fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Ricoh CL2000 SC441 Error & Thumping

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Ricoh CL2000 SC441 Error & Thumping by shackrat (11/14/07 8:31 PM) reply + / -
We have a sick Ricoh CL2000 color laser that is now giving an error when powered up.

The printer powers up, "thumps" three times, displays "warming up" on the LCD, "thumps" again, then displays error SC441 and asks to power cycle. It's dead at this point.

Interestingly, if I interrupt the printer at the "warming up" stage by opening the font door, or toner access panel, the printer will go into calibration and display an error about the color PCU. At this point the error light stays on but the printer will function fine, but will NOT print in color.

According to my error code chart, SC441 indicates Development Motor Lock / Drum Peripheral Component Motor Lock.

The printer is out of warranty by about a year, and the killer is that it only has 2,690 pages and is still on the starter cartridges. It sat in a part-timers office and was only used a couple times a month. I have to get this fixed or replaced but management is hesitant to allow another Ricoh in the building because of this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters