fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Printer Repair Kits    Cartridges    Fusers    Specials    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by rolo (2/20/07 10:29 AM) reply + / -
i have a brother mfc 9700 that the drom was replaced but still says change drum soon. how can i reset the drum

Re: brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by moe (2/20/07 10:55 AM) reply + / -
Turn printer off, open the cartridge door. Turn power on. It will ask "new drum?" Press 1 for yes. It should reset.

Re: brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by Anonymous (3/8/07 1:49 PM) reply + / -
You can also open the cartridge door with the machine on and press the blue right arrow button to get the "Replace Drum" prompt. Press 1 to reset the count.

DS

Re: brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by enwimsatt (3/21/07 2:16 PM) reply + / -
You guys are WONDERFUL!!!! Even the Stupid Brother's manual didn't tell me how to do it right!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Re: brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by Anonymous (10/7/08 9:06 AM) reply + / -
I just ran across this suggestion on the web. I used the "blue right arrow" solution. Thanks guys!

Re: brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by Anonymous (10/7/08 9:29 PM) reply + / -
well if u read the instructions that cam with drum that tell u how to replace and reset the drum counter you would have been fine. the instructions are on a white or pink piece of paper. just need to learn to read =p

Re: brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by Anonymous (2/3/09 3:16 PM) reply + / -
Thanks, DS -- "You can also open the cartridge door with the machine on and press the blue right arrow button to get the "Replace Drum" prompt. Press 1 to reset the count."

Re: Re: brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by Anonymous (3/11/09 6:58 PM) reply + / -
Actually, the paper that came with the new drup is the first thing I checked, but it was incorrect. It said to press the Clear button to get the prompt, but the MFC-9700 has no Clear button. Obvious substitutes like Reset and Stop/Exit, didn't work. Nothing in the menus helped. The Help printout didn't help. The FAX back line is discontinued, the staff had gone home a half hour before, and the automated help had no helpful options. This posting worked. Thank you.

Re: Re: brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by Anonymous (8/6/09 12:20 PM) reply + / -
What a dip!

Re: Re: brother mfc 9700 change drum soon msg by gilberto araiza (11/12/11 6:47 PM) reply + / -
hola amigos quisiera que me icieran el favor de decirme como resetear el drum de una impresora brother mfc 9700 se los agradeceria mucho ayuda por favor

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters