fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

brother HL-2040 toner reset

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

brother HL-2040 toner reset by indigoblue (7/19/07 9:39 AM) reply + / -
hi there, I have refilled my cartridges for my brother HL 2040 a few times with no problems. today, now the toner light comes on and no printing. I did a little research and found something about a flag gear. not sure why NOW it has become an issue when I have done one refill per cartridge previously. Can someone help with the toner light?

Also can anyone tell me if the TN-570 with a bigger volume is compatible with my 2040?

thanks Dolls!

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by vwra (7/31/07 9:50 AM) reply + / -
See detailed instructions for "reset" of toner cartridge "reset gear".

www.oasis-imaging.com/images/pdf/cart_inst/BrotherTN670.pdf

If this is the ORIGINAL cartridge shipped with new printer there is no reset gear and you will have to buy one & rebuild cartridge to add the gear.

good luck

vwra

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by Anonymous (4/27/08 7:19 PM) reply + / -

Re: brother HL-2040 full printer reset by romani masoud (10/27/09 9:43 AM) reply + / -
i have a problem on printer brather hl-2040.\r\nthe paper light in on so i think the problem on the fuser unit so i unplug{disconnect} the fuser unit and i turn the printer on and i got a new error message all the lights are blinking {toner,drum,paper,ready}and i understand the printer need a reset

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by gaapaa@yahoo.com (12/7/09 9:45 AM) reply + / -

How do I reset the Brother HL-2040 printer after I have bought a new toner/drum package? The store told me I had to reset the printer before I can use the new cartridge.
I can't find any instructions anywhere.
Anyone out the who can help?

Thanks.

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by Romani Masoud (12/8/09 12:02 PM) reply + / -
• Brother ML-2040 Toner Light Reset
When replacing the toner cartridge in the Brother HL-2040 with a new cartridge (compatible or remanufactured) the user may experience a problem with the toner light staying on, even with the new toner installed. The procedure below has worked for many folks, so give it a shot.
Open the front cover of the Brother HL-2040 and leave open while completing the following steps:
1.) Turn the printer off.
2.) Hold the ‘go’ button while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
3.) Release the ‘go’ button once all lights are off.
4. )Press the ‘go’ button 2 times.
5.) Pause.
6.) Press the ‘go’ button 5 times.
7.) The toner light should be off.
8.) The paper light should be on.
9.) Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
Once all steps are successfully completed your “low toner” light should be fixed.

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by dhstraayer (4/7/10 10:00 AM) reply + / -
I've got two problems with Romani Masoud's otherwise superb posting.
1. it says "ML-2040", not "HL-2040"
2. When I try it on my HL-2040, following the instructions carefully, step "3)" never works, because the lights never go off, no matter how long I hold the 'go' button. My finger got pretty tired trying.

Any suggestions? Maybe I'm misinterpreting the instructions.

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by David Etling (4/7/10 2:12 PM) reply + / -
From Brother Service Bulletin

1. Open the Front cover
2. Press and hold the GO button
3. Power ON the printer while continuing to hold the GO button
4. Once the 3 LED’s are lit, release the GO button
5. Press the GO button 2 times. This will cause the LED’s to light solid
6. With the LED’s lit solid, press the GO button 5 times
7. Toner Life End will then reset
8. Close the front cover.

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by Anonymous (4/19/10 7:26 PM) reply + / -
kalau led ready nyala normal..tapi ngga mau ngeprint apanya yah...udah direset tapi tet ngga mau

Re: Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by Anonymous (4/20/10 1:36 AM) reply + / -
Kenapa pakai Bahasa Indonesia?

Re: Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by jec (8/25/11 1:48 PM) reply + / -
You're the greatest!!! Use my HL 2040 for ministries and couldn't get the toner light to quit flashing. Your solution worked the first time.

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by weegan (10/14/11 12:48 AM) reply + / -
I refilled my HL 2040 with carbon from a IBM old cartrige.
Printing was lousy, and light stayed on.
Followed instructions , and presto.
I am now a happy Vegemite. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Re: brother HL-2040CDN Toner problems by bbmime (12/30/11 6:42 AM) reply + / -
We've installed new toners in our Brother HL-4040CDN printer. The black works - but the cyan leaves blotches and the red and yellow colours are very pale. We've tried recallibrating but the problem is still there. Please help. Thanks.

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by Ali J (2/22/12 3:06 AM) reply + / -
I tried this several times and it still doesn't work - I am ready to throw the printer out the window!!!Ahhhhhhh Help

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by dennisn704 (12/16/12 2:26 PM) reply + / -
Turn the printer off.
2.) Hold the ‘go’ button while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
5.) Pause.
Once all steps are successfully completed your “low toner” light should be fixed.

My advice may be late because I just recently purchased my printer and experienced the same toner problem. I was misinterpreting rule 3: "Release the ‘go’ button once all lights are off"; I think it should read: "Release the ‘go’ button then all lights will go off."

That's what worked for me. You can hold the 'go' button for eternity and the LEDs will NOT go off. I hope my interpretaion of rule 3 helps someone.

Re: brother HL-2040 toner reset by dennisn704 (12/16/12 2:29 PM) reply + / -
Turn the printer off.
5.) Pause.

My advice may be late because I just recently purchased my printer and experienced the same toner problem. I was misinterpreting rule 3: "Release the ‘go’ button once all lights are off"; I think it should read: "Release the ‘go’ button then all lights will go off."

That's what worked for me. You can hold the 'go' button for eternity and the LEDs will NOT go off. I hope my interpretaion of rule 3 helps someone.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters