fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

mirror image printing

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

mirror image printing by ztejhsaetgnws (2/6/07 6:30 PM) reply + / -
recently re-installed the printer driver for my HP 6110 All-in-one Printer. It prints fine from the PC it is connected to (via USB) but when I share the printer with another PC on my network...all the printing comes out in reverse? You have to hold the paper up to a mirror in order to read the text?

the mirror option inthe properties is not clicked this is not the problem, also deleting and reinstalling drivers does not fix have done it several times

Re: mirror image printing by barnaby1234 (2/10/07 11:23 PM) reply + / -
I have the same problem
I got it to work by deleting a bunch of registry keys on ONE machine, but the same fix does not seem to be working on the SECOND machine.
Same issue, recent reinstall, latest patches, works OK on local host, but on networked computers mirror image problem. No help on HP website.
I'm gonna scour the registry in the morning see if I cant scrub all the HP junk outta there.

Re: mirror image printing by Stephen (2/11/07 6:13 PM) reply + / -
Check the driver settings, look for a check box that turns mirror image printing on.

Re: mirror image printing by RichardT (10/18/07 1:55 AM) reply + / -
Hi
I run a network where we have dozens of printers, drivers and users. Recently we have bought some Laserjet 2015N laserprinters.

As soon as we installed the drivers for these on the server, one of our OfficeJet Pro K5400 printer started printing "mirrored".

There is a setting to choose to print this way, if you switch on the advanced features in the Printing Preferences/Advanced from the printer icon - but this is happening when we don't want it to.

It's only happened since installing the LJ 2015N drivers.

The print settings MUST be stored somewhere, prob. deep in the registry - but I haven't found it as yet.

Again, print drivers are very poorly written and cause more IT headaches.

If there are any other sufferers out there, please come and chat.

Regards
Richard

Re: Re: mirror image printing by RichardT (10/18/07 1:58 AM) reply + / -
Hi
I've problems with a shared network printer defaulting to "mirrored" printing.
Can you help by letting me know where in the registry you found the settings, as I can't see them [see thread below] - it's a OfficeJet Pro 5400.
This only started happening AFTER I installed a LaserJet P2015N driver on the server.
Printers eh !
Richard

Re: Re: mirror image printing by barnaby1234 (10/18/07 5:18 AM) reply + / -
Hi Richard.
I did get the problem fixed. I cannot tell you all the registry keys, nor do I know what is really happening, I can only tell you what I did, and what I think.
First, to respond to the poster who mentioned "There is a box to turn mirror printing on and off". Yes, there is, and that is not the problem being experienced here. This is not a user preference gone awry, or undiscovered user preference. This is a case where "all of a sudden" the print that WAS unmirrored is NOW mirrored.

Here's what I think the problem has to do with.
I think it has to do with an install of a new printer or de-install of an old printer, not cleaning up old registry entries.

Now, please pay attention here. I DO NOT KNOW ANY OF THIS FOR SURE. PLEASE BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY.

But here's what I did.
I searched the registry for "6100", as that was my HP machine type and I zapped any key that contained it (well not any key, I looked to see that it related to the HP6100. When you install the driver on the server, or (doenst have to be a "server) the local machine to the printer and there has been any HP machine before that, there is probably some "HP stuff" left over. Personally, I have been APPALLED at the HP software bloat, and my guess, is in all that bloat is the screwup.
So, basically, I scrubbed the driver registry entries to bare metal on the locally attached machine, and then reinstalled the "new drivers" for the "new machine".
This was just a baseline move. It did not change the networked printers from printing "mirrored".
When you install the drivers on a networked machine, it somehow copies (some) of those registry entries to the networked machine.
I went in and SCOURED each networked machine, removing ALL TRACES of HP6100 drivers whereever they lurked. It was really quite eye opening to me to see the NUMBER of instances, its as if every time the drivers were installed, it made a new copy. It took quite a while. Then the obligatory reboot, and then the "pristine" setup of the networked drivers. Poof! Problem solved.
So, I DID get the situation fixed. I resent having to spend time debugging THEIR software. My OWN, well, I expect that, but THEIRS? I don't like it. But, what are my choices.
Best of luck, RichardT, it's a chore, but doable. Its been a while now since I did it. I might have scoured for other identifiers besides 6100, but if you examine the presented registry key qualifiers, you might find other search ideas that allow you to find all the references you need to zap.
In my case, I only had a very simple situation with only an HP Ljet IV and a 6100. If there are a bunch of network installed HP's out there, it could be a real bear, as I would assume that there is some common code base...common to all HP, but that is just a guess. Anyway, my idea was to scrape ALL HP off to bare metal, and reinstall the LATEST driver by itself as the network attached machine AFTER scrubbing the locally-attached machine and installing ONLY the latest driver on THAT machine.
Hope you have success. Life is too short to have to spend it on stupid printer problems. Good Luck.
-b

Re: mirror image printing by Hasnsas (12/16/11 2:10 AM) reply + / -
Please Click the Start icon>>Control Panel>> click Add a Printer

Please follow the below steps from the computer to which the printer is connected directly.
Click Start >Right-click on My Computer (Host Computer where the printer is connected).
Select Properties.
Here you can find the 'Computer name' tab.
Note this Full Computer Name here.
Example: BAYDOOR
Share the host printer:
1. Click Start, Control Panel, then Printers and Faxes.
2. Right-click your HP Series printer icon, then select the Sharing option from the list.
3. Click on Sharing tab and enter a share name such as, PRINTER1.
4. Click on OK.

Now perform the steps below on Vista/Windows 7 computer.
1. Go to Control Panel. Choose Printer. Then choose Add Printer.
2. Choose Add a local printer. Click on Create a new port. The default in the drop down box is Local Port. Do not change that. Click Next.
3. Go to Control Panel. Choose Printer. Then choose Add Printer.
4. Choose Add a local printer. Click on Create a new port. The default in the drop down box is Local Port. Do not change that. Click Next.
5. Port name is \\BAYDOOR\PRINTER1
6. Click Next.
7. Under the Manufacturers list, select HP.
8. Under the Printers list, select the HP Series printer and click Next.
9. Select the newly created port and click Apply and OK.
10. Under Do you want to use this printer as the default printer? select "Yes" and click Next.
11. When asked to print a test page, select "Yes", then Finish.

The issue arises when the printer is shared between the XP and Vista/ Windows 7.

Re: mirror image printing by philly5706 (12/19/11 8:37 PM) reply + / -
Only 4 years too late.

Re: mirror image printing by thanks2013 (11/21/13 2:01 PM) reply + / -
Maybe 4 years late but those comments just fixed my mirror printing problem.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters