fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit by dutchcloggie (edited 10/21/09 2:35 AM) reply + / -
Hello,

My Xerox Phaser 7400 refuses to recognize the new black imaging unit.

It told me my imaging unit was near the end of its life so I replaced it with a new one. But it still showed the message it was near the end of its life and it did not update the installation date.

I have replaced it, cleaned the entire inside of the machine, replaced toner etc. And still it said black imaging unit is past end of life. Since the machine was still working, I just ignored it but now it has clearly decided the imaging unit is really finished and the machine has stopped working. I *know* the imaging unit is not finished as it is a new one.

I have read a very detailed solution for this problem for the Phaser 6200DP on this thread here: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/29668

I have no idea how these two machine compare so I am reluctant to just take a screwdriver to the machine.

Any help out there?

Re: Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit by chris (10/21/09 11:41 AM) reply + / -
i can't find a work around for that. try to get a refund for the imaging unit, there is more than 1 complaint on supplies for that machine:

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/55793

i've repaired these, but never had one for more than 50 pages, so cannot give my opinion on this issue with the imageing units.

Re: Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit by dutchcloggie (10/22/09 1:26 AM) reply + / -
In the end, I actually managed to solve it myself. I went into the Trouble Shooting and then Services and then pressing the up & down buttons at the same time, a secret menu (called Secret menu :-) pops up and that allows you to force a reset of the supplies counters. So I reset the imaging unit to 0 pages and that did it.

Weird machine.

Re: Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit by DavidHG (12/28/09 3:43 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have a Phaser 7400 with the same problem. I followed dutchcloggie's instructions and was able to solve the problem. However, the menus on my 7400 were slightly different: Troubleshooting - Service Tools - Up&Down Buttons - (Hidden Service) - Run Service Diagnostics - (Print Service Menu Map Appears) - NVRAM Access - CRU Counter Resets - Reset Toner Counts (Optional) - Reset IU Counts - (Reset As Needed/Will Be Returned to CRU Counter Reset/When Done Hit Back Button) - NVRAM Reset - (Confirm) - (NVRAM Resets/Printer Hangs Upon Exiting Diagnostics) - Power Off/On - (Cartridge Should Now be Recognized)

Thank you David HG (and dutchcloggie) by Crazy Eddie (8/1/11 7:17 AM) reply + / -
You saved me today...

Re: Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit by mark_in_maryland (9/27/11 3:30 PM) reply + / -
I second those "Thank You"s. If you actually found that menu path by trial and error, you are either one very gifted or one very patient son of a gun.

xerox phaser 7400 black file sent to print black by Oscar Harris (2/17/12 7:39 AM) reply + / -
We have just gotten a phaser7400 with low usage and when we send a file from our computer that is suppose to be totally black and also put black in the printer dialog box it prints part of the form in black
and some of it in color of dark brown! What are we doing wrong! We send the same file to our Xerox 7345 and indicate print black it does so! Any body know what we are doing wrong! How do we get the phaser to print the image all black?

re phaser 7400 printer prints black file 2 color by Oscar Haarris (2/17/12 8:05 AM) reply + / -
We have a phaser 7400 that prints a black file in black and dark bown when it is suppose to printing the whole form in black! What do we have to do to get the file to print all black! We indicate black only in the printer dialog box when it is sent to the phaser7400!How do we get it to print all black! Is it the file or something in the printer! It prints fine with other files!

Re: Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit by kamran aslam (9/8/12 10:32 AM) reply + / -
i was pissed off when i found that my imaging unit life is about to end but with help of dutchcloggie and DavidHG. i am able to solve this problem thank to you guys and thanks to http://www.fixyourownprinter.com team

Re: Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit by corndogredbone (2/4/13 12:41 PM) reply + / -
yes.....yes..........yes......yes......THIS IS THE MOST VALUABLE PAGE FOR PHASER OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'ALL ARE THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saved muh day, as well!!! thanks forever!!!

Re: Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit by Babend (4/2/14 6:16 AM) reply + / -
You guys just gave me inspiration to do it instead of throuing the unit out the window. More to come ... let's see if I can fix this.

Re: Xerox Phaser 7400 not recognizing imaging unit by Babend (4/2/14 6:52 AM) reply + / -
It worked after doing this: Thank you so much you saved the day and the printer! Thank you David HG (and dutchcloggie)
I followed step by step and my menus where exactly what is written by David HG below:

"I have a Phaser 7400 with the same problem. I followed dutchcloggie's instructions and was able to solve the problem. However, the menus on my 7400 were slightly different: Troubleshooting - Service Tools - Up&Down Buttons - (Hidden Service) - Run Service Diagnostics - (Print Service Menu Map Appears) - NVRAM Access - CRU Counter Resets - Reset Toner Counts (Optional) - Reset IU Counts - (Reset As Needed/Will Be Returned to CRU Counter Reset/When Done Hit Back Button) - NVRAM Reset - (Confirm) - (NVRAM Resets/Printer Hangs Upon Exiting Diagnostics) - Power Off/On - (Cartridge Should Now be Recognized)

Again Thanks you and good luck!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters