fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP LaserJet P4014n

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP LaserJet P4014n by frieste (3/17/09 2:48 PM) reply + / -
I recently purchased the LJ P4014 for my business. We've had nothing but problems with it. We're trying to find out if it's related to a third party app we're running, so don't not buy it because of my little old critique...but I'm still skeptical.

Anyway, a very irritating problem we're having which I'm sure is unrelated to the third party app is that every print job is preceded by an instructional printout of how to clear a paper jam. I mean every print job; my users just handed me about a hundred of these "how to clear a paper jam" printouts that printed before their print jobs came out. Any suggestions? thanks.

Re: HP LaserJet P4014n by Stephen (3/17/09 5:17 PM) reply + / -
I've never heard of the show me page printing before every job.

Are you sure the users are not hitting buttons to get the print?

When I get an oddball problem like that I generally start with a firmware upgrade, (grasping at straws).

I checked the HP CSN Support site and did not find any mention of that problem.

Re: HP LaserJet P4014n by bkivett (4/30/09 8:49 AM) reply + / -
Well, I'm here to report a second case of this. The printer has the newest version of firmware installed in it, and I reset the printer to factory default settings. I couldn't find any options to enable or disable this function either. Has anyone found out anything about this?

Re: HP LaserJet P4014n by ZoKa (2/16/10 4:07 AM) reply + / -
On official HP Forum, you can find related topic with Subject: HP LJ P4015 Error Log Msg 49.4c27 F981 3694 Printer Error

Re: HP LaserJet P4014n by Donna19 (3/23/10 9:50 PM) reply + / -
Just purchsed a P4014n for tghe office. Installed very easily, only problem is can't get the top front lid to close after inserting the toner cartridge. Any suggustions?

Re: HP LaserJet P4014n by Anonymous (3/23/10 11:18 PM) reply + / -
Maybe you don't have the toner cartridge all the way in.

Re: HP LaserJet P4014n by Donna19 (3/24/10 10:26 AM) reply + / -
Tried that already, no luck.

Re: HP LaserJet P4014n by dmzcompute (3/24/10 7:30 PM) reply + / -
If you just purchased it, then call hp customer care and have them walk you thru things to try and if that does not work, they will tell you where to bring it for repair or where to send it for exchange. You could also return to place of purchase and have them figure out what is wrong.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters