hp photosmart d7 100 series
| Post to this thread Post a new message thread|
|hp photosmart d7 100 series by nikkie (8/28/07 6:55 PM) reply|| + / -|
|brand new ink and it says ink system has failed unable to print, refer to printer documentation error: oxc18a0106???? what does that mean? some one please help yhank you|
|Re: hp photosmart d7 100 series by anilszone (12/8/07 8:50 PM) reply|| + / -|
|Issue Cause: |
The is related to the physical condition or the All-in-One unit. However, I suggest you to perform the following steps.
1. Press the On button to turn the printer off.
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
3. Remove all the ink cartridges.
4. Wait two minutes.
5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.
6. Press the On button to turn the printer on.
7. Install the ink cartridges when prompted.
If the error code does not display, the issue is resolved.
NOTE: Clicking the links may give an error indicating it is invalid. If this occurs, copy the portion of the address on the remaining line(s) and paste it at the end of the address showing in your browser until the complete address is displayed in the Address box.
Now, check the functionality, if the issue persists, please perform the below steps.
ACTION ‚?? Allow Unit to Warm Up AND Reset IDS Hardware Failure by downloading update patch
from the link given below.
NOTE: Clicking the links may give an error indicating itis invalid. If this occurs, copy the portion of the address on the remaining line(s) and paste it at the end of the address showing in your browser until the complete address is displayed in the Address box.
After opening the above webpage, click on "download only" and save the file to your desktop
NOTE: try only ONCE to recover the unit
Perform the below steps from the front panel of the All-in-one.
1. Get the unit into the ‚??Support Menu‚?Ě by following the steps below according with theproduct,Perform the steps from the front panel of the All-in-one.
A. - Press and hold the ‚??left arrow‚?Ě key.
B. - Press the ‚??Setup‚?Ě key and release both keys.
Display should say ‚??Enter Special Key Combo‚?Ě
C. - Press and release the ‚??OK‚?Ě button
Display should say ‚??Support‚?Ě and display the FW rev (something like R0616R)
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says ‚??System Configuration Menu‚?Ě.
3. Press and release the ‚??OK‚?Ě button.
4. Display should say ‚??Hardware failure status‚?Ě. If not there already, Arrow Key over to ‚??Hardware failure status‚?Ě,
5. Press and release the ‚??OK‚?Ě button.
6. Display should say ‚??Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear‚?Ě.
7. Press and release the ‚??OK‚?Ě Button. Message changes to ‚??Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue‚?Ě.
8. Press and release the ‚??CANCEL‚?Ě button as many times as necessary, so that, either the ‚??Welcome to Photosmart Express‚?Ě screen appears, or, the ‚??Ink System Failure‚?Ě screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message ‚??USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER‚?Ě followed by ‚??PRESS OK TO CONTINUE‚?Ě. Press OK. The Printer will start the ‚??ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS‚?Ě. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
13. If the error is still there, or reoccurs the unit need to be serviced.
Post to this thread:
|© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters|