fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Epson C84 missing horizontal lines

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Epson C84 missing horizontal lines by ADJ (10/7/09 10:41 AM) reply + / -
I have been running the cleaning utilities for a while, because back when I had more ink it was still having the same problem. I put a new black cartridge in, and it still prints with missing lines. It's not as bad, but still happens. So I can't print anything. Two of the color ones are too low to run the cleaning utility anymore, but I don't want to replace them if the printer isn't gonna work. I have been printing in B&W mode so that it doesn't use the color ink, but it still has the vertical line problem, printing just a black text document.
Also, it seems to miss the exact same lines. I printed the same thing twice trying to get it to work, and it missed the exact same spots.

Re: Epson C84 missing horizontal lines by ADJ (10/7/09 10:50 PM) reply + / -
Anyone? I don't want to waste money on color cartridges if it won't work. I mean I just replaced the black one.

Re: Epson C84 missing horizontal lines by Anonymous (10/7/09 10:56 PM) reply + / -
You can buy a cleaning kit like this http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kits/epson/K89

If the lines are not that bad try changing the resolution to photo or photo enhance. Run it like that for a while and check the progress in a few days.

Re: Epson C84 missing horizontal lines by ADJ (10/8/09 9:49 AM) reply + / -
It's actually better now. It misses less lines, now it only fades away part of the line, so it's a lot more readable. It's just hard and annoying to read.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters