fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Canon iP1700 ink absorber reset and remove/clean

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Canon iP1700 ink absorber reset and remove/clean by Anonymous (4/21/08 12:01 PM) reply + / -
Can someone please explain how to remove, clean and replace the ink absorber from the canon iP1700? Once this is done, how do you reset the printer so the error message goes away?

Re: Canon iP1700 ink absorber reset and remove/cle by wana (5/25/08 3:14 AM) reply + / -
can u help me?
Can someone please explain how to remove, clean and replace the ink absorber from the canon iP1700? Once this is done, how do you reset the printer so the error message goes away?
thank u very much for your help.

Re: Canon iP1700 ink absorber reset and remove/cle by Dedi Arianto (2/16/09 8:00 PM) reply + / -
Saya mau minta tolong, bisa nggak saya mintak software untuk me reset print canon pixma ip1700

Re: Canon iP1700 ink absorber reset and remove/clean by pyrocrafter (3/29/09 3:37 AM) reply + / -
The ink absorber is to the right of the printer. It collects ink everytime the printer is used to clean the printing heads on the ink cartridges. So, get some kitchen towel and dab out as much of the ink as possible, then do this. I found this on another website:

Procedure to Reset Ink Tank Full Error for Canon IP1700
First Step (Hardware Reset)

1. Turn Off the printer, and then take off the cable power.
2. Push and hold the power button (use your fore finger to hold the power button).
3. Connect again the power cable.
4. Use your middle finger to push the resume button 2 times.
5. Release the power button.
6. Finish. you have finised the first step to reset Ink Tank Full Error (Blink Error).

It worked for me. Beware, this will tell your PC you have a new printer, so you will have to go to the printers folder and set this 'new' printer as the default, otherwise it won't print.

Hope this helps.

Re: Canon iP1700 ink absorber reset and remove/clean by Anonymous (2/22/10 9:41 AM) reply + / -
Please tell me how to reset the printer so the message goes away.

Re: Re: Canon iP1700 ink absorber reset and remove/clean by julia_zoux (7/13/10 8:12 PM) reply + / -
Thank you very much sir.. :)

Canon IP 1700 cartouche d'encre mal positionnée by Lucgard (7/13/11 3:28 AM) reply + / -
Un fenêtre d'avertissement " cartouche d'encre mal positionnée" apparait et bloque l'impression alors que les cartouches sont PAEFAITEMENT positionnées !!!!!!!!!!!!! Avez-vous LA solution à ce problème de mon IP 1700 ??
Merci d'avance

Canon IP 1700 cartouche d'encre mal positionne by Lucgard30 (7/13/11 3:30 AM) reply + / -
Alors qu'elles sont parfaitement positionnes. Ma IP 1700 est bloques par ce message!!!! Avez-vous la solution. Merci d'avance

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters