fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Dell 3100CN Replace Black Cartridge

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Dell 3100CN Replace Black Cartridge by Stephen (8/23/07 6:56 PM) reply + / -
I took a look at a Dell printer today, it was recently moved, and toner had spilled.

After being moved it had a replace black toner message, (I might not be quoting exactly).

The toner felt empty compared to a new one, so I replaced it, and am still getting a replace black toner message.

I have no manuals on this one, and no experience, heck I'm tempted to tell them to throw it out and buy a HP CLJ2600.

Any suggestions welcomed.

(I did vacuum up some spilled toner)

Re: Dell 3100CN Replace Black Cartridge by Xerox Tech (8/23/07 8:31 PM) reply + / -
i think that is a xerox box inside that pretty black skin. i will look up some troubleshooting for you tomorrow and email it to you.

Re: Dell 3100CN Replace Black Cartridge by hbrohi (8/24/07 8:39 AM) reply + / -
I'm having the same exact problem. I was called in as tech support to look at this printer. It's a Dell Laser Printer 3100cn. The error message I'm getting on it is "Insert TonerCart 093-973" and then flashes to "Insert Black Toner" and does that over and over. The Black Toner was just replaced recently, and I checked it to make sure it was full. I opened up everything, took everything out, cleaned it up pretty good, replaced everything, and same thing occurs. Any ideas on this? We may just order a new printer, but I'd like to get this all fixed up. Please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Dell 3100CN Replace Black Cartridge by comrep (9/21/07 10:33 AM) reply + / -
Has anyone figured this out yet? I have a service call on one that is doing the same thing. They use Dell cartridges and have replaced the black two times only to have the "change black toner" persist. Thanks for any help. Scott

Re: Dell 3100CN Replace Black Cartridge by hbrohi (9/21/07 11:11 AM) reply + / -
same... no luck yet on fixing this. i've tried just about everything, and dell tech support aren't able to help me...

Re: Dell 3100CN Replace Black Cartridge by Texas Blues (10/31/07 8:52 AM) reply + / -
Same problem here. I also noticed that when a full black toner is installed, and ran (at least long enough for the black toner message to reappear) there is alot of toner buildup on the left side of the toner cartridge and developer. The black toner piles so high that it spills over. Not sure why its doing that. Anybody found a solution to the "install black toner" message? Thanks

Re: Dell 3100CN Replace Black Cartridge by Texas Blues (10/31/07 8:54 AM) reply + / -
Same problem here. I also noticed that when a full black toner is installed, and ran (at least long enough for the black toner message to reappear) there is alot of toner buildup on the left side of the toner cartridge and developer. The black toner piles so high that it spills over. Not sure why its doing that. Anybody found a solution to the "install black toner" message? Thanks

Re: Dell 3100CN Replace Black Cartridge by Zudy (10/6/08 11:47 AM) reply + / -
Hello, we had a service call for the same error and the guy said that the developer was bad and that is not cheap. You are better off just getting a new printer he said. Hope this helps.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters