3. Press and hold Power ON button
4. While holding the Power ON button, release the STOP/RESET button
5. While holding still the Power ON button, press twice the STOP/RESET button
6. Release the Power ON button
7. Wait until it display an "idle" message. It will take about a minute.
8. When "idle" appear, open the top cover to expose the cartridges.
9. Lift up the cover for cartridge holder and take out both the black and color cartridges
10. Return the cover of cartridge holder and turn off the printer
11. Return the top cover and turn on the printer again
12. After the printer initialize, return the cartridges.

What happened when ink ran out from a refilled cartridge and the printer detected it? The printer will display an error U162 or U163. Reset it again using a different procedure.

1. Turn off your printer an turn it on again
2. After the printer initialize try to copy or print. The error will appear.
3. When the error is displayed on the display panel of the printer, Press and Hold the STOP/RESET button and wait until it self restart.
4. Release the STOP/RESET button the the printer is restarting.
5. Wait for a few seconds and the pending print jobs will commence.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by CraigRK (8/19/10 3:32 AM) reply+1 + / -
I am about to give my Lexmark X2500 printer/scanner flying lessons after repeated software/spyware issues which render it useless (Don't buy Lexmark!). I am looking at the Canon PIXMA MW320, as it claims to run with Windows XP. I MUST have a printer that I can refill with bulk inks, and am worried about the issues Astonmike and others report here. None have reported resolution of these problems. Has anyone tried the procedure listed on the prior post? Is anyone (other than Grandpaclint) successfully refilling this printer? Any opinions/tips/comments appreciated as I must buy soon. Thanks.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by AstonMike (8/19/10 4:04 AM) reply + / -
Hello!
I haven’t tried again since the end of May, because I got brand new inks back then. Now they are running low and I’ll try again. I’ll let you guys know, when I do.
Cheers!

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by grandpaclint (edited 8/19/10 10:10 AM) reply + / -
I have never had a lexmark,but i know people who have
ok for a cheap printer, but break easily.
i have always had hp printers and scanners,they are not to shabby
of a printer,after a couple of refills they just give up.
I made a huge mistake buying the Kodak piece of crap. threw it in the trash in 2 months.
I got the canon 320,,it is one nice printer/scanner/copier= all in one- socalled.
I print 90% black only, and have refilled the black cartridge
3 times so far, and the only problem is, when you print it says
i am low, or out of ink----big deal it still prints as good as ever.
I have never needed, or used the fax so i am not able to speak to that.

I have to say, the software that comes with the 320 is easy to use, and very complete.

just get the 320-----walmart $60.00----the best $$$ you will ever spend on a printer.

FYI i use xp home, on an old compaq.

just my 2 cents

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by CraigK (8/20/10 4:00 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for your feedback. I don't mind an extra click when printing. Looks like I'll pick up the Canon ($49 @ WM).

What source/brand of refill ink have you used? (I understand the PIXMA's take special ink?)

BTW - Lexmark has software/spyware that screws up and renders the printer unusable when using their refillable cartidges. Had the entire printer replaced once under warranty, and this time (same problem) they said nogo. I'm a teacher and need a printer that will be reliable and low cost to operate, and the Lexmarks are a nightmare. (Check out the Lexmark threads on this site!)

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by grandpaclint (8/20/10 7:36 AM) reply + / -
i simply ordered a merax refill kit---black only,seems to work
just fine. this is a kit with the syringe, etc, but if you have all that, you can just buy the ink.
ya cant beat $49.00.

have fun,,,good luck

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by BGILSON (8/30/10 6:35 AM) reply + / -
Need to know how to reset Pixma 320 to Factory Settings.
Having a problem setting up the Fax for Tel Prior.
Canon sent me a "Refurb" that when I tried to use fax LCD Window continued to read "re-enter" number for destination fax.
I have two test numbers: H .P. 888.473.2963 and Faxback: 800.873.8753. Tried the listed board answers but would not work or I did it wrong.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by dusannecas (9/1/10 3:19 AM) reply + / -
Hi I have problem with MX320 i instal Pixma 320 to my computer. I put wrong language for first time and I don't know how to change it. Can anybody help me.
thank You

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by lowell (9/12/10 4:59 AM) reply + / -
I used Menandro's method and it failed to reset my "black ink is running low" message.

I wonder how good a memory the printer has of each cartridge used? Maybe if I buy a black ink cartridge (a Canon 210) and switch between the 2 cartridges when one runs low (alternating cartridges), the printer may accept the "new" cartridge as being full. I would have to cover the print head to keep it from drying out until it was time to replace the alternate cartridge. However I could use the tape that comes with the new cartridge.
Has anybody tried this method of fooling the printer?

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Centauri27 (9/13/10 10:06 AM) reply + / -
Menandro's method didn't work for me either. The MX320 stubbornly hangs onto the "black ink running low" message. I think somebody had said that switching between a genuine and refilled cartridge would do the trick. I can't see Canon bothering to put in circuitry to track the various cartridges used. Of course, you can simply ignore the "low ink" message and keep printing. I've done that for a while and the printer is still working.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by JOSHY (9/21/10 7:08 PM) reply + / -
HOLA BUENAS NOCHES

TENGO UN PROBLEMA; TENGO UNA CANON PIXMA MX 320 ES ASUNTO QUE DESINSTALE POR ERROR LOS DRIVER DE LA MISMA Y ALGUIEN ME PASO LOS DRIVERS DE LA MX330 EL ASUNTO ESQUE NO ME FUNCIONO EL SCANNER Y DIAS DESPUES NO ME DEJA IMPRIMIR POR QUE ME TIRA UNA LUZ ANARANJADA DE ALERTA Y AHORA NO ME DEJA HACER NADA ESTA COMO TRABADA.

COMPRE ESTA MAQUINA SUPUESTAMENTE MEJOR Y TODO EL ROLLO EL ASUNTO ES QUE LA LEXMARK NO ME DAVA ESTE PROBLEMA.
PORFAVOR ME PUEDEN AYUDAR SE LO AGRADECERE MUCHO Y DIOS LOS BENDIGA POR SU AYUDA.GRACIAS.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by DeNae (10/18/10 4:01 PM) reply + / -
I am trying to fax-evidently screwed up-just getting "fax prior"

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by ARLETTE (10/20/10 7:13 AM) reply + / -
je ne sais pas comment enregistrer les numeros de fax en mémoire, et n'avoir plus qu'à appuyer sur la touche mémoire pour gagner du temps je n'ai pas le manuel, quelqu'un peut - il m'aider S V P merci d'avance

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Yhcuac (11/3/10 11:27 AM) reply + / -
I have a Canon Pixma mx320 which i use with refill cartridges.

I always have the "low ink" message on but this is not affecting printing which is fairly good and quick - I must admit.

The real problem is that since i have the "low ink" message on - be it on a refilled cartridge or on an original one which is actually running low - fax won't work stating "waiting for report".

Apparently this is a common issue on several Canon printers: if you are running low on ink fax simply won't print reports.
I have found that other printers have an option to "force" the printer to print fax reports even if the ink is low but I haven't been able to find such option on my Canon Pixma mx320.

Has anyone been able to solve the "waiting for report" issue on this printer?
How? :)

Thanks for your answers!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Centauri27 (11/3/10 11:39 AM) reply + / -
Well, I discovered that the "black ink running low" message doesn't last forever. I finally got the "black ink out" message and the printer refuses to print, even with plenty of ink left in the refilled cartridge. So it appears that the printer throws up the "ink low" message really early and continues to let you print for a while until it figures that you are truly out of ink (the printer's estimation only--not based on what's actually in the cartridge). I gave in and bought a genuine Canon cartridge. I'll use it until that's empty and then see if it'll accept the refilled cartridge in a swap.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by dominicrtr (11/16/10 7:28 PM) reply + / -
my canonmx320 has an error message uo53. both ink cartridges are new and were working fine until a thumbtack fell into the paperfeed area in the back. tack was removed but error message is staying on? can anyone help?

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Gustavo Cordoba (2/16/11 5:39 AM) reply + / -
Hello,
I followed the advice from Menandro. Despite my printer does not shows the "idle" message I continued with the other points (9 to 12). It seems that the reset didn't worked. However, I DID the second series of advice from 3 to 5 TWICE.
Now the printer shows the normal "plain paper" screen followed by "black ink - volume unknow".
Now I it working fine.
Btw, if any one needs scanning from Linux, download the scangearmp program from the canon place in Europe.
http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0028481.asp

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Gustavo Cordoba (2/16/11 5:44 AM) reply + / -
Thomys, encontre la forma de hacerlo con una conbinacion de los consejos de Menandro. Mira lo que le conteste hoy Febrero 16 del 2011.

(al menos mi mx320 ahora trabaja como antes -bajo Ubuntu Linux eso si, de Windows no se nada)

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by iuly_muzzy (2/17/11 11:47 AM) reply + / -
please help me!!!!
i have a canon pixma mx320 for 2 months and i refilled the cartridges 2 times since i've got it. Today i tried to print something and a messagge appears on my screen "check ink u163 Blk" and it blocked. even if i press any button it doesn't work. what can i do???

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by iuly_muzzy (2/17/11 11:53 AM) reply + / -
please help me!!!!
i have a canon pixma mx320 for 2 months and i refilled the cartridges 2 times since i've got it. Today i tried to print something and a messagge appears on my screen "check ink u163 Blk" and it blocked. even if i press any button it doesn't work. what can i do???

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 - THE SOLUTION - by nixon * * * (2/18/11 1:06 AM) reply + / -
GOOD DAY.

THE SOLUTION FOR CANNON MX 320 INK CATRIGE RESET WHEN AFTER REFILL IT SAD NO MORE INK, IS:

1 - Simple turn printer on
2 - Press and hold Stop / Reset button, hold it and wait for printer reset himself --> when printer say : " unknow ink level ", you can print what you want or use it how you want.

Its, only option what is working for me. Thank you.

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 - THE SOLUTION - by Gustavo Cordoba (2/18/11 5:05 AM) reply + / -
friends, nixon*** is ok.
The problem happen when you forget to do the 2 points shown by nixon, as in my case (and the solution was to follow both Menandro's advices as I pointed out in a previous reply).

Hope that nixon, menandro and my advices fix most of the problems of ink restart.

Greetings from Colombia.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by ***I (3/1/11 4:29 AM) reply + / -
Hola, tengo un error al enviar el fax. la transmisión pone q está cancelada debido a que Rx de fax no coincide.
¿alguien me lo puede explicar? ¿cómo se puede reparar?

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by scrmom (5/2/11 2:08 PM) reply + / -
I want to scan multiple pages from the feeder so they are saved in one file but it only scans one page at a time. I need help as it is very inefficient to email multiple pages this way. Thanks!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Gustavo Cordoba (5/2/11 3:24 PM) reply + / -
I am unable as well.
I think that currently, the only way is by scanning directly from the Primax and sending the files to an usb

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by dbm (5/3/11 8:28 AM) reply + / -
Hola!

Tengo una Canon MX320 y me sale en la pantalla error 5200, la verdad es q el cartucho de color lo tengo en las ultimas desde hace tiempo. Si pongo uno nuevo ya se soluciona el problema??? Ahora no me deja imprimir!

Aunq llevaba mucho tiempo con el cartucho de color agotado y el problema surgió un día q se me quedaron 2 papeles atascados...

Que debo hacer??

Muchas gracias y un saludo!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Gustavo Cordoba (5/3/11 11:52 AM) reply + / -
dbm: yo te sugiero cambiiar de cartucho primero (quiza un recargado) y luego intentar con el consejo de nixon*** o sino el de menandro

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 - THE SOLUTION - by grandpaclint (6/20/11 10:40 AM) reply + / -
hey boss
i don't know what you are using but your solution does not work on a canon mx320

I don't know why people keep giving advice that doesn't
work on the 320,,,whats the big damn mystery

no offense intended----just asking

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by iphone_hack (7/28/11 10:03 AM) reply + / -
Hi guys

i have a mx310 works great because i can refill the ink myself and i can reset to factory without any problem

but i need to buy a second printer but the mx310 is discountinued and the next cheap model is this mx320

but i see you guys having problem reseting the low ink warning

will the mx310 reset work for mx320?
( please use this as your own risk, i dont have a mx320 so i dont know the result, but i want to know if works before i buy one )

here is how i do on my mx310

1- power off the printer
2- hold the stop/reset button then press and hold power ( for 5 seconds)
3- hold power and release the stop/reset button
4- press the stop/reset button twice
5- release power button
6- wait until the power button light is a steady still green light
7- press the stop/reset button 3 times with a 3 sec space between each press.(on the 3rd press the warning indicator should be orange.)
8- press the power button to set data
9- to set data, remove the cartiges leaving for 30 sec out then replace with new refilled ink.
10- press the power button to shut down
11- press power to power up again

at this point the printer will feed on sheet of paper through
then set language and country
the ink should be reset

please let me know if this works for mx 320

thanks
i hope it works because i need to buy another printer

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by fishmonski (9/3/11 10:55 PM) reply + / -
My Canon MX320 keeps saying that there is a paper jam when I try to print something, but I am finding no paper jams at all. I have never had a jam in this printer, and this just started happening all of a sudden. I have tried turning it off and back on. I have tried a reset. Can someone please help?

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Gary0 (9/6/11 1:47 PM) reply + / -
When the warning light comes on, I simply pressed the STOP button and hold, until the printer started printing. About 20 seconds. It then began printing the files in Que. This was using a refilled,
cartridge. Hope it helps.

No Subject by Gary0 (edited 9/6/11 1:57 PM) reply + / -

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by DavidMontreal (9/22/11 7:38 AM) reply + / -
Hi everybody,

My problem is, I can't have the shipping mode 3 screen. I have idle screen but nothing happens when I press >

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Cleo M (9/30/11 3:27 PM) reply + / -
I have been able to refill not been able to reset. But I have a problem that is with my black; I have refilled it but for some reason it still has problems printing. It printed well for the first 30 pages but I have used more than 75% of the ink and not I'm having problems. Should I just let it sit or shake it? It just ran out (officially according to the printer) today but has been low for some weeks now.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by SaSsar (10/11/11 4:32 AM) reply + / -
hi. how many days does the black ink works?!

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (10/12/11 7:05 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much for these instructions. I have a new Pixma MG 6120, and thought I was going to have to trash it. After I drilled a hole in the ink cartridge to refill it for the first time, and realized I had received all of the ink I ordered except the one color that ran out first, I plugged the hole with hot glue, as instructed.
Problem came when the ink arrived and I couldn't pull the cartridge out! It apparently bonded with the back of the ink well.
Then, when I kept on trying to get it out, the whole thing ran under a cover on the right of the machine, and made a horrible screeching noise when I turned the machine on. With your instructions, I was able to get the carriage back to center, so that I could remove all the cartridges and pull out the one that was stuck. It worked! And the printer is working perfectly now. I just need to think of something beside hot glue to plug those holes, though. If anyone has any thoughts on that, I would welcome suggestions. When I have to refill the rest of the cartridges, I'll be in trouble if they're all stuck in place.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (10/13/11 5:56 PM) reply + / -
Hi! I have found a great fix for the inkjet cartridge refilling situation at "fillserv.com" . They have a chip re-setter for those little gold chips on the back of the cartridge, which tell the printer the ink is low or out.

Look here: http://fillserv.com/search.php

You should be able to find the one that will fix your problem.

The fax problem is most likely unrelated. Go back to the setup for the fax, and see if you missed an option that programs the machine to print the fax and confirmation. Mine isn't a multifunction, so I'm just guessing from experience with another machine. If that doesn't work, see if you have to "install a printer" in your printers and faxes folder, especially for your Canon fax. As a last resort, I usually go to the manufacturer's support page, and see if there is a driver download that might fix the problem. Good luck with that one. Hope one of these ideas works.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Karen523 (11/10/11 12:32 PM) reply + / -
Can anyone please tell me how I can get my canon mx320 to print out a confirmation report after each fax I make? Thanks in Advance

Karen

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by osama mostafa (11/27/11 11:25 AM) reply + / -
my canon pixma mx320 . it doesnit print , every thing is good (fax , scanner @ copy ), but the printer doesn't work , i dont know why ?! ,This is very annoying!!!
thank you

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (11/27/11 4:40 PM) reply + / -
Here is a Canon support page where you might get an answer to help:
"http://www.justanswer.com

Otherwise, I would uninstall it and re-install, as it might have been corrupted somehow when you installed it.

Re: pixma mx320 by Lukemqeke (12/6/11 11:51 AM) reply + / -
Well I am a new user of canon MX320. I am now on my second refilable cartridge. This is the little I know. When my first and second cartridge were empty, they displayed check ink U162 for the black cartridge. And the printer could not print at all. What helped was I pressed the "stop button" (red) for about 5 seconds to override the "check ink U162" msg. Immediately after the 5 sec my printer displayed "waiting......" and it started to print. My vendor also warned me about over using the cartridge, she said when you do it ruins the printer and leads to malfunctions and instead loose the printer.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (12/6/11 6:56 PM) reply + / -
Thank you for the hint, if I have problems, I'll give it a try.
Refilling the cartridges in the MG6120 is tricky business, and since I have now done them all, my colors are not true. I may be able to adjust it, but need time to work with it. I have figured that 4 changes of all the cartridges equal the cost of a new printer, if you use the canon replacements. The jury is still out.
If I am getting into photography in a big way, the cartridges just don't last long enough.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by works101 (12/10/11 9:49 AM) reply + / -
HOLD STOP FOR 20 SECONDS!!!!!!!!! WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by newjerseybt (1/27/12 3:18 PM) reply + / -
The reason no one has the solution for refilling the MX320 and reseting the ink low message IS that Canon is not in business to lose money. Remember you got that printer dirt cheap for a reason. These printers count pages and only estimate ink usage. The downside is there may be plenty of ink left after your page counter shuts you down. Which means you are screwed royally.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Lindsay Daley (2/24/12 6:42 PM) reply + / -
I have had my black cartridge refilled but after replacing have found the alarm light is active and nothing happens.How can i fix this problem.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (2/24/12 8:46 PM) reply + / -
"What helped was I pressed the "stop button" (red) for about 5 seconds to override the "check ink U162" msg. Immediately after the 5 sec my printer displayed "waiting......" and it started to print. My vendor also warned me about over using the cartridge, she said when you do it ruins the printer and leads to malfunctions and instead loose the printer."

This is a quote from a writer above, and it fixed the problem for me.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Scanfan (3/1/12 6:34 AM) reply + / -
Hi There,

I have a Pixma 310, which I purely use for scanning, however every now and then the low ink overrides the scan facility.

I have tried the various different step procedures and receive the same results as centauri27,

in factory mode it never goes idle,and the the next steps cannot be done, holding the stop/reset for varied amount of times over and over does nothing, following the mx310 steps does nothing i cant proceed from 'service mode'. I managed to get it to override yesterday and print a test, how I did this I don't know! however i have switched it on again today and is displaying check ink.

If I try to scan straight from my mac when the check ink message is on, the mac says the scanner is in maintenance mode, even though it is not.

What I would like is an override as I am am simply scanning to my mac, NO Printing involved!!!
very frustrating that they cannot operate independently

Is there anyway to separate the scan and print?

Many thanks

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (3/1/12 11:34 AM) reply + / -
Hope someone with an answer sees your message. I don't know if there is a way, and I'm not using a mac....however, when in doubt, I uninstall and re-install the drivers, if you haven't already tried that. During the installation there may be a way to choose which functions you want to install, and you might be able to skip the print function. Worth a try. Good luck!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (3/1/12 11:40 AM) reply + / -
Hope someone with an answer sees your message. I don't know if there is a way, and I'm not using a mac....however, when in doubt, I uninstall and re-install the drivers, if you haven't already tried that. During the installation there may be a way to choose which functions you want to install, and you might be able to skip the print function. Worth a try. Good luck!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Deryck Harnett (3/5/12 9:53 AM) reply + / -
Hi

I recently received an MX320 from my late father-in-law, but did not receive the Installation disk. So I went by hit-or-miss, and downloaded and installed the drivers, then connected the printer to the computer, hoping that all the loose ends would tie themselves up. Not quite.... The basic problem I am having is that I cannot set the printer as my default printer, and though I can get a printed page from the printer, it means that the software, ie Word, must choose the printer every time from a list because there is no default. When I do try and set the default printer, I get a message saying the action could not be completed, error 0x00000709, double check the printer name and ensure that the printer is connected to the network. So I'm suspicious about the "loose ends being tied up" magically idea, and wonder if my problem might be resolved if I could get the Installation Disk. Or is there another solution? If you have any ideas leading to a solution, I would really appreciate them.

Deryck

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (3/5/12 3:18 PM) reply + / -
It probably would be worth the effort to obtain the installation disc. There must be some little piece of information missing from your driver downloads, and it's probably on that disc. If you can't come up with the disc, you might try your local "geek squad" or other computer guru, and see if you can borrow one. Good Luck!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Leo Long (3/24/12 9:33 PM) reply + / -
When I press print ,the machine wants me to send a fax. This started when I put in a 511 colour print cartridge.
Anybody experience this and if so any ideas to fix?.
Thanks

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Elecrtreak (6/11/12 7:52 AM) reply + / -
Help me i have a canon mp800 and when i hold the power button, an error appears (error: 5B00) what i need to do??
I try serveral times, what you guys say but i think in this type of canon that doesnt work, can you help me please?

