fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by domros (2/11/08 10:58 PM) reply+4 + / -
Please help me in resetting of purge counter of brother DCP130C, UNABLE TO CLEAN ERROR 46. Please provide me a procedure/guideline in resetting of this printer.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by fishyink (edited 2/12/08 9:39 PM) reply + / -
Domros machine error 46 means that your printer's purge unit has reached its counter limit and needs replacing, the reason i say this is because your machine has done alot of work and parts will be warn in your m/c, if you just reset the counter you will end up with ink througout your machine, normally when your printer is up for a purge unit its better to get a new machine with new cartridges and a 12 month warranty and no wear. u can get the new brother for about $79 wich is by fare a way better way to go. and with the new brother the inks are alot cheaper than earlier models wich is a bonus.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by domros (2/13/08 12:12 AM) reply + / -
Please.......... I think that my printer need to be reset, but my problem is the procedure & troubleshooting guide is not completed yet. Kindly help me.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by fishyink (2/13/08 3:33 PM) reply + / -
ill email you the reset procedure for the m/c and pruge but just doing a reset will not cure this problem you need to replace purge unit and do a counter reset on your purge unit, (used to clean the printhead) thats why it says unable to clean,

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (5/16/08 7:12 PM) reply + / -
please send me the procedure and guideline on how to reset my printer dcp130c?

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by ryce (6/1/08 5:53 AM) reply + / -
please send me the procedure and guideline on how to reset my printer dcp130c? it says unable to clean 46..

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by mickhoy (6/5/08 3:32 AM) reply + / -
please send me the procedure and guideline on how to reset my printer dcp130c?

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by lowla vera (6/6/08 10:21 AM) reply + / -
the reposnse Fishyink gave was absoluly correct .I work for brother and as listed in the service manual for this machine "Replace both the ink absorber box and flushing box and reset their counters. (When you need
to replace the ink absorber box or flushing box,replace both.)*** I can not of course make this manual availble to the public***

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by domros (6/23/08 6:13 PM) reply + / -
Please send us complete procedure on how to reset purge counter of
Brother DCP130.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by domros (6/23/08 6:15 PM) reply + / -
Please send us complete procedure on how to reset purge counter of
Brother DCP130.

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by domros (6/25/08 12:02 AM) reply + / -
Thanks to everyone. I have already a copy how to reset purge counter of BROTHER DCP 130C.

Re: Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (6/25/08 9:42 AM) reply + / -
As stated in my reply , I can't not attacth the manuals

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by pranto (7/6/08 6:44 AM) reply + / -

please send me the procedure and guideline on how to reset my printer dcp130c? it says unable to clean 46..

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (8/9/08 6:11 AM) reply + / -
pls email me the procedure on how to reset brother dcp 130c......Muzty_09@yahoo.com

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (8/9/08 6:14 AM) reply + / -
pls email me the procedure on how to reset brother dcp 130c......Muzty_09@yahoo.com

Re: BROTHER DCP120C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by MaxiDion (8/16/08 6:23 PM) reply + / -
Gud day people. I have the same problem, "unable to clean" and it has an error code 46, and already clean the ink pads. My problem now is the resetting. I've read all the post here so far about resetting it. but my printer model is dcp 120c. And it doesn't have any numeric keypad to perform the resetting. can anyone help me with this? pls email me at ipilprinthaus@yahoo.com.ph. tnx

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by MaxiDion (8/17/08 2:32 AM) reply + / -
Can anyone give me the procedure on resetting the dcp 120c? I think resetting dcp 130c is just the same for 120c. please email me at ipilprinthaus@yahoo.com.ph

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by ialatam (8/23/08 1:21 AM) reply + / -
can you give me the procedure on how to reset it on dcp 130c...

my email is: ialatam@yahoo.com

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by ialatam (8/23/08 4:57 AM) reply + / -

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by justinlei20 (8/28/08 6:01 AM) reply + / -
please send me the resetter of my printer DCP130c... tnank you...

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by dycoy24 (8/30/08 12:30 AM) reply + / -
Please ,send me the manual how to reset my brother dcp-130c..my e-mail add guy_nxt_room@yahoo.com..thanks

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by dycoy24 (8/30/08 12:31 AM) reply + / -
Please ,send me the manual how to reset my brother dcp-130c..my e-mail add guy_nxt_room@yahoo.com..thanks

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by comyx27 (9/21/08 2:20 AM) reply + / -
Im also having same problem. kindly send to me how to reset my brother dcp-130c.. my email add si_mico_toh@yahoo.com..Thanks!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (9/22/08 1:39 AM) reply+1 + / -
- pull out the AC plug
- put back the AC plug while holding down the “menu” button and keep holding it (15 sec)
- now you are entering the MAINTENANCE mode and “error 46” pops up in the display
- select 8 by using the arrow buttons ,push OK and select 0 and push OK
- 00:00 00:01 OK (the display is showing this message)
- now push the MONO button 25 times until you see PURGE: xxxxx
- Select 2, push ok, select 7,push ok,select 8,push ok, select 3,push ok
- the purge counter indicates now: purge: 00000
- switch off the printer ,switch it on
- ready to print
- CHEERS!

The only remark is that your waste ink box is too full with ink. Ink flooding might be happening……

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by lolo12 (9/23/08 11:57 AM) reply+1 + / -
could anyone provide me how to reset ink level for black cartridge. i have refill it but printer sad that its empty. please

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (9/30/08 8:45 AM) reply + / -
thanks anonymous, ill try this out.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by olivertabag (10/1/08 12:27 AM) reply + / -
thanks anonymous. I works!!!!

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (10/16/08 7:11 AM) reply + / -
thanks! it's been a great help!!!!!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C by Anonymous (10/25/08 11:29 PM) reply + / -
Hello,

I am trying to re-set my Brother DCP-130C because the printer is confused about the ink cartridges. I did this by accicdently pulling out the cord and now it is all confused and doesn't recognise my new cartridges. I think a reset would work...Thanks email me at jordanreillystock@gmail.com

Cheers

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by manila13 (10/26/08 10:57 PM) reply + / -
i was able to talk to a technician. he told me printer companies intentionally put limits to the counter because its the only way we can go back to them and make a re-purchase. in manila we have the CISS system which gives us plenty of ink for so much less. non company technicians can also fix major probs. so i guess its just one of their ways to get us to buy more parts from companies.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO ALIGN INJECTORS by jalavinp (11/20/08 4:12 PM) reply + / -
I can't find the procedure to achieve the alignment... Can anyone help me?

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (1/6/09 8:34 AM) reply + / -
What steps need to be taken to replace ink absorber box assembly on MFC-5440CN? Are there any instructions available?

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Shanice (1/8/09 9:26 AM) reply + / -
THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU SERIOUSLY SAVED MY LIFE, ANONYMOUS!

Re: Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (1/15/09 5:19 AM) reply + / -
Hallo, haben sie den Fehler 46 beheben können? Ich habe ihn auch und komme nicht weiter. Könnten Sie mir bitte einen Tipp geben?
Vielen Dank!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by mydcp110c (1/17/09 6:26 AM) reply+1 + / -
Hello!

Here is the Error: "Unable to Clean" (code 46) solution:

The machine counts all purge (cleaning) operations in order to prevent the internal ink absorber box from overflowing with purged ink. An “initial purge”, for example, advances the purge counter by 187 + 420 = 607. When the purge counter approaches 6400, an internal "Machine Error 46" is generated. Further purge operations are prohibited, and therefore the printer becomes unuseable.

When an internal Machine Error 46 is generated, the user will see an “Unable to Clean” external message and will be unable to use the printer. The “Unable to Clean” external message can relate to many different internal error codes however.

The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed.

If there is a Machine Error 46, it is necessary to dismantle the printer, replace the ink absorber box (or possibly break the ink absorber box open and clean its absorbent sponges under a tap), re-assemble the printer and reset the purge counter to zero.

Solution no. 1. (DCP-110C / DCP-115C / DCP-120C / DCP-130C):

The proper reset code sequence to reset DCP printers without numeric keypad should be as follows:

1. press buttons Set, Menu, Mono Start one by one, followed by up arrow key four times. this should all be done as short a time as possible, around 3 seconds.

2. enter maintenance mode 80 by pressing the up/down arrow key and set key to select numbers 8 and 0

3. press up arrow key several times to get to the Purge item

4. enter 2, 7, 8 and 3 using arrow/set keys to reset the counter

5. press Stop/Exit key to go to root of maintenance mode

6. enter 9,9 to exit maintenance mode

Solution no. 2. (DCP-110C / DCP-115C / DCP-120C / DCP-130C):

Here's how...

1. Pres 'menu', 'mono start' then 'menu' one by one...

2. Press the arrow up or down to go to 'maintenance 80'.

3. Press 'mono start' several times to go to 'Purge'. Finding the PURGE will show some numeric value which is I assume the number of times the printer had cleaned.

4. Press 'arrow up' key and scroll for number "2" then press "set". Do the same for numbers 7, 8 and 3. After you have entered this combination, the purge numeric value will be reseted to 00000.

That's it...

Solution no. 3. (for printers with numeric keypad):

Resetting purge counter on: MFC-620CN / MFC-420CN / MFC-410CN / MFC-210C and FAX-2440C:

1. Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC-210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.

FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).

Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode.

2. Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).

3. Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.

4. Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.

5. Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.

6. Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.

Have a look here:

http://www.hstt.net/refill-faq/inside.html

You will need to put the link into google and translate the site into english. Once you have found and cleaned out the ink in the tank you will need to do the reset.

Due to the fact all new brother modells are of the same print engine, it will give you a hint on how to clean the wasteink bag.

Happy Printing!

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by audit118 (1/17/09 7:36 AM) reply + / -
I have an MFC410. I have replaced the ink purge assembly and followed your instructions in solution 3.

However,I am still getting an error 46.

any ideas.

thanks
audit118

Re: Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by mydcp110c (1/17/09 11:38 AM) reply + / -
You have to reset the purge count to zero (if you haven't already). Or maybe you just missed something, left out a step somewhere (hope so, otherwise sorry but i don't know what else could it be). Make sure to initialise and follow the maintenance procedure as described (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again), when finished resetting the purge counter close the session, the display should indicate that the system has returned to stand-by mode.

Good Luck!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (2/2/09 8:11 PM) reply + / -
pls help me i don't have money to buy a new printer

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by elmo08 (2/15/09 9:40 AM) reply + / -
its not working for me. i did try the solution but nothing happen even though i have reset the thing to 00000. HELP!!!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (2/23/09 11:25 PM) reply + / -
how can't i clean the printer??? i press button 2 clean, the printer busy. why??? what can't i do..

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by justinlei20 (3/21/09 6:54 AM) reply+1 + / -
can anyone help me.... please please.... its about error 51 unable to print... DCP 130C... HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM? PLEASE HELP ME... THANKS...

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by justinlei20 (3/21/09 6:57 AM) reply + / -
i would like to thanks... everybody for helping me to fix my problem about error 46 unable to clean...

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by shan (3/29/09 5:20 AM) reply + / -
does any one knows how to reset DCP-135C ??

Re: BROTHER DCP115C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (4/1/09 12:12 AM) reply + / -
My printer is DCP-115C. It has porblem "machine error 5A". How can I fix this problem ? Could anyone help me ? Please ...

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by domros (7/21/09 12:56 AM) reply + / -
My printer is BROTHER DCP130C. The printer head is alway clog. Does any body knows the best brothers printer for my internet shop. Please help me to find. Thanks

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by domros (7/21/09 12:59 AM) reply + / -
My printer is BROTHER DCP130C. The printer head is always clog. Does any body knows the best brothers printer for my internet shop. Please help me to find. Thanks

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-unit unable af by pranto (7/22/09 7:23 PM) reply + / -
my printer is showing unit unable af can any one help me to solve this problem

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (8/20/09 7:08 AM) reply + / -
THANKS A LOT!!!.....

Thanks for posting the instructions... you're an Angel... you saved my printer extinction.. he.he.he...

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (8/25/09 10:17 AM) reply + / -
Thank a lot for sharing your ideas and solutions it helps me so much

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by dycoy24 (8/26/09 4:35 AM) reply + / -
Guru's,how about the model DCP-165C "Clean Unable 50"?thanks in advance

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP115C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by daisyangel33 (8/28/09 8:46 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem with my printer but its a 110C . How did you fix yours?

brother dcp-165c init unable 4f by bugs (10/2/09 12:52 AM) reply + / -
pls help how can i get out of this error message, tnx

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (11/19/09 7:11 PM) reply + / -
favor pls i dont know how to reset DCP-130C the error is Machine error 46.

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (11/20/09 1:20 AM) reply + / -
Dude - you rock

Re: BROTHER DCP-135C UNABLE TO CLEAN by Rooty (edited 11/20/09 1:46 PM) reply + / -
Error message 46 'Clean unable' showing and have tried pressing everything in 'Maintenance80' but does nothing. Really stuck as have loads to print and am working all w/end so no time to buy another printer.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by ChrisRose (11/21/09 9:34 PM) reply+1 + / -
Where is the ink waste tray, how to get to it , to attempt to clean it?

Chris

Re: BROTHER DCP165C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (11/29/09 5:54 PM) reply + / -
help me please........

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (12/1/09 9:01 AM) reply + / -
Thanks anonymous. This procedure worked fine for me.
Now I can take some time to choose a new printer to buy and meanwhile use up my stock of cartridges for this one. (DCP 350-C)

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by AGENTSKY8 (12/4/09 4:56 PM) reply + / -
i have already set the purge to 00000 but after the cleaning and tried test the printing, all colors did not appear or it is totally blank.... i called the technician and they told me the "trouble shoot 10" method.... how can i fix this? any ideas, thanks in advance

Re: BROTHER MFC-240C by aphouse (12/8/09 9:52 PM) reply + / -
HOW DO YOU DO A POWER PURGE FOR THIS MODEL

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Danni06 (12/18/09 5:57 PM) reply + / -
I have a Brother DCP-130C that comes up with Error Message: Unable to Clean 50. What does that mean?? Ive only read when the Error is 46 :( Any help greatfully received. Thanks

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (12/28/09 2:17 AM) reply + / -
printer does not turn of

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (1/1/10 7:48 PM) reply + / -
To my knowledge power purge is numbers 7 6 4 each with ok between them. Then 7 6 3.Thisis in the maintainence mode.

Does anyone know if the printhead is able to be removed from the DCP130-C?? I want to soak it to remove clog, all the purges etc have made no difference.
I have parked the head over tissue with alchol, but clearly its blocked severly, and needs to be worked on some, not merely parked over a damp tissue.

Re: BROTHER DCP120C maintentance by bajdas (1/2/10 7:29 PM) reply + / -
Thanks to mydcp110c and others for the maintenance code tips.

This fixed the error on the Brother DCP-120C printer the family uses and now allows us to use the remaining ink cartridges we have bought (bought a black 3-pack recently).

Will investigate if we can replace the waste ink bag with new or we just need to buy a new printer.

Thanks,
Andrew.
Adelaide, South Australia.

BROTHER DCP-165C INIT UNABLE 50 by whintampz (1/9/10 12:40 AM) reply + / -
PLS...HELP ME THIS PROBLEM,?pls help how can i get out of this error message, thanks a lot.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by novian09 (1/13/10 10:14 PM) reply + / -
I've got a brithor mpc 130 printer, there is an error message Unable 4f init ... please notice why such problems occur. and what solutions can be given.
thanks

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by leo2mar (1/16/10 8:28 AM) reply + / -
Hi
I have a Brother DCP 115C printer,and there is an error message
"unable to print".How can I get out of this error?Thanks

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by purp-ple (1/19/10 4:39 AM) reply + / -
thanks for the instructions. it worked.

Re: BROTHER DCP-165C error 48 or Init unable 48 by conradiaz (1/21/10 2:51 PM) reply + / -
can anyone teach me how to reset or fixed machine error 48 or Init unable 48 on my brother DCP-165C.

Re: BROTHER DCP-165C error 48 or Init unable 48 by conradiaz (1/21/10 2:52 PM) reply + / -
can anyone teach me how to reset or fixed machine error 48 or Init unable 48 on my brother DCP-165C.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by genieleong (1/28/10 7:51 PM) reply + / -
Please send me the procedure to reset. genie_leong@hotmail.co.uk. thank you

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (2/3/10 3:44 PM) reply + / -
Any chance anyone knows how to unscrew and clean the ink tray for a DCP-110C?

Re: BROTHER MFC-240C -UNABLE TO CLEAN by GoMe (2/3/10 10:56 PM) reply + / -
Please send me the procedure to reset

Regards

Astaga.com lifestyle on the net

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP-135C UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (2/14/10 2:46 PM) reply + / -
Color when printing off the net is not as defined as what it was,the color died after I changed the cartidges how ever the printer still prints black ok.

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Bostonman (2/16/10 9:44 PM) reply + / -
Thanks so much mydcp110c !!
Your reset procedures worked perfectly well for my MFC420N.
You've saved my printer and the world as well by reducing one piece of printer junk in the land fill.

I am really appreciated for your help!

Re: Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (2/19/10 7:16 AM) reply + / -
hi there... if you have one, pls email me the procedure on how to reset brother dcp 130c......enjoyinghere@yahoo.com tnx a lot in advance..:)

Re: BROTHER DCP165C-UNABLE TO CLEAN 46 by sagar (2/21/10 9:57 PM) reply + / -
clean unable to 46

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by ztankh (edited 2/24/10 4:50 AM) reply + / -
Hi there,

Please email me ztankh@hotmail.com the troubleshooting manual for 130C clean unable 46.

Thanks

Black cartridge not detecting.error 4 by sajid parvez (3/3/10 7:50 AM) reply + / -
unable to print.it shows black cartridge is empty and colour cartridges near empty.I purchase new black cartridge still showing same message..pls help me to solve this issue

Black cartridge not detecting.error 4 by sajid parvez (3/3/10 7:54 AM) reply + / -
unable to print.it shows black cartridge is empty and colour cartridges near empty.I purchase new black cartridge still showing same message..pls help me to solve this issue

brother dcp-130 cartridge empty by sajid parvez (3/5/10 9:19 AM) reply + / -
After I install new black cartridge also still my printer showing black cartridge empty.when I press menu start butten it show maintnance 10 message, what it means..can eny one help me to solve this issue...

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Rohit J. Dobaria (3/17/10 4:27 AM) reply + / -
DCP-165c Printer so display (clean unable 5A) Please help for this error solution.

BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN 51 by jhaniz (3/21/10 3:57 AM) reply + / -
Hi
I have a Brother DCP 130C printer,and there is an error message
"clean unable 51".How can I get out of this error? please send me the procedure..Thanks

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (3/25/10 4:00 PM) reply + / -
i have changed all the ink in my printer and also cleaned them but i am not getting the black colour to work please help

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (3/31/10 3:57 PM) reply + / -
please help i have changed all the colours in the printer and cleaned them but the black is still not working please tell me what to do

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by justmania (4/20/10 7:30 PM) reply + / -
Thanks A Lot. It's Work fine!! on DCP 165C.

Re: BROTHER DCP120C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by snowy (4/25/10 8:25 PM) reply + / -
kindly please help how to fix my printer.. There is an error appearing on my printer UNABLE TO CLEAN

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (5/7/10 9:48 PM) reply + / -
help naman po, pano mafix ang error na to "Init unable 5a" sa dcp-150c

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (5/7/10 9:52 PM) reply + / -
help naman po, pano mafix ang error na to "Init unable 5a" sa dcp-150c

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by HCL (5/18/10 2:47 AM) reply + / -
The info really clear & working.. Thanks a lot.My printer back to it's life again.

i need help with DCP165C - UNABLE TO CLEAN 5A by kaves (5/24/10 11:18 AM) reply + / -
hey guys. i need help with my Brother DCP-165C.
My LCD reads: "clean unable 5A". i've tried resetting the purge, but it didn't work. please advise. thanks!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (5/26/10 8:38 AM) reply + / -
THANK YOU!!!!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (5/27/10 2:08 AM) reply + / -
Did all of the steps you said to clear error 46 and replaced the ink absorber pad and cleared the purge counter to 0 but still didn't work. After re-searching the net we have worked out that you need to follow the same steps but go to the item listed as 'flush' and reset this counter by using the same numbers listed for the purge - now works!!!!

Made doubly sure by going through routine maintenance and forcing a clean - and it's OK. Saved a lot of money and time - thank you so much!

How un-environmentally friendly of brother to basically make people think they need to buy a new machine for something so easy to repair - thanks to the internet and sites like this - fantastic!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Anonymous (6/5/10 3:10 AM) reply + / -
Gumagana ito sa dcp-130c ko. Thank you for this site and post this information. To the Brother Co., they are not user friendly,maganda sana ang printer nila pero ang kaso walang kwenta ang manual ng printer, kulang sa impormasyon.

Re: BROTHER DCP-165C - error 48 or ini unable 48 by lenardames (7/3/10 1:20 AM) reply + / -
PLs help how can i fix this problem, thanxs!

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by jgrundy (7/9/10 5:12 PM) reply + / -
Thank you so much. I thought I was going to have to get a new printer.... but your step by step instructions did the trick.

Re: BROTHER DCP185C-UNABLE TO CLEAN error 50 by zairo (8/11/10 7:01 PM) reply + / -
pls help..how can i fix this problem,

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by ozsamurai (8/18/10 3:03 AM) reply+2 + / -
This is my 3rd Brother DCP350C, one would think I should have given up after one and two.... Anyway, head blockage on all them is causing me headaches, repeat cleaning no use, does anyone know a good method for getting in and cleaning them effectively. I have had the thing apart to the cap that covers the head, but still nothing, help!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Ben2 (8/21/10 10:43 AM) reply+1 + / -
I have just reset and cleaned my ink absorber pad successfully.
Reset the counter using the procedure above.
Clean the pad by:
1. Opening the top section, as if you were plugging in the USB cable.
2. Pop the left cover off. It is long, down the left side. It covers a cable and the tab that holds the blue lid arm in place. No screws, just pops off gently. I used a flat blade screwdriver, starting at the thin section.
3. Pop the lid arm out. Rotate the lid all the way back.
4. Locate the ink absorber pad. It is rectangular, about the size of postage stamp. It lies in a recess, adjacent and to the left of the roller, down in the back. There was a second pad, underneath the first. It is small, positioned vertically, down a hole from the first recess.
5. I cleaned the tiny pads in water, drying them with paper towel.
6. Reverse the process to put it all back together.

Incredible to think that a 1 cent foam pad, difficult to locate but easily cleaned, could force a new printer.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Azezuddin Fadzil (8/31/10 9:21 PM) reply + / -
Thanks... It's Work just fine....

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Ivan Ivanov (9/21/10 2:49 PM) reply + / -
What steps should I take for MFC-21C? similar to 210c or diferent?
I do use brothers models particalr for their size, refilling options and I think they are still unbeatable on a market, but this 46 message is true killer.

Re: BROTHER DCP135C-UNABLE TO CLEAN 51 by ejays (10/20/10 1:10 AM) reply + / -
please help me..please...

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by benjie_0843 (11/26/10 12:52 AM) reply + / -
error message on Brother DCP195C "print unable 36" pls. help if you have the solution fo this error. I can't print.

Thanks.

Re: BROTHER MFC-290 UNABLE TO CLEAN by Cats (12/18/10 9:56 PM) reply + / -
Hi Anyonymous,

Thank you very much for posting these instructions. :)

I used them to fix my MFC-290, but I had to make a few modifications.

I had a series of errors that included Print Unable 52, Clean Error 5A(or Clean Unable 5A?), and finally, Machine Error.

The Print Unable cleared up after I lifted the scanner cover about 20 times. (I'm talking about that cover that you open that shows you the inside of your printer, so you can see the cartridge and rollers). The print cartridge finally unstuck itself and decided to move after that, but gave me a Clean Unable or Clean Error message.

Then I found your directions. The difference for the MFC-290 are minor, but I thought I'd add them here in case anyone else is looking for a solution for their 290.

Modified Directions for MFC-290

- pull out the AC plug
- put back the AC plug while holding down the “menu” button and keep holding it (15 sec). It's ready when all 4 buttons are flashing on and off, and you see the word

Re: BROTHER MFC-290 UNABLE TO CLEAN by Cats (12/18/10 9:59 PM) reply + / -
Hi Anyonymous,

Thank you very much for posting these instructions.

I used them to fix my MFC-290, but I had to make a few modifications.

I had a series of errors that included Print Unable 52, Clean Error 5A(or Clean Unable 5A?), and finally, Machine Error.

The Print Unable cleared up after I lifted the scanner cover about 20 times. The print cartridge finally unstuck itself and decided to move after that, but gave me a Clean Unable or Clean Error message.

Then I found your directions. The difference for the MFC-290 are minor.

Modified Directions for MFC-290

- pull out the AC plug
- put back the AC plug while holding down the “menu” button and keep holding it (15 sec). It's ready when all 4 buttons are flashing on and off, and you see the word "Maintenance."

- now you are entering the MAINTENANCE mode and “error 46” pops up in the display (Mine said Error 5A)

- Using the keyboard, type 80.

- 00:00 00:01 OK (a message shows up like this, but may have different numbers)

- now push the Up or Down button as many times as you need to, until you see PURGE: xxxxx

- Using number buttons, type: 2783 (might need to push ok at the end, but not after each digit.)

- ready to print

Re: how to fix error 32 on brother printer DCP-165 by Samii-Babee (12/24/10 2:55 AM) reply + / -
how to fix error 32 on brother printer DCP-165C? i have looked through the manual and i couldnt find anything 2 help!!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by kebunsayur80 (1/29/11 7:38 PM) reply + / -
my printer shows "machine error51"....anyone can help me..

Re: BROTHER DCP185-C unable to clean 5a by vhel (2/25/11 3:55 AM) reply + / -
did everything from clearing purge and flush then replaced ink absorber foam, check also little black rubber fix it in its place.
done! thanks!

Bad print quality by vhel (2/25/11 4:27 AM) reply + / -
Please help... still bad print quality even after several cleaning... always got gaps in the printed blocks... what might be the problem? please help....

Re: BROTHER DCP120C-BLACK IS UNABLE TO PRINT WELL by delegation (2/27/11 1:56 AM) reply + / -
can somebody tell me what to do about my dcp120, i can not achive a good printing on black (fainted), also have lines. But the rest of the colours are OK, i have cleaned it so many times it's not responding pls somebody should help me for solution. thanks

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by ghie (3/22/11 6:22 PM) reply + / -
wow,, it's working..thank you very much... yehey!

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by themoosepooman (4/16/11 4:10 AM) reply + / -
Brother dcp 135c

can anyone send pics or instructions on how to clean the bottom pads to stop the unable to clean error message?

i have found and cleaned the sponge under the scanner but the error message is still there and apparently there's a 2nd pad i need to find and clean too!!

Thanks

Scott

Re: BROTHER MFCP240C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by reneagde (5/3/11 7:21 PM) reply + / -
Please send me the procedure settings for purge and to correct unable to clean 46 error

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by theprinter (6/10/11 9:40 PM) reply + / -
Brother DCP130 Unable 4F not print.
Help me.

Re: BROTHER DCP165C- Init UNABLE 50 by Amarbk (6/11/11 12:53 AM) reply + / -
Please anybody tell me how to clear this error message "Init Unable 50" in Brother DCP-165C printer

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO PRINT by emisj (6/13/11 7:23 PM) reply+1 + / -
Need help about my Brother DCP 130C printer. I was able to reset print by following the reset instruction. However, I still cant print anything. Just blank. Ink level showed low volume even cartridge still full.. Csn anyone help me with this!!!!!...

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by emisj (6/13/11 7:53 PM) reply + / -
Need help about my Brother DCP 130C printer. I was able to reset my printer by following the reset instruction. However, I still cant print anything. Just blank page everytime I print. Also, Ink level showed low volume even cartridge still full.. I would appreciate anyones help!!!!!...

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by emisj (6/13/11 7:53 PM) reply + / -
Need help about my Brother DCP 130C printer. I was able to reset my printer by following the reset instruction. However, I still cant print anything. Just blank page everytime I print. Also, Ink level showed low volume even cartridge still full.. I would appreciate anyones help!!!!!...

Re: BROTHER DCP135C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by robsondesign (6/16/11 7:56 PM) reply + / -
please help...

Please send me the procedure settings for purge and to correct unable to clean 46 error

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Juls (8/14/11 7:30 AM) reply + / -
Can someone give me the DCP 130c resetter becuase i keep getting clean 46 . Please send it in my email: jul_abs2@yahoo.com.au

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by whintampz (8/14/11 7:47 PM) reply + / -
Error 46 on Brother printers
Resetting purge counter:

1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.

FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).

Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).

2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).

3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.

4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.

5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.

6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by perron (8/25/11 9:13 AM) reply + / -
my printer still will not CLEAN or PRINT.

Unable to Clean; is the message.

all the cartridges are new.

still will not clean thus will not allow me to print.

Re: BROTHER DCP165C by BENNIE2011 (10/10/11 8:42 AM) reply + / -
How can I reset the ink of brother model dpc-165C. Monitor is displaying cannot detect black ink when in fact I already reinstal all the ink. please help. thank you

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by vinson (10/12/11 2:47 AM) reply + / -
how to rest the dcp-130 printer

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by oishavsmith (10/12/11 5:25 AM) reply + / -
hI ,

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME REPLY for it.......
which is the following search engine or directories provides the directory search result for yahoo?

window live
yahoo directory
google
wikipedia
dmoz

http://www.saree.se/

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by cez (10/20/11 12:55 AM) reply + / -
hi guys, please help me with my printer, dcp195c...unable to clean 50 error

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by bangkit (10/26/11 8:15 AM) reply + / -
maybe you can find a solution on the printer on this printer blog, good luck !!

http://modifprinter.blogspot.com

Re: BROTHER DCP120C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by guybagnall (11/9/11 9:40 AM) reply + / -
Hi - I have cleaned the ink pads, both, reset purge and flush to zero and it worked for a while before showing Machine Error 5A which I can't seem to get rid of despite repeating all the above several times. It makes a little whirring wimpish sound after giving the 100% Normal message and then returns to the Unable to Print message with '5A' error accompanied by flashing red exclamation mark and photo capture. Any kind suggestions to solve this persistent problem - it only occurred after the printer was inadvertently left on for a week and was fine before that after purge number 1. Regards

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by guybagnall (11/11/11 8:29 AM) reply + / -
Hi - I have cleaned the ink pads, both, reset purge and flush to zero and it worked for a while before showing Machine Error 5A which I can't seem to get rid of despite repeating all the above several times. It makes a little whirring wimpish sound after giving the 100% Normal message and then returns to the Unable to Print message with '5A' error accompanied by flashing red exclamation mark and photo capture. Any kind suggestions to solve this persistent problem - it only occurred after the printer was inadvertently left on for a week and was fine before that after purge number 1. Regards

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by guybagnall (11/11/11 8:31 AM) reply + / -

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by mr sad (11/16/11 7:31 AM) reply + / -
How to reset brother dcp135c??

Re: BROTHER DCP184 error 7A by cerelina (1/24/12 5:26 PM) reply + / -
Hi everybody! How can I troubleshoot my brother printer dcp185 that it always appears "no paper fed" and with red flush although papers already fed on the tray? and how to remove this message error "7A"?
please help me....I'm already depressed...Thanks! God bless us!

Re: BROTHER DCP185 error 7A by cerelina (1/24/12 5:30 PM) reply + / -
Hi everybody! How can I troubleshoot my brother printer dcp185 that it always appears "no paper fed" and with red flush although papers already fed on the tray? and how to remove this message error "7A"?
please help me....I'm already depressed...Thanks! God bless us!

Re: BROTHER DCP185 error 7A by cerelina (1/24/12 5:33 PM) reply-1 + / -
hi everybody! Do I have to reset the error 7A in dcp185? how? please help me...thanks! God bless us!

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Monoxey (2/7/12 12:04 AM) reply + / -
Thank you! This worked for me! I have a Brother MFC5480CN and your instructions still worked for me. I had to use different buttons for OK and MONO, but I figured it out. I'm still going to buy a new printer because it's time and I don't want ink to overflow. But I can still fax and scan and emergency print until my new printer arrives. THANK YOU!

Re: BROTHER DCP135C-UNABLE TO CLEAN ERROR 51 by broprobs (2/11/12 4:14 PM) reply + / -
Reset Purge counter as described in above posts but proved ineffective against Error 51. Eventually fixed the problem which turned out to be mechanical and relating to gear system of cleaning unit.
The Fix :
Remove the unit from the printer ( 3 screws, 2 pipes and 1 electrical connection ). You will then find amongst the gears on the underside of the unit a swinging arm which carries a transfer gear which moves between the Pump gear and the Distributor gear. When the drive input to the cleaning unit is clockwise the arm moves in one direction ( say pump) and when the drive is anti-clockwise it moves in the other direction (say distributor). With my printer the shaft that the arm swings on was gummed up with waste ink which had found its way there, stopping it moving freely. I found it necessary to remove the arm and gear off the shaft and then clean all parts thoroughly in order to get a lasting fix ( just using an aerosol cleaner with the parts still in situ only freed the arm temporarily. ( I don't know if it matters which way up it goes, but the gear under the arm has a little slot on the side nearest the arm on my machine ) Good Luck !

Re: BROTHER DCP 185c-UNABLE TO CLEAN by nesvelin (3/12/12 5:51 PM) reply + / -
saan ko makikita ang maintenace mode nya

Re: Re: BROTHER DCP120C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Princess Low (4/10/12 10:26 PM) reply + / -
hi.. =) my printer model is DCP-135C which also doesn't have any numeric keypad. can u tell me how u reset your printer..? thanks..=)

Re: BROTHER MFC 295 CN-INIT 48 by Piyush Gohil (5/7/12 2:08 AM) reply + / -
hello ,

My Printer MFC-295 CN is in the error found and error is init 48

so what is the problem in the printer . so please solved the printer problem. i am wait for your reply.

thanks,

Piyush Gohil

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by Niall (5/10/12 12:23 PM) reply + / -
Just used the instructions below to fix my DCP 120C

pull out the AC plug
- put back the AC plug while holding down the “menu” button and keep holding it (15 sec)
- now you are entering the MAINTENANCE mode and “error 46” pops up in the display
- select 8 by using the arrow buttons ,push OK and select 0 and push OK
- 00:00 00:01 OK (the display is showing this message)
- now push the MONO button 25 times until you see PURGE: xxxxx
- Select 2, push ok, select 7,push ok,select 8,push ok, select 3,push ok
- ready to print

Thanks very, very much

Niall

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN 46 by dvdx (11/24/12 8:30 AM) reply + / -
tnx a lot it helps anonymous!!!!!!

Re: BROTHER MFC-J415W UNABLE TO INIT. 48 by sex1788 (2/15/13 11:13 PM) reply + / -
Anyone have idea how to fix the BROTHER MFC-J415W printer which received "UNABLE TO INIT. 48" error? Had tried reset purge and flush counter. But everytime power up still receive such an error.
Observe that is no movement on the print head at all. Really need Guru help here....appreciate if who can give some other advice to try. Thanks.

Re: BROTHER DCP130C-UNABLE TO CLEAN by prashantwadhekar (5/31/13 2:21 AM) reply + / -
unable to clean

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters