tiz

asked Nov 26, 2006 at 8:43pm
Brother Brother MFC 420CN

Brother MFC 420CN won't turn on!

Thanks in advance if anyone knows anything about this machine. It is only a few weeks old and I have only been using it as a stand alone fax/printer because I haven't had the time to set it up with the PC. It was fine when I sent several faxes during this time but tonight when I went to use it I discovered it had turned itself off and won't turn on again!

I've plugged and unplugged it several times, changed power outlets and tried holding the on/off button down and still nothing.

If anyone has any advice they would like to share it would be gratefully received. I really needed to use it tonight to fax overseas so I'm quite annoyed with it.
Take it back to the store and demand a refund. Buy something that doesn't have the Brother name on it. Most if not all MFC inkjet printers suck, so I have no recommendations. Brother happens to be the worst IMHO.
by moe on Nov 26, 2006 at 10:45pm Add comment
Seems to be a new problem with that brand!

I've heard that the transformers of the powersupplies in the newer brotherprinters do a lot of problems because of cheap and lousy production!

So take it back to the store as moe said!
by Anonymous on Nov 29, 2006 at 10:55am Add comment
I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY MACHINE AND HAD TO HAVE A NEW ON/OFF SWITCH PUT IN THE THING TO MAKE IT WORK. SEEMS TO DO WELL AT THIS TIME...NEVER FOUND THE REASON FOR THE FAILURE...
by unknown on Jan 8, 2007 at 12:50pm Add comment
Sorry to report that I am experiencing the same problem with my printer...of course, this happened two days after the warranty ran out! Grrrrrrrrrrr...
by One_Imaginary_Girl on Aug 19, 2007 at 7:46am Add comment
Same problem here but just outside the warranty period. This is the second one with this issue so it is obviously a piece of junk.
by sundrop1 on Aug 25, 2007 at 3:51am Add comment