fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by writingfriend (6/5/07 11:55 AM) reply + / -
I bought a compatible Dell printer cartridge and it was working fine and now it gives me an error message of 1203. Can anyone tell me what that means? And, what I need to do?

Thanks,
Linda

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by HugoSchmidt (6/10/07 7:29 PM) reply + / -
I had the same issue and found this.

http://www.dellcommunity.com

Re: Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by Anonymous (6/15/08 5:07 PM) reply + / -
I found if you cover a copper contact on the color cartridge the erroe clears and the cartridge works. looking from the contact side for the color cartridhe 2nd row contact 2 from the left. I found if I use an ohm meter from 2nd to 3rd contact I measure 119 ohms. I believe that is a shorted cartridge. If you bought it New I would get it replaced. I use a SMALL square piece of Scotch tape.
frank

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 - Lexmark by swampbug (edited 6/16/08 8:33 PM) reply + / -
Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203.
I found if you cover a copper contact on the color cartridge the error clears and the cartridge works. Looking from the contact side for the color cartridge 2nd row contact 2 from the left. I found if I use an ohm meter from 2nd to 3rd contact I measure 119 ohms. I believe that is a shorted cartridge. If you bought it New I would get it replaced. I use a SMALL square piece of Scotch tape. I believe this will work on Lexmark printers.
frank

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by mattlaing (8/21/08 8:36 PM) reply + / -
this worked for me..thanks

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by yay (3/1/10 11:58 PM) reply + / -
It worked for me, thanks!

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by echarles (6/26/10 7:36 AM) reply + / -
This worked for me too, awesome! Many thanks

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by Rose Mcvay (9/20/10 8:05 AM) reply + / -
I wrote yesterday about the error message I saw on my printer.
It says, "Cartridge Error #1203" Consult Owners Manual.

I would appreciate it if you can help me to correct this error.
I do not have the Owners Manual but would like to repaie this
error. This is the second Cartridge that I have replaced and
the printer still does not print but tells me the error.
Please help.

rosemcvay@comcast.net.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by ReelDeel (1/7/11 5:11 PM) reply + / -
My parents Dell 926 printer had a cartridge error 1203 just a few days after the black cartridge was replaced with a new one. The 1203 error message would display a diagram of both the black and the color cartridges, but the black cartridge diagram had a (?) in its center (which means that the printer could not identify the cartridge.

What this really boiled down to was that the new black cartridge was improperly manufactured at the factory. The only viable solution was to replace the black cartridge again with still another new black cartridge. The second new black cartridge immediately cleared the error.

I would imagine that if the 1203 error instead showed a (?) in the center of the color cartridge diagram, a new color cartridge would have also cleared the error.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by ReelDeel (1/7/11 5:48 PM) reply + / -
My parents Dell 926 printer had a cartridge error 1203 just a few days after the black cartridge was replaced with a new one. The 1203 error message would display a diagram of both the black and the color cartridges, but the black cartridge diagram had a (?) in its center (which means that the printer could not identify the cartridge).

What this really boiled down to was that the new black cartridge was improperly manufactured at the factory. The only viable solution was to replace the black cartridge again with still another new black cartridge. The second new black cartridge immediately cleared the error.

I would imagine that if the 1203 error instead showed a (?) in the center of the color cartridge diagram, a new color cartridge would have also cleared the error.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by wierdrandomdudelolwt (7/15/11 1:36 PM) reply + / -
My Dell AIO 926 just shows: ERROR 1203. none of the abovementioned solutions worked:(

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by tonyo (10/11/11 9:32 AM) reply + / -
I had this error after replacing my black cartridge. I cleaned off the copper contacts on the cartridge and the cartridge recepticle and the error cleared and it works fine>

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by ReelDeel (10/13/11 7:13 PM) reply + / -
Yes, that's the first thing that one must do in correcting the 1203 error. You were fortunate, but I had to order an additional new black ink cartridge to eliminate the error.

Re: Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by ReelDeel (10/13/11 7:20 PM) reply + / -
They would almost have to work. It boils down to two things. Either the cartridge contacts or sockets are dirty (and need to be cleaned), or a new cartridge has to be ordered. The 1203 error message should show which cartridge is giving the trouble---highlighted by a "?" mark.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by YoyoMa33 (1/4/12 11:33 AM) reply + / -
I had the same error and despite all the cleanings nothing worked

I just opened a new ink cartridge, put it in, pulled out the printer plug for 1 min and the error was gone. printer printed an alignment page and all was fine.

Good luck!

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by DianeAP (1/14/12 3:59 PM) reply + / -
I just had error code 1203 (cartridge error - short in cartridge)on my Dell 946 printer using a Black Series 8 cartridge that had been working fine for a month. Luckily I had a spare cartridge. I installed it and it worked fine. I purchased my cartridge from Dell and called them to request a replacement. They are sending one.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by andimichaels (edited 3/12/12 7:10 AM) reply+1 + / -
Dell printers are usually vulnerable to that error , experienced users might have noticed this.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by Charlie11850 (3/19/12 7:07 AM) reply + / -
I have a Photo 964 and it has been working fine since I purchased the expensive DELL cartridges - until today. I did work fine and then stopped printing and gave me the #1203 error. What I don't understand is that it did print a beautiful test copy page - in full color - but won't print anything else. I have tried everything suggested on this site - except replacing the defective (?) cartridges with new ones. I can buy another printer for what I would have to pay for new cartridges! Any ideas? Thanks, Charlie

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by ReelDeel (3/19/12 7:47 AM) reply + / -
I think that you will just wind up purchasing another cartridge to replace the one that is causing the #1203 error. The cartridge that's creating the error will be highlighted by a (?) which means that the printer can not identify that cartridge.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by krashthrills (10/16/12 10:54 PM) reply + / -
At least you guys gave it a go with some MacGyver like solutions. Unlike that faggot of the year candidate rock star rick on the dell forum. I would like to kill him emotionally and spit in his face.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by Puppy Dog LIps (10/16/12 11:01 PM) reply + / -
My friend Anthony Mandich told me about this fix of yours with the scotch tape and shit. LOL I'm glad that I listened to him because this fucked up nigger rigged solution actually works quite well.

A big shout out to Anthony Mandich for informing me of this and doing the google research for me because I was tearing my hair out and getting so incredibly frustrated.

A big huge "SUCK IT" to Dell and Lexmark for not having an internet location which meticulously breaks down every single possible error message that a user may see on the screen and explains what the realistic and accurate way to proactiveley do something positive to resolve the issue. The money wasted on their piece of shit printer is not even the issue that troubles and frustrates me.

It is the time wasted! Those precious hours, minutes, seconds which are the most valuable commodities a human being has on the planet earth in this life........

I absolutely abhor wasting time on fruitless internet searches for unsolvable problems by Fortune 500 companies who choose to be deliberately obtuse, misleading and vague in the hopes of getting you to spend money that you should never have to spend on technical support or some other such bullshit.

I hate you Dell. I hope you die.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by J. Lexi Rae (12/3/12 10:37 AM) reply + / -
I hear ya Puppy Dog Lips! Ever since my "ex" brought a dell this and a dell that there has been nothing but problems in my home: from the daily ink error msgs to the loud fan on the desktop! I believe DELL has contributed to at least 2% of our divorce! this is my very first cyber communication- how'd i do;) P.S. My Samsung is beautiful- no loud fan noise. Still dealing w/ dell printer until i can get a new one....

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by scaramanga1 (12/18/13 11:13 AM) reply + / -
DELL Printer is absolute Shit. Never works without loads of hassle, scanning has always been hardwork and cartridges are expensive and dont work for long before need replacing.

WIL NEVER BUY AGAIN>>>>>>>

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by inspired (6/26/14 6:05 AM) reply + / -
Thanks for a great tip, it worked for me. I found it easier to apply TipEx correction fluid than to cut out and affix such a tiny square.

Re: Dell All-in-One Printer Cartridge Error 1203 by johnsondell (7/31/14 12:34 AM) reply + / -
For Free Dell Printer Tech Support Contact Us: 1-800-935-0537
http://global-printer-support.net/

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters