fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

phaser 6350 not printing cyan

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

phaser 6350 not printing cyan by Anonymous (6/11/09 6:11 PM) reply + / -
have a xerox phaser 6350 that does not print cyan.has anyone seen this problem?

Re: phaser 6350 not printing cyan by nivek (edited 6/11/09 8:28 PM) reply + / -
I would start at the imaging unit. check the gears and the cyan drum and make sure they are rotating and have all the teeth. Next check the developer unit for the same issues and make sure you still have toner on the developer roller. Next back would be a clogged auger tube or something blocking the laser from writing the the cyan drum. I recently had to disassemble a imaging unit to remove some labels on the cleaning blades and I can see where one of the gears or plastic bushings/locks could pop off and cause image issues.

Re: phaser 6350 not printing cyan by Anonymous (6/11/09 9:27 PM) reply + / -
the mag roll on the developer has no toner and the devloper is turning.just removed the cartridge and ran toner motor advised by another tech in diagnostic and noticed the motor was running but the gear was not turning like the other colors.it looked like it was binding .

Re: phaser 6350 not printing cyan by jsperk (6/12/09 11:29 AM) reply + / -
Possible auger tube has a hard chunk of toner. Use the back end of the screw driver and smack along the tube.If not could be the whole auger assembly comes with the motor.

Re: phaser 6350 not printing cyan by Anonymous (6/12/09 4:57 PM) reply + / -
i will try hitting the tube.does it have to be taken apart to get to the tubes or is it simple to get to?thanks

Re: phaser 6350 not printing cyan by Anonymous (6/18/09 5:15 PM) reply + / -
replaced the auger and ran the toner motor.after a couple cycles the motor started making noise and the auger seems to have stopped turning.is it possible that there is blockage in the developer housing?

Re: phaser 6350 not printing cyan by aalzate (8/31/09 1:30 PM) reply + / -
My experience with this issue has to do with after market toner cartridges. They seem to be less reliable, and i had several service calls on this issue. Normally I manually run the toner cartridge to insure the internal auger is frre and working, have found a few of these jammed, and then go to Maintenance mode and run the auger for a couple of minutes, the developer assy was probably starved.

Re: phaser 6350 not printing cyan by adivan (3/4/10 1:24 PM) reply + / -
hi
i have the same problem with an 6360. how can i come to maintenance mode ? from where can i get an service manual ?
thanks

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters