fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by Reagan Azuelo (5/21/07 8:31 AM) reply + / -
Hello Nugz!

I'm Reagan Azuelo from the Philippines.

Thanks a lot for your help in solving Waste Ink Full problem in my Canon Pixma iP1000.

Here's what i did from your post:

Step A. Cleaned first the waste ink absorber pad inside the printer (The waste ink absorber pad is found at the basement of the printer).

Step B. Manual for Service mode:
1. Unplug POWER and USB cables.
2. PRESS and HOLD the POWER button,
3. Connect the POWER cable.
3. Release the the POWER button
4. Power ON your printer as usual (It should not blinking anymore).

Step C. Software for Permanant:
1. Reconnect the USB cable and turn ON your Printer
2. Open "General Tools for iP1500",
http://www.printersiam.com/data/download/iP1500%20Service%20Tool.zip
3. Select (USB PORT)
4. Choose CLEAR WASTE INK COUNTER - MAIN
5. Choose CLEAR WASTE INK COUNTER - PLATEN

It should be working because my printer now is working normally.

Thanks for this forum. I hope my post could also help others with the same printer problem of mine.

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by foggo1 (7/27/08 8:12 PM) reply + / -
the manual bit worked great for my canon pixma iP1000. thanks for the advice.

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by Reagan Azuelo (9/25/08 7:32 AM) reply + / -
This is the corrected procedure for Waste Ink Full problem with Canon Pixma iP1000.

My problem with Waste Ink Full of my iP1000 happened again on September 25, 2008. My POWER LED is blinking alternately from Green to Orange. I follow "Step C" only, however, nothings happened and the "General Tools for iP1500" hang-up. I then finally knew that "Step C" will not work if the POWER LED is still blinking from Green to Orange. The POWER LED should be steady as GREEN in order to perform Step C. So carefully follow the procedure from Step A to Step C.

Step A. Cleaned first the waste ink absorber pad inside the printer (The waste ink absorber pad is found at the basement of the printer). You have to disassemble the printer in order to clean the absorber pad.

Step B. Manual for Service mode:
1. Unplug POWER and USB cables.
2. PRESS and HOLD the POWER button,
3. Connect the POWER cable.
3. Release the the POWER button
4. Power ON your printer as usual (It should not blinking anymore).

Step C. Software for Permanent:
1. Reconnect the USB cable.
2. Open "General Tools for iP1500",
http://www.printersiam.com/data/download/iP1500%20Service%20Tool.zip
3. Select (USB PORT)
4. Choose CLEAR WASTE INK COUNTER - MAIN
5. Choose CLEAR WASTE INK COUNTER - PLATEN

It should be working because my printer now is working normally.

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by abhijith (12/5/08 6:07 PM) reply + / -
thankyou it worked ...tnx alot!!

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by dhan (6/26/09 10:20 AM) reply + / -
thanks pare,,, galing talaga mga pinoy

thax Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by Rislan (9/22/09 11:51 PM) reply + / -
i got correct answer for printer,, printer is working perfectly..

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by Yuda Potter (10/26/09 2:53 AM) reply + / -
Hi, I got the same problem and your article really helped me alot thx. But stupid me I raised a new problem! I curiously disassemble my canon pixma ip1000, just to see what the ink waste absorber looked like. (the part in the bottom right,below catridge). But it turned out this small white colored plastic thigs was accidentally dispatched from main part (the part which is connected to a spring). Please tell me how to reassemble i.t Thanks

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by yappy (12/16/09 4:31 AM) reply + / -
Hi Yuda, I met with the same problem, the spring can be connected back to one end of the white plastic and the other end to the bottom of the printer - below cartridge (look for a small hook-like structure on the side). The absorber pad has 3 pointed 'poles-like' structure: 1 sits into the slot of the white plastic thingy and 1 sits into the slot at the side of the printer. The last one sits into a slot at the opposite end. With careful placing and examination, it can be fit back. Took me quite a while, but now everything is running. Thank you guys!

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by Anonymous (3/5/10 6:20 AM) reply + / -
i try the procedure carefully but still nothing happen T_T

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by loz66.91 (5/16/10 6:31 PM) reply + / -
Hi,

Thnkx alot..i followed your steps and it works for my printer

loz

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by broemil (5/22/10 4:53 AM) reply + / -
I was able to fix the same problem. But later another problem occurs, MY PRINTER DOES NOT PRINT, IT ONLY TAKES PAPER HALF AND THEN EJECT THE WHOLE PAGE. Please h e l p m e......!

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by Rath (9/22/10 11:44 PM) reply + / -
My ink tank showed full I took all bits and cleaned including peeling back white strip under the machine(under ink pads)in case any ink there. All back together orange light off all seems to be working out comes the paper BLANK. Have buggered my machine?

Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 PrinterHeadNotInstalled by Jeanne Visser (12/22/10 12:58 AM) reply + / -
Please help!! By following Reagan's advice, I solved the "Waste Ink Cartridge Full" message which popped onto the screen every time I tried to print, but since then all that has been happening is, I get a message which says "Print Head not installed" which of course is nonsense because it has never been removed. How do I bypass this obstacle, as I URGENTLY need to print?

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by xplod3 (3/2/12 5:20 AM) reply + / -
I had the same problem boys , i dissasambled my printer as well , i cleanead the waste pads , i followed the instruction to every step .... and the printer wasn't working at all ! And then a realised , maybe isn't the waste pads the problem ....

The real problem at my printer was was the structure what holds the catriges ... there i found a lot of dry ink .
If the problem persists after folowing the instructions , you can try this one too .

1. Open the front cover
2. Pull up the gray lever
3. Take out the structure from the printer and clean the 2 heads from the bottom
4. Put it back in after cleaning folow the initial instructions :

a. Unplug POWER and USB cables.
b. PRESS and HOLD the POWER button,
c. Connect the POWER cable.
d. Release the the POWER button
e. Power ON your printer as usual

Re: Solving Canon Pixma IP1000 Waste Ink Full by Jeanne Visser (3/2/12 5:41 AM) reply + / -
Hi everybody experiencing Canon waste ink / cartridges, etc, problems... thanks for the reply I got today (2/3/2012) but I was desperate to print on 22/12/2010, a mighty long time ago. How did I solve my problem ? I bought a new printer! (HP Officejet 6500A))

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters