fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

Brother MFC 420CN won't turn on!

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

Brother MFC 420CN won't turn on! by tiz (11/26/06 8:43 PM) reply + / -
Thanks in advance if anyone knows anything about this machine. It is only a few weeks old and I have only been using it as a stand alone fax/printer because I haven't had the time to set it up with the PC. It was fine when I sent several faxes during this time but tonight when I went to use it I discovered it had turned itself off and won't turn on again!

I've plugged and unplugged it several times, changed power outlets and tried holding the on/off button down and still nothing.

If anyone has any advice they would like to share it would be gratefully received. I really needed to use it tonight to fax overseas so I'm quite annoyed with it.

Re: Brother MFC 420CN won't turn on! by moe (11/26/06 10:45 PM) reply + / -
Take it back to the store and demand a refund. Buy something that doesn't have the Brother name on it. Most if not all MFC inkjet printers suck, so I have no recommendations. Brother happens to be the worst IMHO.

Re: Brother MFC 420CN won't turn on! by Anonymous (11/29/06 10:55 AM) reply + / -
Seems to be a new problem with that brand!

I've heard that the transformers of the powersupplies in the newer brotherprinters do a lot of problems because of cheap and lousy production!

So take it back to the store as moe said!

Re: Brother MFC 420CN won't turn on! by ASROCK (1/8/07 12:50 PM) reply + / -
I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY MACHINE AND HAD TO HAVE A NEW ON/OFF SWITCH PUT IN THE THING TO MAKE IT WORK. SEEMS TO DO WELL AT THIS TIME...NEVER FOUND THE REASON FOR THE FAILURE...

Re: Brother MFC 420CN won't turn on! by One_Imaginary_Girl (8/19/07 7:46 AM) reply + / -
Sorry to report that I am experiencing the same problem with my printer...of course, this happened two days after the warranty ran out! Grrrrrrrrrrr...

Re: Brother MFC 420CN won't turn on! by sundrop1 (8/25/07 3:51 AM) reply + / -
Same problem here but just outside the warranty period. This is the second one with this issue so it is obviously a piece of junk.

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters