fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Samsung ML 1640

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Samsung ML 1640 by johnnyto1979 (12/5/08 3:56 AM) reply+3 + / -
Anyone have an similar printer?
After toner is gone and cartige refiiled wont recongize the cartrige..
Samsung 2010 and 1610 works fine... many refill's
but 1640 wont.. I find on the cartrige and metalic Cylinder similar with a fuse.. but is all metalic..
HELP?? can anyone?
10x.. and sorry for my bad english

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (12/5/08 6:15 AM) reply + / -
replace the fuse

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by johnnyto1979 (12/9/08 4:36 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hi I put a fuse on cartrge .. but same error?
It;s another fuse? where it is
10x

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Paulhm81 (12/9/08 11:30 PM) reply + / -
This printer needs a chip on the side of the cartridge. Unfortunately the starter cartridge doesn't have a cip nor a place for it. You need to buy a new cartridge and change the cip when you refill it!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by johnnyto1979 (12/11/08 2:50 AM) reply + / -
10x .. I bought a new cartrige .. and is how You said .. got chip..
the problem is .. I can't read the chip and .. who got the e2p image for ml 1640? somebody can help me?
Thanks for your answer..

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by paulhm81 (1/22/09 8:46 AM) reply + / -
the chip is a new model. s3cc921 It's a brand new model with encryption. The replacement chip manufacturers didn't come up with a chip yet. I heared the alternative is some kind of chip mounted on the printer's motherboard that resets the printer at each power on, but I couldn't find the product and a price for it. If you find out anything please let me know.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/28/09 10:29 AM) reply + / -
where is the fuse?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (2/2/09 3:03 AM) reply + / -
http://www.phing.com/listing/39268

i found this site selling that printer resetter... :) ....
i am trying to get in contact with them :)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nkgr01 (2/11/09 3:16 AM) reply + / -
@ mamaremere
Any luck from that site?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (2/11/09 3:23 AM) reply + / -
i got in contact with them

this is what he said:

"Hi,

Thank your for your interest in our products.

Currently we only accept payment through paypal for international order. If you do not have an paypal account, I can arrange to invoice to your email for payment through credit card.

The installation of the chip should be considered reasonably simple and is meant to be done on the printer itself. My first personal experience on soldering is on this permanent chips, had no prior experience to soldering at all. As long as you take care not to burn any part of the circuit board and wires within by following the instruction closely, you would be safe.

The price for the chip with 1 set of toner is at 22usd with 100gram toner which is enough for 1 refill

If you are not really comfortable with installing the chips yourself, I can send you the instructions for removing the printer cover to gain access to the motherboard which you can post over to us for the installation. you just need to remove some screws and wires and the steps are very direct.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Ean"

then, he sent me a paypal invoice money request [because I do not have a Paypal account, he would give me this link, so that i may allow his paypal account charge my credit card with 27 usd = 22 usd for the chip + 5 usd for transportation to Romania]

i didn't proceed further on, because i don't have the money yet... but i will keep you posted as soon as i do that [it might also be a scam :)) ... but if IT IS a scam, then, i will let you know... for the moment i somewhat trust the deal... just a hunch :) ]

yours...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nkgr01 (2/11/09 3:36 AM) reply + / -
@ mamaremere

Same here... I have a PayPal account so I ordered from them yesterday. They were very quick and friendly before the transaction, but they haven't answered after that. The only thing that problems me, is that although the ML-1640 is a popular printer, the chip (if it is real of course) is not as popular and easy to find... Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nalde (2/18/09 5:42 AM) reply + / -
hi! everyone... any luck & update?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nkgr01 (2/21/09 6:36 AM) reply + / -
Yes, the chip arrived. It appears easy enough to install it (only 4 cables to solder). I will probably try to install to tomorrow. I will let you all know.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nkgr01 (2/23/09 12:41 PM) reply + / -
OK the chip is installed and it works! It made my half-filed toner to appear as full again. The next thing to try, is make the printer work with a 1610 toner.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by manka (2/25/09 6:47 PM) reply+1 + / -
Hi,

I was able to duplicate the function of the resetter by just shorting out pins 1 & 4 of the 93c66 chip.

This will reset the counter every time you power up the printer. If you remove the short, the counter will resume counting but the service date information will not be the same.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nkgr01 (2/26/09 9:34 AM) reply + / -
That's great news! Can you please provide a picture?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by manka (2/26/09 4:38 PM) reply + / -
Here it is:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7835/reset.jpg

I have tested this on a printer with the following versions:

OS Version - 1.01.00.78
Engine Version - 1.00.49
SPL Version - 5.07

I am using the original initial cartridge.

I think if you want to use a replacement cartridge, you have to disconnect CN5 and short out CN9. This way the toner will always be treated as the initial cartridge.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nkgr01 (2/27/09 2:43 AM) reply + / -
Thanks a lot! Can you please check the compatibility with the ML-1610 toner? It is supposed that using the chip reseter I have, you can use the above toner instead (I haven't tested it yet).
Anyway, thanks for the great info.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (2/28/09 4:14 AM) reply + / -
hey... i have just finished the process of short-circuiting the pins 1 and 4 on the 93c66 chip [gosh, soldering is such a pain in the ass :-< ... i never enjoyed it :| ]....
anyways... after dealing with the pins, i finally succeeded.
it works...

you know that if you press the button on the upside of the printer for several seconds, it will print you a test page:

The printer stopped at 2100 pages.
after 2100 pages, the test page looked like this:

"ram size: 8 Mb
total page count: 2101
os version: 1.29.00.75 o6-25-2008
engine version:1.00.48
spl version: 5.07 06-27-2006
usb s/n: 144qbkdq909653k [it doesn't matter... i only wrote it for comparison reasons :)) ]
service date: 2009-1-16
toner page count/toner remaining/toner status: 2101/0%/TONER EXHAUSTED
(initial toner page count: 2101)
cartrige capacity: not support
dot/opc coutn: not suport/not support
cartridge s/n: not support
supplier: TONER EXHAUSTED
mnfctrng date: not support"...

ok... so... after short-circuiting the chip... there we go... i will only write down... the ones that changed :)...

"ram size:
total page count: 0 [very nice :D]
os version:
engine version:
spl version:
usb s/n: 0000-00000000000 [interesting :D]
service date: yyyymmdd [interesting]

toner page count/toner remaining/toner status : 0/100%/normal
(initial toner page count: 0) [this is the great news :D ]

cartridge capacity: 0.7k [i reckon this means 700 pages... well, now depending on the refill, you might also get 1500 :D]
dot/opc count: 00/0
cartridge s/n:
supplier: Samsung (INI)
man date: "

well... i guess this is all the information i can provide :D...

thank you A LOOOOT, manka, for your input... it was... really really great...

i am also interested in... "how did you find out this information" :)... it drives me crazy :P...

hope you guys are doing good

ps: this means, i won't be buing no chip from that site i mentioned on my previous post :)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by tech_fighter (3/3/09 12:35 PM) reply + / -
i tried to short out pins 1 and 4.
Now if i print the test page (keeping down cancel button) i have the same page of mamaremere, i.e.

ram size:
total page count: 0 [very nice :D]
os version:
engine version:
spl version:
usb s/n: 0000-00000000000 [interesting :D]
service date: yyyymmdd [interesting]

toner page count/toner remaining/toner status : 0/100%/normal
(initial toner page count: 0) [this is the great news :D ]

cartridge capacity: 0.7k [i reckon this means 700 pages... well, now depending on the refill, you might also get 1500 :D]
dot/opc count: 00/0
cartridge s/n:
supplier: Samsung (INI)
man date: "

The problem is if i try to print in the "standard" way a document, i have an error (software) and the printer doesn't print.
Help please :(

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by tech_fighter (3/3/09 1:00 PM) reply + / -
problem solved..it seems.
I have to uninstall and install the driver.
Now it prints fine also documents

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/6/09 2:30 AM) reply + / -
Thank you Manka. This solved the problem. Cheers

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by KMB (3/11/09 4:16 AM) reply + / -
Having same issue of Toner exhausted. Pls guide me how to reset the printer.
Shall I open the printer to get the chip for shorting.

Thx

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by anonymous (3/11/09 4:48 AM) reply + / -

Hi,

I've found this thread very useful and would just like to post back my success story:

Got a ML-2240 printer with initial toner that run out after 1000 pages. Found that topinks.co.uk is selling toner poweder but from what I've read I knew I need to reset the printer page count.

Opened the back of the printer held by 2 screws, located EEPROM 93c66 as suggested by mamaremere and located pins 1 and 4 by looking at it face on, writing on the chip the right way up, pin 1 is first on the bottom left, pin 4 is last on the bottom right.

Took an ever useful paperclip, shorted pins 1 and 4 and carefully turned the printer on (don't touch any of the compenents on the power supply side or you'll get zapped!). Let the printer "boot up" (10seconds) and switched it off.

Put everything back together and powered on. The pressed the only printer control button for 4 sec to get diagnostic page... PAGE COUNT 0 - TONER 100% FULL.

Now just topped up the toner with powder from topinks and Bob's your uncle...

Would not have paid more for a toner than I paid for the printer and was willing to bin it. It's a nice little printer though and cheap as chips to run this way :)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/11/09 6:19 AM) reply + / -
Thank you so much it worked fine.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aqstax (3/13/09 2:50 AM) reply + / -
hi, i have a ML 1640. It keeps jamming when i try to print 2 sides ( and always the edge of the jammed paper will have ink on it. furthermore, it does not print squarely on the paper and sometimes parts of my document get cut off the end. please help.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (3/13/09 6:02 AM) reply + / -
@aqstax
my printer does the same...

ideas:

1) i am using a commercial toner [aumTEO: toner for use in samsung ML 1710, 1750, 1410, 1510] and one of my ideas is that this kinda toner would overheats the cartridge, therefore activating a thermal sensor, telling the printer to stop printing.

2) while refilling the cartridge... stupid me slipped a good amount of toner inside the green drum [i know... don't laugh too hard please :P ]... so... the toner being present there might overheat the cartridge activating the same thermal sensor i'm thinking about.

3) none of the above... the pages are too curved, therefore making the whole paper feeding process a lil bit more difficult

if i'm just being dumb... please correct me :">

yours...

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (3/13/09 6:05 AM) reply + / -
just a small question...
when i shortcircuited pins 1 and 4... i left the short active, therefore resetting the counter each and every single time i restarted the printer. My question is: "you shortcircuited pins 1 and 4 with the clip, and turned the printer on, therefore resetting the counter. Then, you took the clip away [obviously :P], and... the counter kept counting from 0 to a future 2100 without problems?"

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aqstax (3/13/09 6:29 AM) reply + / -
my printer sometimes jams on the first side. and it almost never prints it squarely on the page.

i use the toner from sumsung for ml 1640, and i've not refilled it. it used to work well then suddenly changed.

Samsung ML 1640 - paper jam by mamaremere (3/17/09 9:59 AM) reply + / -
i'm pisssed!
i am trying to print... but, no matter how i do it, the printer keeps on jamming paper. it does not do it when printing a small number of pages, but if i try to print something like 20 pages... it starts jamming. it jams [after 20 normal pages] at each 5, 6 pages. in order to solve the jamming, i need to open the upper cover or the front cover, and simply close it back, then it will release my paper.
i've blamed the cartridge, the drum, the toner... but none of these seem to be the problem.
i need help... i need ideas...
yours...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/17/09 7:18 PM) reply + / -
where and how does it gets jammed?

the only thing i can think of is if you print continuously, the fuser gets too hot which causes problems with the paper or the toner.

regards,

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aqstax (3/17/09 7:33 PM) reply + / -
usually, for me, it get's stuck just as the front end of the paper enters the toner (orange light comes on). then i have to pull it out (the front end would be all black at the edges) and open and close the top cover. this happens almost everytime i print, whether it's many pages or just a few. also, when it does print, it often comes out crooked, or prints so far from the edge that some of the document gets chopped off.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/17/09 8:38 PM) reply-1 + / -
aqstax,

yours is a problem with the paper feed mechanism. make sure nothing obstructs the paper path. also, check the feed roller - this is the rubber thingy that picks up the paper, make sure it is clean and not gummy.

if the paper does not enter the printer squarely, then the printout will be crooked. if it is severely misaligned, the you will have a paper jam.

hope this helps..

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/17/09 11:32 PM) reply+1 + / -
dear manka
above http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7835/reset.jpg
file image and your message is realy a good trick .
thx .
from where you get this idea ?
can u tell me ?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (3/18/09 1:06 AM) reply + / -
it does start jamming after the fuser gets quite hot.
now my question would be: why now? what triggered the "fuser-problem"? it didn't use to jam the paper, and it does get considerably hotter than in the beginning.
i don't know what other information i could provide :-s
thanks.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by encore (3/18/09 2:45 AM) reply + / -
Hi,

Is this trick ok for SCX-4300 ?
thanks

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (3/18/09 4:07 AM) reply + / -
@encore
if your printer's motherboard has that chip on it [93c66], i reckon that the trick would be functional. You need to check whether your printer has it. If it does not have it... well, that does not mean that the problem is not fixable... you just have to figure it out [we were lucky with manka to help us with this trick :) ]
yours...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/18/09 8:28 PM) reply + / -
@mamaremere,

it could just be an incompatibility with the toner you are using.

try using the original toner and see if you have the same problems.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/19/09 12:53 AM) reply + / -
or try printing an empty page on a clean sheet of paper and see if it jams when the fuser is hot. if it does, then the problem is not with the toner.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (3/19/09 1:27 AM) reply + / -
i have tried printing blank sheets of paper... the problem is not with the toner... the fuser still gets pretty hot.
so this is ruled out.
i also ruled out the type of paper. i was using some cheap paper... i bought the business class xerox type [costs a lot of money]... still the same problem.
somehow i feel that i'm out of things i could test :P
yours...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/19/09 4:52 AM) reply + / -
i guess you need to open it up and have a look. maybe some stuff is stuck along the paper path. or the fuser roller is dirty. you just have to ffind out where specifically the paper gets stuck.

The temperature of the fuser is regulated and there is a thermal fuse in case the thermostat doesn't work, so i don't think the electronics is at fault here.

hope this helps.

regards.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by manka (3/22/09 3:45 AM) reply + / -
The datasheet for the eeprom provides information on how this part works.

This hack basically tell the printer that the eeprom is empty so it resets all the variables that is stored in it. This is normally what happens when the printer is first turned on after assembly. It is the reason why the service date information is lost after the hack.

The russians had posted a similar solution (http://www.startcopy.ru/bbs1/msg/4254.htm) , but it didn't worked on the latest firmware that I had - I just improved their idea.

A lot can learn from many non-english forums with the aid of google. ;)

And I'm to cheap to buy the resetter that mamaremere had posted earlier.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (3/22/09 4:17 AM) reply + / -
@manka
you make perfect sense to me :D

[i'm taking a look at the datasheet now... who knows... maybe i'll find a way to avoid resetting the service data information :P... at least for fun, if not for warranty reasons :P]

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/26/09 8:30 AM) reply + / -
Samsung ML 1640, Samsung ML 2245, Samsung SCX 4300, Samsung CLP 315, Samsung SCX 4521F, Samsung SF 565PR

Refilling solutions

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by idrac_xemor (3/26/09 11:54 AM) reply + / -
dear everybody with paper jamming problem,
you have a problem with the paper feed mechanism, it need to be clean as a baby :) i had the same problem with my Samsung ML-1640, the rubber drum in my printer was dirty because of black powder on it, it was the same with the pad just under the drum, i used IPA and cotton buds to clean this mess, you may also use
swabs of cotton wool and IPA to wash dirt inside your printer where paper goes up, i hope this helps

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by cold1 (4/23/09 4:49 AM) reply + / -
I just updated to the latest firmware, after i reset the EEPROM 93c66, and now the printer is just like at the begining, it keep saying that i must change the toner with a new one, where can i found the original firmware for the ml 1640, so that i can revert to the begining... :) Thanks a lot,

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (4/24/09 2:11 PM) reply + / -
how about simply resetting the 93c66 again? wouldn't that function at all now with the new firmware? ['ve no idea about how you could get back to the old firmware]

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (4/27/09 2:40 AM) reply + / -
What fuse? Pls Help me ok

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nkgr01 (4/27/09 2:35 PM) reply + / -
I just used a toner for the ML-1610 and it works great! This kind of toner is very cheap, very easy to refill and they last for 2000 pages. I have installed the chip mentioned above though.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by cold1 (4/27/09 11:53 PM) reply + / -
You are quite right, i did not think about that... I'll try that, but i don't think it will work, samsung put that firmware for a reason, now i know the reason... :(

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by VXR10 (edited 4/29/09 6:41 AM) reply + / -
Samsung really know the reason :(
I think Samsung has some programmers guys reading forums like this and ones correct and update firmware for their printers we want to fix and crack. And you are simple caught with this :(

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (4/29/09 6:13 PM) reply + / -
Put in a blank 93c66 and I think the printer will work like new. :)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (4/29/09 6:32 PM) reply + / -
Try this site, it might downgrade your firmware:

online.indianrefiller.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (4/29/09 6:42 PM) reply + / -
Download the zip file, register and run the program. The program needs to have a net access to check for the registration status.

I used this program when I was searching for a solution earlier. It changed my firmware to version 1.01.00.78. I'm not sure if it will do a downgrade though.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by farambul (5/6/09 2:17 PM) reply + / -
I've just signed up to thank mamaremere, manka and anonymous the valious advices.

Shorting the pins 1 and 4 really works. In my case, I got a Samsung ML 2240.

Just be carefully to locate the EEPROM 93c66. It's very easy.

Thank you all again.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Louie Angelo (5/6/09 11:32 PM) reply + / -
Sir, i have a samsung ML-1640 ang after refilling the toner i can not print. i tried your suggestion in the fixya.com to short circuit the two pins of the IC but still it doesn't work for me. I look at the IC but the number on top of it is not the same as you posted the EEPROM 93c66. I have chip number k8336 93cbbwb. what are the other ways i can do to reset this printer of mine sir.

Can you please email me the whole process @ Louie_Angelo07@yahoo.com

Thank you very much. I will very much appreciate your reply.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by farambul (5/7/09 11:13 AM) reply + / -
loui angelo:

Did you pulled out the toner cartridge before the shorting?

In my case, the first time I didn't and it doesn't work. Then pulled out the cartridge, made the shorting and finally reinstaled de toner and bingo.

Watch out very carefully for the EEPROM 93c66 all over the circuit. Use a magnifying glass if necesary.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by jack71 (5/12/09 12:49 AM) reply+1 + / -
So everything should be done via chip on the motherboard? Nth to do with the cartridge?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (5/12/09 1:13 AM) reply + / -
well... basicly... the problem is on the printer's mainboard...
the first cartridge that you have in the printer [the so called "starter"] does not have a chip or anything like it... should you buy a new cartridge, you will notice a chip on the right [or left :-?] side... well... if you don't wanna deal with the printer's mainboard, then, you should have to find a way to replace that chip when the printer will no longer allow you to print... that means that you need to find a new chip for the cartridge 8-| [i don't know where these kinda chips would be available :P]

that's my opinion :P

yours...

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by jack71 (5/12/09 1:43 AM) reply + / -
To Mamaremere,

So could you please write down step by step to reset the chip on the mainboard once more?

kind regards,

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by jack71 (5/12/09 2:01 AM) reply + / -
To Mamaremere;

So could you please tell me how to reset on the mainboard step by step?

Thx in advance;

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/14/09 11:38 PM) reply+1 + / -
The instructions are on post 15 and 17.

Take note of the firmware version, which can be seen on the test page, if you have the latest firmware then this hack will not work.

You might try downgrading your firmware, if it works at all, according to post 53.

Regards.

Monitoring via computer by fay (5/15/09 6:51 AM) reply + / -
After i replaced the fuser, my printer (samsung 1640) is abnormal.

It's start printing at the middle of the paper, not at the top of the paper as usuall.
Sometimes it had paper jam too.

Does anybody know to solve my problem ?
thanks

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (5/15/09 8:48 AM) reply + / -
@jack71

mate... the process is explained in posts 15 & 17 [counting might be difficult]

basicly... what you have to do...

1: open up the printer's back cover
[you will find there two boards... you need to focus on the smaller one]

2: find the 93c66 chip [it's a tiny chip on the board as shown in this picture: http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7835/reset.jpg the chip you are looking for is the one that has that green wire on it... yours won't have the wire on it...]

3: focus on pins 1 & 4 [looking at the picture will help you identify them... in the picture... it's the two pins that are connected with the green wire]

4: as soldering might be difficult [it was for me :P] you can find a paper clip, open it up... and connect the two ends to the two pins [imagine that the green wire is actually your paper clip] IMPORTANT: don't touch the paper clip with your fingers, use some nippers [gosh :)) i don't know the word in english for this :P ... it's "cleste" or "patent" in romanian]

5: as you have the paper clip connected, turn the printer on... wait for 15 seconds...

[if you will pay attention to the control light on the front of the printer... you will notice that it will be red for a while, and then green... don't exactly know the order :P]

6: turn the printer off... disconnect the paper clip...

7: put the cover back...

further actions: when your printer will stop printing after other 2100 pages... just repeat steps 1 to 7 [7 being the most important, obviously :P]

hope this helps... i ain't got any other useful information to provide for succeeding in this process [manka is still the MAN :P]

yours

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (5/15/09 9:43 AM) reply + / -
indeed, i forgot to mention that i only tested the hack on this firmware:

os version: 1.01.00.75 06-25-2008
engine version: 1.00.48
spl version: 5.07 06-27-2008

as stated in the previous posts... there might be some glitch applying this hack on latest firmware. Anonymous suggested downgrading the firmware to one of the firmwares where hacking is possible [i ain't no good for downgrading :P can't help you out :P]

yours...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by manka (5/15/09 6:26 PM) reply + / -
Also,

If you are using a replacement cartridge (not the starter cartridge) or the cartridge for ML-1610, you need to disconnect the connector labeled CN5 on the board and short out connector CN9.

In this way the toner will be treated as the starter cartridge but with better capacity.

Regards.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/18/09 4:07 AM) reply + / -
YES BOSS, THERE R 2 WAYS TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM, NO.1) I HAVE SMALL RESETTER SOFTWARE BY THAT U CAN HAVE RESETTING FOR 1 OR 2 TIMES N FOR THAT U HAD TO SEND ME REQUEST MAIL.
NO 2) ITS SIMPLE HARDWARE RESETTING. FOR THAT U HAD TO OPEN BACK PANEL WHERE THERE IS ON/OFF BUTTON. THERE U WILL FIND 2 CIRCUITS PLATE, JUST CONCENTRATE ON RIGHT HAND SIDE ONE. THERE U WILL FIND ONE BIGGER CHIP ( LIKE INTEL CHIP SIZE) EXACTLY BELOW THERE IS A CHIP HAVING IC NO WC9666CU , JUST 4+4 LEG IC. OK? NOW SHORT 1ST AND 4TH LEG BY FORECEP AND TURN ON YOUR PRINTER. AFTER BOOT YOU CAN SEE IT HAS BEEN RESET. IF YOU WISH YOU CAN PERMONANTLY RESET YOUR PRINTER BY SOLDERING BOTH LEGS BY JUMPER WIRE, BUT YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY. BUT IT WORKS 100% I HAD DONE FOR SEVERAL TIMES. JUST DO IT AND REPLY ME. U CAN CALL ME AT MY CELL NO 9423192090-PRAFULLA RELAN

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/18/09 4:40 AM) reply + / -
;-)

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/19/09 3:06 AM) reply + / -
hi my 1640 printer had 93c66wp chip, is same process is applied for it also to reset the counter

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by amitjatin (5/19/09 4:57 AM) reply + / -
hi my 1640 printer had 93c66wp chip, is same process applied for it also to reset the counter? pls confirm

Samsung CLP 315 by Anonymous (5/19/09 8:00 AM) reply + / -
Sir, i got Sumsung CLP 315 colour printer, for this reset chip not available. If any other way (like ML 1640)for resetell me. please help me. (Sorry for my english)

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/27/09 2:58 AM) reply + / -
I'm not able to find the resetting software you're talking about.
Can you help me ?
Thanks for your answering.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Z (5/29/09 6:13 AM) reply + / -
Dear all!

I made a mistake and upgraded my fimware to 1.29.00.69 so shorting the 2 pins did not work (I mean counter was back to 0 but printer didn't print at all and the red light was on)

Then I found the solution:
Download the firmware 1.01.00.60 with which the printer hack (mentioned by manka) worked fine. Just follow this link
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com
and follow the instructions in the official release note.

SO GUYS! HERE IS THE EASY AND FAST WAY TO DOWNGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE! ;)

One more thing! Hurry because someone at Samsung will surely read this and remove the old firmware :S

Good luck!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (5/29/09 8:54 AM) reply + / -
okay... this is just great news for the recent_firmware_dudes.
i saved the file... just in case it won't be available from samsung's official website >:)... so... if they remove it, then we can all share it peer to peer. long live Z.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by kiol (5/31/09 1:25 AM) reply + / -
@Z:

Hi,
I downloaded file you suggested and try to downgrade FW from 1.29.00.73 (date 05-27-2008) to 1.01.00.60.

Before downgrade:
total page count: 672
os version: 1.29.00.73 05-27-2008
engine version:1.00.47

After FW downgrade:

total page count: 673
os version: 1.29.00.60 03-23-2008
engine version:1.00.48

It is strange because only last 2 changed from 73 to 60. It looks like that version 1.29.00.xx is the same.

If I pay attention to the control light on the top of the printer while downgrading, I noticed that yellow light is blinking. Is this OK? I assume it should be green? How long does downgrade last?

Tnx in advance,

AP

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Z (5/31/09 2:04 AM) reply + / -
Hi there!

I'm not really sure why did it do that way, but try to use this:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com

This is another version (1.01.00.66) I haven't tried this but this should work as well as this version is pretty old just like the .00.60 one.

While downgrading let your printer blink anyhow it wats to do it :) It did quite strange things for me as well, but it took just a couple of minutes to downgrade.

After that the light became static green for me but I had my toner freshly filled and I had the paper in the printer as well.

Another idea: Upgrade to the latest firmware (available from Samsungs site) and then downgrade to .00.60 or to .00.66 as that's the way I could downgrade.

Let me know if you need further ideas! ;)

Good luck!

Z

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by kiol (5/31/09 3:13 AM) reply + / -
Hi Z,

I tried version 1.01.00.66 and the result was the same. But then I upgrade FW to the latest version and downgrade with 1.01.00.66. It works, tnx your idea.
It took me just few seconds to downgrade FW.

tnx again,
AP

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by wke (5/31/09 5:26 AM) reply + / -
It takes time to downgrade.
I just succeed to downgrade to version 1.01.00.60 from 1.01.00.82
thank you!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by wke (edited 5/31/09 8:51 AM) reply + / -
"01" in the os version(1.01.00.60) seems stand for English.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by sokhout (6/3/09 8:11 PM) reply + / -
Hi I really need the software to reset the toner chip for Samsung ML1640.

Any one have please help send to my email : sokhout@gmail.com

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by dik (6/3/09 9:37 PM) reply + / -
i think not fuser...
but ic memory in the formater
must be reset

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by vivekjhs (6/4/09 10:16 AM) reply + / -
Sir pls mail me resetter software.
thanks

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Hernest_ (6/5/09 8:39 PM) reply + / -
Gracias por el dato.
Me parecio excelente la informacion proporcionada en esta pagina web. Radico en Mexico y como ustedes tenia el problema con esta maldita impresora Samsung ML1640.

Realmente gracias.

Saludos desde Mexico

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Evilandi (6/9/09 4:48 PM) reply + / -
I want to share my Exprerience with you:

I Just flashed the 1.01.00.60.0 FW first time, nothing happend, so after that directly again, the Printer rebooted, FW Downgrade successful.
But the strange Thing: Also Initial Toner Count and everything was set back to initial state.
So I tried to look if i can find a Method to do this again:

I Updated to 1.01.00.83.0 (German FW).

After that i tried to Downgrade several times, but it didn't work.
But one time it worked (after starting twice the Downgrade like the first downgrade), and now i have a very strange Output of the Status page:

Toner Page Count/Tone Remaining/ Toner Status : 4294967295/ 0% / Normal
(Initial Toner Page Count: 12)

Maybe because I Powered it off and on becaus the Redlights were blinkng very long, and i thought it does nothing, because the first FW downgrade was very fast (without blinking of red lights).

Maybe Someone can use this Information, maybe you find out how to reset it by Software, i couldn't reset it again through downgrade.

Sry for bad english

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Evilandi (6/9/09 5:43 PM) reply + / -
Can someone Explain how to remove the Backcover?

(There are two Screws, but if you remove them, you cant open it....dont want to break something.)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Hernest_ (6/9/09 8:36 PM) reply + / -
No, no sucede absolutamente nada de lo que comentas.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Evilandi (6/9/09 10:25 PM) reply + / -
For printer Samsung ml-1640

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by airwind (edited 6/10/09 8:18 PM) reply + / -
did you find any solution for this?(paper jamming) i'm having the same problem

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (6/11/09 10:16 AM) reply + / -
@manka
Thankkkk uuuuuuuuu!!! It works!!!

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (6/11/09 7:43 PM) reply + / -
if i remember correctly, there is a small "latch" at the top or bottom portion of the cover. just hold it firmly and slowly pull either the top or bottom portion outwards.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Evilandi (6/12/09 3:51 AM) reply + / -
Thx for the description.

I soldered 2 wires on the 2 pins, so i can reset it whenever i want without opening the printer. Works perfect, thx to all of you.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nelu_nelu1 (6/13/09 10:27 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I have a 93c66wp chip, can I reset it ?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Hernest_ (6/16/09 6:52 PM) reply + / -
Yes, you can, but is better you apply the downgrade... it`s the best option.
i do it at this moment and result ok..

sorry for the poor english !!

Saludos desde Mexico

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by srikanth131 (6/16/09 8:02 PM) reply + / -
first of all thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread , Its damm useful.

I had OSver 1.01.00.78 , engine 1.00.49 and spl 5.07 (chipset on the board read 93c66wp )
I tried shorting pins 1 and 4 many a times at no vein. ( as suggested by manka )

I used the download link provided by Z (firmware 1.01.00.66) and started the install process, however the orange light on the printer was blinking for more than 4 mins and I shutdown the printer. guess what When I restarted the printer it had OS ver 1.01.00.66 , Eng 1.00.44, SPL 5.07 and Initial page count was reset to zero with 100% full toner status (shows normal)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by rgv (6/18/09 12:01 PM) reply + / -
hey..i have 93c66wp chip, i downgraded to 1.01.00.60 from 69. tried many times to short circuit the pins but in vain.
when i turn the printer on with the paper clip, first the upper red light blinks for a few times, then the lower red then both blinks then after a pause the cycle repeats. I waited for upto 5minutes. Nothing else is happening and copy count is not getting reset.. Please help

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (6/18/09 5:02 PM) reply + / -
make sure you connect the right pins. and double check that your firmware has indeed been downgraded.

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (6/19/09 2:32 AM) reply + / -
please mail me
samsung ML-1640 reset software

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lokesh (6/19/09 2:50 AM) reply + / -
plese mail me samsung ml-1640 print reset software
(lokesh909@gmail.com)

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by rgv (6/19/09 3:23 AM) reply + / -
re-checked firmwire.. confirmed pins.. tried several times....
still not working !

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by srikanth131 (6/19/09 5:32 AM) reply + / -
rgv do one thing,

1. Start Firmware Upgrade for 1.01.00.66 and wait for around 4 mins or so , When Amber Light is on for some considerable amount of time switch off the printer.

2. Now start you printer and check whether its reset.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by rgv (6/19/09 11:55 AM) reply + / -
i tried that srikanth, it doesnt help. My chip is 93c66wp and am not using the initial cartridge now.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (6/19/09 5:27 PM) reply + / -
did you "disconnect the connector labeled CN5 on the board and short out connector CN9." ?

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by rgv (6/20/09 7:04 AM) reply + / -
ya i disconnected the cn5, and short out the cn9 then tried shorting the pins 1 and 4... still nothing....

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by FUBAX (6/21/09 1:38 AM) reply + / -
hello everyone
mr rgv ,if you have some skill about electronic you can replace the 99c66wp with blank and new 99c66 Chip.
you can simply buy it from online electronic store like Digikey
i think that wp suffix in your chip number mean is write protected so you can't erase it.
this is my opinion!
excuse me for my english.i am from IR

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by FUBAX (6/21/09 6:06 AM) reply + / -
mr rgv you can examine this too:
remove the pin number 1 from the board and connect it with a wire to pin 5.
according the datasheet of the chip , the data of chip only sent to controller circuit when this pin is high(active high), so when you connect it to pin 5(gnd) it can't send data to the controller.
remember:before connecting pin 1 ,first remove it from the board and then connect it to pin 5.
FROM THE DATASHEET:
This is an active high input pin to 93C66 EEPROM (the device)
and is generated by a master that is controlling the device. A high level on this pin selects the device and a low level deselects the device. All serial communications with the device is enabled only when this pin is held high. However this pin cannot be permanently tied high, as a rising edge on this signal is required to reset the internal state-machine to accept a new cycle and a falling edge to initiate an internal programming after a write cycle. All activity on the
SK, DI and DO pins are ignored while CS is held low
i hope this solution can help you.
if succeed ,plase say me about it
second excuse me for my english
GOODLUCK

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by wke (6/21/09 10:00 PM) reply + / -
once fail to downgrade firmware,how to recover?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by rgv (6/22/09 11:49 PM) reply + / -
Thank you FUBAX for the info.. will chk it out and let u know...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by drssg (6/24/09 6:45 PM) reply + / -
I bought today 1640 ML with 93C66WP chip, opened the two screws & latch sort the pin 1 & 4 , it is reset. Remember to pull out the toner cartridge before shorting. It is working Thanks all of U

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by iomale3 (edited 6/26/09 11:03 AM) reply + / -
hi. i have a samsung ml-1640, i sorted the pin 1 & 4 , it is reset, bud the printer doesn't work. i tried to reinstall the software for the printer bud when i do so, it is giving me a message:"the device you are trying to install it is not connected to the pc or it is turned off" ... or if i try to unplug the usb cable and reconnect it i have another message " usb device not recognized".before i sorted the pins i had the same messages. what can i do ???? please help. thank you very much

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by iomale3 (edited 6/26/09 11:01 AM) reply + / -
hi. i have a samsung ml-1640, i sorted the pin 1 & 4 , it is reset, bud the printer doesn't work. i tried to reinstall the software for the printer bud when i do so, it is giving me a message:"the device you are trying to install it is not connected to the pc or it is turned off" ... or if i try to unplug the usb cable and reconnect it i have another message " usb device not recognized".before i sorted the pins i had the same messages.what can i do ???? please help. thank you very much

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (6/26/09 8:36 PM) reply + / -
Sorry, I think you have a faulty printer because of the "usb device not recognized" message.

Try using another computer or there is a problem with the usb cable.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by iomale3 (edited 6/27/09 4:33 AM) reply + / -
thank you for the reply. i tried it on another computer, and i replaced the usb cable whit a brand new one and it is still the same. the printer was working just fine. i ran out of toner so i refilled it. after that the printer worked until one day it started to give me the messages i was telling you about, so i sorted the pins thinking that could be it but it is not. i just bought the printer but i can't do anything with the warranty because i sorted the pins... so what do i do? :-( bin the printer? :-(. thank you very much for the answers and good luck to you all.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by drssg (6/27/09 8:26 AM) reply + / -
First try to print a test page by pressing 4-5 second the big yellow button after turning the printer on. If ur printer gives you a test page the printer is ok

if nothing happen, pull out the cartridge shut it down on it insert it properly then try thr big yellow button for test page.

if in both the cases the printer does not print then probably sorted the wrong I.C. & burned it. But no problem of void of warrenty coz u doe not soldered the wire. Just tell the service station guy that u were trying to upgrade the firmware from samsung website by the time in the middle the power gone. Then tis happened, tell this with some annoyence.
hope thet will help u.
Let us know if any problem
guhasandipan@gmail.com

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by crow62 (6/30/09 2:38 PM) reply + / -
That means that jumping pin 1 and 4 will fix the problem in 1640.2245,4300,315,4521f.565pr? Thanks in advance

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (7/4/09 2:24 AM) reply + / -
hi send me the reset software

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by philly5706 (7/5/09 11:59 AM) reply + / -
There is no reset software.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by luis torres (7/11/09 7:49 AM) reply + / -
please i need software to fix my ml-1640

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (7/12/09 8:00 AM) reply + / -
HI !
I have a Samsung ML 2240 print,my Samsung ML 2240 version 1.01.00.83
I thank want ML 2240 firmware to version 1.01.00.78 or after.
Thank you!!!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (7/15/09 11:14 PM) reply + / -
Samsung ML 2240 New Manufacturing in JUNE 2009.

Lastest Firmware 1.1.x and Using IC 93C66WP.

Still Working???

Samsung ML 2245 Questions? workaround? by qazokm1 (7/16/09 1:19 PM) reply + / -
i am going to buy a samsung ML-2245 i dunno wat chip it will be.

i assume it has the latest encrypion so will it work? is there a workaround?

few things i wanna clarify

1>> i know the shorting pins work in 1640 now will it work in 2245 as well?

2>> few people say there is a resetting software that resets 1-2 times now can any1 pls upload the same or mail me @ [qazokm1@gmail.com]

3>> """disconnected the cn5, and short out the cn9""" pls tell me what is CN5 and CN9 and where it is located?

Re: Samsung ML 2245 Questions? workaround? by Anonymous (7/17/09 10:26 PM) reply + / -
1>> ?
2>> ?
3>> On the ML1640, CN5 is the white plastic 5 wire connector second up from the bottom left hand side of the smaller green circuit board, looking from the back of the printer as it would normally sit on a desk. CN9 is a smaller 2 wire connector located at the top left hand side of that same circuit board.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by wke (7/18/09 4:37 AM) reply + / -
Don't care about CN5 & CN9, someone do that to simulate the original cartridge.see your first cartridge, you will know how to do.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by wke (7/18/09 4:42 AM) reply + / -
I suggest simulate the original cartridge because their(1640 2240 2245) mainboard is not the same.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by dhaval_20 (7/25/09 4:35 AM) reply + / -
Anonymous Please mail me the reset software
dhaval_20@yahoo.com

Re: Xerox 3100 MFP by seby (7/29/09 12:25 PM) reply + / -
After toner is gone and cartige refiiled wont recongize the cartrige...INSERT TONER CARD.....
Ideas?
Thank you!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Mamaremere (7/29/09 10:44 PM) reply + / -
My friend, seby, things ain't that bright on your end... Look what i found: http://www.support.xerox.com

this is a completely different problem than simply resetting a samsung's printer counter. I am terribly sorry for your loss, fratele meu alb :)

later edit: you need to try and find xerox's support page for your product and you will find there some sad information about your cartridge replacement system.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (7/30/09 5:54 AM) reply + / -
Pls send me the deatils at megha_ha@hotmail.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by petercelmaresirau (8/3/09 6:49 AM) reply + / -
Hello everyone!
Pls provide me the software for samsung ml 1640, after an unsuccesful pin shortcircuit printer remains in error!
Thank you all!

e-mail: peter_piranha@yahoo.com

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by anonymous (8/3/09 9:47 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
wow, thanks it works!!! I think it is best solution on entire web... Now Samsung... who´s your daddy??? ahhaha

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/3/09 4:38 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
Learnt it all from here.
Re-filled starter cartridge, reset chip, printed out details page berfore and after re-set, re-set chip and the print is perfect
Thanks everybody.
PAB

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/4/09 2:19 AM) reply + / -
I did this to my ML-2240 and it worked fine.

Before you got the usual report after the printer stopped at 2100 pages.

total page count: 2101
os version: 1.01.00.69 04-14-2008
engine version:1.00.46
usb s/n: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
service date: 2009-1-2
toner page count/toner remaining/toner status: 2101/0%/TONER EXHAUSTED
(initial toner page count: 2101)
supplier: TONER EXHAUSTED

I found the 99C36 chip NB NOT IN SAME PLACE AS ML1640.

Added a short circuit wire... and printed a couple pages

[all same otherwsie]

usb s/n: 0000-00000000000 [blanked!]
service date: 2009-8-4

toner page count/toner remaining/toner status : 9/99%/normal
(initial toner page count: 9)

cartridge capacity: 0.7k [Guess this means 700 pages... I refill from topinks toner bottle so not really relevant]

Dom

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Mukesh Garg (8/7/09 11:27 PM) reply + / -
How to reset Samsung ML 1640 printer to continuous the printing

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by zhono1234 (8/8/09 12:47 AM) reply + / -
hello .
i think you need to install the permant chip. every time when the toner powder is over. you just need to refill the toner powder only. more need. contact me pls

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/10/09 7:28 AM) reply + / -
Just to advise, I have just shorted out the chip as described above, on my ML2240 with f/ware 1.29.00.77 and it worked. Bob's yer uncle! Brilliant. No firmware downgrading reqd, no chips, no wiring, just short it out, switch it on for 10 secs, switch off and it's reset!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/11/09 4:46 AM) reply + / -
Where can I get the 1.29.00.77 firmware for my ML-2240? Thanx

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/11/09 4:53 AM) reply + / -
.... or 1.01.00.78?

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by srccare (8/15/09 7:45 AM) reply + / -
hi dear

thanks

is there any solution for ml 2245.

pls tell me if any

thanks

Re: Samsung ML 2240 by enc321 (8/15/09 4:22 PM) reply + / -
I have tried to short pin 1 & 4 on 93c66 and it works only up to 102 pages then the toner low light keep flashing and stop printing.
I short 2nd time and it prints up to 55 pages then same toner low signs, I did not remove CN5 and short CN9, please advice.
I have tried to download the fix 1.6 to my scx-4300 and it works perfect.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/16/09 1:14 PM) reply + / -
Hi,
thanks it works!it is best solution

Samsung ML 2245 by Anonymous (8/19/09 6:04 AM) reply + / -
Dear

Thanks for the information. I have a question can the same be implemented on ML2245 as we have the same IC 93c666. Moreover, if yes, than if I am not using the original cartridge but I a using one with a new SAMSUNG refill cartridge as we have to purchase one for ML2245 for the first time. Then what connectors we have do remove so that it is treated as the initial cartridge for ML 2245 printer

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/22/09 8:09 AM) reply + / -
Dear manka, mamaremere and techfighter

Do u have any idea to reset ml 2245 printer.

with regards
ajinkya

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/23/09 11:56 PM) reply + / -
ML 1640. firmware .77. reset by shorting out pin 1&4 works ok with replacement cartridge in place. Did not disconnect cn5 or short cn9.

Remember to close up the front panel when resetting the counter. The printer has to go though standard initiation and self test procedure for this procedure to work.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ajinkya (8/24/09 2:13 AM) reply + / -
hi
can i reset in ml 2245. anyone can support me.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/28/09 5:51 AM) reply + / -
Thanks. it works great........ dont forget to put paper in the tray otherwise the light will be red and you will think this is not working......

How to 'Short' CN9? by Subterranean (8/28/09 5:23 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I have got a ML-1640 but need a toner for it. The cheapest way seems to be a 1610 but I need to disconnect CN5 and short CN9. When it says short out CN9, do I need to short the wires on the plug OR the pins on the socket? or do i need to short both? or do i need to short both AND still have them connected?

I would guess dissconecting CN5 is as simple as removing the plug and leaving it removed.

Many thanks for any help and I hope people still read this that can help.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Mamaremere (8/28/09 9:18 PM) reply + / -
You need to short the pins in the socket. What i did was quite simple: i used a hard drive jumper and shorted the two pins in the socket. Good luck :)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (8/31/09 7:08 AM) reply + / -
I have a starter toner which came with the printer and a replacemnet toner which I bought afterwards which has a chip. I intend to use and refill both of them. I need a little bit of clarification. If I use the starter toner shorting the pins on 93c66 is enough to do the trick. However if I use the replacement toner do I also need to have the pins on 93c66 shorted besides disconnecting CN5 and shorting CN9? Also what happens in this situation with the starter toner? Do I have to connect CN5 and remove the short on CN9 when I want to use the starter toner again or will it work just fine with CN5 disconnected and CN9 shorted.
TIA

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (8/31/09 9:28 AM) reply + / -
right... so the two connectors that need "special treatment" [in this case CN5 and CN9] are only used by the printer something like this:

CN9 [the one that needs to be shorted] decides whether the cartridge in the printer is the starter or not. How is that decided? Well, you should notice the fuse on the starter cartridge. This fuse is connected to this connector [CN9], shorting it.

CN5 [the one that needs to be disconnected] reads the CHIP on the replacement cartridge. Since the starter cartridge does not have a chip, this connector makes no difference when using a replacement cartridge.

Now, what does that tell us? A lot, I guess.

If you are using a starter cartridge, resetting the printer only means to short the two pins [1 & 4] on the 93c66 chip. You can use the starter cartridge even if you have CN5 disconnected or/and CN9 shorted.

If you are using a replacement cartridge, resetting the printer means to short the two pins [1 & 4] on the 93c66 chip AND disconnecting the CN5 connector AND shorting the CN9 connector.

hope this helps.
yours.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/1/09 2:51 AM) reply + / -
Thank you mamaremere for your quick and elucidating answer. It is indeed very helpful.
I am just wondering which is the best firmware to use with this hack. Having read through the above posts I see that people have reported sucess with 1.01.00.78, 1.01.00.75, 1.01.00.66, 1.01.00.60. You mention that your original fw was 1.29.00.75. My printer has 1.29.00.78. Does the hack work with my revision of the fw. If I have to flash with 1.01.00.60 or 1.01.00.66 do I have to update to the latest before downgrading as someone reported? And finally, the second two digits seem to indicate the region/country. Does it matter that I will be replacing my 29 fw with 01 fw?
TIA

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by anandharaja (9/1/09 7:40 PM) reply + / -
hi friends

i planned to Purchase samsung ML 1640 Laser printer. here i reads lots of problem and solutions. i want to know these things.

* Tonner Cost (New)
* Refilling Cost
* how many pages tonner have capacity to print.
* is this printer is value for money or expensive

Please tell your comments as soon as possible.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/2/09 2:31 AM) reply + / -
ML 2240

using a starter Toner i get a perfect paper count reset to zero after put the printer ON while pin 1-4 in chip 93c66 are shorted. BUT the printer goes back to old count when the Shorting paper clip is removed.
if shorting paper clip is kept in place permanantly then PC print does not find the USB connection.

OS version : 1.01.00.83 04-08-2008
Engine Version 1.00.50
SPL Version 5.07 06-27-2006
Supplier : Invalid Toner

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/2/09 6:07 AM) reply + / -
hi did you get some responce to your post.
kindly let me know if one rohit.gzb@gmail.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Bakesid (9/2/09 11:55 PM) reply + / -
I have the same 93C66WP chip, my printer details are:
Engine :1.00.49
SPL : 5.07
Not yet reset mine, does your printer have the same details?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/3/09 1:01 PM) reply + / -
Could you send me the firmware downgrade to 1.01.00.60, because the link to http://downloadcenter.samsung.com is invalid.

My email address is kocsis.levente@gmail.com

Thanks.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/4/09 12:12 AM) reply + / -
Can you please post your Farmware version. i got ml2240 BUT i get Toner page count : "Not Supported / Supplier : Invalid Toner.
my farware
OS version : 1.01.00.83 04-08-2009
Engine : 1.00.50
SPL version :.07 06-27-2006
Thanks
Tareque

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/4/09 12:49 PM) reply + / -
My current firmware is:

OS version : 1.29.00.82 03-17-2009
Engine : 1.00.50
SPL version :5.07 06-27-2006

I get toner exhausted, and the Pin1, Pin4 shorting is not working. Please help me to downgrade my firmware and reset the toner counter.

Levi.
kocsis.levente@gmail.com

Re: Samsung ML 2240 by enc321 (9/6/09 8:00 PM) reply + / -
can anyone snap shot where is CN9 , i can't find, TQ

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by rmwolf (9/7/09 10:23 AM) reply + / -
Hello, I need the firmware for a downgrade too. Shorting the pins it's not sufficient with the new firmware (1.29.00.83).
My mail: rm_wolf@hotmail.com

Thankyou for the help.

Ron.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Tareque (9/8/09 3:03 AM) reply + / -
Hi farambul
I got an ML 2240 too. but in my case shorting pin 1-4 works only when shorted permanantly and goes back to old count after short is open. it shows page count zero for diagnosis page can not proceed with PC print as page counter back to old count. also i get Supplier : Invalid toner ( with starter cartridge)
my OS
is : 1.01.00.83 04-08-2009
Engine: 1.00.50
SPL : 5.07 06-27-2006

does downgrade the firmware help ?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/8/09 8:30 AM) reply + / -
hi daemonfr,

I don't have the file you need. please try google.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (9/8/09 8:32 AM) reply + / -
daemonfr,
I tried to send you the files on daemonfr@yahoo.com
the e-mail address is not valid.
should you provide a new e-mail address, i may be able do send you ...0.66 and ...0.60 firmware versions
yours...

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Tareque (9/9/09 12:48 AM) reply + / -
hi mamaremere,
my e-mail is please send me the firmware and also let me know the process of writing the firmware - best option should be firm used for ML2000 sereis

OS version : 1.20 06-22-2006
Engine version : 1.1.06
SPL Version 5.05 01-04-2006

many thanks in advance
Tareque

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (9/9/09 1:27 AM) reply + / -
Please mail me the reset software
m_m_a76@yahoo.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (edited 9/9/09 4:00 AM) reply + / -
new printer samsung ml-1640 by new firmware dosn't work with this way FW :1.01.0084
please help for new firmware

how to donwgrade the firmware of printer to old version

Re: Samsung SCX-4725F by enc (9/9/09 5:14 AM) reply + / -
anybody knows how to refill 4725 without chip ? TQ

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by raiden (9/10/09 6:04 AM) reply + / -
Thanks everybody for the infos
I updated to the latest firmware (taking a bad advice form an other forum) after that the shorting didn't work (if the shorting is maintained then the printer isn't recognised by the PC and the led in printer is red...if the shorting is released the cound gets back to 2100 pages).
I will try to downgrade to the V1.01.00.60 firmware that I found with some googling
http://www.startcopy.net/notes/img/ML-1640_V1.01.00.60.zip

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by daemon_fr (9/10/09 7:16 AM) reply+1 + / -
This is the .66 version, i've tested it on 3 different 1.01.00.83 and 1.29.00.83 bios versions, and it works perfectly!

You don't even need to short the pins 1 and 4 anymore, cuz when the printer generates the toner error, just refill the cartridge and re-write the bios! Everything will start as new, with 100% full cartridge indicator.

www.newerth.com/daemon/ML-1640_V1.01.00.66.zip

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/10/09 7:30 AM) reply + / -
That's assuming that you run Windows and you can easily reflash after each refill. ;) If you are using some other OS downgrading once and shorting the pins is the viable option.
Btw, has anyone tried the flasher under Dosemu, Wine, or in a virtual machine like VirtualBox?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/10/09 7:16 PM) reply + / -
but, if failure to re-write ,how to recover

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Rijo (9/12/09 2:47 PM) reply + / -
I did the bypass temporarily and also reinstalled and restarted the printer... Still doesn't print...

When I keep the only button pressed and release after 3 secs I get the print with the following message:
ram size: 8 Mbytes
total page count: 0
os version: 1.01.00.83 04-08-2009
engine version: 1.00.50
usb s/n: 0000-00000000000
service date: yyyymmdd

toner page count/toner remaining/toner status : Not Supported/ Not Supported / Not Supported
(initial toner page count: Not Supported)

cartridge capacity: Not Supported
dot/opc count: Not Supported
cartridge s/n: Not Supported
supplier: Invalid Toner
manufacturing date: Not Supported

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you can call me at 9986800398 or email me at rijoscletus@gmail.com

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/17/09 1:31 AM) reply + / -
hello everyone

here is what happened to me:

i bought a printer for a friend

i tried the shor 1-4 pin thing

it didn't work - the printer stopped working as said before me
I took out the short

so I took the 1.....66 firmware and after the downgrade it said 0 pages
i printed a few pages and tried to do the same firmware again but it didn't work

I shorted the 1-4 pins again and it worked. I tried it several times.
I gave the printer to my friend and surprize - when installing the printer from the original cd, it started upgrading the firmware and after that the printer went dark. 1 second the leds were lit and the nothing. Even the motors didn't start . I connected it to my pc and it said offline. I tried to do the downgrade again and nothing. So I discovered that if i hold the button down while powering up the printer, the leds started blinking forever and surprize again, the printer showed up as online on my pc and i was once again able to do the downgrade and now all works well. I thnk to evoid the firmware upgrade wile installing the printer, you shoud disconnect your pc from the internet, for my friend said that it downloaded automaticly the firmware. I don't know if the firmware was on the ce, but that's what he said.

Good luck to all of you!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by syy800001 (9/17/09 8:05 PM) reply + / -
Please give me a ML-2241 firmware, thank you, my e-mail£º
syy8001@sohu.com thank you!!!

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (9/18/09 3:44 AM) reply + / -
lock is there plz press toward inside and pull

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aone (9/18/09 5:06 AM) reply + / -
semsung printer ml 1640 &scx4300 printer peg cawont 0

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by virus_060685 (9/20/09 4:24 AM) reply + / -
hello friends,

i downloaded both the firmware version that is 1.01.00.60 & .66 but nothing happens. when i try to run the executable file to downgrade the firmware it just gives flash and nothing happens further

my current verfion is 1.01.00.83 please help me out....

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by raiden (9/20/09 2:31 PM) reply + / -
You have to drag and drop the flash file on the executable one, once the printer is connected and is up and running. The downgrade process will begin automatically (printer led bilnking pink), then the printer will restard and no more of red red wine (red led)
Tried this on my printer and one of a friend of mine, my friend decided to get an other 1640 printer in case the one he is owning breaks down when no more of them are sold...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by clientmystere (9/21/09 2:14 PM) reply + / -
Anyone has a firmware fix for ML-2240?

Anybody tried the ML-1640 on ML-2240 printer?

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (9/27/09 10:38 PM) reply + / -
dear friend,
i am trying to short 1-4 pin of ic but it is not working properly

before shorting pins the test page is looks like

ram size : 8 mbytes
total page count: 2107
engion version: 1.00.50
usb s/n : 4r67bahs400401p
service date: 2002-52-65
toner page count/toner remaining/toner status :2107/0(%)/ toner exhausted
(initial toner page count: 2107)
cartradge capacity : not support
dot/opc count : not support / not support
cartradge s/n: not support
suppliar: toner exhausted
manufacturing date : not support

after shorting pins the test page is looks like

ram size : 8 mbytes
engion version: 1.00.50
usb s/n : 0000-00000000000 (it change)
service date: yyyymmdd (it change)
toner page count/toner remaining/toner status :not support/not support/not support
(initial toner page count: not support)
cartradge capacity : not support
dot/opc count : not support / not support
cartradge s/n: not support
suppliar: invalid toner (it change)
manufacturing date : not support

but in pc it shows invalid cartradge & dosent print

so please suggest me what to do or give me other solution
thanks & regards
prafful thakare

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by raiden (9/28/09 8:33 AM) reply + / -
Dear prafful
As said in earlier posts. The shorting procedure won't work if you have a new firmware installed. And it appears that you have the latest one (1.01.00.83 04-08-2009). I updated (by accident) my printer to that version and it showed the same behavior that your printer is showing. I fixed that just by downgrading to the V1.01.00.60 version. daemon_fr says that it also works with the V1.01.00.66 version.
So Just Download either version and give it a try.
DOWNGRADE (and don't forget to pray while downgrading, for some printers, it appears that it helps :-) )

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (9/28/09 8:55 AM) reply + / -
@prafful

should you provide an email address i can email you the two downgraded firmware versions.

don't panic... apparently, errors and bugs can be solved by a certain amount of prayer :)

yours...

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Tareque (9/28/09 11:07 PM) reply + / -
Dear mamaremere
Please also send me the same to tareque.vintage@gmail.com
Best Regards/Tareque

+++
should you provide an email address i can email you the two downgraded firmware versions.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Tareque (9/29/09 12:40 AM) reply + / -
Dear All
to share with ML2240 owners.
I have an ML2240 with Toner Exustaed problem, after downgrade the firmware "ML1640_V1010060.fls" i got 'Cover open' error. then i upgraded it with "ML-2240_V1.01.00.83.exe" downloaded from samsung site and the initial count back to Zero. I am happy!

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (9/29/09 11:16 AM) reply + / -
hy mamaremere

my email address is

praffulthakare@gmail.com

please send me the downgraded firmware versions

thanks & regards
prafful thakare

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (9/29/09 1:06 PM) reply + / -
@prafful & all_gmail_users

Please note that due to gmail's specific filtering policy, the firmware downgrades cannot be delivered via e-mail to you guys, so it would be a good deal if you guys could provide some different email address [i've had good results with yahoo and msn/hotmail servers]...

sorry mate.

yours...

I need downgrade methoid please by Anonymous (10/4/09 5:33 AM) reply + / -
hi , cud u email me the downgrade files please, thnk u
bsaridar@yahoo.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by oldengineer (10/5/09 7:00 AM) reply + / -
ML 2240 fix.

OK I finally managed to reset the ML 2240 after some considerable experimentation. This is how it is done. Download the firmware version 1.01.00.60 for the ML1640 printer. Also download the latest ML 2240 firmware.

Disconnect the CN5 connector above the red and grey wired multiplugs. Either short the CN2 connector on the top left, or use a 1 amp fuse to do the same on the toner, where the link goes on the starter cartridge.

Flash the ML2240 printer with the ML1640 firmware. After this is done after a minute or so, the ML2240 will display a red light and refuse to work.

Switch off the printer, short terminals 1 and 4 on the 93C66 eeprom chip, switch on the printer. After about 15 seconds or so switch off.

NOW REPEAT SWITCHING ON/OFF WITH THE SHORT, TWICE AGAIN. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Now switch the printer on again.

Flash the printer with the latest ML2240 firmware, presently at version V1010083. The amber light will start blinking and may continue forever.... however...

After a minute, switch off the printer, short terminals 1 and 4, switch on the printer. After about 15 seconds or so switch off.

NOW REPEAT SWITCHING ON/OFF WITH THE SHORT ONCE AGAIN.

Every time I use this procedure the page counter is reset to zero, and the toner is reset to 100%/normal. I found that using less on/off procedures did not reset the printer!

Also found that the test print output lost the service date, usb s/n and a few other items. However, it prints perfectly with a refilled toner, which is all I wanted.

I also found that removing the 93C66 chip and replacing it with a new one also resets the printer, but the above procedure is less intrusive.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by SteveUK123 (10/5/09 8:08 AM) reply + / -
Another fix for the ML-2240

I found an old firmware (V.70) for the ML-2245 which works fine with the ML-2240.

Just flash your ML-2240 with this firmware:

http://rapidshare.com/files/288998818/ML2245.fls.html

and then follow the normal steps to short pins 1 and 4.

The counter reset fine for me using the inital cartridge, and I was able to flash to the new ML-2240 firmware afterwards.

Hope that helps!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by vshsv (10/7/09 12:46 AM) reply + / -
hy mamaremere
please send me the downgraded firmware versions
to: wvshsvw@yahoo.com

thanks & regards

Could anyone make foto's of the connectors as it should be done
" need to disconnect the connector labeled CN5 on the board and short out connector CN9".

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by vshsv (10/7/09 3:04 AM) reply + / -
found
http://www.startcopy.net/notes/sams_1640.shtml

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by bojoy (10/8/09 4:11 AM) reply + / -
@mamaremere

i just bought my ML-1640. i was just googling about this type of laser printer and I found this thread.

Before, I own a laser printer samsung ml-1610 because i don't know how to repair the toner, cause there was a line between the document when i print. So i sold it.

But because of the demand in fast printing i bought a new Samsung ML-1640. But unlike the ML-1610 which its toner is plug and play (i mean refill and plug-in), this ML-1640 it isn't. I just found out about it here.

My worry is, will it work on my ML-1640 about the short circuiting of pin1 and pin4?

My ML-1640 returns:
Ram Size: 8Mb
Total Page Count: 9
OS Version: 1.01.00.77 07-30-2008
Engine Version: 1.00.49
SPL Version: 5.07 06-27-2006
USB S/N: 145HBKCQ903202X
Service Date: 2009-10-7
Toner page Count/Toner Remaining/Toner Status: 9 /99(%) / Normal (Initial Toner Page Count: 9)
Catridge Capacity: 0.7K
Dot/OPC Count: 12289930/81
Cartridge S/N: Not Support
Supplier: SAMSUNG(INI)
Manufacturing Date: Not Support

Also please send me the files needed for firmware downgrade at tracerzero@yahoo.com; Thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by advan (10/8/09 9:53 AM) reply + / -
hello,

there is a firmware or software to use my ML1610 cartridge with my ML1640 printer ?
my printer resets the page count every time i turned off and on but still cant use 1610 toner

thanks in advance
Advan

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (10/12/09 12:31 AM) reply + / -
@bojoy

apparently your firmware (1.01.00.77) is old enough to be responsive to shortcircuiting the two pins on the printer's chip. I cannot be sure about that thou :). What I know is that there've been users that did the trick with 1.01.00.75, 76,78. I'd say, go ahead and give it a try...

I will proceed to emailing you the two firmware downgrades to 60 and 66.

Good luck :)

Yours.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (10/12/09 8:07 AM) reply+1 + / -
I'm sure these version work ok after short circuit.
1640:1.01.00.78
2240:1.01.00.69
2245:1.01.00.70

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by SteveUK123 (10/12/09 12:31 PM) reply-1 + / -
ML-2245 firmware again, as I know my previous link doesn't work anymore.

This is version V70 which works fine with the ML2240 to reset the counter.

http://uploading.com/files/f5f6ad95/ML2245.fls/

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (10/15/09 11:20 AM) reply + / -
Many thanks to the people who here have sent in solutions.I flashed with firmware V1.01.00.78. to V1.01.00.60 and problem seems to have been resolved.The amber light kept flashing for ages , and I lost patience (30 mins or so) and turned off the printer
and turned it back on and fixed the flashing red light issue.

1)Downloaded zip file
2)Extracted zip file contents into a new directory
3)Plug in printer and make sure its marked Online in your Printers control applet in Windows
4)Drag and drop the ML1640_V1010060.fls file onto the usbprns2.exe binary
5)Light will turn amber
6)Get a cuppa
7)Some people have reported theirs to restart and set itself to green position.As previously said I restarted mine manually.

I uploaded my firmware here

http://www.multiupload.com/15PKSGJC60

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by bojoy (10/17/09 3:27 AM) reply + / -
@mamaremere

thanks a lot.

is there anyone knows why my printer ML-1640 print-out quality is no longer dark as the usual? it seems the quality is like that of the photo copier in draft mode. I have already refilled my toner 3x and I set the print quality to dark. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by bojoy (10/17/09 3:57 AM) reply + / -
@mamaremere

thanks a lot.

is there anyone knows why my printer ML-1640 print-out quality is no longer dark as the usual? it seems the quality is like that of the photo copier in draft mode. I have already refilled my toner 3x and I set the print quality to dark. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (10/19/09 7:55 PM) reply + / -
can someone help me to reset ML2240? it is similiar with 1640 or not?

thank u

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (10/20/09 6:04 AM) reply + / -

Please let me to know to download link for the samsung ML 1640 Reset software.

sugath

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (10/23/09 12:10 PM) reply + / -
Hi

I need some help

Not sure what I have done, but I have a flashing amber light!

can anyone help me please

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Harshal (10/26/09 5:18 AM) reply + / -
Please send me printer firmware version 1.01.00.60 or 1.01.00.69 or 1.01.00.75 or 1.01.00.78 on my email hwani2288@gmail.com. i shorted the pins and it worked. my printer test page showing page count as 0 but printer status is not shown on computer.
pleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz help. send me the old firmware.

n thanx to all 4 the hack!!

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Harshal (10/26/09 5:26 AM) reply + / -
Please send me printer firmware version 1.01.00.60 or 1.01.00.69 or 1.01.00.75 or 1.01.00.78 on my email hwani2288@gmail.com. i shorted the pins and it worked. my printer test page showing page count as 0 but printer status is not shown on computer.
pleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz help. send me the old firmware.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mamaremere (10/26/09 5:38 AM) reply + / -
Harshall,

i can forward the firmware downgrades, i just need a different email address from you.

gmail is rejecting the files because they are executable.

if you have an yahoo or hotmail or whatsoever [not gmail] email address, that'd be great :)

mamaremere...

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Harshal (10/26/09 5:44 AM) reply + / -
ok ok i got it.. mail it on hwani2288@yahoo.in or harshal_wani@hotmail.com or hwani2288@indiatimes.com.

if still not possible, rename the zip extension form .zip to .z and then mail it.

thank u very much.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by hwani2288 (10/26/09 6:01 AM) reply + / -
@mamaremere

hi, this is Harshal. I've signed up with fixyourprinter.com with username hwani2288.

do tell me s soon s u send me the old firmwares.

well i've also found out another solution for it.
try it, but i dont know whether it works or not.
Itz as follows:

"Are you trying to reset it to get all of the ink used?
If so, it's a simple trick.
Cover the holes on the side of the drum with electrical tape (the printer shines a light through, if the light goes through there's no toner left, but if it doesn't it acts like there's a full cartridge)

Now use the following sequences on the printer:

1. Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
2. Turn the printer off.
3. Hold the 'go' button while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
4. Release the 'go' button.
5. Press the 'go' button 2 times.
6. Pause.
7. Press the 'go' button 5 times.
8. The toner light should be off.
9. The paper light should be on or flashing.
10. Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.

This should reset the drum so that you can get every penny of ink you paid for.

Good Luck.

Thanx!!!

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (10/27/09 12:57 PM) reply + / -
Hi Steve which OS Version do you have?

Re: Samsung ML 2240 by Traffic Gimp (10/31/09 8:51 AM) reply + / -
My ML-2240 was shipped with "OS Version 1.29.00.77 07-30-2008".
After 2 refills of Starter cartridge, it recently showed test page "210x/0(%) / Toner Exhausted" and refused to print.

Following TAREQUE's posting from 28/9/9:
1/ downgraded to ML1640_V1010060.fls. NB it did not auto-reboot.
2/ upgraded to ML-2240_V1.01.00.83.exe. NB still no auto-reboot.
- BUT AFTER CYCLING PRINTER POWER IT NOW PRINTS + test page shows
"OS version: 1.29.00.83 ... Toner Status : 1 /100(%) / Normal"

As if 1 clears the memory address used for by later fw 2 for #Pages. So while not doubting OLDENGINEER's posting from 5/10, I suggest try TAREQUE's first (less invasive and does not violate warranty). I will post again if it stops printing again after ~50 pages :-)

BTW my profuse thanks to all you folks determined not to be ripped off by the printer co's ...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by peter09876 (11/7/09 8:12 AM) reply+1 + / -
wanted to reset the counter on a ML-1640 printer.

followed the advice above from
"daemon_fr" - (9/10/09 7:16 AM)
and it WORKED perfectly.

1) original OS was:

Total Page Count: 494 (with original cartridge).
os version: 1.01.00.78 09-30-2008
engine version: 1.00.49

I downgraded to OS version:
os version: 1.01.00.66 03-28-2008

To do so, I downloaded v 66 from the following link:
www.newerth.com/daemon/ML-1640_V1.01.00.66.zip

2) After running firmware, I had:

Total Page Count: 0
os version: 1.01.00.66 03-28-2008
engine version:1.00.44

At first, under "Toner Page Count/Tone Remaining/ Toner Status", I had:
4294967295/ 0% / Normal

After have a few prints went through, I had:
5/ 0% / Normal

So basically, toner count has be reset perfectly, and I have NOT needed to short any pin (1 and 4 for example).

Reset has been done solely by software.

Thanks daemon_fr!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (11/7/09 11:01 PM) reply + / -
how I can read firmware of ml-1640 and save to pc ?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by biggyboy (11/9/09 12:14 AM) reply + / -
Someone pls help? After just a few refills (3 at the most) the toner cartridge seems to produce dull printouts. Any advise on Samsung ML1640 fading printouts? I have refilled the cartridge successfully in the past without any problems until now.. thanks!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by biggyboy (11/9/09 12:19 AM) reply + / -
Someone pls help? After just a few refills (3 at the most) the toner cartridge seems to produce dull printouts. Any advise on Samsung ML1640 fading printouts? I have refilled the cartridge successfully in the past without any problems until now.. thanks!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by biggyboy (11/9/09 12:19 AM) reply + / -

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by hwani2288 (11/9/09 11:30 PM) reply + / -
@biggyboy

hey, check for the print settings in your computer. open the samsung printer software and in driver settings menu, go to graphics. There check the toner save mode to off, resolution to 1200 dpi or 600 dpi as you wish and darkness to dark, light or normal as you need.

Change these settings as you need your prints.
If still you are unable to get darker prints, try to clean your drum by a soft cloth. BUT BEFORE DOING THIS, ASK ME FIRST OR IT WILL DAMAGE YOUR DRUM.

DO TELL ME YOUR RESULT.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by biggyboy (11/10/09 1:11 AM) reply + / -
Hello hwani2288,

I've tried your recommendation, but to no avail. The results are the same even after I placed it in maximum setting (1200 dpi, DARK). I even pushed and held the cancel button on the printer to print out a status report and the printout itself isn't as solid as before.. :C

Please do give me detailed instructions as to how to clean the drum, because I just bought another ml1640 and I'm afraid this has been a very bad investment for me... wahh!

Thanks alot!

Regards,

biggyboy

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by hwani2288 (11/11/09 1:21 AM) reply + / -
If it is so, take out your cartridge, open up the sideway screws with the help of a screw driver.All the screws are of same size, but remember every part, i mean how you removed it step by step. As you will need to be careful while refitting these parts. there is also a small spring in the cartridge whichyou willl have to take care of while removing and refitting the parts in the cartridge.

1) Open side cover of cartridge, and remove all the toner powder from it.

2) Now remove parts step by step till u see the drum. now with the help of a soft cloth, take out the drum and clean it ith a soft cloth. TAKE CARE NOT TO LEAVE ANY SCRATCHES ON THE DRUM.

3) Reassemble all the parts and your cartridge is ready to use.
REMEMBER TO PUT BACK THE POSITION OF THE SPRING AS IT WAS.

Re: Samsung ML 2850 by G K Wadhwa (11/11/09 3:00 AM) reply + / -
I have ML 2850 how to reset the page count please let me know

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by biggyboy (11/11/09 3:53 AM) reply + / -
Thanks hwanni228, I'll see what happens after this. Though it would also help if you can show me what that drum looks like. Is that the green like tube that you see every time you pull it out, or is there another one inside that? Will any soft cloth do? (as in cotton) or some other special cloth maybe? Thanks again for the BIG help!

Regards,

biggyboy

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by viral (11/12/09 1:51 AM) reply + / -
thanx 4 the for reset ic samsung ML-1640

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by hwani2288 (11/12/09 3:32 AM) reply + / -
Hello biggyboy, This is harshal (hwani2288)

You are right, the drum is the one which is green and looks like a tube and we can see it everytime we remove the cartridge.

And use any soft cloth which wont leave major scratches on it. u can use a cotton cloth, or u may even use cotton itself.

There is also one more drum inside the printer same as one in the cartridge but i wont advise you to open up your printer!!

Regards, Harshal Wani (hwani2288)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by areis (11/14/09 3:18 PM) reply + / -
hi i need oryginal firmware for ml-2240. Anybody have?? Pls send on mail: areispl@gmail.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lclem (11/15/09 1:14 PM) reply + / -
Hey there, after trying various methods mentioned here, I have still had no luck. Unfortunately, I also now have no working firmware for my printer... Please if anyone has firmware for the ML-2240 i was on V1.29.0.77 and engine ver: 1.00.49
Please send the firmware to i.am.luke08[at]gmail.com or opensourcesurfer[at]yahoo.co.uk Thanks..
Also, just to let you know, a temporary shorting of pins 1 and 4 do not work on this printer (it is the 93c66WP chip).
Any ideas? The ML-1640 fw gave em a red light, the ML-2245 gave a 'Not support' in most areas of the test page... and doesn't print either. Please help..
Thanks

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by alutov (11/16/09 1:07 PM) reply + / -
Can anyone give me a link to a ml-2245 newest(as I know it's 83) firmware? I can't find it on Samsung official sites.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (11/17/09 6:01 AM) reply + / -
how I can read firmware of ml-1640 and save to pc ?

please.....

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by FreeZLO (11/18/09 4:05 AM) reply + / -
Friends. Give please to me ML1640_V1010083.fls Help!!!

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (11/18/09 6:29 AM) reply + / -
give me your email id i can send it to you

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (11/18/09 8:03 AM) reply + / -
it is good of urs for helping us in resetting the counter.....i need more help from u....i don't even know where the chip is please tell me where is it?and then steps please...waiting for ur reply

e-mail address: spykie_dash@hotmail.com

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (11/19/09 5:48 AM) reply + / -
I've just bought a Samsung ML 1640. I thought it would be easy to refill the cartrige and get the printer running again. I should probably have checked your forum before! Can you please give me a hand? I don't understand much about toner refilling or soldering and I counldn't find much information in Portuguese. Is it really necessary to buy that part in Romoenia, can't I just solve it at home?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (11/19/09 1:43 PM) reply + / -
I had the latest firmware.

I downgrade to 060 and short connect 1+4 pins.

It works!

Many thanks guys!!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by alutov (11/19/09 8:53 PM) reply + / -
Hi, all! Sowtware only solution for ml1640/2240: http://www.startcopy.ru/bbs1/msg/5583.htm?47

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (11/20/09 8:58 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I have the samsung ML 2240 and I would like to refill the toner. Can someone give me a step by step way to do this? Where should I buy the refill powder? How can I reset the page count or whatever needs to be done in order to have the refilled cartridge work in the printer? I tried looking for the 93c66 chip and couldn't find it. Also how do you shorten these pins?
I am technologically illiterate so I need to be explained everything. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out because I really don't want to spend 70$ to get another toner cartridge--that just seems ridiculous.
Thank you

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by alutov (11/20/09 10:14 AM) reply + / -
You can download 2 archives in link posted above, unpack in the same folder for example c:\scx1640, power on printer, execute fix2240.bat then downl2240.bat. When download ends restart printer. Thats all.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lclem (11/20/09 12:28 PM) reply + / -
Ok, so I visited that russian site and downloaded the Fix2240 archive. I reflashed and rebooted the printer a few times and although my total page count is 0, the toner is still reporting as 3% remaining, Toner Low. That is what the status of the toner was before, even though I have now refilled the cartridge. Will the printer keep printing with a toner low status? Is there a way to reset/ignore the chip status?
Luke

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by alutov (11/20/09 10:09 PM) reply + / -
remove chip from cartridge if exist.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lclem (11/21/09 4:49 AM) reply + / -
Yes, thanks alutov. I have put a piece of sellotape over the chip and now the printer reads the cartridge as full!
Thanks.

ps, to repay you all, I will make a complete tutorial on instructables.com soon!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by alutov (11/21/09 9:37 AM) reply + / -
Remark: reset available only if jumper DEVE shorted(starter cartridge).

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (11/21/09 9:45 AM) reply + / -
Hi Alutov,

Which fls file must be used?

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by hlict (11/22/09 5:35 PM) reply + / -
How I can know my version firmware of Samsung Ml 1640 ?
Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (11/23/09 10:10 PM) reply + / -
press buttom on printer for 5 second

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (11/23/09 10:13 PM) reply + / -
press buttom on printer for 5 second

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (11/25/09 12:46 AM) reply + / -
Any body have this firmware ML1640_V1010077.fls
please help I need it

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (11/27/09 10:19 AM) reply + / -
i am resetting many ml 1640 printer by ML1640_V1010060.fls firmware
but today one printer is dead after using this firmware i use this firmware second time on this printer
symtoms of printer
when we on the printer the two lights on & just off
pc is not detecting printer
& it is dead

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by toodstool (11/29/09 5:57 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem as prafful.
I just tried to downgrade my firmware to version 1.01.00.66 (previously I had 1.20.00.78) using the programme from daemon_fr and now my printer is dead! It is not responding (all lights are off) and the pc does not detect the printer :(

If andybody has an idea what to do please help.

Thank you in advance

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (11/29/09 8:49 AM) reply + / -
i solve the problem by pressing the ok button & on it 4 or 5 times it will show red light blinking but next time it is detected in pc
but it is not downgrade by ML1640_V1010060.fls firmware
please try this first
if anyone know how to resett the 1640
currently i have 1.01.00.93 firmware

Thank you in advance

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (11/29/09 8:50 AM) reply + / -
i solve the problem by pressing the ok button & on it 4 or 5 times it will show red light blinking but next time it is detected in pc
but it is not downgrade by ML1640_V1010060.fls firmware
please try this first
if anyone know how to resett the 1640
currently i have 1.01.00.93 firmware

Thank you in advance

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by toodstool (edited 11/29/09 4:26 PM) reply + / -
@prafful:

unfortunately it is not working with my printer. do you mean the big red button? do you press it when the printer is on or off? because my printer is not responding at all, only shortly the lights when i turn on the printer, but then it goes dead :(

thanks again for your help!

Re: Samsung ML 2245 by scs (11/30/09 12:31 AM) reply + / -
yeah hi,
this s murali.my toner has been exhausted and i ve refilled it , but it again lets me as toner exhausted..the thread says that in ml 2240 short circuiting makes the counter to reset but does that exactly happen in ml-2245 too or else it would lead to problems.plz help me out.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by sumesh (11/30/09 12:58 AM) reply + / -
I have latest version firmware such as - Ram size 2 mbytes, OS version 1.15 06-14-2006, Engine Version 1.1.13, SPL Version 1.26 04-14-2005.
I will give solution for how to reset printer (scx4300 & ML1640)by manually, how to insert fuse, and how to disconnected page counter,how to refile toner again by life time.
I recently repaired ML1640 printer successfully,, and i have also solution for scx4300 printer, its all are 100% working.. If u need solution Mail me sumesh.srini@rediffmail.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 & scx 4300 by sumesh (11/30/09 1:02 AM) reply + / -
if u need solution for both printers mail me sumesh.srini@rediffmail.com (Only for ML1640 & SCX 4300)

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (11/30/09 2:55 AM) reply + / -
you want to press the big red button when printer is off & in this condition when you press red button turn on the printer dont leave the red button whenever red upper red light is not continuously blinkling

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by toodstool (11/30/09 10:19 AM) reply + / -
@prafful: i have switched the printer on while pressing the red button and waited a few seconds. now the light is blinking red and green very fast, but still the printer is not recognized by the computer. what do i do now?

thanks again!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (11/30/09 10:15 PM) reply + / -
u want to update firmware

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by toodstool (12/1/09 12:44 PM) reply + / -
how? i have tried to use the official samsung software for updating, but it does not recognize the printer.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (12/1/09 9:02 PM) reply + / -
try three or four time it works
try ML1640_V1010060.fls this firmware

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (12/1/09 9:36 PM) reply + / -
i have currently 1.01.00.93 firmware
how to downgrade it & solve toner empty problem
thanks in advance

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by toodstool (12/2/09 5:19 AM) reply + / -
@prafful: i have revived the printer, thank you so much!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (12/2/09 8:48 AM) reply + / -
thanks in advance

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by milonga (12/2/09 1:30 PM) reply + / -
In case it helps, I found the following statement on http://www.nextink.it
I cannot confirm it, just translating from Italian... If true, the new
firmware should remove the existing restrictions.

---

MLT-D1082 (toner chip to be used with ML-1640 and other models)

NOTICE: Samsung is providing again firmware for upgrade on their site.
The new firmware file is identified with the old name (V1.01.00.83) but
it actually contains new firmware (V.29.00.93). With this firmware, dated
23 Nov 2009, there is no point in buying our chip, or similar chips sold
by other Companies.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aban (12/3/09 12:55 AM) reply + / -
Hi guys,I saw and read all comments specially thanks from dear Manka for guidance but I don`t understand that should we apply to short circuiting between the pins 1 & 4 on 93c66 for a time or continuously it must be shorted ? And other question,is this 93c66 on the mainboard or is on the reseter kit which we must buy it ?
Thanks alot.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aban (12/3/09 12:57 AM) reply + / -
Hi guys,I saw and read all comments specially thanks from dear Manka for guidance but I don`t understand that should we apply to short circuiting between the pins 1 & 4 on 93c66 for a time or continuously it must be shorted ? And other question,is this 93c66 on the mainboard or is on the reseter kit which we must buy it ?
Thanks alot.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (12/3/09 1:35 AM) reply + / -
Hello dear Manka,first let me introduce myself.
I`m Nasser (mr) from Iran and am business mashines technision specially printers and faxes each model.I`ld like to have your e-mail address to send and receive mail.
Now I`ve a question about those informations that you mentioned for Samsung 1640 such as firmware version and a photo that shows which 2 pins must be short circuited but I wanna know that short circuited is enough to reset page count of cartridge or firmware version is necessary ?
Pls e-mail me your full answer,thank you very much and have nice time.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (12/3/09 2:05 AM) reply + / -
milonga this chip not work for ml 1640 because i have first cartrade who have no chip it is with fuse
thanks in advance

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (12/3/09 9:53 AM) reply + / -
milonga this chip not work for ml 1640 because i have first cartrade who have no chip it is with fuse
i have currently 1.01.00.93 firmware dated 11-23-2009
engine version 1.10.50
thanks in advance

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by jhkuo (12/5/09 2:47 PM) reply + / -
daemon_fr's suggestion seems to be quite good. I tried it in XP running in Parallels on Mac OS X, it successfully downgraded the firmeware from 1.29.00.84 to 1.01.00.66 and resetted the count to 0.

With this in mind, is it necessary to short the pins any more?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (12/6/09 11:55 PM) reply + / -
Any body have this firmware ML1640_V1010077.fls
please help I need it

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (12/8/09 9:46 PM) reply + / -
hi lindows i cant solve this problem yet

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (12/9/09 8:47 AM) reply + / -
Hi Prafful

please send that file on my mail
tanx

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aban (12/9/09 2:14 PM) reply + / -
Hi,I did all suggestions like shorting pins 1 & 4 and downloaded firmware v1.01.00.60 but still have problem and page count doesn`t reset and toner light is blinking. Tell me what I have to do ? And how can I replace firmware from the pc to the prnter ?
Thanks alot.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aban (12/9/09 2:18 PM) reply + / -
Hi,I did all suggestions like shorting pins 1 & 4 and downloaded firmware v1.01.00.60 but still have problem and page count doesn`t reset and toner light is blinking. Tell me what I have to do ? And how can I replace firmware from the pc to the prnter ?
Thanks alot.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aban (12/9/09 2:19 PM) reply + / -
Thanks alot.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (12/10/09 5:55 AM) reply + / -
thanks in advance

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (12/10/09 5:59 AM) reply + / -
i dont know why you want this firmware ML1640_V1010077.fls can you please tell me i have 60 & 80 no firmware if it is useful for you i can send it to you

i cant downgrade it if you know anything plea tell me

thanks in advance

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (edited 12/12/09 5:15 AM) reply + / -
Hi
by this firmware(77) and upper when conected 1& 4 pin on
mianbord this printer not working
but by downgreading to this vorsion and lower printer work

a have 69 and 83 now I want 77 ( lastet firmware work by shortcut 1&4 )

do you konw a program can save firmware save to pc ?

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aban (12/13/09 9:38 AM) reply + / -
Hello,you must download firmware version that you want from the internet ( usually it`s as ziped file ) to each driver then unzip it to other driver and copy paste ( or drog and drop )unziped file to usb exe file which came with that zip file then connect the usb cable to pc and turn the printer on.I did this process but didn`t success to reset page count also the printer didn`t print and green light was blinking continuously without printing even I coonected the pins 1 & 4
Who can help me please to reset page counting ?

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (12/13/09 1:31 PM) reply + / -
Hi, would appreciate having the reset software mailed to info@audiostarter.com.

Thx
//R

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Ricki (12/13/09 1:33 PM) reply + / -
where can I find a older firmware? Have tried finding and older version but can't seam to find one. Any tips or links?

would highly appreciate it!

//Ricki

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aban (12/13/09 8:59 PM) reply + / -
Dear Ricki,I`ll mail u older version v1.01.00.60 just mail me to know your e-mail address.

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (12/14/09 1:11 AM) reply + / -
Hey, thx, appreciate it.

info@audiostarter.com.
You can mail me there. Thx
//Ricki

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Tiza (12/14/09 1:33 AM) reply + / -
can any one mail me downgrade firmware 1.01.00.60 to my email ID t.iza2009@live.com

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (12/17/09 5:16 AM) reply + / -
dear raiden,
yr given link helped me alot fixing the updated model of Samsung Ml-1640, manufactured in 2009 date.

no doubt some angel gave a link before for down series of Ml-1640, that also helped me alot in fixing such problems...

anyways, thanks alot for helping in an open way..
keep it up...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by navid (12/18/09 2:41 AM) reply + / -
you have 3way to use:
1. if your device print 2100 pages you can short circuit the 1&4 pin in 93c66 ic -formatter board that when you on or off your printer the counter will reset and you can use.

2.in second way you can bye the chipset that automatically reset the counter but you must pay money

3.you can upgrade the firmware of your printer but this way perhaps work 2 or 3 . after that you must buy new cartridge.

for more info you can mail: info@yourhp.ir

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by bostiao (12/18/09 10:15 AM) reply + / -
My paper got stuck. I pulled it out. Since then the electric indicator flickers adn nothing happens. The computer does not recognise the printer.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by jodank (12/18/09 3:49 PM) reply + / -
Ok, so, what exactly is happening if shorten the pin 1 and pin 4 on the eeprom 93c66?

The chip are not declared to enable or disable the serial communication and so all activities are rejected on
pin 2
pin 3
pin 4
no data float is possible until the pin 1 is not set to a high state and until there are no clock signal.

This means the chip is not connected and a hardware failure should go up. If no error's are detectable then it mean's you can remove the chip and the printer should work to and is all the time like with a new toner.

I think about the possibility of deleting the entry of the chip by this method but I never try that. This is in operation conflict to, because if no clock then the chip can not work, technically the chip is dead.

Have somebody the original content of that mysterious 93c66?

Maybe there is some data in and I can write some software for cracking that data.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by drssg (12/19/09 5:52 AM) reply + / -
tank u for resetting bios

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by leisha11 (12/22/09 1:59 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem: I've upgraded to V.29.00.93 and I don't know how to downgrade FW. Does anybody know?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (12/23/09 6:56 AM) reply + / -
Hi
any body know a software to read firmware from
printer and save in PC ?
i need it

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by aban (12/24/09 1:16 AM) reply + / -
Lindows,u don`t need a software if u wanna downgrade firmware.Just drog zipped file ( old version of firmware that u downloaded ) to usb2 which has received with zip file and after short pins 1 & 4 connect the printer to the pc and let it install old firmware without the printer cd driver.
Good luck

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by milansarkar (12/24/09 3:37 AM) reply + / -
Please provide me the page reset software for samsung 1640

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Bane (12/24/09 4:38 AM) reply + / -
Can any one mail me downgrade firmware 1.01.00.60 to my email banedown@hotmail.com.
One question about new firmware (ver.1.xx.00.83), 2009-11-27 uploaded on samsung download page. What is the difference with new firmware? Anyone tried that new one?

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (12/25/09 11:02 PM) reply + / -
can you explain how the chip shot circute

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (12/27/09 11:06 PM) reply + / -
i want this firmware "ML1640_V1010077.fls " or 78
and i did not find it in internet

do you have this virsion ?

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by hupi (12/28/09 9:19 AM) reply + / -
It isn!t enough if you downgrade your firmware?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by hupi (12/28/09 9:21 AM) reply + / -
There is a patched firmware:

http://blog.sahat-tambunan.com

Anyone did try this?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 - New Toner by roman123 (12/30/09 4:17 AM) reply + / -
If you want to use a new toner cartridge... stick a piece of celotape across the microchip and bobs your uncle - it imitates the starter cartridge! Its all working fine.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 - New Toner by Tarantula (12/30/09 10:59 AM) reply + / -
I confused very much:(

So what should I do, if I want to use a refilled toner?

Can I reset counter only with software? There is a lot of "patched" firmware, but which is the best? PLEASE HELP ME, and tell an understandable tutorial:D THANK YOU!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (12/30/09 1:42 PM) reply + / -
The russian original link of sofware reset program for 1640/2240 series here: http://www.startcopy.ru/repair/files/sams48xx.htm
In original link you may find fix for 93 versions.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ship (12/31/09 2:55 AM) reply + / -
Good!:) Thank you, but I can't understand russian text:( Can you explain which archive should I use, and how use that content?

I try to use google translate, but it's too risky:)

THX!

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/2/10 3:57 AM) reply + / -
1.01.00.93 frmware reset programıng send me pls

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/2/10 5:31 AM) reply + / -
OS Version: 1.29.00.84 (05-13-2009)
Engine Version: 1.00.50

Can I use software reset, and if it works which version should I use?

Thanks!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/2/10 8:53 PM) reply + / -
how long it need to take to upgrade or reset firmware??

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by dolummerkezi (1/3/10 4:36 AM) reply + / -
samsung ml1640 93 version fix93 search help me

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/3/10 7:01 AM) reply + / -
Hi Jack 71

Many Many thanks jack, your sujection 100 %currect
my samsung printer solve
but permante solvtation?

againe Thanks

Raju Rajput
rajurajputpi@gmail.com
India

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by abdulsaboor30 (1/3/10 10:08 AM) reply + / -
Thanks mamaremere,,, u do well job....

I am very thankful to you for this great post...

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by drssg (1/3/10 10:21 AM) reply + / -
thank u all

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Jeeest (1/7/10 3:18 AM) reply + / -
I upgraded once to firmware 1.29.00.93. Now I'd like to downgrade. However, downgrading (I am dragging and dropping the flash file on the executable one) just won't work (I tried several versions). I don't get any errors, but the firmware version on status printout doesn't change. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/7/10 8:56 AM) reply + / -
Jeeest
i have also same problem
i am change the cartradge with new one & problem is solved

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by melted (1/7/10 6:21 PM) reply + / -
Looks like someone with an ML 1640 with the .93 firmware has successfully installed the patched firmware:- http://blog.sahat-tambunan.com

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by muschhangte (1/8/10 4:26 AM) reply + / -
Hi,
I have done as you instructed and can use the refilled toner cartridge for a while. But after say about 2100 pages, the same problems occured again. It says 'toner exhausted, replace printer'. How do i use the same toner to be able to refill atleast twice or thrice.
Thanks in advance

Samsung ML 1640 by jeeest (1/8/10 8:06 AM) reply + / -
Thanks melted. I performed the trick of 'ooppoo' on http://blog.sahat-tambunan.com. I performed this with my ML-1640 v1.29.00.93. Now “toner remaining” is from 100% back to 0%. The total page count remains the same. Cartridge capacity from 0.7K to 1.5K and dot/opc count back to zero (don’t know what that is).

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by drssg (1/9/10 6:58 AM) reply + / -
Thank you all for ur support

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by jeeest (1/10/10 3:07 PM) reply + / -
“toner remaining” obviously went up from 1% or so to 100%, not the other way around.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by bojoy (1/10/10 4:33 PM) reply + / -
thanks for the solutions here. it worked on my printer regardless of downgrade. now i can use ml1610 cartridge for my ml1640 printer. and the counter resets automatically to 0% when i turn-off/turn-on my printer.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by drssg (1/11/10 7:47 AM) reply + / -
thank u very much for infomation

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by toschi (1/13/10 12:06 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem as toodstool. Tried to update the printer, and now it just blinks orange for a sec when turning on and the toner light is red. Tried to press the orange button when turning on the printer, but all that happens is that the light flashes green-red. Printer is not recognized by the computer and I can not repeat the firmware update.

Does anybody have an idea what I could try to do?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by drssg (1/13/10 5:11 AM) reply + / -
pull out the cartridge before flashing

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/13/10 9:24 PM) reply + / -
hi how can i get the firmware version from older to latest...thanks

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by bojoy (1/14/10 8:50 PM) reply + / -
can anyone send me firmware 77 or 78. i mistakenly downgraded my firmware, because i thought the software solution fixes the counter, it does but it also downgraded my firmware. now my printer jams frequently. i can't print without being jammed in a certain page. unlike when i was using firmware 77, i can print 200 pages straight.

my email. tracerzero@yahoo.com

thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by toner (1/17/10 9:11 PM) reply + / -
hola^^. http://impresorastoner.blogspot.com/

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/19/10 6:19 PM) reply + / -
I did this to my ML-1640 and it worked fine.

Before you got the usual report after the printer stopped at 2100 pages.

os version: 1.01.00.84 05-13-2009
engine version:1.00.50
usb s/n: 0000-00000000000
service date: YYYYMMDD
toner page count/toner remaining/toner status: Not Support/Support/Support
(initial toner page count: Support)
supplier: Invalid Toner

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you can call me at 9893623205 or email me at pawan_h2005@rediffmail.com

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by cdinz (edited 1/21/10 4:52 AM) reply + / -
Thanks a lot daemon_fr worked perfectly on my 1640. Hats off to you. No need to short pins anymore. Jus firmware downgrade to .66 is enough.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/21/10 3:38 PM) reply + / -
hello there...i have a newer version of samsung ml1640...i've tried to short pin 1&4 of 9366..duh...nothing happens except red light came out...

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (1/22/10 2:25 AM) reply + / -
i have a samsung ml-1640 printer wont print after cartilage refill and redlight is persisitent. what do i do?
francismuch

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (1/22/10 9:42 AM) reply + / -
http://www.praffulthakare.blogspot.com/ try this link for reset software

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Doom (1/23/10 7:59 AM) reply + / -
Hi, as first my 1640 blocked at 2100 prints and I upgraded my 1640 to latest firmware from samsung.com website (my mistake), now I've tried everything but:
1) I always get red light and not working printer and 2) I've tried several times downgrading, keeping pressed the button until blinking etc but nothing. Do I need to replace the chip 93c66? Thank you I'm blocked and the cartridge is full (just refilled)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (1/23/10 10:05 PM) reply + / -
http://www.praffulthakare.blogspot.com/ try this link for reset your latest firmware

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Doom (1/24/10 9:52 AM) reply + / -
Thank you prafful but bad news, always red light. I'm using starter cartridge, I'm keeping pins shortened, I've tried lots of times, starting printer while button pressed, then updating, then reinstalling the driver but nothing, I always get the msn not valid black toner cartridge. Suggestion?Changing the chip with a new one?I've also put tape on the contacts of the cartridge but nothing

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (1/25/10 5:42 AM) reply + / -
tell me firmware virsion

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (1/25/10 5:46 AM) reply + / -
tell me firmware virsion

Samsung CLP 315 by aban (1/25/10 6:00 AM) reply + / -
Hi,I want to reset chipset from the mainboard.Who knows how is it ? Please help me. Thanks

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ooppoo (1/25/10 6:10 AM) reply + / -
@doom:

Please read this and all of the comments! :

And read the red comment and do what I wrote down there. That's all, and you can use the latest firmware which works all of ML-1640. If something goes wrong you can take the 6 steps procedure which I wrote down among the comments too.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by vuelva (1/27/10 5:21 AM) reply + / -
Nice tutorial: http://www.taringa.net

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by annoymous (1/30/10 8:52 PM) reply + / -
I tried printing and there was a LSU error. The paper is fed in less than half way and it halts. There is no way i can print. Anyone got solutions?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Doom (1/31/10 3:30 AM) reply + / -
@praffull @ooppoo @everyone_who_mistakenly_upgraded_to_0.93 Thank to evrybody, problem solved, but just 1 solution worked for me, I made the mistake to upgrade to last firmware from samsung website as I blocked at 2100 prints. All other solutions left firmware ver to 0.93!!! (Careful: they -samsung- say 0.83 but it installs 0.93) I just cut out the 93c66 chip and put over it a new one, updated with OLD firmware (0.66) and OK. Latest official 93 firmware could not be removed from my old 93c66 chip!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by muschhangte (2/2/10 8:51 PM) reply + / -
how do you reset the fw. I have download the resetter, but i could not find the usbprns.exe file in my pc, pl help

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by nakshatraryp (2/5/10 1:22 AM) reply + / -
We have Reset solution for

Samsung -Scx-4300/ 4824fn/ 4828fn
ML- 2240,ML 2245, ML 1640. CLP 310/ 315,
Xerox Phaser 3100
Canon MP145 PM210/215
Epson T10/T11 TX100/105/200 R230
www.nakshatraworld.com

mob: 9713862555, 9893282285

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (2/7/10 8:24 AM) reply + / -
Hello toodstool
I have the same problem with ML2240. tried to reset page counter
BUT failed. Printer's Toner Led ON and PC does not find the printer as result can not try any other firmware.
How you over come it? can share the technic. Thanks - Tareque

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ooppoo (2/10/10 5:31 AM) reply + / -
Please read this page: http://blog.sahat-tambunan.com

And read the two RED COMMENT! I wrote the solution of the not recognized printer!!!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by VRDO (2/14/10 9:38 AM) reply + / -
Hi
i have a Ml-1640 printer and I've a question "If I pick the chip, will the printer go on workin?"

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Ricki_l (2/14/10 11:12 AM) reply + / -
I think earlier in the thread there was a guy who mentioned he could fix a resetting software. I got one from him and it works fine. First had 0,7k pages and now I have 0 out of 1,5k. Works like a charm :)

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (2/19/10 3:11 AM) reply + / -
Hi Mamaremere.
Can you email me the firmware downgrade for the ML-1640.
Thanks.
Kelvin

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (2/19/10 1:15 PM) reply + / -
the SM
http://uploading.com/files/d6a995c5/Samsung%2BML-1640.zip/

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (2/26/10 1:43 AM) reply + / -
sandy

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/4/10 11:25 PM) reply + / -
HI,

For 1640 printer is required to change new chips, the metalic cylinder actually is the starter kit for the printer that you purchase. So can't be refill. You need to buy new toner then you shall able to see right hand side there's a chip holder then only you can do refill on the cartridge which have the chip cap holder. However, current market the new chip for this model is yet stable.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 2245 by Anonymous (3/13/10 11:07 PM) reply + / -
Steve

Can u send me ML 2245 firmware , i need to reset my ML 2245 printer

Thanks
Kishore

Samsung ML 2245 by Sameer Talekar (3/14/10 8:09 AM) reply + / -
Please Send me the Solution for resetting the counter for Samsung ML 2245

Re: Samsung ML 25 by kishoreapmco (3/14/10 8:14 AM) reply + / -
I have one Ml 2245 printer can some one help to firmware upgrade software and count rest software

Re: Samsung ML 2245 by kishoreapmco (3/14/10 8:30 AM) reply + / -
Hai Everbody

Can you helpme some one to resetting the counter for samsung ML 2245 and ML 2245 Firmware

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (3/17/10 5:42 AM) reply + / -
Here is the patch. Use google translate if it is need.
http://www.testcopy.ru

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by cpk (3/28/10 10:28 AM) reply + / -
i upgrade the firmware of my ml 2240 printer but, i made a mistake, i turn off the printer before the upgrade finished.
now when i tutn on my printer the led is flashing quikcly red to green. what i can do? please helpme.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 continue by cpk (3/28/10 10:34 AM) reply + / -
.. the trouble is that the ml 2240 printer is not reconigzed by the pc, its like all the printer board memory has been deleted.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by itsadminpande (3/31/10 1:03 AM) reply + / -
dear manka,

please note the Russian web site you had given link has done wonders for me. i had a samsung 1.01.00.91 printer. what i did was follow there instruction and and upgraded my firm ware to 1.01.00.93 but it wont clear your problem but they have provided a fix batch which would create a fix for your machine which has upgraded to version-1.01.00.93 and they you need to update this fix file i.e fls file to you system which would clear your problems. i dont know if i am clear or not but if you try the link below i think your problem will be solved.http://www.startcopy.net/notes/sams_1640_new.shtml

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (4/4/10 5:08 PM) reply-1 + / -
Thanks to manka for suggesting the 'disconnect the connector labeled CN5 on the board and short out connector CN9'. It worked a treat!

I've got a Dec 2009 manufactured ML1640 with 1.29.00.93 firmware (as standard) and none of the software fixes or shorting pins 1 & 4 would work after 2100 pages using a re-manufactured toner.

So I taped over the toners chip, disconnected CN5 and shorted CN9 while the printer was switched on. Then switched printer off, reconnected CN5 & CN9 and the printer now reports 1.5k & 100% capacity - there ending days of frustration! Guess will have to do it again in 1.5k pages time but it only takes 2 mins. Hope this helps those with the newer versions of this printer... Matt

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (4/7/10 7:26 AM) reply + / -
I used the fix that melted gave and it worked perfectly thanks to oopoo and melted.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (4/10/10 5:43 AM) reply + / -
Thank you a lot of. My printer work good now :)

Now printer shows that only 3 pages.
Just only you reach ~2000 pages reset it :)

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Ahmed123 (4/12/10 12:01 AM) reply + / -
HI
I will appreciate if you can please let me know if you have any solution for Samsung new model ML 1660 as we are resellers n we get so many frustrated customers.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by freddie pantaleon (4/14/10 8:47 PM) reply + / -
hi to all pls help me with my printer, i short circuit the pins 1 & 4 but still not working with my printer ML1640, i cannot print my docs....
plsssss someone help me for this matter

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (4/17/10 2:26 AM) reply + / -
http://translate.google.com

Re: Samsung ML 2240 by LouArnold (edited 4/20/10 8:29 PM) reply + / -
Withdrawn. Many thanks.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by elcoboy (4/22/10 1:01 PM) reply + / -
hello i have a samsung ml 1640
os 1.29.00.78 09-30-2008
engine version 1.00.49
spl version 5.07 06-27-2006

my question is now how to reset the printer,do i have to do it by sorting the eeprom or by a software upgrade and if so which one

please help the kids are killing me because i cannot print now anymore

thanks in advance

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mkashifrazzaq (edited 4/23/10 4:14 AM) reply + / -
my samsung ml1640 toner after refilling the print quality is very poor.
and what i will do for good print quality

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by LouArnold (4/23/10 1:03 PM) reply + / -
Reset procedures supposedly vary according to the age of the printer firmware. "os 1.29.00.78" is too recent for using the pin shorting method. Try the following:
Please read this page: http://blog.sahat-tambunan.com
And read the two RED COMMENTs!

Things are also supposedly different if you are trying to reset the original cartridge vs a replacement cartridge. You need to read the many posts associated with this problem, but its worth it.
Try a search in the Laser forum for "ml 1640".

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mkashifrazzaq (4/24/10 1:50 AM) reply + / -
my samsung ml1640 toner after refilling the print quality is very poor.
and what i will do for good print quality

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Siong Yee (4/24/10 8:38 AM) reply + / -
Hi. Thanks for your info about the CN5 and CN9. However, I have no clue what or where these pins are. Could you please be kind enough to provide a photo of where they are? Everyone seems to be saying "disconnect CN5 and short CN9". How do you do that? Please help?!!
Thanks a ton.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by vaga (4/29/10 4:02 AM) reply + / -
hey... i have just finished the process of short-circuiting the pins 1 and 4 on the 93c66 chip, the page count has become zero. But the printer continued with message toner exhausted. Then changed the firmware to OS Version 1.01.00.60 from the earlier 1.01.00.78 as suggested but alas the printer refuses to work giving the samemessage toner exhausted. Now can any one help me please........

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by dsabotkoski (5/2/10 5:57 PM) reply + / -
Hi Guys,

I am reading through these forums, and love the info everyone is supplying.

I just purchased my ML-1640 off eBay as a refurbished unit, and it cost me no more than $26, from the report I received this unit had no issues, just poor user error and was returned with no faults.

I have been using it without fail, but its time to do a firmware update and refill the toner.

I need to ask for help, does anybody have detailed instructions on how to refill the Samsun ML-1640 toner?

I have gone through the forum and with my low attention to detail I can not locate any detailed instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

- D.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by philly5706 (5/2/10 8:58 PM) reply + / -
Try Google

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by dsabotkoski (5/2/10 9:23 PM) reply + / -
Hi philly5706 I've googled my a$$ off..

I'm not he type of guy who wants the quick answer. I do my research and study stuff until i can perfect it.

I just cant seem to find anything that gives specifics.

There are so many different variations of what to do, and so many people complaining that all the methods dont work.

I'm looking for the actuall method that works, I cant destinguish between tried methods that work and those that are a waste of time.

Do you downgrade firmware?
Do up upgrade firmware?
What firmware do I use?
Does specific manufacturing years work with firmware changes? with refills or not?
Do I remove the reset chip?
Do I add the reset chip?
Do I short pins 1 & 2?
Do I short pins 3 & 4?
Do I use my original toner cartridge?
Do I buy a new toner cartridge?
Do I put sticky tape over the chip?
Do I use the cartridge from a different model Samsung, because it holds more toner?
Does the original toner give me more prints? Or do I need to buy a new toner that can hold more to refill and get a greater yield?
Do I need to buy a specific toner refill to work in the samsung or cab I need to buy a generic toner?
Do I keep refilling the original toner cartridge or will i need to purchase a new one after a few refills?

Sorry but there are alot of questions and no real answers, and no real direction to how to do this.

Sure it seems people have gotten it to work, and seem satisfied.

I myself havent started because I am not sure what direction to take.

Im not too fussed about the printer as it only cost me $26 but if im going to do something I want to do it the correct way, and at the moment I have no idea what the correct way is.

I picked the Samsung ML-1640 because it was cheap and everyone seemed happy with it, I just need it for quick black and white prints. Nothing spectacular, just nice neat fuss free printing.

So anybody who has some decent answers / instructions I will be forever thankful to.

- D.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/6/10 6:43 AM) reply + / -
helllo im salman khan 4mpakistan i have samsung ml-2850 plz any salution of reset paper counter in manboard eeprom.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/6/10 6:53 AM) reply + / -
helllo im salman khan 4mpakistan i have samsung ml-2850 plz any salution of reset paper counter in manboard eeprom.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/6/10 7:01 AM) reply + / -

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/6/10 7:08 AM) reply + / -

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/6/10 9:11 AM) reply + / -
what is price of samsung ML 1640 printer toner and drumset

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (5/6/10 10:17 AM) reply + / -
you want to buy a reset chip it is available in market

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/7/10 1:13 AM) reply + / -
Hi dsabotkoski

If time is a matter for me, I'd go for a new cartridge that will solve the problem instantly without pulling the hair..

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/7/10 1:40 AM) reply + / -
Trial and error is a way to solve the problem.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/19/10 1:24 AM) reply + / -
I got the ML1640 printer with latest firmware & the pins 1 & 4 didnt work but found on another site saying should connect legs 3 & 4 (from the bottom - so the 2 legs closest to the big processor) - and it worked :)
thought ill let know incase sum1 has same issue

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by elco boy (5/24/10 1:54 AM) reply + / -
hello anonymous ,my question is did you shortly connect those pins 3 and 4 while the printer was on or off, or did you put a wire constantly over those pins like forever

greets steven

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by dsabotkoski (5/24/10 3:36 PM) reply + / -
Flashed my firmware last night, finally figured out what the best option to overcome the refill problem.

My question is, do I need to re-flash the firmware every single time I have to refill the toner?

Or can I just keep refilling?

Cheers,

D.

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/28/10 3:23 AM) reply + / -
hello to all after i shorted pin 1- 4 it shows me the error
Invalied black toner cartridge

plz help me with solution
u can also mail me at rakim@in.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/28/10 5:46 AM) reply + / -
SAMSUNG NL-1640 I have shorted pins 1 & 4 on 93c66 chip but the refiled toner is not accepted, I get an error msg of Invalid Toner. Using Introductory cartridge. Help resolve this prob.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Anonymous (5/28/10 5:48 AM) reply + / -
SAMSUNG NL-1640 I have shorted pins 1 & 4 on 93c66 chip but the refiled toner is not accepted, I get an error msg of Invalid Toner. Using Introductory cartridge. Help resolve this prob.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ABMPILLAI (5/30/10 11:10 PM) reply + / -
we have win2003 server with winxp workstations. Billing accounting software is installed @ server, thro workstations receipt will be printer at local printer.

HP1020, HP1010 are printing the receipt clearly.

Samsung ML-1640 prints partilally boxed characters. Other documents, windows test page are printed well.

Please let me know the solution

PILLAI

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by gs_mehar@rediffmail. (5/30/10 11:22 PM) reply + / -
after refiling cartridge is not accept printer

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by xicollow (6/2/10 8:48 AM) reply + / -
hello,
I tried to reset by soldering the wires on the machine and not resolved. handcuff me know give some hint?

Print quality is low after refilling toner by Anonymous (6/2/10 8:51 AM) reply + / -
The print quality is low as I refilling tonner of my printer Samsung ML-1640. The smartpanel shows 'the toner is low'. The printer's red light blinks continuously. How Can I increase printing quality? Please help me.

Samsung ML-1640 printer toner problem by ananta (6/2/10 8:55 AM) reply + / -
The print quality is low as I refilling tonner of my printer Samsung ML-1640. The smartpanel shows 'the toner is low'. The printer's red light blinks continuously. How Can I increase printing quality? Please help me

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by dipsomania (6/5/10 2:07 AM) reply + / -
Samsung ml 1640 printer driver download link
http://www.all-driver.com

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by gs rawat (6/18/10 12:42 AM) reply + / -
hi mr. praful
pl. let me know which is pin no. 1 and which side
thanks
gs rawat

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by prafful (6/18/10 9:37 AM) reply + / -
send me your mail id i will send logic board photo with showing pin to be short
send your mail id to praffulthakare@gmail.com

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by brabusmerc (6/20/10 2:35 AM) reply + / -
I have the same problem. Is there a fix for this? The rubber feed mechanism looks/feels fine?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by sarkav (6/21/10 7:34 AM) reply + / -
My ML 1640, cartidge was used up fully. I refilled it. But it would not work. It also installed the software to change it to ML 1610. But always the red light is on. I won't work. Pl help me

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Rafiqul Islam (6/23/10 3:37 AM) reply + / -
I already short the pins 1 & 4 and got an excellent result but one thing, the printer became too much hot. I saw smoke when the printed paper is going out. What's the solution to cool the printer ? I turned on it only just for 2 minutes.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Rafiqul Islam (6/23/10 5:26 AM) reply + / -
I already short the pins 1 & 4 and got an excellent result but one thing, the printer became too much hot. I saw smoke when the printed paper is going out. What's the solution to cool the printer ? I turned on it only just for 2 minutes.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by rajeshrobin (6/25/10 1:26 AM) reply + / -
''MY SAMSUNG ML 1640 it is printing ALL BLACK row solve problem''

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by craner95 (edited 7/3/10 10:08 AM) reply + / -
My version says 3.04.52.02. Will I be able to refill original cartridge and reset printer by shorting pins 1-4? Thanks

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by HolaAz (7/5/10 10:15 AM) reply + / -
Hello Guy:

I have Samsung ml-2240 (without ship) ,i tried to restore the firmware but i use wrong version,now my printer didnt work any more, all I need guys the latest firmware for my printer and the instruction to fix it,Plz guys ,cause I cannt offer to buy new printer
thank you all

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by philly5706 (7/5/10 3:29 PM) reply + / -
This is what happens when non professionals try to do the work of professionals. I bet you're sorry now.

Re: Samsung ML 1910/ml-1915/scx4600 by lats1973 (7/5/10 11:00 PM) reply + / -
If some one can help me to reset ml1910 ml1915, scx4600 i will thankyou

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by vnmehta (7/10/10 4:01 AM) reply + / -
IF YOU WANTS TO RESET YOUR SAMSUNG 1640
ANY DATE OF PRINTER
PLEASE CONTECT ME MO : 9426203070

VISHAL MEHTA

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by mrafiq65bd (7/11/10 8:16 PM) reply + / -
If anyone need to reset the memory for ML 1640, Pls contact me

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by toggy (7/14/10 8:18 AM) reply + / -
I had successfully reset 3 1640's. But I am not able to downgrade the s/w for o/s version 1.15. Pl help

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Domela (7/14/10 10:37 AM) reply + / -
Guys,,,wht about Ml-2240
anyone can reset it???

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by photo recovery (7/15/10 6:09 AM) reply + / -
My question is that how to reset the printer, do i have to do it by categorization by software upgrade and there is any other way.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ShinmaZaraki (edited 7/15/10 11:28 PM) reply + / -
Recently i had to reset one such printer and had to search like crazy on the net...well here`s what i found and also intructions , it should work on any ML1640. Hope it helps...

First download the archive from:

http://download823.mediafire.com

For ML1640 :

First check what firmware version does your printer have installed ex:

V1010060
V1010066
V1010070
V1010077
V1010083
V1010084

There are 2 possible situations:

a)If you have a version inferior to xxxxx84 ex: 60->83
then you simpy have to flash the FIX_ML1640_V1010083.fls
b)If you have a version superior to xxxxx83 ex: 84->xx (now 84 seems to be the latest...)
you have to downgrade to firmware xxxxx60 first then you have to use the application to update it to
vers xxxxx83 and finally update with FIX_ML1640_V1010083.fls

Now the practical stuff

a)
1.get your printer ON and installed on a pc - make sure you have only ONE printer connected
2.simply double click downl1640.bat that can be found in
" ML1640 V83 FIX FIRMWARE " folder
3.you should get a amber light on the printer
4.leave the printer alone for like 4-5 minutes to make sure the update is over
(or untill the green led lights up) after that turn off and back on the printer
5. now all should be OK ..check with a test page to see the counters

b)
1.get your printer ON and installed on a pc - make sure you have only ONE printer connected
2.go to " ML1640 V60 FIRMWARE " folder
3.drag and drop " ML1640_V1010060.fls " over " usbprns2 "
4.you should get a amber light on the printer (solid or blinking)
5.leave the printer alone for like 4-5 minutes to make sure the update is over
6.go to " ML1640 V83 FIX FIRMWARE " and doubleclick " ML-1640_V1.01.00.83 "
7.you`ll see one thing connected to the usb port...
8.click update and repeat points 4. and 5.
9.now you should have ver xxxxx83 installed
10.simply double click downl1640.bat that can be found in
" ML1640 V83 FIX FIRMWARE " folder
11.now all should be OK ..check with a test page to see the counters

For ML2240

2.simply double click downl2240.bat that can be found in
" ML2240 V83 FIX " folder
3.leave the printer alone for like 4-5 minutes to make sure the update is over
4. now all should be OK ..check with a test page to see the counters

Finall WARNING...i noticed when you install the printer, the driver cd automatically goes online to update the firmware
!!! DO NOT CONNECT YOUR PC TO THE INTERNET WHEN YOU INSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVER !!!
-OR IT MIGHT OVERWRITE THE FIXED VERSION-

edit: i forgot to mention that strapping pins 1 and 4 did not work and if you permanently connect them the printer will be unable to print from usb (it won`t be recognised by the pc )
if you follow what i said above you don`t need to oppen the printer and thus void your warranty (as you can allways put the original xxxxx83 version back)

last edit: to see what firmware version you have on run ML-1640_V1.01.00.83.exe from the ML1640 V83 FIX FIRMWARE folder.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by sramkisna (7/16/10 9:06 AM) reply + / -
My amsung ML 1640 power light is blinking and plug and play device is not found in my computer can any one give sol

tq

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by rahiman (7/23/10 5:26 AM) reply + / -
cartridge error

red button blingking

i change the cartridge but same error is there

please give the solution

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Stephan.H (7/30/10 1:20 AM) reply + / -
Hello there,

unfortunately i have to send in my printer to Samsung. Therefore i need the actual and ORIGINAL Firmware: ML1640_V1010083

Can ANYBODY help me? Pls. send me the firmware via email to Stephan.H@freenet.de

THANKS A LOT

Impresora Samsung ML 1610 con luz roja de on-line/ by gaston9093 (8/4/10 12:20 PM) reply + / -
Estimados colegas tengo un problema con una impresora Samsung ML 1610 que es lo siguiente la Luz de error/on lineesta encendida en rojo.-

Ya me a pasado con la samsung ML 1640 pero ya se como solucionarlo el tema es que esta es una 1610 porlo tanto el firware de la 1640 es distinto.-

Mi pregunta es la siguiente alguien tiene el Firmware de la 1610 ???

Muchas Gracias.-

Gaston

Re: Samsung CLP 315 by sahan (8/13/10 12:48 AM) reply + / -
I saw the way of reset samsung ml 1640 chip... i tried it n it work.. now i had a problem with my new samsung clp 315 printer.. can it also reset... please tell me the steps... if anyone know.. i'm relay need that soon...

My mail : evolution2653g@yahoo.com

Samsung ML 1640 by fatsie (8/19/10 6:17 AM) reply + / -
I upgraded my printer to firmware version "ML1640_V1010093" and my priner ask "invalid toner" ,I try to downgrade to inferior version but red light is flashing for ever ,please help.
thank you

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by l_m_c (8/27/10 5:19 PM) reply + / -
I installed a chip resetter inside my ml-1640. It works perfect but today the driver app offered me to install the new firmware v1.01.00.95 claiming "Printer Performance Improvement".

Is it safe to install the new firmware using a chip resetter?

Thanks

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by vafa (8/29/10 2:44 PM) reply + / -
If some one can help me to reset ml1910 ml1915, scx4600 i will thankyou

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by SweetMadnesS (9/5/10 8:10 PM) reply + / -
guys u wont believe this but , technology is so ironic sometimes LOL ,after u try all of this , if you're not having papers inside the printer , the RED LIGHT <<<< the damn >>>> will always be RED , after you do all the instructions up , don't forget to put papers and if everything is ok , i swear the GREEN light will work again , and if the above advices didn't work , try this page : )

good luck all

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by farhan (9/18/10 12:13 AM) reply + / -
my samsung ML 1640 printer display a message as "COVER PROBLEM" when I give the print command but all printer covers are packed carefully,all front cover and other cover placed carefully but still it gives the same message as "COVER PROBLEM" each time.Now I have frustrated.what I do to solve this problem??please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by chaino (9/22/10 1:37 AM) reply + / -
Hey my client has updated their firmware to ML1640_V1010096 and none of the firmware fixes are working as the printer just keeps flickering red/green even if I hold down the on button for three secs. I think this printer has been blocked now. Can anyone help?

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by vnmehta (9/23/10 12:12 AM) reply + / -
i solve your prob. contect me on 09426203070

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by siyoucef (9/23/10 5:04 AM) reply + / -
Please send me how to flash the printer samsung ML1640
Best regards
Thanks

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by vnmehta (9/23/10 9:54 PM) reply + / -
dear sir,
if you wants to solve your problem pls contect me on my cell.
91 9426203070

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by chris1640 (10/9/10 7:01 AM) reply + / -
Hey, I have got the recent firmware (V1010096) and none of the firmware fixes are working as the printer just keeps flickering red/green even if I hold down the on button for three secs.
Has someone a solution for the problem? How can I downgrade to an older firmware version?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by philly5706 (10/9/10 12:10 PM) reply + / -
You can't.

Samsung ML 1640 by balajigopi2000 (10/11/10 2:43 AM) reply + / -
i will also used a samsung ml1640 printer. i'll refile the tones after it is not work. one person toled it was not working on refill catrage. send me some sugg..
GOPI

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by rajeshrobin (10/11/10 3:02 AM) reply + / -
bro when you toner refill if red light is on (only red light not red & green light)only red light is on this toner cartidge is page counter finish then you change the new toner if red & green light on if you toner refill its working perfect but original samsung toner powder need which are aviliable in samsung bottle.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by balajigopi2000 (10/11/10 3:13 AM) reply + / -
thanks i will try

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Wadhwa (10/11/10 10:32 PM) reply + / -
Contact for Samsung ML 1640 reset by software 9426387624

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 works by kovel (10/21/10 4:15 AM) reply + / -
Its awesome trick dude works fine thankssssss a lot and keep making wonders like this

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ketan (edited 10/31/10 5:15 AM) reply + / -
does the re setter chip work for firmware .93???

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Andy321433 (11/4/10 11:37 AM) reply + / -
hey,

Do you know how to downgrade from the latest .96v to an older version of firmware on the ML 1640? i've searched alot and there is no fix for the .96v online.

thx

andy,

andyrogobete@yahoo.com

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Andy321433 (11/4/10 11:49 AM) reply + / -
Seems like i have the exact same problem as you.

Pls. e-mail me if u find any solutions,

many thanks,

andy

andyrogobete@yahoo.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by flot (11/5/10 1:13 AM) reply + / -
http://mkmservice.ucoz.ru/load
firmware for reset Samsung Xerox

Re: Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by grantdale49 (11/26/10 11:02 PM) reply + / -
Has anybody managed to work out this issue.

I believe that there are probably hundreds of Samsung Printer users in the same boat.

To me it looks like Samsung firmware releases check the existing loaded version and will not over write with an earlier version.

One way to get Samsung to remove the "Only Genuine Samsung Cartridges will be accepted by the Firmware" or as displayed "Invalid Black Toner Cartridge" may be to get on every site selling Samsung printers and put comments in the Review section of the printers warning everybody out that they will be paying more for each toner cartridge, than they pay for the printer.

Then a firmware release 97 may be released without the cartridge restriction.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by problem (12/6/10 5:08 AM) reply + / -
Hello, I have a little bit different problem with my ml 1640. After printing about 5-6 pages, printout starts becoming bleached, and at the end becomes impossible to read. Things turn better when i take out and again insert the cartridge, but for only next 5-6 pages. And it helped only at the beginning, now even after I do this printout still has some errors and is difficult to read. I would be really grateful if anyone could tell me if there is something I can do. Thanks :)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by lindows (12/6/10 6:37 AM) reply + / -
Hi
i need fix firmware of ML-1640 v.96
anybody can help me ?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ctabpob (12/7/10 12:21 AM) reply + / -
Have somebody password for this file http://mkmservice.ucoz.ru/load
TNX.

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Greed Emperor (12/11/10 7:11 AM) reply + / -
thanks man you fixed my problem..

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by xohaib (12/23/10 4:24 PM) reply + / -
Hello People ,
I have successfully flashed my printer ,
and after toner refill , some of my document ( Nearly from both sides Left and right) is missing
and there are vertical lines in my document all over !!

Please tell me if the toner is ok ? Or i need to replace the toner ?
or it can be fixed ???? !!!
i remember , taking out the Rubber tube , and Green Toner tube , and cleaning it and then again Putting it back ...
Please help me !!

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by obers (12/31/10 12:44 AM) reply + / -
Samsung ML1640 drivers of versions, click the link to install the connection.

http://www.all-driver.com

Easy come

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by johnnyto1979 (1/6/11 8:19 AM) reply + / -
fix solution are here.
http://fixme.ro/Fix-and-Solutions/samsung-ml-1640-counter-reset.html

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Sameh Bashatly (1/18/11 2:33 AM) reply + / -
to refill this printer dosen't need and chip just after refill it uninstall it's driver software and let windows detect it automaticly , it will work good , the red led will blink but ignore this

regards

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Schegol (1/18/11 1:57 PM) reply + / -
Hallo Leute
mein Drücker macht nicht:-(
wenn ich denn netz Stecker rein stecke leuchten kurz die obere braune und die untere rote LED leuchte und danach ist nicht!!!
Bitte Hilfe
ruskij
Deutsch

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ninja12 (2/1/11 6:39 PM) reply + / -
Here you can find for free firmware patch for 1640 Version 96

Link : http://www.compute.co.th/forum/index.php?topic=1041.0

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Extra (2/4/11 9:37 AM) reply + / -
How to make new ML 1640 cartridges to work?

1) Compare the starter cartridge with the replacement cartridge. If you bought a cheap cartridge there are three physical differences. You just have to make the new cartridge look the same as the old original cartridge because inside the printer there are physical devices that move up and down. The reason the cartridge is cheap is beacuse the shape is not the same as the original.

2) The first two differences are on the right side.

a) One is the small bulge that is of almost the same size but somewhat lower on the new cartridges so it can not push up a pedal inside the printer. The new cartridge lacks the metal plate on the top so just tape some 3-5 layer of tapes on each other to make it higher. no need of metal just anything that sticks on top.

b) The second one is the circuit board with the 4 plates. This is an opposite excercise because the original did not have a circuit board so you simply have to remove the circuit board. Do not remove it if you think it fills a funtion.

c) The third one is a definitive one. It is on the left side of the cartridge. It looks like a fuse and has a shape of 2 cm long solid cylindrical metal piece. Move it from the original cartridge to the new cartrigde.

Yours Sincerely
Extra

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ajinkya (2/24/11 10:01 PM) reply + / -
pls help me,i have a samsung printer model no-ml 1640,i had tried refilling twice but still it shows catridge empty,pls suggest

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by harmay022002 (3/9/11 5:51 AM) reply + / -
pls help me with my ml-1640 when i upgrade/downgrade the firmware I accidentally unplug the power when it still flashing the firmware. now when i turn on the printer it will just blink once, red and amber. can you please help me how to flash currupted bios.thanks.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by ilyasraza (3/24/11 6:54 AM) reply + / -
please help me

i have refil tuner kit is sucessfull but printer not print here
and testing page without computer print is ok
plrase help me i will wait for your responce

Re: Samsung ML 2010 by Ramesh Sharma (4/20/11 4:30 PM) reply + / -
Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer SPL Version 5.05
UPS HCL, Windows 7
Install
Printer No Work

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Nik1660 (5/1/11 10:38 AM) reply + / -
I have toner refilling powder for SCX-4521 can I use it to refill my other samsung ML1660? Any help will be appreciated. :-)

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by haider (5/7/11 11:47 AM) reply + / -
printer not going ready because upper red ligt on

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by haider (5/7/11 11:47 AM) reply + / -
printer not going ready because upper red ligt on

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by florin_1 (6/27/11 2:49 PM) reply + / -
here is downgrade needed tested and worked on ml-2240, with documentation.

http://docs5.chomikuj.pl

Re: Samsung ML 1610 by sacha (7/14/11 1:30 AM) reply + / -
hi
i am having problems in ml 1610
it prints with few blank lines when i print images
i have filled the toner.

re me soon

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by tohaa (8/5/11 3:56 AM) reply + / -
the lights on top blink continously red and green.what dcould be the problem. ??

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Fernando P. Decapia (8/22/11 9:53 PM) reply + / -
Can anyone help me? I have this Samsung ML1640 printer. I cannot print any document. A pop-up window is showing "print to file". I am using this printer before but this window does not appear when printing...Pls. help.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by john83 (edited 10/19/11 9:26 AM) reply + / -
Im find tutorial about s3cc921 Programmer resetter Printer repair manual and printer service manual Description: Free Download s3cc921 Programmer to reset CRUM-based chip ebook in pdf files. How to fix Printer service manual and printer repair manual, reset printer Programmer to reset CRUM-based chip S3CC921 Programmer. The programmer supports the following models: Xerox WorkCentre.

link : http://easyprinterrepair.com

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by MURARI LAL SONI (1/21/12 2:50 AM) reply + / -
replace the fuse

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by Brismac (1/30/12 6:27 PM) reply + / -
My Samsung ML 1640 has been working well untio now. Last time I swirtched it on my PC would not recognise it and was unable to recognise it on the web. The red error message is flashing, and the Samsung website suggests this is a problem requirig a Samsung service technician. Is this really the only option? The last job I printed before the problem appeared was one double-sided page. This was the first time I had printed double-sided. Is there a connection?

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by kazisamimahamed (10/20/12 6:04 AM) reply + / -
samsung 1640printer resat softwer pls sand mail

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by jdupreez (10/21/12 2:05 AM) reply + / -
I replaced my cartridge because the ink ran out. But the top red light stays on and I cannot print from my computer. If I print a test page by holding down the topside button on the printer it works.

When I do "Print test page" from the computer the red light turns to green flashing , but no page is printed.

Can anyone help?

Re: Re: Samsung ML 1640 by inamct (5/4/13 7:44 PM) reply + / -
how 2 reset shorting out pins 1 & 4 of the 93c66 chip.

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by OsoMolar (7/6/14 8:11 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I have a problem with a printer, Samsung ML-16970.

V 1.02.00.04(LF)
Serial No. Z6F2BKEB700369N

Can anyone help?

Thanks¡¡¡¡

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by OsoMolar (7/6/14 8:14 PM) reply + / -
Hi, I have a problem with a printer, Samsung ML-16970.

V 1.02.00.04(LF)
Serial No. Z6F2BKEB700369N

Can anyone help?

Thanks¡¡¡¡

Re: Samsung ML 1640 by richardmartinez022 (7/6/14 11:26 PM) reply + / -

BUY FAKE PASSPORT BRITISH(UK) FOR SALE DIPLOMATIC
Writer BUY FAKE
PASSPORT BRITISH

original high-quality fake passports, driver’s licenses,
ID cards, stamps and other products for a number of countries like:
USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italian, Finland, France,
Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United
Kingdom. This list is not full.
To get the additional information and place the order just contact us
via email or mobile.
BUY FAKE PASSPORT BRITISH(UK) FOR SALE DIPLOMATIC
CANADIAN FALSE ID CARD ONLINE UNITED STATES(US) FAKE ID
CARD SELL DRIVERS LICENSE

CONTACT ME:
(richardmartinez022@gmail.com
or ICQ: 683198931 )

feel free to contact via Email or call at anytime.
-----------------------------
Keywords:
buy fake USA(United States) passports,
buy fake Australian passports,
buy fake Belgium passports,
buy fake Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
buy fake Canadian(Canada) passports,
buy fake Finnish(Finland) passports,
buy fake French(France) passports,
buy fake German(Germany) passports,
buy fake Dutch(Netherlands/Holland) passports,
buy fake Israel passports,