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by debwuthnow (7/30/12 9:27 AM) reply + / -
Machine locked up with the message "Document in ADF". I've been told it needs to be reconfigured, but Idon't want to pay the fee for them to walk me through it as the fee is as much as the printer cost. Can anyone walk me through procedures to reconfigure/reset my confused printer. There is no paper/document in it, and it successfully feeds paper through but still has the message!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (7/30/12 11:10 AM) reply + / -
There are two messages in previous postings you might try...if they don't work, I don't know what to do. Never dealt with this problem yet. Let us know if any of these work! Good Luck!!

1)Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by works101 (12/10/11 9:49 AM) reply HOLD STOP FOR 20 SECONDS!!!!!!!!! WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!

2)will the mx310 reset work for mx320?
( please use this as your own risk, i dont have a mx320 so i dont know the result, but i want to know if works before i buy one )

here is how i do on my mx310

1- power off the printer
2- hold the stop/reset button then press and hold power ( for 5 seconds)
3- hold power and release the stop/reset button
4- press the stop/reset button twice
5- release power button
6- wait until the power button light is a steady still green light
7- press the stop/reset button 3 times with a 3 sec space between each press.(on the 3rd press the warning indicator should be orange.)
8- press the power button to set data
9- to set data, remove the cartiges leaving for 30 sec out then replace with new refilled ink.
10- press the power button to shut down
11- press power to power up again

at this point the printer will feed on sheet of paper through
then set language and country
the ink should be reset

please let me know if this works for mx 320

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by debwuthnow (7/30/12 12:25 PM) reply + / -
tried idea 1 with no change.

Idea 2 down to step 7 worked as described. After pressing stop/reset I saw an "idle" message that did not change after the 2nd or 3rd pressing of the button. Then when I press power (step 8), it just turned off. I even tried removing and replacing ink (even though ink reset is not my problem), but when I powered up I still got the "document in ADF" error.

Any other ideas? or is it time for a new printer?

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by kthywin (7/30/12 8:06 PM) reply + / -
Have you tried the online Canon Printer Support? Worth a try?

http://www.justanswer.com

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by CANNONPRINTER (8/12/12 4:58 PM) reply + / -
HI, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME WITH MY PRINTER. I JUST CHANGED THE INK CARTRIDGE FOR A BRAND NEW ONE AND IT IS PRINTING OFF THE COMPUTER JUST FINE, BUT I CANT GET IT TO COPY. ANY IDEAS?

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by ismed (10/30/12 8:41 PM) reply + / -
I have an error code 5200..
how to fix it??
thanks

Re: Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by KJewels (1/9/13 8:53 AM) reply + / -
In regards to your error code 5200, I had the same thing happen to me and read up online. It stated it is either one or both of your ink cartridges are dry or your printer head is bad. If its the printer head that can run you around $50. and up.
So I recently replaced first my black ink with no error code appearing after that so I then purchased the color. Now I am getting a paper jam error; to clear of paper in front roller area and press OK, but there is no paper jam esp. when it did its test and passed through a piece of paper. Now I have a question for anyone? Is there a way to bypass this alarm message? Looked at getting a new printer, but just spent 70 bucks on all the ink???? GRRRR!

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Ink_Guru (1/29/13 5:47 AM) reply + / -
Check out the youtube video to show the step by step to reseting your canon MX series with the 5B00 error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waX_GF-h7U

Hope this helps.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by error 9000 (8/15/13 8:57 PM) reply + / -
canon mx320, error 9000! Any ideas...??
thank you
:)

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by error 9000 (8/15/13 9:04 PM) reply + / -
canon mx320, error 9000! Any ideas...??
thank you
:)

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by arlk (1/20/14 3:34 AM) reply + / -
The printer power is not on when I switch on the electricity. I tried to unplug and plug the power line but it still did not work. Any suggestion what should I do?

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by paolo1666 (1/24/14 3:48 AM) reply + / -
Anyone could upload a link for Canon MX320 Technical /Service Manual, please?

I need to open this MX320...
Thank you.

Re: Canon PIXMA MX320 by Jamekad (2/10/14 3:58 PM) reply + / -
How Do I unpause any documents that will not. The error message states the printer is on pause.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters