fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Brother DCP-120c - Machine Error 5A

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Brother DCP-120c - Machine Error 5A by d4nnyt (1/24/08 11:56 AM) reply + / -
Previously had error code 46, I fixed this problem following some good (but fragmented) instructions from this site.

I have put the printer back together but it sounds a bit different. It won't print anything it just says "Unable to init", I looked this up by switching it off then on whilst holding the menu key. It says "Machine Error 5A".

Can anyone help as to what this means or how I could fix it.

Thanks,
Danny.

Re: Brother DCP-120c - Machine Error 5A by MyCsPiTTa (5/19/08 1:56 PM) reply + / -
I've got the same problem with my Brother MFC-210c. Fixed error 46 with a new ink absorber tank and reset the counter. Got it printing, though the lines were blurred and letters stacked up. Then got Error 5A.

I found this on FixYa:
http://www.fixya.com/support/t335119-error_5a

I doubt I'll make any further moves to fix the unit as I got given it for free anyway. Disappointing to note that this unit was almost new (all ink tanks were still over 80% full!) The consensus seems to be - "don't buy a Brother". Then again, I also hear the same but substitute the word Brother with HP, Canon, Lexmark, etc etc etc.

Re: Brother MFC-295CN - Machine Error 5A by awdhesh verma (1/23/11 10:00 PM) reply + / -
PLEASE WRITE SOLUTION

Re: brother dcp-6690 by ahmed_fadhil (2/1/11 8:57 AM) reply + / -
i've got brother inkjet dcp-6690 has ERR UNABLE TO CLEAN 5A
please can sombody help with this with high appreciation

Re: Brother DCP-120c - Machine Error 5A by vhel (2/25/11 5:47 AM) reply + / -
Same problem Brother DCP 15-C

Re: Re: Brother DCP-120c - Machine Error 5A by jimener (6/26/11 4:39 AM) reply + / -
After I have read your message I decided that the machine was broken so what the hell. So I opened it again and start to move some things a little bit because I thought that When I changed the ink box I did something wrong. I had hear a little noise before as everybody so I thought it was broken. Anyway I put everything in place again and the noise disappeared. Then I pressed menu for 15 sec while plugging it. I pressed 8, ok and 0 ok. Then I pressed the mono start button until I found something that said error 5A (you find it after purge), then I pressed 2 ok 7 ok 8 ok and 3 ok. The error disappeared and the printer started to clean and to work normally. I am not an technician I just thought that the printer was broken so I tried everything. Otherwise I had to throw the printer out. Hope this helped.

Re: Brother DCP-J125 - Machine Error 5A by aadi (4/29/12 6:33 AM) reply + / -
Machine Error 5A

Re: Brother DCP-120c - Machine Error 5A by Indonesiaa !!! (7/8/13 10:11 AM) reply + / -
Please help me ...my printer has showing 'machine error 5A' ,then im fix from maintenance mode until 8 times and it showing again and dont be dissapear :( please help me ...
i have many task and i must print my task quickly !

Re: Brother DCP-120c - unit fault by seanlabel (6/19/14 1:58 AM) reply + / -
hi i cleaned out my ink tubes and is now reassembled but it is saying unit fault can anyone help me please!

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters