fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP designjet 500 error code 79:04

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP designjet 500 error code 79:04 by Roger Quantock (10/16/08 3:10 AM) reply + / -
Can someone please help. Halfway through the print my printer keeps coming up with the error code 79:04, which is a firmware error code. I have gone onto the HP website and upgraded the firmware but the problem still persists. If anyone out there has any suggestions they will be gratefully received. Many thanks

Re: HP designjet 500 error code 79:04 by dmzcompute (10/16/08 5:24 AM) reply + / -
Do you by chance have a network card in the printer and is it a 615N. If it is remove it with the power off and then connect the plotter using parallel or usb and see if you get the same problem. Also are you trying to print the same item each time or different items. It is always possible the item you are trying to print has an issue. Another thing to try is if you have the hp driver loaded go to the services tab and then click on the troubleshooting icon and then check the box to print the item as a bitmap (process in the computer) and see what happens.

Re: HP designjet 500 error code 79:04 by nivek (10/18/08 7:53 AM) reply + / -
Very common problem this is a typical firmware issue for this machine having to do with certain data codes. Unplug any communication cable turn off then back on and check the firmware version Hp has issued several upgrades to this units firmware to fix several issues this happens to be one of them the lastest is like "3. something". Its becoming harder to find on there site but if you can get to the designjet support part and look up the 500-800 designjet of it you will be able to download and update your firmware. Very easy to do just follow the instructions and never turn the machine off in the middle of doing it.

Re: HP designjet 500 error code 79:04 by nivek (10/18/08 7:59 AM) reply + / -
sorry about the last comment I had the same issue with another company and I had updated the firmware once and went back and found a better version. so do make sure that you updated the latest version. Also check the length of your printer cable if using one and make sure its IEEE compliant. My customer was using a 25 foot calbe and it wasnt IEEE Hp recommends 10 foot or less.

Re: HP designjet 500 error code 79:04 by Anonymous (10/21/08 8:05 AM) reply + / -
Please note it can also appear due to not having correct designjet 500 driver. i.e if you printer is without HP-GL/2 card and you have other version of driver installed. If this is the case you may remove the driver, clean the registry file as well. and then instal the driver.

Regards ........ Tariq
http://www.cadservices.co.uk/

Re: Re: HP designjet 500 error code 79:04 by Anonymous (5/18/09 6:56 AM) reply + / -
How do you clean the regestry? I had my printer server crash with my backup files being infected. I had to get all new (the latest versions) drivers and then had to do the firmware as well. I had to install both drivers as I don't know which is which by their naming, but I believe that is causing conflict as I can print from every program with the exception of AutoCAD. I do not have the network card and have been through the whole troubleshooting for 79:04 errors with no improvement. Removing traces of the installed drivers and installing the fresh one is the only thing I can't do.

So, how would one clean the regestry?

Re: HP designjet 500 error code 79:04 by walti (8/21/09 2:17 AM) reply + / -
@Roger:
Could the problem fixed with one of this solutions?
I want to buy a used dj500 and found one on ebay with exactly this problem.

Hope for Feedback

Greez, Walti

Re: HP designjet 500 error code 79:04 by Anonymous (2/5/10 6:42 PM) reply + / -
INDICA ERROR 79:04
EL PLOTER HP 500 NO REGISTRA LOS CARTUCHOS PIDE QUE SE INSERTEN AUN TENIENDOLOS YA TAMBIEN PIDE QUE RETIRE CABEZALES DE AHI NO PASA ALGUIEN QUE ME PUEDA AYUDAR ATTE SUSY YA RESETEE EL EEROM

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters