fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

hp laserjet 4250n service error 49.4c02

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

hp laserjet 4250n service error 49.4c02 by mikiel (12/20/08 9:52 AM) reply + / -
the title just about says it all. this is our hotel's main printer so we are lipming along.

please help!
mikiel

Re: hp laserjet 4250n service error 49.4c02 by dmzcompute (12/20/08 10:59 PM) reply + / -
Many times 49 errors are cause by print jobs that confuse the firmware of the printer. Best way to test is to remove the network cable from the printer and turn off and on. If it comes to ready see if you can print a config page. If you can without error you need to go to the server or individual pcs and delete all jobs from the printq, reattach the network cable and see what happens. Do not try to print the first job that was in any que. Most times an Adobe print job will cause the error.

Re: hp laserjet 4250n service error 49.4c02 by ijuarez86 (10/8/10 8:04 AM) reply + / -
HOW DO YOU GET INTO THE SERVER AND DELETE ALL THE JOBS. I TRIED TO DO IT FROM THE PRINTER SCREEN IT SAYS NO JOBS WAITING. BUT THEN IT STILL PRINTS 2 PAGES AND THEN IT STOPS AGAIN AND GIVES ME THE SAME ERROR.

Re: hp laserjet 4250n service error 49.4c02 by Fernando Jorge (7/25/11 7:31 AM) reply + / -
I have 2 HP LaserJet 4250n in one office one is for backup and the error:49.4C02 just append on one printer. any ideas that can help?

many thanks

Re: hp laserjet 4250n service error 49.4c02 by Rob S (7/25/11 9:30 AM) reply + / -
Did you try what DMZ posted???

Rob S

Re: hp laserjet 4250n service error 49.4c02 by dgadmin (3/15/12 2:21 PM) reply + / -
I have the same issue, 4250 dtn, but this solution didn't work. I've upgraded the firmware, reinstalled the PS Driver. The error is only coming from one of the workstations, all other computers can print to it just fine, even the same MS Access Report. But this one machine can print any other Word, Excel, PDF, or even another MS Access report from a different DB just fine. It's not the hardware. But it's also not the software. What to try next.

It's a shared network printer. When I try to install it locally to that client machine, with an IP Port, it fails the install with 'print processor does not exist' I can do these steps just fine on other client machines.

Dan

Re: hp laserjet 4250n service error 49.4c02 by dmzcompute (3/15/12 3:36 PM) reply + / -
Dan lets look at this logically. If all other computers can print fine and you can load each locally except for this computer, your issue is the computer itself. You are having operating system errors which you need to rectify with a repair or fresh install on that computer.

Re: hp laserjet 4250n service error 49.4c02 by marcose (12/3/12 3:22 PM) reply + / -
I have the 49 error on one of the printers and can't get rif off. i cleared the queue from the print server, and even tried to remove and re-add the printer from two of the computers in the lab but still having the same issue when try to print from any computer in the lab

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters