fixyourownprinter.com
  Home    Reference    Forums  
  Printer Repair | Laser | InkJet | Chat | SearchSign In | Sign Up  

HP PSC 2410 Power-on Problem Scanner clicks

Post to this thread   Post a new message thread

HP PSC 2410 Power-on Problem Scanner clicks by rogerfixit (11/1/06 3:49 PM) reply + / -
When powering on, scanner light comes on and moves out a few inches from home position. Then it moves back in 1/4" steps then starts clicking. Unit will not function.
Checked all cables,belts, etc. Even changed scanner motor ass'y with one from another model. Unit then worked for a while but is back to where it was. HP gave me a reset operation to hold the CLEAR key while powering up. Worked once, I think, but not now.
Also did a semi-full reset - hold # and 6 buttons while plugging in. No better.
All ideas welcome.

Re: HP PSC 2410 Power-on Problem Scanner clicks by Stephen (11/5/06 7:00 PM) reply + / -
Cleaning the scanner optics and the bottom of the glass "might" help.

The machine is trying to find it's home position at the calibration strip, and it doesn't see it.

The calibration strip is between the glass and the plastic where the scanner light is shining when you hear the grinding noise.

Re: HP PSC 2410 Power-on Problem Scanner clicks by magicfingers (10/9/08 9:55 AM) reply + / -
I cleaned the bottom of the glass and it solved it for me!

Re: HP PSC 2410 Power-on Problem Scanner clicks by NikNikS (7/25/09 7:52 AM) reply + / -
To add to the above if a clean of the glass doesn't fix things what worked for me was a quick spray with an air duster into/around the scanner light/mirrors when you have the glass off. My guess same root cause -the machine is trying to find it's home position at the calibration strip and it doesn't see because something is in the way.

BTW HPs doc on how to open things up clean the glass is here ;

http://h10025.www1.hp.com

Re: HP PSC 2410 Power-on Problem Scanner clicks by Brudie (11/3/09 5:28 AM) reply + / -
Wow. This worked for me too. Saved me a bomb! Cheers!

Re: HP PSC 2410 Power-on Problem Scanner clicks by FIgster (12/16/10 5:13 AM) reply + / -
I can't believe that this was the problem. I've been struggling with this for a year

Post to this thread:

User:
Email:
Notify me if someone responds

Icon:            
Subject:

© 2012 fixyourownprinter.com, All posts belong to their respective posters