asked Mar 16, 2010 at 2:19pm
Hp HP LaserJet 4345

hp 4345 mfp stuck on initializing scanner

i have a 4345 mfp will print but the start button is red
and display says initializing scanner. replaced scanner interface board and formater any one have this problem before let me know what it was tks
Could be the actual scanning unit or dead bulb. Since it prints go to the diagnostics menu and run an event log and post the last 10 errors.
by dmzcompute on Mar 16, 2010 at 6:12pm Add comment
i cked the log only paper jam errors in the log when i changed the formater and cycled the machine the lamp comes on and the scanner moves but stays in initializing,ran sensor test none work.
by theprinterguy99 on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:22am Add comment
i ordered the dc controler hopefully that takes care of the problem - theprinterguy99
we have the same problem in one printer and we repaired the printer replacing the Scanner Optical Assembly. We had tested with the scanner controller and not work.
by Anonymous on Apr 13, 2010 at 8:00am Add comment
it ended up bing the formater assy tks for the input
by theprinterguy99 on Apr 13, 2010 at 8:50am Add comment
This error is the formatter?
I change the formatter by a FIRMWARE ERROR and now with a new formatter, the printer stuck on initializing scanner.
- Anonymous

I also find it to be insufficient power to the scanning unit, I tried a diffrent power source and works fine. Mostly happens if the building is not to standard.
by shaldon on Jun 17, 2012 at 9:32pm Add comment
I had this problem recently. replacing the scanner flatbed assy did the trick.
by eric111 on Jun 21, 2012 at 4:53pm Add comment
which part can i replace to sovle this error
by mutandwa on Oct 1, 2012 at 1:31am Add comment
which part can i replace to sovle this error
by mutandwa on Oct 1, 2012 at 1:37am Add comment
when put on my hp laserjet m4345 mfp it display : initializing scanner then any think it is stop . if i turn it off and put on it give me a same message
what i can do please
by wonderful on Jun 19, 2013 at 9:48am Add comment
Remove the glass
Clean the mirrors and most important the lens of the camera under the black plastic.
by unknown on Sep 18, 2014 at 3:47am Add comment