fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP Laserjet 5000n 50.1 Fuser Error

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP Laserjet 5000n 50.1 Fuser Error by Steve F (6/26/07 2:34 PM) reply + / -
Our HP Laserjet 5000n began displaying a 50.1 Fuser Error today. I am assuming this means that the quartz fusing lamp has gone bad. I would like to test the fuser but am unsure of which fuser model the 5000n uses. I have pulled out the fuser assembly yet it does not look like any of the models posted on your site. The part number located on the fuser is RG5-4967. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: HP Laserjet 5000n 50.1 Fuser Error by dmzcompute (6/26/07 2:39 PM) reply + / -
This fuser uses a ceramic heating element and unless you can find a source for one you have to replace the whole fuser assembly.

Re: HP Laserjet 5000n 50.1 Fuser Error by moe (6/26/07 3:14 PM) reply + / -
You don't really need to replace the whole assembly, you can replace just the fixing heater part as it is available separately. That does involve disassembling the fuser. We do have a fuser disassembly video. There isn't much of a saving, considering the labor involved.

Re: HP Laserjet 5000n 50.1 Fuser Error by Steve F (6/27/07 6:17 AM) reply + / -
Which fuser does the 5000n use? I want to test the fuser but am unsure of which contacts to measure and what the readings should be.

Re: Re: HP Laserjet 5000n 50.1 Fuser Error by Anonymous (6/27/07 1:35 PM) reply + / -
Which fuser does the 5000n use? I want to test the fuser but am unsure of which contacts to measure and what the readings should be.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters