fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Lexmark x2500 will not print

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Lexmark x2500 will not print by bobjohn27870 (9/14/08 2:43 PM) reply + / -
printer stopped printing after working fine. Put it on another PC with same Win XP sp2 and same cable it works fine (Printer and cable OK!). Downloaded driver. Virus scan shows no problems. Deleted printer from PC and reinstalled. PC reports print job sent to printer and completed, but doesn't print. Tried other USB ports. (Internet Cable USB modem works OK so don't think its a USB problem), Device Manager reports no problem with USB ports. All setting seem fine. Maybe need to reinstall XP? Help please.

Re: Lexmark x2500 will not print by Anonymous (3/25/09 3:21 PM) reply + / -
have the same problem... get any answers?

Re: Lexmark x2500 will not print by ame0429 (6/6/09 8:09 PM) reply + / -
I kind of have the same problem. My lexmark will copy, scan but it wont print anything on the computer. it says "printer not communicating with computer." So I bought another USB cable and still NOTHING. I have downloaded the driver. uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it over and over...
I have no idea what is wrong..
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP???

Re: Lexmark x2500 will not print by Herself (9/28/10 10:25 PM) reply + / -
same problem mine will scan but wont print it wont recognise the ink cartridges ..

Re: Lexmark x2500 will not print by printmaster098 (9/29/10 11:24 AM) reply + / -
Poorly remanufactured cartridges may not be recognized by the printer. Use genuine Lexmark cartridges instead and make sure they are the compatible cartridges for your printer(Lexmark X2500 printer uses #28, #28A, and #34 for black and #29, #29A and #35 for color). If problem continues even with the genuine cartridges, contact Lexmark technical support to further investigate the problem.

Re: Lexmark x2500 will not print by herself (9/29/10 12:08 PM) reply + / -
Yes I only use lexmark cartridges ..
will contact lexmark then
thank you

Re: Lexmark x2500 will not print by Karmana (9/30/10 8:09 AM) reply + / -
Every lexmark printer I have owned has broken down in this same way. Different computers, XP, Vista, Win7, doesn't matter- has done it on them all. Something is wrong with either Lexmark's USB interface hardware, or the driver itself. If the idea is to make your money off of the consumables, you need to make sure it lasts long enough to turn a profit, yes? After 4 Lexmarks, I've decided to no longer buy them. Turning to Kodak or HPs. (I have two HP all in one's that have been working for 10 years, without a single hiccup...)

Re: Lexmark x2500 will not print after ink changed by glenda123 (7/18/11 4:55 PM) reply + / -
I changed the ink cartridge and now it will not print. The print job showing going to the printer but does not print
What is the problem?

Re: Lexmark x2500 will not print by Karmana (7/20/11 7:01 PM) reply + / -
Glenda, I have only ever found one fix- uninstall the printer software, then remove (uninstall) the printer from your control panel/printers, restart the computer, then reinstall the printer software (and drivers.)

Good luck!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters