fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (11/5/06 5:01 PM) reply + / -
I finally got it ..... I reset the MP130 with 5b00 error
Buy myself \\((^.^)//
thinks it over, please....

Printer and computer is RAM base structure.

They cannot record any memory without battery.

please follow the steps with screwdrivers

1. Unplug the printer (NO power or any connection)
2. Flip the whole thing Up side down
3. At the bottom, you can see there are screws
4. they are for the generator of the power supply
5. Take them away
6. And slowly take away the "brown" box
7. Then you will see a power cord links with printer
8. Use a very small driver to release it with real care
9. Leave it for 30 minutes
10. Put it back together .... done

After that
Also, from other, but work....
The reset procedure (for canon MP130) is:-
Turn on the machine
(1) Press MENU
(2) Press SCAN COPY SCAN to enter service mode
(3) USE > to got to NVRAM ACCESS
(4) set ABS-M LEVEL to 0
(5) set ABS-P LEVEL to 0
(6) Press STOP to EXIT
DONE !

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by gustaw (8/27/07 7:14 AM) reply + / -
Hi! It has worked for me with an MP110 too!!!

THX 4EWA!

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (9/18/07 10:10 PM) reply + / -
I have tried both of these procedures without success - I have left the battery disconnected for a whole night, which I presume would be long enough, but the error still appears.

When I attempt the official 'reset procedure' I get a message "INVALID KEY/SET" displayed.

Does anyone have an further ideas - I think my only other source of assistance might be Canon's own technical support?!

Re: Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fix by Anonymous (9/20/07 8:30 AM) reply + / -
Try the socond method.

It works for my printer.

Good luck!

Re: Re: Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fix by Anonymous (11/5/07 5:37 PM) reply + / -
im also got my printer displayed "checking printer 5B00". i have tried 3 time to disconnect the printer main power and left it few hours and left 30 munites. but still i got the same result.. i really need somebody help me.. thanks..

Re: Re: Re: Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fix by Anonymous (3/28/08 12:47 PM) reply + / -
when the printer rolling displayed : checking printer (5B00)

press MENU button, SCAN button, COPY button, SCAN button.
wait a minute.
it may be enter into special mode: service mode

(3) USE > to got to NVRAM ACCESS
(4) set ABS-M LEVEL to 0
(5) set ABS-P LEVEL to 0
(6) Press STOP to EXIT

i already fixed the error number 5B00(canon mp130)
thank you.

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (5/30/08 3:10 AM) reply + / -
Thanks guys - saved me buying a new printer!
FT

Kent

UK

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (6/9/08 1:30 PM) reply + / -
Thanks it worked. I was ready to scream. Oh that's right, I did scream. (^.^)

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (11/8/08 5:48 AM) reply+1 + / -
GOD BLESS THE INTERNET AND ALL WHO TYPE IN HER!! ;-)

Thank you so much, just saved us money on buying a new printer too!!

Still don't understand how it works or what the waste ink absorber actually is, but I'm printing and happy at the extra money saved.

BTW, while I'm on - does anyone have any suggestions regarding the MP610 v's other Canon printers with 4800 x 1200 dpi.

Thanks again ........

Re: Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (3/19/09 12:06 PM) reply + / -
i have left the battery off for all night, and i press is on, but it still error.

i get a massage"INVALID KEY/SET" dispalyed.
do anyone have an further ideas, please hlep me and text me back. thanks

Re: MP110 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (5/19/09 5:40 PM) reply + / -
IT WORKS FOR MY MP110 TOO :)
VERY SORRY TO CANON..... COZ U CANT EARN MY $$, HEHEHHHEEEEE....
THANKS GUYS!!

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by sc (7/24/09 11:28 PM) reply + / -
Please, help!
I´m brasilien, sory my english.
I need helllllllppppppppppp, please!!!

my printer is showing these errors, set the "check printer 5B00" and can not solve. Can you help me?

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (8/17/09 2:48 AM) reply + / -
No 2 is working with MP110 too. Thanks a lot.
Valeriy
Ukraine

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by totomitak (11/5/09 11:23 PM) reply + / -
My pixma MP180 could not enter service menu. The following procedure helped in my case:

1. Turn off the printer ( "Power" button).
2. Hold the button "Resume" (red circle in the triangle), add a printer (click "Power") - an indicator light green.
3. Hold the "Power" button, release the button "Resume".
4. Not releasing the "Power" button, double click "Resume" and release both buttons.
5. Four times click "Resume"
6. Once you click "Power", to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber). To disable the printer "Power" button to click again.

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (11/20/09 7:08 AM) reply + / -
THAN YOU SO MUCHH !! I WAS WORKING AND THIS PRINT STAR TO SEND ERROR...AND LOOK THIS SITE AND IM SO THANKFULL!"

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (2/2/10 5:50 AM) reply + / -
I WANT TO THANK THANK THANK THE PERSON THAT POSTED THIS INFO.
THE PROBLEMS STARTED WITH THE " WASTE INK IS ALMOST FULL "
MESSAGE.
I WAS READY TO JUNK THIS PRINTER, OWNED BY A SENIOR PERSON.
I USED THE SECOND PROCEDURE AND IT MADE THE PRINTER COME BACK
TO LIFE. NO MORE ERROR MESSAGES.
ONE THING YOU SHOULD BE CAREFULL OF WITH THIS PRINTER IS.
DONT TAKE OUT THE CARTRIGES AND THEN PUT THE SAME ONES BACK IN. I FOUND THAT ONCE YOU TAKE OUT A SET OF CART'S YOU NEED TO PUT NEW ONES IN. FOR SOME REASON IT ( IN MY CASE ) HAD PROBLEMS IF I PUT OLD CART'S BACK IN.
THANKS AGAIN TO THE PERSON THAT POSTED THE INFO.

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by Anonymous (3/31/10 3:05 AM) reply + / -
Canon Pixma MP130 check printer (5B00)

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by ryanz din (5/28/10 6:03 AM) reply + / -
Thank you so much, just saved us money on buying a new printer too!!... :)

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by whodoes (8/6/10 11:40 AM) reply + / -
yes it is also work in ip2770

Re: MP130 Canon printer check 5b00 error - fixed by PlayIt (4/3/11 12:08 AM) reply + / -
Thanks, My girlfriend was about to falcon punch her printer... berry bad... Now she happy = )

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters