dmzcompute

asked Jan 6, 2009 at 1:27pm
Dell Dell Laser 5100CN

Dell Color 5100CN Service Manual

Hey folks. Looking for the service manual for the Dell Color Laser 5100N. Might have to replace a developer drive assembly and looks like I will need good instructions. Any help appreciated.
I will answer my own post as I just found out this printer is identical to the Xerox 6300 for which I have the manual. Only difference is the plastics and the menu items.
by dmzcompute on Jan 7, 2009 at 4:42pm Add comment
Hi
Can I get a copy of the pdf please ?
JM
by jm317 on Jan 22, 2009 at 6:07am Add comment
Hi DMZcompute,

I don't suppose you do have a pdf version? I could really use a copy too, as we've got a customer with a Dell 5100 that needs some work.

-Brandt
by Brante on Mar 10, 2009 at 10:19am Add comment
try www.ebay.co.uk
by jm317 on Mar 11, 2009 at 2:41am Add comment
Does anyone have the correct part numbers for the developing unit assemblys for the 5100CN Printer? I know the printer crosses to the xerox 6300, but the 6300 parts list has 2 different part numbers for the developing assy's depending if it is a 6300 or a 6360. So which one do I use?

Thanks for any Info you can give!
Printdoctor

PS: if any of you guys need the Xerox 6300 manual just let me know and I will share.
by printdoctor on Aug 19, 2009 at 7:07pm Add comment
Hi, if you still have the full service manual for the Xerox 6300 id appreciate a download link mate. There murder to get your hands on. Cheers...

Grant - grant220
Does anyone have the correct part numbers for the developing unit assemblys for the 5100CN Printer? I know the printer crosses to the xerox 6300, but the 6300 parts list has 2 different part numbers for the developing assy's depending if it is a 6300 or a 6360. So which one do I use?

Thanks for any Info you can give!
Printdoctor

PS: if any of you guys need the Xerox 6300 manual just let me know and I will share.
by printdoctor on Aug 19, 2009 at 7:08pm Add comment
I'll take it and put it up in our reinstated Manuals section.
by moe on Aug 19, 2009 at 8:28pm Add comment
Follow this link to download manual.
Cheers!

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=4cc5c979-9acd-4ead-b87 6-b5df2a9dd9a7
by printdoctor on Aug 19, 2009 at 9:04pm Add comment
printdoctor your share.acrobat.com needs a user id and password. . . - jimgeuin
The vendor manual is available on the Dell Certified Systems Expert site. You must have a Dell certified ID and password to enter this site.
https://dcse.dell.com/ifr/Printers/5110cn/index.asp
You have to scroll down to Additional documents which is 3rd from the bottom. Scroll to the bottom of that page and click vendor service manual. There are 9 PDF files to chose from.

Chapter Three — Removal & Replacement Procedures is 11.5 MB alone.

Introduction
Title page, how to use the manual, general information, safety, etc.

Chapter One — Print Engine Troubleshooting
FIPs (Fault Isolation Procedures) Status Code display (numbered codes displayed), LCD Faults (text messages), noises isolation, print quality issues, etc.

Chapter Two — Diagnostics
Details of customer and service diagnostics on printer, how to enter modes, different types (input/output, ESS, test patterns), detailed instruction with illustrations for each input and output test

Chapter Three — Removal & Replacement Procedures
General service procedures, cautions, screws and fasteners, removal/replacement procedures, flow charts for determining interdependencies of procedures

Chapter Four — Plug & Jack Locations
Listings, with illustrations, of connector names and locations

Chapter Five — Parts List
Exploded illustrations, with callouts, of all removable parts in printer — not a Dell RSL but useful for disassembly (uses manufacturer names, not Dell names). Parts specific to the 5110cn are shown in RED.

Chapter Six — Principles of Operation — Engine
How the printer works

Chapter Seven — Wiring diagrams
Block schematic diagrams, by subsystem, whole printer diagram, pin outs, voltage readings, signal names, and logic data

Chapter Eight — Specifications
Electrical properties, dimensions, options, capacities, consumable information, network protocols, etc.
by wallyxyz1 on Sep 30, 2009 at 6:58pm Add comment
We have an error message saying 006-370 when we go to print any ideads please - steve perry
Hi Steve,

have the same problem.
Error 006-370. no printing possible.
Have tried new fuser - same error.

Any idea?
by kuno on Apr 4, 2011 at 2:57am Add comment
The Dell 5100cn is the same machine as the Xerox Phaser 6300

PK
by philly5706 on Apr 4, 2011 at 8:32pm Add comment
yes, thanks, that is correct.
but how to solve this malfunction? - kuno
Estimados Señores: ¿como debo hacer para bajar el manual de Servicio del printer Dell 5100cn?
by Miguel Alonzo on Mar 26, 2012 at 8:14am Add comment
have you not even googled your query cause its one of the first links on google...

just sayin

564 pages long
by rip057 on Nov 12, 2013 at 11:45am Add comment
No, it's not. I fell for that one too, but that's the Inspiron 5100 - a computer, not a printer. You have to search for 5100cn. - tcholmes
Here is a great link for Xerox, HP, Lexmark and Brother manuals
by unknown on Nov 7, 2014 at 2:34pm Add comment
SPAM! - tcholmes